Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

corgski posted:

Im gay+2

im gay+3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif II
Jul 13, 2022

I'm Gary
i'm gary

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
lol if you don't think it'd be funnier that mittani gets booted for going inactive in a very powerful display of space paperwork pushing

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Solus posted:

lol if you don't think it'd be funnier that mittani gets booted for going inactive in a very powerful display of space paperwork pushing

:discourse:

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

Solus posted:

The bureaucrats control the Illum now.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

dragonshardz posted:

:nallears:

Do enlighten me, oh agéd third-party. I am open to receive your wisdom.

I mean I think I know what he’s getting at but I don’t know enough about goosefleet’s retention plans as numbers dwindle to make the call.

I had the option and a lot of people saying I should have schism’d when the hammer came down on Topgoon, but I chose not to (I kind of regret this because we could have made deklein a horror show for a while) mainly because I knew that ultimately my resource pull was “Goons and Allies who needed a break from mainfleet” and that my numbers and enthusiasm would probably be great for a year, but churn of players leaving would kill me in two. The SA pool is shallow.

This doesn’t need to go this way, but it’s very common in goon guilds in games of a particular type (full loot pvp with shitbird devs). In my own experience we usually found some likeminded groups and when churn inevitably occurs we’d merge, or we’d recruit off SA.

The second bit being that holes aren’t as new player friendly (in that they can be more sp intense). A healthy newbie “economy” is harder to create In inherently less secure space with fewer players to act as soaks for the lower tier resources newbies are capable of getting.

My general suggestion coming out of this remains the same as it always has been: scoop as many goons into a corp as you can and join an extant nullsec power.

But this is all conjecture, and honestly I’d still join you if I had eve “time” because I want you to succeed.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Bigbillthaboss posted:

how many posts were you able to fit in a standard industrial?

Only one in a cargo expanded industrial. It was one of yours so it was a huge piece of poo poo.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Gwailar posted:

1) Unpersoning Alex from SA and from GSF are not comparable tasks. Of course it took far fewer resources and less time for SA to do so. Plus, SA had nothing to lose.

2) My point isn't that Alex should be allowed to stay around. My point is that many of the people calling in this thread for Alex to be disavowed are doing so in a strident and tiresome manner that seems (to me) to ignore and refuse to acknowledge progress as a means to keep up the intensity and pressure.

Stop talking as if people who aren't doing things just as you want when you want must have bad motives. It's bad faith.

Printing this post so I can wipe my rear end with it.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

gently caress right off tia

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

i'm gay+4

Rhymenoserous posted:

I mean I think I know what he’s getting at but I don’t know enough about goosefleet’s retention plans as numbers dwindle to make the call.

I had the option and a lot of people saying I should have schism’d when the hammer came down on Topgoon, but I chose not to (I kind of regret this because we could have made deklein a horror show for a while) mainly because I knew that ultimately my resource pull was “Goons and Allies who needed a break from mainfleet” and that my numbers and enthusiasm would probably be great for a year, but churn of players leaving would kill me in two. The SA pool is shallow.

This doesn’t need to go this way, but it’s very common in goon guilds in games of a particular type (full loot pvp with shitbird devs). In my own experience we usually found some likeminded groups and when churn inevitably occurs we’d merge, or we’d recruit off SA.

The second bit being that holes aren’t as new player friendly (in that they can be more sp intense). A healthy newbie “economy” is harder to create In inherently less secure space with fewer players to act as soaks for the lower tier resources newbies are capable of getting.

My general suggestion coming out of this remains the same as it always has been: scoop as many goons into a corp as you can and join an extant nullsec power.

But this is all conjecture, and honestly I’d still join you if I had eve “time” because I want you to succeed.

gently caress sov tho

if we need to fold into a bigger group we'll find a compatible w-space group and go there.

i have done corp leadership for w-space goslings before and it's largely a matter of designing around what a gosling can actually do.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

That Works posted:

Lol directorate now all "you want me on that wall... You need me on that wall... To benignly remove the most toxic person in our community if they don't follow a bureaucratic process over the next 60 days"

Profiles in loving moral courage I tell ya.

Dude I don't know why I'm bothering to explain this to you since you've clearly got some preordered and presharpened axe that's done been ground, but come on. The Former Emperor of Goon Space FOR THE PAST TWELVE YEARS being quietly shuffled from the corporation by properly signed, sealed, and stamped space bureacracy is some of the funniest poo poo ever.

"Oh, how did he go? Did someone rage out and ban him in a fit of pique like he did to deadtear?"

"No, he failed to meet minimum activity requirements and Atrum purged him."

That's some salt on the salad I'm making. Just need another 43 days.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

andromache posted:

Dude I don't know why I'm bothering to explain this to you

I don't either. Maybe next time you can do the right thing without waiting 43 days?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Okay but like, it's not as funny though if he just logs into jabber in 42 days for a minute and doesn't post anything.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

That Works posted:

I don't either. Maybe next time you can do the right thing without waiting 43 days?

:emptyquote:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

CainFortea posted:

Okay but like, it's not as funny though if he just logs into jabber in 42 days for a minute and doesn't post anything.

It’s gonna happen before that. He’s still in the shocked this happened to me phase. Pretty soon he’s gonna smack into denial.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

That Works posted:

Oh you mean that banning thing that like 5 people in the alliance can do and I'm not one of them? Yeah, can't do that, I don't make those calls.

What I can do is enforce the pre-existing space bureacracy that the Former Emperor built, and using that to just quietly and impersonally shuffle him off no fuss is very, very funny to me.

ded posted:

atrum is that guy at the dmv who invents problems with your registration to keep from getting bored. he doesn't actually care he just wants to gently caress with ~everyone~

You aren't wrong.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Solus posted:

Just the characters, to boot, don't forget that detail

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

BigPaddy posted:

Only one in a cargo expanded industrial. It was one of yours so it was a huge piece of poo poo.

LOL holy hell this made me laugh, well played

COINCEL PRO
Mar 18, 2019

andromache posted:

Oh you mean that banning thing that like 5 people in the alliance can do and I'm not one of them? Yeah, can't do that, I don't make those calls.

What I can do is enforce the pre-existing space bureacracy that the Former Emperor built, and using that to just quietly and impersonally shuffle him off no fuss is very, very funny to me.

You aren't wrong.

That Works posted:

This is what it looks like when you have armchair middle management trying to paper over a CEO level HR crisis.

Claim everything is fixed, cast doubts on those asking for change, focus on getting back to normal without actually addressing many of the core problems, throw up the cowardly suggestion that they are unable to do anything further etc.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

andromache posted:

so you can't do what SA did and just change the rules for a guy who actively abetted a sex offender because There's Not Enough Support

that is a great sign. this is definitely a stable organization that won't have multiple implosions within it soon

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

andromache posted:

I don’t have the ability to do that.

However, if I’m still a full director in Goonwaffe when I do my next quarterly activity purge I’m kicking all his characters.

60 days with no posts, no jabber, no mumble. Them’s the rules. I think we are at 17 days now.

There are only two characters exempt from this rule and their owners are both dead.

This isn't an attack please don't read it as hostile, you're my buddy Atrum & I'm not mad at you, this isn't directed towards you in particular, the questions are rhetorical, but I've gotta say something on the "why do people still care hes stepped down" thing, honestly:

When I receive emails from teenage gsf members who tell me that they are horrified that they were playing around the known-to-mittani pedophile, Xenuria, in Pochven squad unknowingly? When they express outrage that no one made any attempt to warn them, because there was a rule against accusations against Xenuria's pedophilia SPECIFICALLY established and enforced actively by The Mittani himself, what are the consequences for that?

Because I, and others, have received those.

What about individuals who, being minors at the time, allege that Xenuria, whilst being protected knowingly by Mittani, attempted sexually propositioning them over mumble and other GSF platforms? What is the read-only for that?

Because I have seen those allegations as well, from multiple individuals.

God knows what he has possibly done that's not been spoken of. I'm not posting any of what I've been told here, but (if it's okay with them) I can send (non-identifying) screen caps privately, or ask if any of those individuals will be willing to speak with you directly, if there's doubt in their validity. I'm not throwing out hypotheticals here, this is all stuff that I have been told, and seen people say, without any agenda for telling anyone besides "this was wrong".

Taking that info consideration:
Have you considered the greater repercussions of what very well could have happened to minors as a result of Mittani sending Xenuria to the all-ages CCP fanfest event in Iceland?
How this was accomplished using GSF platformed support, while being shielded from allegations of Xenuria being a child sexual predator which were KNOWN to Mittani at the time?

Do you realize JUST HOW hosed that is?

This IS a hypothetical but: have you considered the VERY LIKELY possibility that Xenuria, while harbored by Mittani, sexually abused current or former underage members BEYOND propositions and creeping?

• Do you realize how emotionally and psychologically damaging that could be to his attempted victims, and possible victims, potentially still members, looking at this happen, to have this be "moved on from" by an organization whose former leader tacitly endorsed that possibility, with zero regard for the wellbeing of others or potential outcomes of that decision, and is still fully affiliated, financially and otherwise, with GSF?

• Is anything in a videogame worth even the slightest of chances of potentially causing or continuing that kind of harm?

• How does the current path not view that very possible risk as acceptable collateral damage? Because you cannot say with certainty that did not potentially occur directly as a result of what is known to have been allowed to occur.

• Do you think any member would feel would comfortable coming forward to any current leadership about anything that may have happened, or anything that may happen in the future, with the harassment-hider pedo-protector Mittani still in affiliation in any capacity?

Everyone in gsf getting poo poo over this top to bottom, you are all picking the tab up for Mittani (and Innom's) messes right here, when you [I]clearly don't want to be, and should not have to
: acknowledge, kickem, disavow their actions, and it'll return-to-sender. ties cut, problem solved.

or don't. not my problem 'n either way im totally right v@___@v

FirstnameLastname fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Aug 2, 2022

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Solus posted:

It’s perfect and inevitable and I love it.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Bigbillthaboss posted:

hey how is your confederate flag avatar is allowed in this thread?

look how dumb you are

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

9/11x3

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ded posted:

look how dumb you are

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

atelier morgan posted:

*goose wills it

Mother Goose is a great thing to use please do

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I like 2 roll:

1. tide
2. coal
3. bad posts

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Hi Gary

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I shot some pocos tonight.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Gonna have to side with andromache on this one I think -- you guys are way the hell overestimating both the power he can wield and the merit of what he's planning to do. If Mittani was planning some sort of Comeback 2023 Tour or whatever, he sure as hell doesn't need to have a character in GSF. Jabber exists, discord exists, etc. (I think this was covered earlier?) Kicking Mittani's characters from GSF is a fairly unimportant gesture; I agree that it can be deferred so it can be done for a funny reason rather than as part of some orchestrated, vehement act of retribution. Besides, if the dude waddles back into the fold somehow, he can just be 86'd immediately and life goes on.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Gonna have to side with andromache on this one I think -- you guys are way the hell overestimating both the power he can wield and the merit of what he's planning to do. If Mittani was planning some sort of Comeback 2023 Tour or whatever, he sure as hell doesn't need to have a character in GSF. Jabber exists, discord exists, etc. (I think this was covered earlier?) Kicking Mittani's characters from GSF is a fairly unimportant gesture; I agree that it can be deferred so it can be done for a funny reason rather than as part of some orchestrated, vehement act of retribution. Besides, if the dude waddles back into the fold somehow, he can just be 86'd immediately and life goes on.

The point here is that it’s literally the simplest and easiest gesture they can make and nobody has bothered.

There’s a couple of reasons to not just do it: no one can be bothered, which means the afk directorate who doesn’t address issues problem is still in play. The second is no one gives a poo poo, which lol, that’s a problem. The Third is that nobody wants to wah wah this is unfair to dear leader. I won’t bother expanding on why that one is the worst look.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Besides, if the dude waddles back into the fold somehow, he can just be 86'd immediately and life goes on.

it would be poetic if he tries to kramer his way back in and scores one of these in an EVE-theme

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Rhymenoserous posted:

The point here is that it’s literally the simplest and easiest gesture they can make and nobody has bothered.

There’s a couple of reasons to not just do it: no one can be bothered, which means the afk directorate who doesn’t address issues problem is still in play. The second is no one gives a poo poo, which lol, that’s a problem. The Third is that nobody wants to wah wah this is unfair to dear leader. I won’t bother expanding on why that one is the worst look.

Or four, everyone else thinks my plan is funny af and you are a big ole fun blanket, smothering all the fun.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dalmuti posted:

Delta's previous antics.

What were the previous antics?

Dalael posted:

4- Blanket pardon & unbanning of those involved

Its not much to ask.

Isn't is fairly well stated that none of the people who were banned/kicked from GSF care to ever go back so the amnesty thing isn't really that needed given the bridges have been burned beyond repair at this point?

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

people who made death threats,

When was that?

quote:

the guy who leaked mittani's address

Wait what?

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Aug 2, 2022

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

“Give GSF a chance, also they quite literally are incapable of booting the pedo sheltering ex ceo”

Certainly one can understand how the message is, at best, mixed

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
is there anyone who is ONLY asking that he be banned from GSF in game? im pretty sure the ask is for blacklist from services as well?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Lmao hes planning on kicking mittens but only if they don't log in at any point over 43 days. If they do welp sorry only just middle management, can't stop that guess we tried, we care about those abused folks but enough about that we are enjoying eve tho.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?
Just leave the goddamn alliance if you aren't down with how it's going.

Spoiler- nothing fundamental is going to change, I'm not suggesting that Mittens is going to puppetmaster control of the alliance and multi-dollar media empire, but, all they've done is scapegoat Delta and beat their chest on reddit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

andromache posted:

Dude I don't know why I'm bothering to explain this to you since you've clearly got some preordered and presharpened axe that's done been ground, but come on. The Former Emperor of Goon Space FOR THE PAST TWELVE YEARS being quietly shuffled from the corporation by properly signed, sealed, and stamped space bureacracy is some of the funniest poo poo ever.

"Oh, how did he go? Did someone rage out and ban him in a fit of pique like he did to deadtear?"

"No, he failed to meet minimum activity requirements and Atrum purged him."

That's some salt on the salad I'm making. Just need another 43 days.

He’ll just come back.

If you’re actually pushing for banning and disavowing him I think that’s great, but this maneuver is pointless and I don’t know why you think it’s funny unless it’s supposed to be a self deprecating joke. What’s important for effective change in a situation like this is having organizational leadership explicitly say words and take actions that will be contradicted and thus make them look like liars or chumps or both if he returns, which creates a barrier that this doesn’t, just like allowing him to slink away quietly doesn’t. But we both know why that isn’t happening.

Zodium fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Aug 2, 2022