Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Robobot posted:

Seconding this. I went my whole life in glasses and contacts thinking that’s what night driving looked like for everyone. When I went to get lasik they told me I had super bad astigmatism.
Didn't your contacts correct for astigmatism? My astigmatism is pretty bad (and getting worse, hooray), but I've been wearing toric lenses for 16 years or so that...fix it? Fit my weirdly shaped eyeballs better somehow? Basically I'm the person with astigmatism who has never seen anything like what's in that photo, and I can't figure out why. :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

I still remember the Infatreal insult battles in LF somewhat fondly, even if a lot of those jokes would fall pretty darn flat today. The bit about the WWI tank on mars trying to cross the Valles Marineris was hilarious, and it's sad that the punchline can't be divorced from that specific "bundle of sticks" slur. The Ultimate Hustler thread also pops up and makes me giggle like an idiot, even though I'd never try to describe it today.

Those are my old man things that I'm content to leave in the past.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Jesus Christ will you people just go to 4chan if you miss old SA so much instead of whining about it in the cursed image thread? Goons never know when to shut up.

Content:

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Yaldabaoth posted:

Jesus Christ will you people just go to 4chan if you miss old SA so much instead of whining about it in the cursed image thread? Goons never know when to shut up.

You're in no position to complain about anyone's posting especially since you piss and moan in every single thread you enter including this one. Your title is not hyperbole.

Content:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Tarkus posted:

You're in no position to complain about anyone's posting especially since you piss and moan in every single thread you enter including this one. Your title is not hyperbole.

Sorry, I need to stop lashing out at other people when I'm stressed out.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/_pem_pem/status/1554102177148424192

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/sleepy_homo/status/1554124747839098881

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

livin' sous vida loca

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Oh I see you’ve met my children

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Cone_bros(2).gif

Unrelated curse

https://twitter.com/alex_abads/status/1553929577415577600?t=zYzwhdme1UY3lAlrQUkmkQ&s=19

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/RyanMarino/status/1554222939670827008?t=TW-0tkUUdEfb11qrK6-slg&s=19

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

bugchasing, but with actual deer ticks

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

"medical intuitive"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

WHAT :psypop::tinfoil:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Make it a super curse by programming it to say this:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Who are those vapid bimboes? They don't have the common sense that god gave a jackass.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Ghostlight posted:

"medical intuitive"

I have a coworker who doesn’t believe any doctor who isn’t a chiropractor and gets most of his medical information from “The Medical Medium”.

I’ve known him for 20 years and I know one day I’m going to snap and tell him he’s a loving insane person.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

The curse is on me because now that I'm older, I look like I'm related to this guy.

I tend to do a better job of shaving and washing my hair, though.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

New spiritualism just dropped:

Tick Worshipping

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Honey, get in here.

The white women are worshipping deer ticks.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Look tripping on benadryl is probably where most people start to really connect with the spirit realm but when you're ready, and it's not for everyone, but I highly recommend it, try getting rabies. There's a raccon foaming at the mouth in all of us.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

The Anime Liker posted:

New spiritualism just dropped:

Tick Worshipping

https://i.imgur.com/YYU63DP.mp4

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

The Anime Liker posted:

Honey, get in here.

Finally Deer Tick get the recognition they deserve. What a good band

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Yaldabaoth posted:

The curse is on me because now that I'm older, I look like I'm related to this guy.

I tend to do a better job of shaving and washing my hair, though.

Is that the war nerd Gary Brecher? Like it's actually his face? How did I not realize it until now.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
I thought it was supposed to be Rainn Wilson from Entourage

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

ughhhh posted:

Is that the war nerd Gary Brecher? Like it's actually his face? How did I not realize it until now.

I think it's the same guy he uses for his John Dolan character but not actually him.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

The Anime Liker posted:

Honey, get in here.

I think it gets even worse?

Lyme disease and chronic lyme disease are two different things.

Lyme disease is caused by a bacteria and is usually cured in a few weeks.

Chronic Lyme disease has no medical definition in America and has a certain amount of woo and bullshit attached to it. Persistant symptoms after receiving the cure for Lyme disease are correctly called Post-Treatment Lyme Disease Syndrome (PTLDS), which has no proven treatment.

Judging by their other posts and mention of a liquid, they're talking about homeopathic "medicine".

So, either these idiots are backing a fake cure for an untreatable disease, backing a fake cure for a disease which doesn't exist, or they love ticks.

Pick your poison.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The ACA which was neutered by R intervention anyway? gently caress that.

Also

No, the ACA that saved my mom's life.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

madeintaipei posted:

I think it gets even worse?

Lyme disease and chronic lyme disease are two different things.

Lyme disease is caused by a bacteria and is usually cured in a few weeks.

Chronic Lyme disease has no medical definition in America and has a certain amount of woo and bullshit attached to it. Persistant symptoms after receiving the cure for Lyme disease are correctly called Post-Treatment Lyme Disease Syndrome (PTLDS), which has no proven treatment.

Judging by their other posts and mention of a liquid, they're talking about homeopathic "medicine".

So, either these idiots are backing a fake cure for an untreatable disease, backing a fake cure for a disease which doesn't exist, or they love ticks.

Pick your poison.

Yeah, there are chronic residuals of Lyme disease, but it's a bacteria. Once it's treated, it doesn't really progress.

I do sometimes feel like the idea of "chronic Lyme disease" falls under the umbrella of "doctors just don't believe women" such that no one is able or willing to explain their symptoms, so patients end up inventing a "disease" so that they might get treatment. The woo extortion around it is really just another malady from a system that is hesitant to truly treat the ailments of those less than financially capable of paying for treatment.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Agents are GO! posted:

No, the ACA that saved my mom's life.

Also mine.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Go on.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Dude in the video who got his pinky but off by a shark looks like he can afford a new one

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Do you really need TWO gonads?

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
I've procreated. Por que no los dos?

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

If you leave one you have a future revenue stream from selling its contents. Stop thinking like a poor person

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

going going gone nads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

I’m honestly curious what they could be talking about. There’s hair I guess, and if you count body fluids there’s semen and blood but that still leaves 6