Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Dear god, my youngest kid wanted to play Toy Story 3 which must have been a games with gold thing in the past.

Whoever made this game just have hated children because it is loving terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Maneki Neko posted:

Dear god, my youngest kid wanted to play Toy Story 3 which must have been a games with gold thing in the past.

Whoever made this game just have hated children because it is loving terrible.

There's an alternative coop mode that people greatly enjoy. I can't speak for the main game

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

There's an alternative coop mode that people greatly enjoy. I can't speak for the main game

Started playing octopath traveler. Now I’m concerned it’s going to leave gamepass before I play through it. I don’t suppose there’s a reputable place which accurately predicts that, is there?

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

otter posted:

Started playing octopath traveler. Now I’m concerned it’s going to leave gamepass before I play through it. I don’t suppose there’s a reputable place which accurately predicts that, is there?

I often use the "Likely Leaving" tab to decide what to play next. It's accuracy is very hit and miss though.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kspw-4paT-eE5-mrCrc4R9tg70lH2ZTFrJOUmOtOytg/edit#gid=716085

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Usually Game Pass availability works in 1 year chunks and since it arrived March 2021 I think it’s safe to assume it’s been renewed for another year. So as long as you think you can beat it by next March you should be fine.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The Overcooked games are some S tier couch co-op

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Really stupid question but for some reason I can't claim the Swamp Dweller's Minecraft bundle. They aren't showing up in the game and I went back to the page and all it does is give me the option to buy it as a gift. I checked my purchase history and it doesn't show up there and I can't find it to download on the app.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Blue Raider posted:

The Overcooked games are some S tier couch co-op

Also S tier “make you yell at each other”

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Overcooked stresses me the gently caress out. They're great games for sure but not what I would call a relaxing time.

I've always thought they'd be best with five people -- four workers and a manager.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is anyone here using this setup to run emulators in retail mode? Does it work well, any gotchas or ban risks?

https://gamr13.github.io/

https://youtu.be/BKgVRBtUBFQ

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is anyone here using this setup to run emulators in retail mode? Does it work well, any gotchas or ban risks?

I do, works great, safe. I'm using it on a One S and it seems to do everything up through PS1 well, even though a lot of N64 stuff runs terribly and Saturn is iffy. Only real problems I've run into is that I have a thumb drive full of PS1/PSP images that it won't find sometimes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

On a series console you get up to gamecube and ps2 titles working well, its a neat lil machine for that

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

If burnout 3 works fine on retroarch I will set it up properly tonight. I got whitelisted when it first got released and did nothing with it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

No risks whatsoever. Go wild

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

(over stimulated, struggling to breath) c-can it emulate the 2nd Mystical Ninja N64 game

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Where does one get the games from in emulation mode? I'd love to have a go at some of the SNES/Mega Drive games I played as a kid.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

google

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Classics was released for Xbox One, no idea if that is still available.

Also, look at how clumsy I am. I just stumbled and dropped this internet URL: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Archive#Software

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Aug 2, 2022

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Barudak posted:

On a series console you get up to gamecube and ps2 titles working well, its a neat lil machine for that

Oh nice, mostly I want it for N64 and Dreamcast, can it run those well? I imagine if it can do ps2/Dreamcast, N64 should be OK?

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Oh nice, mostly I want it for N64 and Dreamcast, can it run those well? I imagine if it can do ps2/Dreamcast, N64 should be OK?

From personal experience: Yes to N64, maaaybe to Dreamcast? I had a lot of trouble getting the Dreamcast core up and running on my console, but I'm also deeply stupid

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The next Game Pass batch has exposed itself...

COMING:
Today: Ghost Recon Wildlands (Cloud, Console, and PC)
August 4: Shenzhen I/O (PC), Turbo Golf Racing (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S)
August 9: Two Point Campus (Cloud, Console, and PC)
August 11: Cooking Simulator (Cloud, Console, and PC), Expeditions: Rome (PC), Offworld Trading Company (PC)

GOING:

Leaving August 15:
Boyfriend Dungeon (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Curse of the Dead Gods (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Library of Ruina (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Starmancer (Game Preview) (PC)
Train Sim World 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Kins posted:

The next Game Pass batch has exposed itself...

COMING:
Today: Ghost Recon Wildlands (Cloud, Console, and PC)
August 4: Shenzhen I/O (PC), Turbo Golf Racing (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S)
August 9: Two Point Campus (Cloud, Console, and PC)
August 11: Cooking Simulator (Cloud, Console, and PC), Expeditions: Rome (PC), Offworld Trading Company (PC)

GOING:

Leaving August 15:
Boyfriend Dungeon (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Curse of the Dead Gods (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Library of Ruina (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Starmancer (Game Preview) (PC)
Train Sim World 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

:whitewater:

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Nice! I've always wanted to try out Wildlands but didn't want to pay for it. Cooking Sim is also nice and I've been looking forward to Two Point Campus for a while now, I loved Two Point Hospital.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Woodlands is a trash fire even after they fixed the loot systems.

Menus in menus on other menus and more icons on a map than you can fathom.

Pull up a specific mission, I dare you.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah Two Point Campus will hopefully be super fun like Hospital was. Also Shenzhen was one of my favorite Zacktronics games, check it out if you like that stuff at all.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Beastie posted:

Woodlands is a trash fire even after they fixed the loot systems.

Menus in menus on other menus and more icons on a map than you can fathom.

Pull up a specific mission, I dare you.

Pretty sure breakpoint was the one with poo poo loot, wildlands never had any gear levels or whatever.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Wildlands is a bad, bad, bad game.

Breakpoint is worse.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I finally played Far cry 5 and the being kidnapped thing doesn't really bother me. It seems pretty linked to the little meter for each little button and heavily telegraphed. You know exactly when it's that time. The thing I hate is driving around in the car is a nightmare. Why even give you the option to drive? Any time you go more than 20 feet in a car you'll run into cultist on the side of the road or in another car who make it such a hassle.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I finally played Far cry 5 and the being kidnapped thing doesn't really bother me. It seems pretty linked to the little meter for each little button and heavily telegraphed. You know exactly when it's that time. The thing I hate is driving around in the car is a nightmare. Why even give you the option to drive? Any time you go more than 20 feet in a car you'll run into cultist on the side of the road or in another car who make it such a hassle.

The kidnapping as a complaint is really overblown, I agree - it's hardly gamebreaking.

Driving tip - get a helicopter.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I could tolerate the kidnapping if the missions they dragged me into weren’t lectures or walking sims

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

Beastie posted:

I could tolerate the kidnapping if the missions they dragged me into weren’t lectures or walking sims

Bonus tip - skip cutscenes by holding B.

Must I do everything around here.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I don’t know if I’d want to play Cooking Simulator but the Let’s Game it Out videos on it are always great.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I was excited to play Wildlands when I bought it on sale like a year ago. then in one of the first encounters I died, and then I respawned just outside the little base I was trying to capture, right in-between four guard towers. then I watched for about 10 minutes as I died, spawned, died immediately, spawned again, died immediately, etc. until I got tired of watching it and went to play MLB The Show

I think I was supposed to teleport out or something but idk it wasn't a very engaging experience

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Toaster Beef posted:

From personal experience: Yes to N64, maaaybe to Dreamcast? I had a lot of trouble getting the Dreamcast core up and running on my console, but I'm also deeply stupid

The One S runs Dreamcast just a hair too slow to truly be playable for 3D games, so I imagine a Series console should do fine. Luckily it does PSP well so I can still get my Power Stone fix in.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I liked Breakpoint for a while as someone who likes sneaking in and taking down outposts, but it does get old and I remember the loot being weird at launch. I thought it might be more fun co-op but never got around to trying.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/1554499277895999488?s=21&t=7l4NXuv3HyDG4i4JAr051w

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yeah it’s called Hellblade

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
What in the hell is turbo golf racing

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Rocket League but Golf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

American McGay posted:

Rocket League but Golf.

Except this sounds fun???