Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Does anyone have that link that debunks the whole "there are less illicit transactions with bitcoin vs the USD" bullshit? Have one of those idiots acting like that matters, today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Strong Sauce posted:

but Frank... what if Helium is also scam? :thunk:

Scam Economy did a recent episode on this and it was pretty awesome. https://scameconomy.com/e/v8wmjj48-25-helium-is-touted-as-the-web3-gold-standard-is-it-all-just-a-bunch-of-hot-air-w-liron-shapira

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Does anyone have that link that debunks the whole "there are less illicit transactions with bitcoin vs the USD" bullshit? Have one of those idiots acting like that matters, today.

People saying that, are they talking purely in number of transactions, or percent? Cuz the former I could kinda see being true, but the latter? Hahahahahhahahah

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Gutcruncher posted:

People saying that, are they talking purely in number of transactions, or percent? Cuz the former I could kinda see being true, but the latter? Hahahahahhahahah

There have to be way more than 7 illicit USD transactions per second, it would be impossible for Bitcoin to compete.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

Whichever reminds people again that bitcoin is loving garbage would do. Still, need cites. Yeah I'm talking the percentage one.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Aug 1, 2022

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/secgov/status/1554143753354584064?s=21&t=0iXyuaQe4yQXpO-IGGTxMQ

drk
Jan 16, 2005

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Whichever reminds people again that bitcoin is loving garbage would do. Still, need cites. Yeah I'm talking the percentage one.

Here's an academic article that puts it at 11-12% of the US economy: https://www.dickinson.edu/news/article/3136/understanding_the_shadow_economy

If your guy wants to argue that Bitcoin is less than that, its not worth discussing further because they are delusional. For one it would suggest nearly 90% of people correctly report and pay taxes on their crypto transactions. Thats before you get to the more blatant frauds and scams that are pervasive in crypto and to which bitcoin is inextricably linked to.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

drk posted:

Here's an academic article that puts it at 11-12% of the US economy: https://www.dickinson.edu/news/article/3136/understanding_the_shadow_economy
That article implies 11% in dollar value amounts, not percentage of transactions.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
lol https://twitter.com/FatManTerra/status/1554258880380772352

edit: more

https://twitter.com/samczsun/status/1554260106107179010

drk fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Aug 2, 2022

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I hate when people hack me by using my API which I created for them to use, exactly how I designed it to work.

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC

Code is flaw (again)

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
I just went to check on Nugen again since someone mentioned it upthread.

The public Facebook group has a post asking people to switch over to Telegram on July 3rd, a cryptic post on July 14th saying peoples coins are being transferred to the “new platform wallet” (accompanied by several confused comments wondering where their coins are now and how to access them) and then a final post on July 15 with comments disabled that simply reads “Will be back soon” and then nothing else since.

So it’s probably going great for everyone.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Searching the hashtag and it’s just a pile of poo poo like this:

- - - - -

Mmmmmm. All these years I thought trading was evil. Religion will kill us if we're not careful. Now that I study trading from a Biblical perspective I realize how much I was missing out on Real Education and Real Wealth that God intend for His children.

How could I fail Mathematics so many times if I'm this smart ya'll 😢 😿 😭 (kidding)

Thank you Lord for opening my eyes and for introducing me to Nugen Coin.

Investing in my brain
Investing in my future
Investing in my children
Investing in my generation

#learningisfun
#cryptocurrencyisthefuture
#Nugencoin

I must admit that God brought me here to taste real freedom.

#godsplanisperfect

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Flavor Aid, please :rolleyes:

Read the white paper.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

fullroundaction posted:

Searching the hashtag and it’s just a pile of poo poo like this:

- - - - -

Mmmmmm. All these years I thought trading was evil. Religion will kill us if we're not careful. Now that I study trading from a Biblical perspective I realize how much I was missing out on Real Education and Real Wealth that God intend for His children.

How could I fail Mathematics so many times if I'm this smart ya'll 😢 😿 😭 (kidding)

Thank you Lord for opening my eyes and for introducing me to Nugen Coin.

Investing in my brain
Investing in my future
Investing in my children
Investing in my generation

#learningisfun
#cryptocurrencyisthefuture
#Nugencoin

I must admit that God brought me here to taste real freedom.

#godsplanisperfect

People that believe in everlasting eternal life but still seek wealth are some of the dumbest people.

That or they don’t believe heaven is real, but they love the God text everywhere?

Its the same dude who brings a gun to church for protection.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

fullroundaction posted:

Flavor Aid, please :rolleyes:

Read the white paper.

They investigators found both, but Koolaid has put a lot of effort into trying to remove that idiom.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

fullroundaction posted:

...."trading from a Biblical perspective"...

buttshitbuttshitbuttshitbuttshitbuttshitbuttshitbuttshitbuttshitbuttshitbuttshit

lol the only investment advice I would copy from the bible is Jesus wrecking poo poo at that temple that one time.

oh and Jubilees, like we legit should wipe debts after a few decades imo.

not sure what the macroimpact would be.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Hell yes I bought a 4M mansion the debt was wiped last week #wimning #whatispropertytax

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

FilthyImp posted:

Hell yes I bought a 4M mansion the debt was wiped last week #wimning #whatispropertytax

Better than "The principle on my $45,000 is now $65,000 dollars after I've spent ten years paying it".

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Don't get me wrong, I think jubilee would be awesome. But there would be an amazing number of lolz related to people making really fun decisions on the basis of 'it goes away in X years! :shepspends:"

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

fullroundaction posted:

The public Facebook group has a post asking people to switch over to Telegram on July 3rd, a cryptic post on July 14th saying peoples coins are being transferred to the “new platform wallet” (accompanied by several confused comments wondering where their coins are now and how to access them) and then a final post on July 15 with comments disabled that simply reads “Will be back soon” and then nothing else since.

a lotta yall still dont get it

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

PITY BONER posted:

a lotta yall still dont get it

Easy for you to say. I bought 3 freaking Slurp Juice by mistake and I only have 1 gosh darn ape.

I’m totally boned!

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

fullroundaction posted:

I'd really like to hear what Aggressive Nugen Neighbor has to say

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
They just need 10k more to buy access to the Elite Lounge where their coins are worth an extra 20%!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Professor Shark posted:

Why are so many streamers weirdo racists?

Shortcut to make money quickly

Convince a bunch of sweaty teens and broken middle aged libertarians that you're Not Woke and Unafraid To Tell The Truth and if you have an iota of charisma and presentation skills you can rake in the dough until you push it too far and get banned

Eventually you'll become the persona you made and won't be able to ever stop, like The Mask for people who hate women

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
https://twitter.com/zachbussey/status/1554221015106035712?s=21&t=zq2JRud3W0JGUHnE2moKCg

Welcome to OmiCon

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

You are probably familiar with this story, but the ticker is up to nine years on the dude who will spend the rest of his life desperately trying to dig through an ever growing mountain of rubbish: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-62381682

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

I clicked on a vlog from some youtubers I follow. I didn't see a single mask in the background of any of their shots. I genuinely had to take a moment to double check that this TwitchCon 2022 video didn't come out in 2019.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
Does the US still have Covid mandates? The UK hasn't had any for months other than in NHS buildings.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Yeah in my country you no longer have to quarantine, if you wear a mask. lol

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!

Alchenar posted:

You are probably familiar with this story, but the ticker is up to nine years on the dude who will spend the rest of his life desperately trying to dig through an ever growing mountain of rubbish: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-62381682

It's stopped growing as it's now compacted and covered. It's an environmental no-no. Never going to happen. Who gives a poo poo about a crypto hub.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
Here in Norway it's pretty much been business as usual since February. Everyone has had the opportunity to take 3 vaccine doses. No one bothers with masks and distancing anymore.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Betjeman posted:

It's stopped growing as it's now compacted and covered. It's an environmental no-no. Never going to happen. Who gives a poo poo about a crypto hub.
If anything the fact the guy wants to pollute the local community with more crypto brainworms adds more weight to the local authority's desire not to sacrifice their environmental mandate.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

LordArgh posted:

Here in Norway it's pretty much been business as usual since February. Everyone has had the opportunity to take 3 vaccine doses. No one bothers with masks and distancing anymore.

Yeah, most people have two doses here and many the third, but participation in the third was noticeably lower. It appears a lot of people decided enough was enough and refused to get more. When vaccine hesitancy first reared it’s head I somewhat joked that anti Vaxxesrs should be treated like children afraid of needles, but I have legitimately encountered adults who refused to get the shots because they are afraid of needles.

I think that’s also why people with insurance don’t go to the dentist anyway.

My wife and I have all three and are getting the fourth when we can, probably Fall.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Alchenar posted:

Like, I would not want to bet small cash money on a hard drive that hadn't been spun since 2013 working in any capacity if it had been stored in a dry climate controlled office the whole time

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

erosion posted:

I'd really like to hear what Aggressive Nugen Neighbor has to say

100% same.

It might be because I’ve worked in marketing for a long time, but Nugen’s public use of “KYC” forms really bothers me. In my world that’s always been an inside baseball term that’s a little sneaky and a little dirty and something we’ve always tried to keep solely in the background. Maybe it’s different for other industries but either way it’s like nails on a chalkboard to me.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
A pretty consistently large group of the crypto/trader contingent I have seen are usually believers in Rogan, call Biden Sleepy Joe, gargle propaganda and recite it all day, and believe the covid vaccine is poison. Oh and sometimes carnivore diet surfaces or other loving nonsense. Don't forget they're heavily interested in gun ownership too. It's more than a trifecta usually.

I even had one guy say he can't take vacations outside his country (uk) because his family isn't vaccinated.

When I remind them that a vaccine would enable cheaper travel the cognitive dissonance kicks in. I've seen some shocking levels of misogyny too. Mind you these people probably have polio and other vaccines. They've just completely accepted all the propaganda since 2016. My cousin still believes in ivermectin for covid, even.

Seriously propaganda ramp up has been a loving disaster for this planet lately.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Kill Your Celf?

Knew York City?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=kyc