Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Vando posted:

There does seem to be something going around GSF where people can blatantly cross about five lines at once but if they say they definitely won't do it again it's all good, carry on. Airlock these dipshits, what are you playing at?

That's how abuse works: abusers get away with things over and over, and people raised on Disney and Hallmark movies are more than happy to believe they'll change the second, third, fourth time without any material work to show for it.

Backtracking this conversation, it really did go down line this:
-Small domino: a killmail from Eve Online, the thread subject
-Next domino: globby posting about space ubermensch
-Several dominos later: eastern europeans are irreparably traumatized by communism and that somehow excuses three instances of loud homophobia

The way I see it, you guys who keep trying to defend the e-Bushido honor of GSF are constantly derailing this thread, and you need to get the gently caress out.

Alternately, remove Globby and you probably stop like 90% of this escalation path of gaslighting and minimization. The people who threw down with GSF last month largely moved on with their own EvE Online things (taps thread subject), why won't the GSF posters move on from what happened?

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Aug 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul harris
Oct 22, 2020
The word “doxing” is derived from the term “dropping documents.” Doxing is a form of cyberbullying that uses sensitive or secret information, statements, or records for the harassment, exposure, or other exploitation of targeted individuals.

Bigbillthaboss posted:

None of what I said had anything to do with me pointing out why the other dude was wrong on multiple fronts, establishing a base line of factoids about me, myself, and I.

asking for details would be asking me to explain why they were upset

I didn't tell you anything except it was an internal / private matter that shouldn't be discussed. I'm having trouble understanding how I am both in agreement with you, but at the same time being accused by you of that same thing. All 3 of those bullet points (except #1) were about me, I'm not exactly sure how me consenting to my own disclosure is in some way a violation with myself's consent with me? I never make reference to anyone else except in bullet point 1 where I established it wasn't McWolf.

Is this your posting strategy? To bait people into slipping up on one thing then juxtaposing to an alternative angle in which you attack the same person except come from secondary route of attack? That was pretty smooth.

They are free to publicly respond and comment as they deem fit - I have no control over how other choose to express their feelings or the avenues of which they express them.

To entertain the actual focus would mean discussing details of which we both established were not good ideas.

What? How in the poo poo did you derive this assessment from me just avoiding a topic of discussion I can't engage with? You're going to dislocate your shoulder with that reach, that or its projection.

Two doors to chose from:

or

Pick one!

I mean, you got me man. You're asking me double edged questions, and answering one part means I violate the secondary part - nice traps. The whole "what did you do / why is she mad?!" and "her public response is public" are nice set ups in response to my commentary about how I'm not sharing details. You know I can't respond to inquiries about internal matters, but you skillfully crafted those alternative questions to appear like non-detail oriented inquiries (even though they're effectively the same). I'm betting you anticipated I would slip up or give a tiny peak into the details, at which point you had a cross and nails on standby for me "violating sensitive information without consent". Seems like check, not yet sure if its checkmate though.

Well played FNLN, continue the game or reset the chess board? I'm low on movement options here.

Like I said, you can always slide into muh DMs on Discord if you truly care about learning more, but I think you would rather collect big-game posting trophies to hang above the fireplace.

you are being weirdly aggressive in your response to the constant hounding you are getting from people who keep bringing up their grievances with you

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Vando posted:

There does seem to be something going around GSF where people can blatantly cross about five lines at once but if they say they definitely won't do it again it's all good, carry on. Airlock these dipshits, what are you playing at?

People joke about the legendary SA load-bearing slurs, but that sort of what this is. When it was decided by whoever that Goonfleet should be a big space empire that fought large sov wars in a grindy rear end mmo it has always protected people who did space jobs. I vaguely remember how most active people freaking hated DBRB because he was a huge pubbie idiot on the forums and on TS. But he was never kicked because he would run fleets to shoot POS towers like 18 hours a day and that meant that Mittani or whoever didn't have to do poo poo. The ultimate solution was just to recruit more pubbie idiots and the problem sort of goes away.

Anyways, guilds like this really show the bad side of MMOs which is basically exploiting depressed people or others who are looking for social connections into doing stuff like fueling POS towers for years and cutting them off from society in general. Probably more of a Eve Online problem than a Goonfleet specific one, but GSF certainly made squeezing people into being perma-online more efficient than all the other big groups.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Curious how the people writing excuses for various abusive behaviors on a daily basis are constantly hounding us here, the only place they can still reach us.

I wonder if there's a pattern to that--abusers emotionally unable to let go of their prey, especially if it looks like they might get away and do something else.

Imagine, if you will, someone getting whipped into a frothing anger every time he saw a picture killmail of an ex having fun at a bar in a wormhole. That would sure be something creepy as hell, wouldn't it!

Especially if it was the Bonus Room coercion guy.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Aug 2, 2022

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Anyways, guilds like this really show the bad side of MMOs which is basically exploiting depressed people or others who are looking for social connections into doing stuff like fueling POS towers for years and cutting them off from society in general. Probably more of a Eve Online problem than a Goonfleet specific one, but GSF certainly made squeezing people into being perma-online more efficient than all the other big groups.

This. I don't really expect it to change because its what makes the whole thing work, the reason I keep pushing "this is what actually needs to change if you want things to have a chance to end up good" is for the benefit of the people who see themselves as good people who keep stopping by this thread to talk about how things will definitely be getting better soon.

If you are staying with GSF or other Imperium entities on the promise of things being better, you need to understand what "being better" looks like. You also need to understand that people who won't take your word for it without demonstrations of those things are not going to be swayed by your plaintive goodpersonposting. Please go away and enjoy your cognitive dissonance somewhere else.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

andromache posted:

Subdirector is GSOL slang for dude who has been space trucking long enough to be trusted with some more complicated/riskier tasks.

They aren’t in illum and no one outside of GSOL really knows/cares who they are.

Guy is an older Eastern European who escaped from ~the commies~ (Ie trauma) and has some of that Clint Eastwood old man fear that the kids are going to make the country communist liberal pussies.

So he has on three occasions donned his old eastern euro track suit and raged war on the libs (two corp mails and his epic SA post where he demanded ya’ll apologize to him (come on guys, that poo poo was funny)).

He was told in no uncertain terms to muzzle his poo poo or he’d be removed and afaik he has done so.

Main thing to take away here is ya’ll aren’t the only ones with traumatic experiences shaping your world view so maybe chill a bit on the whole “everyone who disagrees with me is a piece of poo poo.”

Get a load of this horseshit.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
The loud complaints that people are not letting GSF's past transgressions go are mind-blowingly stupid. In one breath, you speak of what you've done to remove offenders and put "measures" into place to stop future problems, and in the other you downplay the issues that created the mess in the first place. Every post I read just makes it more and more clear that the people left to "fix" GSF are very much still not aware of what the problem was in the first place. Sweeping things under the rug, asking people to take conversations to private places, and asking people to "trust the system" doesn't work when the main complaint being leveled is that the system is fundamentally corrupt and failed. Nobody continuing to bring this up thinks the "new system" is going to work. For every action you take to "solve" the problem, you still have failed to take the ones repeatedly laid at your feet, that is, banning The Mittani from all the services, and unbanning everyone who was "punished" for their posting during the peak of the drama. Make your excuses, but they fall on deaf ears.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

People joke about the legendary SA load-bearing slurs, but that sort of what this is. When it was decided by whoever that Goonfleet should be a big space empire that fought large sov wars in a grindy rear end mmo it has always protected people who did space jobs. I vaguely remember how most active people freaking hated DBRB because he was a huge pubbie idiot on the forums and on TS. But he was never kicked because he would run fleets to shoot POS towers like 18 hours a day and that meant that Mittani or whoever didn't have to do poo poo. The ultimate solution was just to recruit more pubbie idiots and the problem sort of goes away.

:hmmyes:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
You are all guilty of keeping this poo poo going because you all keep posting about it.

Stop answering Bill, Globby and any other idiot coming in here with their hot takes and eventually they'll go away.

Holy poo poo how did you guys not learn this in elementary school?

Stick to talking about your WH corp and dont let these idiots derail you from having fun.

There's one thing people arent doing enough, its posting about EVE the game. And when it comes to EVE, wormholes arent discussed enough.

paul harris
Oct 22, 2020
The word “doxing” is derived from the term “dropping documents.” Doxing is a form of cyberbullying that uses sensitive or secret information, statements, or records for the harassment, exposure, or other exploitation of targeted individuals.

Potato Salad posted:

Especially if it was the Bonus Room coercion guy.

Who is that?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Oh, boy.

Idk if it's a good idea to go into it! Last time we did, we got a ten page earful about how some extraordinary creepy poo poo somehow isn't wrong and creepy as hell.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Aug 2, 2022

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
groon

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

We live in nullsec, don't have SOV, and aren't GSF.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Stop posting about posters.

Stop stalking through old posts and Discord screenshots to own your posting enemies.

Stop begging for people to be threadbanned because you disagree with them.

Stop touching the poop.

I am so sick of waking up to a dozen reports about the dumb poo poo in here. My patience is exhausted.

paul harris
Oct 22, 2020

Potato Salad posted:

Oh, boy.

Idk if it's a good idea to go into it! Last time we did, we got a ten page earful about how some extraordinary creepy poo poo somehow isn't wrong and creepy as hell.

lol, why bring it up then?

e: lmao, nevermind apparently you're bringing up some bullshit drama

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

eve

eve online

Service Charge
Jan 22, 2004
I'm not cheap

was a mistake

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Kaysette posted:

Stop stalking through old posts and Discord screenshots to own your posting enemies.

Stop touching the poop.

I am so sick of waking up to a dozen reports about the dumb poo poo in here. My patience is exhausted.

How do I apply to be IK of this thread, and this thread only?

On an unrelated note, can IKs gas a thread?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I have read every single SA eve thread over the years and this one is the absolute worst. That is saying something.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Raged posted:

I have read every single SA eve thread over the years and this one is the absolute worst. That is saying something.

Yeah pretty much.

DEADTEAR FOR IK

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Aug 2, 2022

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Kaysette posted:

Stop touching the poop.

I got a dude up in here telling me that having a known transphobe in corp with all his pos fuelling roles and other roles, presumably including the one that can give or take docking rights away, intact because he had a private word and the raging bigot was told to use his inside voice. This is about power, and not allowing people like this to have power over women.

If you are exhausted just imagine how I feel after 25 years of fighting this poo poo.

I was traumatised when queer bashers smashed my jaw to bits and knocked half my teeth out because it looks like a bloke and yet I have yet to use that as an excuse to make any environment unsafe for the LGBT+ community or women.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Aug 2, 2022

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

we killed space detroit and i went to see what r/eve had to say

they are very mad

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

snuff man bad

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I remember when Eve had its own sub-forum like WOW, but it got so toxic it was destroyed. I fear soon all Eve threads will be banned.

Not complaining.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

paul harris posted:

ban the guy who posted things on discord

who is ur karma feet main

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Ed: nope nevermind

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Aug 2, 2022

Service Charge
Jan 22, 2004
I'm not cheap

Rust Martialis posted:

A subdirector in GSOL (if he even is one) is zero power over anything, women included. It just means you can be trusted to do a few logistical things that need a minimum of rights. If a GSOL subdirector was caught loving around with docking rights (if they even can?) they'd be shot by the GSOL directors, who do have power.

He said a stupid thing, he apparently got told to shut the gently caress up, and... he did. Am I missing a pattern of transphobic acts with instances beyond the one corp mail?

This. He has power over fueling and configuring (to a limited degree, since a bunch of stuff requires full director in the owning corporation) structures owned by goonwaffe, nothing more. Abusing those powers is a rapid one way ticket to a ban, but the reason he's had those powers for years is that he could be trusted not to abuse them even if he has bad opinions.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
He came on here and tripled down on two occasions months apart you gaslighting chuds.

If you cant see why gay people dont want to be in your corps using stations maintained by a bigot then you found the home you loving deserve.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Aug 2, 2022

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
It's not about having power in this instance, it's about being present at all. How is that still not understood?

You guys are being really obtuse about this and it doesn't fool anyone, you can't keep shuffling deckchairs about this stuff and expect it to be taken seriously.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

"we'd love to get rid of the unrepentant bigot but he's good at his extremely replaceable job, sorry our hands our tied".

And this is the goonfleet that we're supposed to believe is going to do better. Good job proving your words are empty bullshit.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

learnincurve posted:

He came on here and tripled down on two occasions months apart you gaslighting chuds.

Links to these additional transphobic comments by yogizh please? I looked in his post history but couldn't see anything relevant, but search is garbage on mobile so I may have missed them.

And kindly stop with the "gaslighting chud" remarks.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Rust Martialis posted:

Links to these additional transphobic comments by yogizh please? I looked in his post history but couldn't see anything relevant, but search is garbage on mobile so I may have missed them.

And kindly stop with the "gaslighting chud" remarks.

Check his rapsheet, its right there.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Aug 2, 2022

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

there are 100 million victims of gommunism and they all have the right to hate queer people sorry

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Ive blocked all the thread gaslighters and chuds xox

Be gay do crimes HONK.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Dalael posted:

Check his rapsheet, its right there.

Dalael - nevermind, apparently LC isn't interested in discussing the issue and I'm not interested in cheap theatrics and insults.

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Aug 2, 2022

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

captainclaw posted:

Nothing ever happens unless I witness it. I'm player one of this poo poo video game. Now who had that quest where the sheep had run amok? Do I need to un ignore someone to hand it back in?

So you think. You wait until I die, mate: the whole thing just switches off.

Kaysette posted:

Stop touching the poop.

This cycle of posting is going to continue so that tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow creeps in this petty pace from day to day, to the last syllable of recorded time.

Or at least until people in this fine thread accept that they've won as much as is going to happen for now. Mittens has slunk off and what was left of his brand is for mainstream purposes trashed; Asher is no fan of his; the INN stuff - mea loving culpa, the cancer that drove so much of the worst behaviour because what do you know, money makes people behave terribly - will probably trundle along for a long time through inertia; and nobody is going to change the culture of thousands of Eve gamers (of all things) who self-selected by being attracted by Mittani's behaviour to that of current SA posters, no matter how much they are harangued (in fact probably less so the more they are harangued).

Nothing we can demand - no banning from services, no damnatio memoriae, no memory hole - can change the fact that if Alex finds his life unutterably empty in middle age without bully pulpit and his drearily overplayed WH40K memes and wants to come back in a year or two then he can just ask on a discord or in a whatsapp chat and back he'll go. And endlessly pre-iterating why that will be awful between now and then will presumably end up with probes and a No Eve Threads policy from weary mods.

Raged posted:

And this is despite it competing in an eye-wateringly strong field.

Endie fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Aug 2, 2022

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Rust Martialis posted:

I only see the two most recent probes on 10 and 12 July as possibly relevant. The response he made to FNLN about a corpmail and his longer rant. Is that it?

Afaik.

I think it started with a corp mail, then a doubling down on gf.com, followed by being told to stfu and then him coming here for the latest post. Its been a point of contention ever since.

learnincurve posted:

Ive blocked all the thread gaslighters and chuds xox

Be gay do crimes HONK.

Ppl will back me up on this, add me to your list if you have not already. I sometimes bad post that way and you might prefer me on your ignore list.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Aug 2, 2022

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I too like to huff the gasses seeping from the festering corpses of Ronald Reagan and Maggie Thatcher while squawking about decorum on the internet

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul harris
Oct 22, 2020

learnincurve posted:

If you are exhausted just imagine how I feel after 25 years of fighting this poo poo.

the game came out in 2004