Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

just put it on your calendar as, "meeting with a vendor"

no lies detected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Wait people like look at your calendar or something? I just have a bunch of untitled meetings whenever I want to block time for myself.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
isn't there some option to not let people see content of your calendar, just the blocked off time?

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i litearlly chose to work in IT so i could gently caress around in IRC and on forums at work all day. at that time it was all drum and bass poo poo, but now I have played myself and gently caress about in computer nerd forums and slacks :negative:

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

psiox posted:

isn't there some option to not let people see content of your calendar, just the blocked off time?

yes at least on our lovely exchange you can choose to just have your calendar set to display only free/busy

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

thinking about all the working im going to pretend to do tomorrow

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Skim Milk posted:

thinking about all the working im going to pretend to do tomorrow

hell yeah

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
The weekend was too big and this is the first time I get to myself since last monday, so I'm not getting anything done at all! Huzzah!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Going to be building some code all day. 👍

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

riding out the rest of the day doing nothing. not even going to mouse jiggle!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

hell yea

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I’m useless today :>/-<

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

its raining, 15 degrees celsius and an outdoors team building event is planned for the whole day

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

4lokos basilisk posted:

its raining, 15 degrees celsius and an outdoors team building event is planned for the whole day

shared misery is exactly what brings people together

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
yesterday was a mouse wiggle kind of day, forecast for today is looking pretty similar

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
work crm is down so i literally cannot work :cheerdoge:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

HamAdams posted:

yesterday was a mouse wiggle kind of day, forecast for today is looking pretty similar

this whole week is looking like this, with half the office taking all or most of the week off

too bad there’s the occasional update meeting where I have to tell ”type A” project managers that there’s no update because I’m waiting on <insert excuse that makes it not my fault> :shobon:

moonshine is......
Feb 21, 2007

getting a new job so i can pretend to do higher paying work

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

moonshine is...... posted:

getting a new job so i can pretend to do higher paying work

I want to do this but I haven’t figured out how to pretend to interview yet

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

3 week vacation starts tomrrow which actually means it starts now.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
3 hour D&I meeting today. camera off & muted, respectfully. does that count?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

what's D&I

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

what's D&I

diversity and inclusion my friend.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I touched fish alllll day cuz I got pinkeye and also my new med makes me drowsy.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
i have a three hour "talent calibration" sesh in a few weeks and i honestly can't even imagine how they expect to fill that time

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Corla Plankun posted:

i have a three hour "talent calibration" sesh in a few weeks and i honestly can't even imagine how they expect to fill that time

aren’t those where you horse trade promotions, bonus dollars and who gets let go for “underperforming” with other managers by yelling a lot

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

i honestly have no idea but that sounds right

we have a hiring freeze and a real bad engineering team so if this is some kind of thunderdome to do layoffs i guess it is reasonable

ironically both of my reports turned in their notice already because it sucks here, so i dont even have any dogs in this hunt

would be pretty choice if i got laid off but i'm also down to keep Alexander G Belling it moonshine style

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Exploring the world of bidets today instead of doing work.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Corla Plankun posted:

i honestly have no idea but that sounds right

we have a hiring freeze and a real bad engineering team so if this is some kind of thunderdome to do layoffs i guess it is reasonable

ironically both of my reports turned in their notice already because it sucks here, so i dont even have any dogs in this hunt

would be pretty choice if i got laid off but i'm also down to keep Alexander G Belling it moonshine style

Getting laid off and getting that severance pay is the way to go. Haven't you been job hunting? How has that been going?

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

its been going amazing actually, i got an offer for a really cool company that needs my skills and also is doing something that aligns with my values way better than all the adtech jobs i've had before

one of my direct reports leaves mid-august though so i'm hanging on until then just to simplify their situation and make sure they are 'terminated' fairly (can rehire, etc)

supabump
Feb 8, 2014

I really owe it to my team to finish the project I'm working on but now that I have a new offer in hand I can't make myself give a poo poo. it's actually making me pretty anxious.

anyway today I think I'm going to bake a cake

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i havent done a god drat thing today

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

i havent done a god drat thing today

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

after castigating a user for being annoying, i am back to touching fish

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

i havent done a god drat thing this year

Travv0
Jan 26, 2013

i pretended to work earlier, and i still am

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

pretending? :cawg:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lets keep this party going

Gun Metal Cray
Apr 27, 2005

Pillbug
can't, I'm pretending to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

mid day naps are really great. try it yourself!