Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm glad the menu music is so incredibly dank because I feel like I spend half my time in there tweaking everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i think thisd be my game of the year any year that elden ring hadnt come out, it's hittin the spot for me essentially perfectly

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I'm going to sink 200 hours into this just like i did with elden ring

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fungah! posted:

i think thisd be my game of the year any year that elden ring hadnt come out, it's hittin the spot for me essentially perfectly

I can't say for sure until I beat it but I'm already leaning towards this, which I would never have believed a few months ago

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Fungah! posted:

I’ve been thinking about it all day. it’s so good so far

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol consul K is a real ham.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

only played like an hour and a half so far but lets freakin gooo

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

Fungah! posted:

yeah i thought my non-elden ring goty was gonna be triangle strategy but xc3 owns So Freakin Hard already. ic ant stop playing i have like 24 hours in and im only on chapter 3 lol.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

only played like an hour and a half so far but lets freakin gooo

sick.. nobody knows anything about what's going on so it's perfectly fine to feel lost. just let that poo poo wash over you..

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Fungah! posted:

lmfao godlike av

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Hizke posted:

lmfao godlike av

Lmao

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Hizke posted:

lmfao godlike av

Lol awesome

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Hizke posted:

lmfao godlike av

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hizke posted:

lmfao godlike av

lmao ty

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Hizke posted:

lmfao godlike av

lmao

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Hizke posted:

lmfao godlike av

lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Hizke posted:

lmfao godlike av

YES

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

finally starting this tonight

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the fencer class is loving sick, god drat. plus it has a bleed proc... my autism loves DoT moves

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't wait to unlock more classes, craft more gems and learn more skills.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i keep reading Ribbi Flats the Rabbi Flats. Just got there and now it's on. First properly gigantic area to explore. I love this game

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the fencer class is loving sick, god drat. plus it has a bleed proc... my autism loves DoT moves

it’s my fave so far but lol I’ve only unlocked two others after it. I can’t wait to get them all :D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game is a tough commuting game. Spent my entire trip watching cutscenes Lol.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

the hero system is pretty cool. i think im up to 6 unlocked atm.
just recently unlocked the Full Metal Jaguar class and it Owns and pumps out a ton of damage

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

this is my first xenoblade game, got to chapter 3 on hard mode and i'm enjoying the micromanagement you have to do to stay alive. reminds me of ff12 somewhat.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Cart Mountain posted:

the hero system is pretty cool. i think im up to 6 unlocked atm.
just recently unlocked the Full Metal Jaguar class and it Owns and pumps out a ton of damage

That one is my favorite so far but there are some close contenders. Best quest too

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I'm in like, late (I think) chapter 4 and I'm still getting new mechanics and poo poo is popping off constantly. xenoblade rules

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

French Accent posted:

this is my first xenoblade game, got to chapter 3 on hard mode and i'm enjoying the micromanagement you have to do to stay alive. reminds me of ff12 somewhat.

This series got me interested in trying FF12 again since I didn't like it the first time I played

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The switch version of FFXII is awesome, that's how I first played it and had a blast

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FFXII is great and it's a perfect fit for handheld gaming

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

i initially hated xii when it released but played the remaster a few years back and absolutely loved it.

also drat the last boss of chapter 3 is a menace.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I'm running around in the middle of chapter 3 activating side quests, farming items I missed my first time through the area to make gems, etc. I can't leave a corner of the map unexplored.

They introduce a character in a side quest with a girl yelling "Teach!" and I thought it was supposed to be an affectionate form of "teacher" but no his name is actually Teach.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Uh...remember to sometimes look behind you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxcC7n8ny-Q

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

game’s friggin epic. love how easy it is to retry a fight when u die, i was a lil worried about going hard mode since im an rpg noob but its sick

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

keep thinking of this……

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Standing perfectly still and silent with my nose 0.001mm from the door while Eunie's in the bathroom.
lol

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

keep thinking of this……

lol

Lol

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

game’s friggin epic. love how easy it is to retry a fight when u die, i was a lil worried about going hard mode since im an rpg noob but its sick

one thing that's cool is that even if you don't want to retry, the game will just send you right next to the fight anyways so you can grind a bit or do whatever prep work you need and you can go back quickly. it's great

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Man things really get going once you hit lvl20 and unlock the new slots. I was still getting my rear end kicked by random monsters but now the tables have turned...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

riku's voice is so loving manly and badass lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I dunno about you guys but I always pick the nopon coin reward for overworld conflicts