Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

More levels for New Pokémon Snap, do it GameFreak!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Love to get to Arceus in PLA in another 50 battle spree with only a Hisuian Goodra and winning with the magic of Shelter making every other attack miss so I can whittle down to a win

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

So if I have a Jirachi/Celebi/Victini I've imported from Pokemon Bank well they be eligible or do they need some sort of Gen 8 check?

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Shneak posted:

So if I have a Jirachi/Celebi/Victini I've imported from Pokemon Bank well they be eligible or do they need some sort of Gen 8 check?

There's a guy in the Battle Tower that'll give you the needed mark, in exchange for making you forget all your moves and relearn the SWSH-accepted ones, to reduce proliferation of Roost and Knock Off and whatnot

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Nanigans posted:

Yep. This looks excellent. Thanks!

I just realized I misread the FAQ and it does not have the physical special split.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

EorayMel posted:

Love to get to Arceus in PLA in another 50 battle spree with only a Hisuian Goodra and winning with the magic of Shelter making every other attack miss so I can whittle down to a win

Hisuian Goodra is crazy, if they bring it into Scarlet/Violet with a move half as good as Shelter it will be broken as hell.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
If you see the mark, then it's in the park!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Hisuian Liligant is one boss rear end Pokemon

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Hisuian Goodra and Hisuian Lilligant were the backbone of my team in Legends. Who knew that adding a steel typing and more defense (for Goodra) and adding a fighting type, more moves and a stat redistribution (for Lilligant) would make them so good? Hisuian Lilligant almost feels like a branched evolution like Gallade or Froslass.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I made sure to train my Liligant up in its Attack and Speed effort levels and holy poo poo one Victory Dance is enough to get some ridiculous damage up

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Victory Dance is going to be merged so hard

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Dragon dance for special?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

HootTheOwl posted:

Dragon dance for special?

Regular Lilligant already gets Quiver Dance which does that while also increasing special defense.

Victory Dance's buffs are insane though and I doubt something like it would be included in future games without being nerfed in some capacity.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Zuzie posted:

Regular Lilligant already gets Quiver Dance which does that while also increasing special defense.

Victory Dance's buffs are insane though and I doubt something like it would be included in future games without being nerfed in some capacity.

80% accuracy so it has a 20% chance to fail no matter what

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Zuzie posted:

Make it a Fighting-type Charge, where you boost Defense and your next attack deals double damage?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
victory dance should be buffed but only like 2 pokemon should be allowed to learn it. give it to lopunny so that she can have some of the potential of her mega-form back

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Blaziken386 posted:

victory dance should be buffed but only like 2 pokemon should be allowed to learn it. give it to lopunny so that she can have some of the potential of her mega-form back

Give it to dunsparce and mawile :colbert:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Blaziken386 posted:

Speaking of moves getting your groove back, give it a HP penalty, too.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Bring back mega evolution :(

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

*writing on whiteboard after game freak design team leaves* "Make bad pokemon good"
Game freak when they come back. :hmmyes:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

EorayMel posted:

Oh, wow. Thank you for this cool suggestion! Like Dracovish in Sword/Shield, I dismissed Hisui Goodra as 2grody, but it actually pretty amazing mechanically. For a little added flair even, I brought in a Goomy over from Kalos. Thanks!

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

Bring back mega evolution :(

:haibrow:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Anyone asking to bring back mega evolution is a bad person. It's extremely painful for the pokemon.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Scholtz posted:

Anyone asking to bring back mega evolution is a bad person. It's extremely painful for the pokemon.

According to who?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Mraagvpeine posted:

According to who?

A lot the Pokedex entries for mega evos are hilariously grimdark and horrifying

Mega Scizor posted:

Sun: The excess energy that bathes this Pokémon keeps it in constant danger of overflow. It can't sustain a battle over long periods of time.
Moon: Due to the effects of Mega Evolution, its pincers have taken on a more diabolical form, ripping anything they pinch to shreds.
Ultra Sun: It stores the excess energy from Mega Evolution, so after a long time passes, its body starts to melt.
Ultra Moon: It's better at beating things than grasping them. When it battles for a long time, the weight of its pincers becomes too much to bear.

Mega Houndoom posted:

Ultra Sun: Its red claws and the tips of its tail are melting from high internal temperatures that are painful to Houndoom itself.
Ultra Moon: Houndoom's entire body generates heat when it Mega Evolves. Its fearsome fiery breath turns its opponents to ash.

Mega Tyranitar posted:

Ultra Sun: Due to the colossal power poured into it, this Pokémon's back split right open. Its destructive instincts are the only thing keeping it moving.
Ultra Moon: The effects of Mega Evolution make it more ferocious than ever. It's unclear whether it can even hear its Trainer's orders.

Mega Garchomp posted:

Sun: Excess energy melted its arms and wings, transforming them into giant scythes.
Moon: Its vaunted wings become scythes, sending it mad with rage. It swings its scythes wildly and slices the ground to pieces.
Ultra Sun: Its arms and wings melted into something like scythes. Mad with rage, it rampages on and on.
Ultra Moon: Its disposition is more vicious than before its Mega Evolution. Garchomp carves its opponents up with the scythes on both arms.

Mega Sharpedo posted:

Sun: The spines sprouting from its head are transformed fangs. If they're injured or broken off, the spines will regenerate countless times.
Moon: As a consequence of Mega Evolution, its combative instincts exploded. The yellow marks it bears are scars from a long history of battles.
Ultra Sun: The yellow patterns it bears are old scars. The energy from Mega Evolution runs through them, causing it sharp pain and suffering.
Ultra Moon: The moment it charges into its opponent, sharp spikes pop out of Sharpedo's head, leaving its opponent with deep wounds.

Mega Salamence posted:

Sun: Anyone standing in its path gets sliced right in two, while this Pokémon continues its flight without interruption.
Moon: Mega Evolution fuels its brutality, and it may even turn on the Trainer who raised it. It's been dubbed "the blood-soaked crescent."
Ultra Sun: The stress of its two proud wings becoming misshapen and stuck together because of strong energy makes it go on a rampage.
Ultra Moon: It puts its forelegs inside its shell to streamline itself for flight. Salamence flies at high speeds over all kinds of topographical features.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I'd imagine that if they brought Megas back into the main series, they'd have to give it to all the Pokemon that are included in the game. If Mawile can have its Mega back, then Rayquaza would also get it back.

I think the easier solution would be to just give Mawile a real evolution with a similar stat distribution but a different ability that doesn't make it absurdly broken.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Man, it would really suck if characters were exposed to painful circumstances in these games. Good thing that doesn't normally happen!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
They suffer for my love.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Scholtz posted:

Scholtz posted:

2016 wasn't ready for my visionary ideas :shrug:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
A person can care for the wellbeing of Pokemon while also wanting to gently caress them.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Mega64 posted:

A person can care for the wellbeing of Pokemon while also wanting to gently caress them.

oh word?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
many people are saying this

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Zore posted:

A lot the Pokedex entries for mega evos are hilariously grimdark and horrifying

Yeah but those pokemon are all power bottoms so it works out.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Dienes posted:

Yeah but those pokemon are all power bottoms so it works out.

normal posts, normal thread

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
:yikes:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Welcome, to the POkemon megathread

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice