Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

When I was like 10 I would eat mustard off my plate with a fork, and my dad would eye me and say "Mustard is a CONdiment. You put it ON things."

Now it's 35 years later and on a recent visit I learned that in his latter years he has taken to eating excess BBQ sauce on his plate directly with a fork, so I fixed him with a steely gaze and said "BBQ sauce is a CONdiment. You put it ON things."

It was a long own but a sweet one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I liked the Starlight Coke but I only ever buy soda in those little 8oz cans

:same:

I wish there were more flavors of things in those 8oz cans. It's still a big :lol: that one of those 8oz cans is 49% of my daily sugar intake according to the label

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

empty sea posted:

I ate a lot of mustard sandwiches growing up. Mustard was the one food item my dad wouldn't touch and we always had bread. Syrup sandwiches too, we didn't make pancakes often enough.

A couple days ago, my 5yo daughter asked me for mayo on bread. I stopped dead, like "are you... sure? No lunchmeat, no cheese, you don't want a PBJ, you want... a mayo sandwich?" She responded emphatically in the affirmative, and happily ate a mayonnaise sandwich. I'm glad she ate, at least.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
I'm sorry but your daughter appears to have developed a fault - luckily if you've kept the receipt (you did keep the receipt for something that expensive right?) you should be able to get a warranty replacement no trouble.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

King of Solomon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlhVK-eMPKA
Unfortunately, it is apparently quite good.

Guga Foods just did something similar where he baked a steak in a pan of mayonaise until it got to 125F and then did a quick sear on both sides. He also did ketchup and mustard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aERLsaZVGQ
Mayo was the best result, but all three were OK to pretty good according to tasters.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

King of Solomon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlhVK-eMPKA
Unfortunately, it is apparently quite good.

Seems like the kind of recipe Masaokis would have come up with.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Brawnfire posted:

A couple days ago, my 5yo daughter asked me for mayo on bread. I stopped dead, like "are you... sure? No lunchmeat, no cheese, you don't want a PBJ, you want... a mayo sandwich?" She responded emphatically in the affirmative, and happily ate a mayonnaise sandwich. I'm glad she ate, at least.

At least it wasn't Ranch?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
There isn't any reason to submerge it and waste all that sauce. Just slather it and put it in a ziplock and let is sit on your dashboard for 24hours.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The ol' budget sous vide

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
sun vide

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

To get the correct pronunciation for Sous Vide you need to say "Sweet" like an old times prospector.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

FreudianSlippers posted:

To get the correct pronunciation for Sous Vide you need to say "Sweet" like an old times prospector.

¨Suzie White

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
https://twitter.com/JoyOfPESI/status/1554223400809291776?t=8439bWgVKYYut3ldSfibaw&s=19

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

that looks like a frozen supermarket pizza

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

It's a serving of chicken parm placed gently on top of a normal cheese pizza? That's supposed to shock us? :pastryno:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Scarodactyl posted:

It's a serving of chicken parm placed gently on top of a normal cheese pizza? That's supposed to shock us? :pastryno:

You don't know where Mario's hands have been

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Also they made it out of a famous chicken, probably an Influencer.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

chicken jake paul got cancelled and made into parmo

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

A dark end to Ryhen's World

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Scarodactyl posted:

You missed the spaghetti.

The real problem with it though is that, for a pizza, you want the toppings spread evenly not all dumped in the middle.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Tiggum posted:

That is an essential part of a serving of chicken parm.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Tiggum posted:

The real problem with it though is that, for a pizza, you want the toppings spread evenly not all dumped in the middle.

Yeah, that's the thing. You could make an interesting pizza with those as toppings, but just plopping a whole chicken parm + spaghetti in the middle of one isn't anything. That's just stuff people are going to have to deal with replating themselves before they can even get to a slice.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Scarodactyl posted:

That is an essential part of a serving of chicken parm.

Is this another weird American thing?

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Tiggum posted:

No it's normal.
Edit: one minute of research indicates Australia got chicken parms in the 80s, directly from America, but fries are generally subbed for the spaghetti. While that's fascinating I'd note that most goons are probably older than Australia's history with the dish.

Scarodactyl has a new favorite as of 05:29 on Aug 2, 2022

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
It might make be anti australian but I fucken hate parmies cause its a waste of a perfectly good schnitzel. It's like putting gravy on chips. Ruins the whole experience in every way

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

It might make be anti australian but I fucken hate parmies cause its a waste of a perfectly good schnitzel. It's like putting gravy on chips. Ruins the whole experience in every way

Look at Dr. Wrong opinions over here.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Makes sense, coming from the guy named after the worst bean.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Dareon posted:

Do not blaspheme against the chosen bean of our lord and master Hummus.

KozmoNaut has a new favorite as of 13:51 on Aug 2, 2022

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Captain Hygiene posted:

You don't know where Mario's hands have been
Oh yes I do, I've played the games and watched the documentary!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I actually found that I can just about stomach a parmo as long as it's cold. Cannot deal with it hot, though, might as well just put your head under a raclette machine and pour a bag of breadcrumbs into your gob at the same time.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

might as well just put your head under a raclette machine and pour a bag of breadcrumbs into your gob at the same time.

On my way

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Tiggum posted:

This is a Canadian Chain

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Tiggum posted:

Serving chicken Parmesan/Parmigiana with spaghetti is the norm in North America.

Edit to add: Okay, I did some research, and it seems that the original “alla Parmigiana” of Italy was only eggplant; the veal or chicken variant was developed in the US and Canada by emigres from Italy in the early 20th century, along with the custom of serving it with or over pasta. The UK/Australia/New Zealand “parmo” with chips/fries seems to have come along later in the 20th century, as did the Argentinian (chips/fries or salad on the side) and Brazilian (white rice on the side) takes.

AlbieQuirky has a new favorite as of 21:15 on Aug 2, 2022

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dareon posted:

What the gently caress

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Shots fired.

The bean fandom takes no hostages.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

What's the difference between a garbanzo and a chickpea?

Nothing, they both suck :iceburn:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

ice bean

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i still have too many beans. i had to buy a big plastic box to put them in. might have to start mailing them to random people.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Anyone who dislikes chickpeas does not know how to make a curry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Kyte posted:

Anyone who dislikes chickpeas does not know how to make a curry.

or hummus