Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

no ring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
just awful trigger discipline.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

RandolphCarter posted:

ash vs evil dead

I only watched the first season, 6 episodes of absolutely fantastic horror/comedy stretched over 12 episodes. Kinda disappointing but certainly still worth checking out for dead heads

Terrible decision to finally show what the Pursuing Force looks like a cloud of green fog get the gently caress outta here

Edit:

mastershakeman posted:

hey what ever happened to michael fassbender , i feel like he was a big star and just suddenly disappeared 5 years ago or so

While he's obviously too handsome to get fully metoo'd, a couple of years back more than one ex alleged he's a Mel Gibson-esque partner, just a really abusive drunk. So maybe he's laying low and working less, but that could easily just be timing and a bunch of projects will drop at once.

Blood Boils has issued a correction as of 20:54 on Aug 2, 2022

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

this whole lockheed/YA author saga calls for an update of "who killed davey moore" along the lines of "who made the weapons of war"

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
TIL the Ernest actor died in 2001 and his last role credited is as the voice of Jebidiah "Cookie" Farnsworth in the straight to video Atlantis: The Lost Empire

despite never having seen an Ernest movie and having no sentimental attachment to it beyond "those movies my dad always said were too dumb to contemplate", learning all this has made me sad and left an Ernest shaped hole in my heart

FFS give the dude a bone and let his last entry be a voice credit in a MacBeth video game or some poo poo

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

this whole lockheed/YA author saga calls for an update of "who killed davey moore" along the lines of "who made the weapons of war"

is this a saga now? i thought it was just a dumb thing about one twitter person

now libs hating their husbands thats a saga

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Cabbages and Kings posted:

TIL the Ernest actor died in 2001 and his last role credited is as the voice of Jebidiah "Cookie" Farnsworth in the straight to video Atlantis: The Lost Empire

despite never having seen an Ernest movie and having no sentimental attachment to it beyond "those movies my dad always said were too dumb to contemplate", learning all this has made me sad and left an Ernest shaped hole in my heart

FFS give the dude a bone and let his last entry be a voice credit in a MacBeth video game or some poo poo

jim varney was a legend

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Some Guy TT posted:

oh yeah, its gone full blown insanity with some absolutely all timer takes flying around. saw someone say earlier today that nuclear Armageddon is an acceptable price for ensuring American trans people are able to live a comfortable middle class life, and several people saying variations on “people outside the imperial core are not real humans, just abstracted presences,” and also multiple people putting themselves as having cushy MIC positions in some sort of hosed up lib solidarity

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Some Guy TT posted:

now libs hating their husbands thats a saga

lot of libs coming out of the woodwork to support their lockheed comrade by saying they too worked for a weapons contractor or related MIC industry in a whole j'accuse! kinda way

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

lot of libs coming out of the woodwork to support their lockheed comrade by saying they too worked for a weapons contractor or related MIC industry in a whole j'accuse! kinda way

lmfao

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
there are so many of them. it's like fuckin spartacus over there.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheWrap/status/1554563596440539137?s=20&t=UiPpnptBwVJFKBU8e124RA

$90 million budget

starring JK Simmons, Michael Keaton, Brendan Fraser

not even good enough to get uploaded to HBO Max

…I really want to see it. it must be so apocalyptically bad

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

indigi posted:

https://twitter.com/TheWrap/status/1554563596440539137?s=20&t=UiPpnptBwVJFKBU8e124RA

$90 million budget

holy moly. a studio just eating close to a 100mil loss sounds almost unheard of. has that happened before?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
twitter libs: this is proof of misogyny. its because men HATE women.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
surely they could recoup something by aiming for the "so bad its good" demo or something, that's crazy.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Xaris posted:

holy moly. a studio just eating close to a 100mil loss sounds almost unheard of. has that happened before?

The Producers

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

uber_stoat posted:

surely they could recoup something by aiming for the "so bad its good" demo or something, that's crazy.
it has to be insanely bad that they ran the numbers and figured the damage it would do to the DC cinematic universe brand and loss of future revenue on other dccu movies would be worse than releasing it even to the "so bad it's good" crowd. and that's a low bar considering DC slop.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

twitter libs: this is proof of misogyny. its because men HATE women.

I assume the Batgirl actress declined a coercive rape from some exec and will now never get her big break

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Lol they still haven't canceled the flash movie

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Xaris posted:

could be some hair brained PR strategy to get them to release it and get people to watch it? i bet it'll come out

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Mameluke posted:

I assume the Batgirl actress declined a coercive rape from some exec and will now never get her big break

yeah this is what I’m thinking. they wouldn’t be shitcanning the movie if it was just bad, even absolutely atrocious poo poo gets a release just to recoup some sort of cash. there’s something else going on here, some kind of internal drama or studio infighting

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

it has to be an incomprehensible narrative, like they didn’t realize the shooting script was missing key scenes or had contradictory story points and they’d have to completely rework and reshoot the last third of the movie.

the only reason I can think of to eat the entire loss is if they don’t actually have a movie, they have a bunch of scenes that don’t make sense sequentially

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

indigi posted:

$90 million budget

The new guy in charge is insane lol

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

indigi posted:

$90 million budget

I need to see this trashfire

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
They shithoused the scoob! Sequel that was already completed. Another $40 million.

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/scoob-sequel-warner-bros-discovery-shelved-hbo-max/

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Maybe it's just mediocre and they're trying to build buzz for the eventual sarcastic petitions to release it

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Scoob was their attempt to do a Hanna-Barbera cinematic universe so it is funny to me that its ultimate fate is getting a finished sequel that they don't wanna release.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Srice posted:

Scoob was their attempt to do a Hanna-Barbera cinematic universe so it is funny to me that its ultimate fate is getting a finished sequel that they don't wanna release.

Now we'll never learn why Droopy Dog was so depressed

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

A family member has just gone through major surgery and needs recs on things to watch, they enjoy Netflix Korean crime dramas like Sisyphus, Mr. Sunshine, and Life. I've never watched these, does anyone have any advice?

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Srice posted:

josie and the pussycats is the superior hanna-barbera cinematic universe movie anyway

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

A family member has just gone through major surgery and needs recs on things to watch, they enjoy Netflix Korean crime dramas like Sisyphus, Mr. Sunshine, and Life. I've never watched these, does anyone have any advice?

josie and the pussycats

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

The man from nowhere, no tears for the dead, yellow sea, villainess, witch part 1 (and maybe 2 , haven't seen), confidential assignment, jsa

Maybe space sweepers

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 01:02 on Aug 3, 2022

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Extracurricular is good

If they like supernatural/horror, All of Us Are Dead is great

And not Korean (but Japanese and also super good) is Alice in Borderland

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

my name is very gangster just dont forget to turn off that godawful english dub

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

My extremely Boomer dad loved Vincenzo despite being otherwise totally averse to any shows with subtitles, though I haven't seen it myself https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincenzo_(TV_series)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

vincenzo is half serious mob drama and half korean slapstick nonsense dunno if thats better or worse

if were willing to go that far off concept itaewon class might be worthwhile as a mostly serious story about a restaurant entrepreneur in seouls main ethnic neighborhood

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Release the Batgirl cut

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Aglet56 posted:

the postal service is a classic in the category of one-LP bands. frankly, it's kind of shocking that they haven't made a 15-years-late follow up LP that's mediocre to terrible (looking at you, pixies and my bloody valentine)

i will say that ben gibbard's influence is barely felt in modern pop music. it's crazy today to imagine sad white boy acoustic songs getting the numbers that death cab did back in the day. late 2010s-2020s hits were almost all r&b and rap and it wound up kind of sidelining that whole indie/folk/emo subculture

I mean, it wasn't sidelined, it just doesn't do stadium shows. Seems to fit the indie vibe anyway, who wants to be mainstream.

Plus that energy went to sad white girl songs instead. Lots of that came out in the 2010s and it's super good and some my favorite stuff.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I think the newest album I own is on the line by Jenny Lewis, pretty good

e: nope, it’s anime trauma and divorce by open mike eagle

RandolphCarter has issued a correction as of 01:39 on Aug 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

As one of those "rockists" I can say that the vast, vast majority of music I get these days, music that is New To Me, is at least ten years old and usually much older