Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

On the plus side, 9(!!) legendaires in 105 packs, including a bunch of playables :feelsgood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
denathrius druid predictably feels like a guaranteed win against slow decks (unless they have brann + mutanus), but folds to imp warlock

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Warlock imps are disgusting, even with just the recipe deck.

Pity timered out on my bundle + gold packs :(

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
Pelagos is a powerhouse if I get him out early... good lord!

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Crafted the imp deck. I hope it's good as I really like seeing Warlock back to a minion based board. I went 2=0 but that's meaningless today.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Scholtz posted:

This wasn't successful (obviously) but it was really funny

lmao it worked

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Also lol: after not logging in for 2 days to min/max the monthly rewards, my free epic was from Barrens.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
You can click packs while holding space too. The quickest way ends up being hold space to open, click and tap space until the last card then hold.

.... better to just tape it down, eh?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
36 Packs, one Legendary, four Epics.

I feel very hard done by.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
I got a legendary in my 5 gold packs, that is as far as my luck went

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Hmm, seems to be a bug with Murloc Holmes, if you play him and then let the rope burn while choosing the clues it never actually ends the turn. An opponent has just done it to me. As someone who has worked in QA, I usually give the benefit of the doubt on testing poo poo but I'd definitely have caught that.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Aug 3, 2022

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Preliminary report is that Priest feels pretty lovely to play. Again.

edit: well OK so you can do some funny poo poo with Partner in Crime, still don't think it'll be competitive with the real decks though.

orangelex44 fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Aug 2, 2022

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.
Got new Kael'thas and Topior from my packs with gold, so I've been trying out Denathrius druid. Seems pretty strong although I'm guessing once I start playing ladder he'll get eaten by Mutanus every game since once you play Coldtooth mine the opponent knows that he's in your hand.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Be sure to check your offers - there's a 2x Legendary + 20 packs (10 Standard/10 MCN) for $19.99 one, and that's kind of a no-brainer if you have :20bux: to burn as stats favor 1:20 for pack openings and two guaranteed legendaries can be kind of seen as 40-80 packs' worth of random chances for a sure thing.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Wildseed hunter is pretty good, if a bit high-rolly.

Warlock imp deck is really drat good but it needs some sort of refinement that I can't quite put my finger on.

I love love love the skeleton mage deck but Its not top tier or anything. I see it getting tightened up though. Deck I'm running is a little greedy and I think something more focused will do better.

I messed around with an evolve shaman/murloc deck I threw together and it's doing really well.

(Also opened about 200 packs between the big preorder bundle and gold and got the whole set...yay I guess.)

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Heh heh, first time playing Murloc Holmes I got all the clues right :hehe:

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

AnacondaHL posted:

On the plus side, 9(!!) legendaires in 105 packs, including a bunch of playables :feelsgood:

absolutely disgusting...

looks like some goons rolled high though, congrats to those that got good packs (legendaries).

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I feel like I got something like 6 legendaries in 85 packs, felt great!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Yeah, this can't be intended. Not sure what my opponent was doing, but I shouldn't be able to see what card he had in his hand lmao

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Kryxis, Stewart, Pelagos, and Halkias from my various packs and free legendaries. Okay haul in terms of the number, not amazing in terms of the results.

Definitely going to try a Silver Hand deck either in Standard or Wild.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Are demons imps in warlock decks? Playing an imp deck and some of them are and some of them are not. Wonder if it's a bug or something.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Skeleton Mirror is the dumbest poo poo.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Mayveena posted:

Are demons imps in warlock decks? Playing an imp deck and some of them are and some of them are not. Wonder if it's a bug or something.

Does it have Imp in the name? Then it's an imp. If not, it isn't. It's like how Onyxia is immune when you control anything with Whelp in the name.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
No, there are some Imps that don't have Imp in the name.

https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/Imp

I think the only relevant one in standard RN is Fiend from Dark Alley Pact (Rafaam will copy with the stats it was summoned with). Maybe you'll see Tiny Knight of Evil if someone is really into it.

Quotey fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 3, 2022

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Beat a very confused druid by playing Alibi the turn before he dropped Brann and Denathrius. Then got to play my Brann and Kel'thuzud and blew up like 20 skeletons.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Firebert posted:

Yeah, this can't be intended. Not sure what my opponent was doing, but I shouldn't be able to see what card he had in his hand lmao

Discarded cards are public info so this feels like how it should work to me

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Wild Thief Priest is legit hilarious with the addition of the new cards. Love it.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Does it have Imp in the name? Then it's an imp. If not, it isn't. It's like how Onyxia is immune when you control anything with Whelp in the name.

Yeah, no. There are some demons who respond to imp cards and some that don't. I paid attention the next game I played. This seems super crazy to me, but I guess that's what they wanted.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

Mayveena posted:

Yeah, no. There are some demons who respond to imp cards and some that don't. I paid attention the next game I played. This seems super crazy to me, but I guess that's what they wanted.

Did the wiki link not answer your question? which part are you confused on?

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
The demon Dark Alley Pact summons is counting as an imp. There's a deck floating around that uses this. It would be terrible otherwise.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Quotey posted:

No, there are some Imps that don't have Imp in the name.

https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/Imp

I think the only relevant one in standard RN is Fiend from Dark Alley Pact (Rafaam will copy with the stats it was summoned with). Maybe you'll see Tiny Knight of Evil if someone is really into it.

Huh. Lesson learned, I guess.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
I rogue secret sacked my opponent's Kel'Thuzad. They said "thanks" and I knew immediately it did not do what I thought it did.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
I just used someone's Havester of Envy to steal their Harvester of Envy and their Kazakus.

I feel for my fun deck brother,

But LOL. THEOTAR IS THE ONLY DAY 1 CRAFT

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
I have a monstrosity of a mage deck with denathrius/kelthuzad/mordresh as finishers in the kael/brann combo. I think it is objectively worse than just a regular skeleton deck but just try stealing my win condition now!

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Someone lost a good warlock deck and a synopsis of how to use it pwease

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Pure Paladin looks good early, you can just rack up so much stats.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Disargeria posted:

Did the wiki link not answer your question? which part are you confused on?

I have to play the deck with the wiki open? Seriously? Or memorize which is which? I disagree. The game should tell you which is which or even better every demon should be an imp.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Mayveena posted:

I have to play the deck with the wiki open? Seriously? Or memorize which is which? I disagree. The game should tell you which is which or even better every demon should be an imp.

The imps look like imps.

edit: Ok I did go through the list and it's possible I would not have identified Ring Matron as an imp. The rest of the ones without "imp" in the name are kind of no-brainers though

goferchan fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Aug 3, 2022

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Piggy Smalls posted:

Someone lost a good warlock deck and a synopsis of how to use it pwease

I’m running the one from VS ### Imp Warlock
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 2x (1) Flustered Librarian
# 2x (1) Voidwalker
# 2x (1) Wicked Shipment
# 2x (2) Bloodbound Imp
# 2x (2) Imp Swarm (Rank 1)
# 2x (2) Impending Catastrophe
# 2x (2) Vile Library
# 2x (3) Fiendish Circle
# 2x (3) Imp Gang Boss
# 2x (3) Piggyback Imp
# 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
# 2x (4) Demonic Assault
# 2x (4) Mischievous Imp
# 2x (5) Shady Bartender
# 1x (6) Imp King Rafaam
#
AAECAcn1AgLHsgSb5AQO9O0D/foD//oDgfsDxYAEqZEEhKAE5qAE+dME+tME/9kEgNoEgdoEq+oEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

What you’re generally looking for is ways to put a lot of imps down and then kill them off to run your infuse cards. There could be more to it than that but that’s what I’ve seen so far in this first day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

goferchan posted:

The imps look like imps.

What do imps look like? 😀 What I have found out is that Voidwalkers are not imps. In that deck those are the only demons that aren’t imps.