Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Suneater is already a cannibal. He took a bite of crystal man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I wonder if Suneater could eat a fossil? Also, the animals he eats don't seem to necessarily scale accurately, so maybe he could eat something like a tardigrade as a defensive form.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Consume the dino bones.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Annointed posted:

Consume the dino bones.

I would forgive a lot if Sun Eater turns into a dinosaur and just starts wrecking poo poo.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

He alone can solve the mystery of feathers or no feathers.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Read the new chapter. I'm feeling really disappointed that Shigaraki and AFO are being treated as the same person, and it's suddenly Shiggy's kid self that needs to be saved now.

Also kinda lame that Tamaki's big powerstack is a big sentai laser cannon rather than his own conglomerate beast transformation.

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Aug 2, 2022

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, I really thought for a moment that we would have two freaky, mutated abominations duking it out and got hype. Instead Suneater just created a big fleshy cannon? Lame

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Dolash posted:

Any ending where Deku gives up One For All to stop All For One would be pretty neat, ending on quirkless Deku being a hero even without the flashy powers. That kinda feels like table stakes, though - Deku was the sort of person willing to sacrifice himself from day one, so it's not like it'd be a hard choice.

Sacrificing his power in order to save the day would be more of a move for Bakugo, moreso than him sacrificing his life - the idea of no longer being the best would fit his arc a little better. Not really a clear way for that to happen, though.

I also think it might lead into Horikoshi's original idea for the series with Deku becoming a hero without powers.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

oh jay posted:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-361/chapter/25049?action=read
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1013466

Next thing you know Tomura will be saying he actually has a super hot girlfriend, but you've never met her because she goes to a different school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWnD1YBPhNU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Delphisage posted:

Also kinda lame that Tamaki's big powerstack is a giant sentai laser cannon rather than his own conglomerate beast transformation.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Yeah, I really thought for a moment that we would have two freaky, mutated abominations duking it out and got hype. Instead Suneater just created a big fleshy cannon? Lame

it's taken us 300 chapters but we finally get the reveal that this is also a Monster Hunter universe

QUIRK ANIMALS

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Azubah posted:

Stain was pretty close.

I wonder what Stain is doing right now.

GruntMountain
Jul 17, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Waiting out the conflict so he can beat up the winner

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Wishing that Dabi had done more.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

If he shows up anywhere in proximity to Iida and the narrative pretends that Stain is being a good boy right now and heroes should forgive people or something to that effect, I'm gonna screech. Not only should Iida not forgive him, but the first thing he should do upon seeing Stain is roundhouse kick him into the sun.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

gotta hand it to horikoshi. had a lot of thoughts coming out of 361 about how this might play out but in absolutely no way was i expecting the spoiler circulating twitter.

e: whoops dropped actual spoiler per rules

Valentin fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Aug 3, 2022

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't think we're supposed to post spoilers until at least the early translation comes out

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

This chapter sounds stupid.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

RatHat posted:

I don't think we're supposed to post spoilers until at least the early translation comes out

Technically neither me nor Julias are IKs/mods anymore and can't actually enforce it now but generally discussion is real stupid around when people just have word-of-mouth and not even speedscans to rely on.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's gonna get worse because supposedly there's a source at the printer that's getting the whole issue a full week ahead now in very high quality.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Ibblebibble posted:

Technically neither me nor Julias are IKs/mods anymore and can't actually enforce it now but generally discussion is real stupid around when people just have word-of-mouth and not even speedscans to rely on.

I did find it amusing how eager everyone was to just whale on Dabi. It's like the polar opposite of how Twitter and Tumblr behave towards him.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I still find it weird how Twitter and Tumblr are so forgiving of the character who is a remorseless serial killer.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Because if you have a tragic backstory its okay, it's totally not your fault you decided to be a murdering rear end in a top hat.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
he’s brooding, troubled, and hot (often literally)

not much of a riddle

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
He's a dumb failson, an extreme accomplishment considering how much of a failure his dad is

Of course he's beloved

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

not much of a riddle

You don't even need to be all three of those things. Emet Selch was a greasy hobo man and half of FF14 fandom wanted to gently caress him.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I still find it weird how Twitter and Tumblr are so forgiving of the character who is a remorseless serial killer.

Every league of villains character outside of Spinner is one to be fair

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Off the subject, has anyone checked out that baseball themed anime special that came out recently (and if so, how was it)?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Larryb posted:

Off the subject, has anyone checked out that baseball themed anime special that came out recently (and if so, how was it)?

I watched it, though I found it a bit disappointing and dull - didn't feel like they did enough with the premise. It was nice to see some of the supporting cast get focus, but I can't say Gang Orca and the lion guy were really the ones I was most excited to have center stage.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Azubah posted:

Because if you have a tragic backstory its okay, it's totally not your fault you decided to be a murdering rear end in a top hat.

Shinjobi posted:

He's a dumb failson, an extreme accomplishment considering how much of a failure his dad is

Of course he's beloved

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeYIlET3szA

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

not much of a riddle

Shinjobi posted:

Of course he's beloved

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

True, but he had to die, like, two or three times before most of the cast could stand him and then help save the universe from an eldritch horror.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

I can't believe this is happening in a Dabi conversation and not a Bakugo one.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Delphisage posted:

I can't believe this is happening in a Dabi conversation and not a Bakugo one.

Bakugo sometimes wins fights

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Burginator posted:

Bakugo sometimes wins fights

So does Vegeta.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Delphisage posted:

So does Vegeta.

????

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

He beat one of Babadi's minions!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

He killed the little green guy in the Ginyu force I think. And, uh, Android 19?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Vegeta certainly won his fight against that entire village of Namekians

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

He beat one of Babadi's minions!

He also killed Nappa and a few of Freiza’s men during the Saiyan and Namek arcs but that was before he’d officially become a good guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Bakugo has fights???