Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

nine-gear crow posted:

Apparently this particular con is one of those extreme fringe things that normal people in the anime industry and fandom don't want to associate themselves with under any circumstances explicitly because it has a long history of being bound up in gross and criminal sex poo poo.

To the point where the guest of honour for the whole convention was legendary anime convention sex creep and blacklisted voice actor (on account of being a legally proven sex creep) Vig Mignogna. And their B-Tier celebrity guests were a bunch of right wing YouTubers and the lawyer Vic hired to help him try to beat the rap only to wind up losing every single case for him and cost him hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages... you know, for being a sex creep.

It's apparently such a lovely con that they have to pass out their panels because they can't get guests. Vic has a panel all to himself, all 3 nights. They stuck the convention founder on the Guest List to pad it out.

This is from the con a few years back.

https://twitter.com/ronijane123/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

ghosthorse posted:

So turns out the guy running the twitter account highlighting "crazy something awful stories" actively tried to make it a worse place for over a decade. Kinda weird to be so lovely on here and now try to get internet notoriety from the forums.

https://twitter.com/SA__moment/status/1554437627612483584?t=thc4hgvmKIv8Hymt7kAvQg&s=19

I cant stomach an hour of this someone tell me the list of his forums name.

I want to see how I was surely owned by this person.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

ghosthorse posted:

So turns out the guy running the twitter account highlighting "crazy something awful stories" actively tried to make it a worse place for over a decade. Kinda weird to be so lovely on here and now try to get internet notoriety from the forums.

https://twitter.com/SA__moment/status/1554437627612483584?t=thc4hgvmKIv8Hymt7kAvQg&s=19

It's hella weird knowing this person has this really poor SA reputation, because I'm reading through the PYF Little Things in Games thread and I don't remember any of their posts being particularly lovely. :stare: WHAT EVIL LIES BENEATH?!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
My vague recollection is just that they were extremely annoying and posted constantly. Were they the one that always posted unfunny pictures in the funny picture thread and eventually there had to be a rule that they needed to write a full paragraph to explain what about a picture they were posting they found funny?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Baron von Eevl posted:

My vague recollection is just that they were extremely annoying and posted constantly. Were they the one that always posted unfunny pictures in the funny picture thread and eventually there had to be a rule that they needed to write a full paragraph to explain what about a picture they were posting they found funny?

"Extremely annoying and posting constantly" describes like 3/4s of SA though :v:

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

nine-gear crow posted:

"Extremely annoying and posting constantly" describes like 3/4s of SA though :v:

You guys talking about me in here??

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I cant stomach an hour of this someone tell me the list of his forums name.

I want to see how I was surely owned by this person.

Guy Mann/Sleveless/of science

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Baron von Eevl posted:

That was Guy Goodbody who was not a Sleeveless alt afaik.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
https://twitter.com/zachary_allard/status/1553450169882103808

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Time to dust off the ol "I never thought leopards would eat MY face!" memes.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

deeply sighing as I ask everyone to ignore guy mann / sleeveless / of science! / sorting algorithms and his 1-hour image rehabilitation video, for both thread civility purposes and goon self-care

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Spoiler warning: they will get fooled again.

Rhythmancer
Jun 5, 2004
Mr. Saturn

Agents are GO! posted:

Two swords, an animal companion, and a favored enemy?

Well we don't know about the swords or the favored enemy, but we do know he went with a skwirl. So probably.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

McCracAttack posted:

Time to dust off the ol "I never thought leopards would eat MY face!" memes.

One from the comments I hadn't seen before

https://twitter.com/InOranetc/status/1553787528926339072?s=09

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

burexas.irom posted:

Watching a guy that was this big a piece of poo poo for so long turn it around actually makes me hopeful, so I guess probably i'm the idiot on social media.

Every troll that remains on this forum is now officially more pathetic than Sleeveless.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Rhythmancer posted:

Well we don't know about the swords or the favored enemy, but we do know he went with a skwirl. So probably.

:hmmyes:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

How long ago was the last Guy Mann account active anyway? Doesn't feel like it was that long ago for him to have had a complete change of heart but maybe time has just blended together.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

That's a cheetah :colbert:.

EDIT: Actually, now I look at it I'm not sure. Huh.

Mr. Vile has a new favorite as of 06:00 on Aug 3, 2022

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Mr. Vile posted:

that's clearly a deer, idiot

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

No that's a tweet

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

grittyreboot posted:

No that's a tweet

actually, it's a post

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
A meme, even

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Mr. Vile posted:

It doesn’t have the characteristic malar stripes, it’s a leopard

:colbert: :colbert:

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

Scientastic posted:

It doesn’t have the characteristic malar stripes, it’s a leopard

:colbert: :colbert:

Yeah I'm pretty sure I was wrong now I look at it.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Let's just call it a cheopard and move on

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Cheetas have sweet punk hair, thats a leopard.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

"nacho cheese" flavoured doritos brand corn chips

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

Mr. Vile posted:

Real quick: Cheetahs just have spots. Leopards (like the one in the picture) have rosettes. Jaguars have larger rosettes with black spots inside the brown part of the rosette.

Have some benign Instagram idiocy:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

How long ago was the last Guy Mann account active anyway? Doesn't feel like it was that long ago for him to have had a complete change of heart but maybe time has just blended together.

It was a fair while ago, and according to him he'd been aware of the problem and trying to turn it around before that. I dunno, sounds plausible, but maybe I'm just a soft touch.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

*Looks up from covering self in fresh layer of manure*

'Ohhhhhh, try and smell nice'

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

RoeCocoa posted:

Real quick: Cheetahs just have spots. Leopards (like the one in the picture) have rosettes. Jaguars have larger rosettes with black spots inside the brown part of the rosette.

If your Cheetos have spots they've probably gone bad and you should throw them out.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

RoeCocoa posted:

Have some benign Instagram idiocy:

I think that one about dreams is close enough to true for government work.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Psychology FACT:
your crush texts you, copy link 3x to claim

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Two people staring at each other forever because neither finds the other attractive.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

nine-gear crow posted:

Spoiler warning: they will get fooled again.
Yeah.

burexas.irom posted:

Let's just call it a cheopard and move on
That's cheetin'

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

hooman posted:

Two people staring at each other forever because neither finds the other attractive.

I don't know about that but it sure explains why everyone stares at me in public all the time

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016
Did someone break eye contact with her?

https://twitter.com/meghaverma_art/status/1554404334644895744?s=21&t=sX5N0DCHwVI_NK-5ziding

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
People grow apart from each other, Megha, and choose single happiness over coupled resentment.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Philippe posted:

People grow apart from each other, Megha, and choose single happiness over coupled resentment.

well they shouldn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

She seems normal!