Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Bleck posted:

They should make a game that's like BotW except your goal is to take pictures of cool animals and instead of walking around and killing monsters I am instead friends with all the monsters and they tell me where the cool animals are and how to lure them into good spots for photos. Hire me, Nintendo.

Have you played Alba: A Wildlife Adventure? It's a wildlife photography game.

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/alba-a-wildlife-adventure-switch/

It's also currently on sale for like $6 on PSN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Read After Burning posted:

Have you played Alba: A Wildlife Adventure? It's a wildlife photography game.

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/alba-a-wildlife-adventure-switch/

It's also currently on sale for like $6 on PSN.

I played it on Apple arcade cause i had a free month with my iPad. It was alright for an adventure game.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Thanks for the Broforce recommendations earlier. I got that, Crawl, and Overcooked in the multiplayer sale.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

anime is cool. It has given us Princess Mononoke and Nier Automata and Goku

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I'm kinda glad my first console was a NES because I saw this stuff evolve instead of like, played one genre with already agreed on standards 20 times in a row

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Also if you kept up wi†h handhelds those were basically always a gen or two behind for a while, so Doom 3 could be on PC but you were still playing a 2D visual novel with no voice acting on the DS. It's a biiit different now with handhelds being the main way to play any Nintendo game so they have this weird hybrid, but I also think they couldn't have merged the two lines much earlier than they have now because of this

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Why is my eshop wishlist different on my phone than on the actual console? (or rather, why do i need to add games both places?)

When i try to buy a game with my phone i just get 9001-1670 Content Unavailable error message, but i can then immediately go and buy it using the console.

Are both of these issues related to my country not having an eshop? (Then why can i use the eshop on the console?)

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

xb2 is genuinely one of the worst games i've ever played. i cannot get into the minds of people who enjoy it. more power to you

Ineptitude posted:

Why is my eshop wishlist different on my phone than on the actual console? (or rather, why do i need to add games both places?)

When i try to buy a game with my phone i just get 9001-1670 Content Unavailable error message, but i can then immediately go and buy it using the console.

Are both of these issues related to my country not having an eshop? (Then why can i use the eshop on the console?)

The eshop on the console is set to whatever region you tell it to be. I live in Kuwait and I use the US eshop. Last gen I used to buy points cards to do it, now they straight up take Kuwaiti credit cards so I just buy stuff on Switch as if it is native in-app.

I have to do this for MS + Sony as well. A lot of them when I open in a browser here default to the KW shop, which is either ridiculously bad (no gamepass for MS, expensive games with loads of them never coming out in KW) or in the case of the eShop straight up is not an option to select.

I do get funny looks when I tell people like, 10 years younger than me I do this though because they just grew up with the local store as the default option

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Ineptitude posted:

Can't speak to the wishlist issue but it's definitely why you can't buy things through a browser but can on the device itself. Who knows why Nintendo considers it more secure that you're using a console to initiate a purchase than using a web browser, but they do. They'll basically just block every purchase attempted on a browser if you're not in the same country as the eShop you're trying to make the purchase in. But on the machine itself, no problem as long as your payment method is accepted or you have store credit. I also live in a non-eShop country, fwiw.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

This is a bad trailer for pokemon

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Ouch, feel bad for people who were hoping for a big shake up. You got pokemon with different crystal hats...

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Idk I don’t play Pokémon but being able to change your pokemon’s type mid battle and also have that type be hidden until you change seems like a pretty big strategic shakeup.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Im not gonna buy the new game, but direct watchers tell me if conquest 2 or a new mystery dungeon gets announced, thanks

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Made it to the last part of the Skyward Sword. After a few attempts, time to look up the ending on You Tube and put the thing down forever.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm not super into pokemon but being open worldy enough that they give you a pokemon with botw link's whole exploratory moveset feels like a change.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

mandatory lesbian posted:

Im not gonna buy the new game, but direct watchers tell me if conquest 2 or a new mystery dungeon gets announced, thanks

neither

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Motto posted:

I'm not super into pokemon but being open worldy enough that they give you a pokemon with botw link's whole exploratory moveset feels like a change.

ya, plus you can tackle the gyms in any order. It's a shakeup, if not a massive one

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

No for both, but Mewtwo is coming to Pokemon Cafe, he likes small plate sizes, so you better get ready!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Am I seeing correctly that Scarlet/Violet gives you a motorcycle pokemon that can also climb rock faces and glide

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

The greatest sin of Pokemon mobile games is they killed pretty much every classic spinoff game, we've got only Snap, Pokken port and a Mystery Dungeon remake ever since Go released.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

What pokemon spinoffs are we missing out on? I don't think they were planning to make a new puzzle league

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

PowerBeard posted:

No for both, but Mewtwo is coming to Pokemon Cafe, he likes small plate sizes, so you better get ready!

finally

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

flavor.flv posted:

What pokemon spinoffs are we missing out on? I don't think they were planning to make a new puzzle league
Pinball.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

flavor.flv posted:

Pokepark 3

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it's weird that there hasn't been a puzzle league/pdp game at all on Switch unless you count the original Panel de Pon on the SNES app

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

You also get Pokemon Puzzle League if we're counting NSO offerings

But yeah that would be a day 1 purchase even if it was just a lousy port of Planet Puzzle League

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hey, in the Wii Shop Wednesday video from Nirvana the Band The Show, why does he sing "League Puzzle Pokemon"? That's.... backwards, isn't it?

For reference (also, happy, Wii Shop Wednesday!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_qnI1WrlnU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Because it fits the cadence of the joke better OP.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

We already got that one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%E9mon_Pinball

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It was dead long before smartphones, but I would have loved a brand new single player Pokemon TCG like the one for GBC. Yeah, yeah, I am aware of the PC game, that's not what I want.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

It was dead long before smartphones, but I would have loved a brand new single player Pokemon TCG like the one for GBC. Yeah, yeah, I am aware of the PC game, that's not what I want.

There was actually a GBC sequel made for that game but it was never released in the west for some reason (I believe a fully translated rom exists though)

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Detective No. 27 posted:

lol sounds like effort, you aren't getting that from gamefreak and if you do, it will somehow be 1 step forward and 3 steps back from the quality of the GBC game.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm honestly a bit down on having the Legendaries be your transport pokemon for this. A big part of the games is building your own party and the sheer variety of Pokemon to choose from, and just being partnered with a fixed Legendary for what's gonna be most of your passive gameplay while traveling the world seems like a poor choice to me (And you can see the problem in the multiplayer shots - You can have Dragon Bike A, or Dragon Bike B, and that's it with no personalization).

It's cool, I'm not denying that (and getting Violet for the sci-fi robot dragon myself), it just feels a bit.... thematically off to me, if that makes sense? I think it would've been more interesting if it was maybe your starter pokemon's third stage form, or just divvying it up to various rental pokemon for individual movement types like in prior games for variety.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Just think of it as the bicycle from previous games.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Forget Pokemon, here's Rune Factory 6.

https://square-enix-games.com/en_GB/news/fresh-look-harvestella

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah but can you get gay married

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm honestly a bit down on having the Legendaries be your transport pokemon for this. A big part of the games is building your own party and the sheer variety of Pokemon to choose from, and just being partnered with a fixed Legendary for what's gonna be most of your passive gameplay while traveling the world seems like a poor choice to me (And you can see the problem in the multiplayer shots - You can have Dragon Bike A, or Dragon Bike B, and that's it with no personalization).

It's cool, I'm not denying that (and getting Violet for the sci-fi robot dragon myself), it just feels a bit.... thematically off to me, if that makes sense? I think it would've been more interesting if it was maybe your starter pokemon's third stage form, or just divvying it up to various rental pokemon for individual movement types like in prior games for variety.

They haven't revealed much about the logistics of the legendary yet. It appears to be your HM Bitch. But does it take up a party slot?

Even then, one of those things I always forget bout until I'm actually playing one of the newer Pokemon games is that you can swap Pokemon from your box wherever you are now that they're not constrained to Gameboy era memory limitations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

this looks very good
I hope it's a good game because the newest RF... woof

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Looks more RPG focused than RF, given how they talk about party members and socializing giving combat boosts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What was wrong with RF5 other than how it runs on Switch lol