Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

orange juche posted:

So how did you cheat at tarkov

extensively and often

Ice Fist posted:

Love the new av/red text my dude

i also love the fact that he clipped the av from a meme comic that uses the r slur, implicitly calling me the r slur.

yall truly are fighting the right fight

hailthefish posted:

People just love coming into this thread and making poo poo up, it's great.

i know, people spreading blatant falsehoods are disgusting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

andromache posted:

Finally a cause I can wholeheartedly support.

Do you know who your new AV is?

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Hey I appreciated that post, bbtb. it felt v. genuine and I respect that

I'll msg you later on discord, I wanna clear up a thing w/ ya but don't wanna fill up this thread w/ it

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Hmm, cosmetics. Interesting. How much?

$45? This had better be some really good poo poo, CCP.

...Are you loving kidding me?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

this entire wall of text is just showing standard cosmetic bundles CCP has been releasing for 8 years?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Literally from the second that poo poo first appeared in incarna, the problem with the cosmetics in eve is they cost several times more than they should

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I would absolutely buy ship skins, but the designs I like always seem to dodge the ships I fly.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Worse than usual pricing on that bundle too

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
One thing eve echoes did well was let you paint your own ships to make custom skins.

windex
Aug 2, 2006

One thing living in Japan does is cement the fact that ignoring the opinions of others is a perfectly valid life strategy.

Kaysette posted:

One thing eve echoes did well was let you paint your own ships to make custom skins.

After a 12 year vacation, I actually want this and hate the stupid skin market on eve proper. Anything that looks neat costs 10-100x the hull it's for. :gonk:

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.
Why only fiddling with the color sliders on some skins?

I want to fly a ships that resemble, but are legally distinct from, Mega Maid, or Eagle 5 or a Blackstone Fortress or a Borg cube.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
How penisey can you make the thorax

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Solus posted:

How penisey can you make the thorax

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm an idiot who resubbed

But it's to HONK so it's justified

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

hailthefish posted:

Literally from the second that poo poo first appeared in incarna, the problem with the cosmetics in eve is they cost several times more than they should

CCP is so hyperfocused on whale-hunting with their MTX that they've completely ignored the standard practice for F2P MTX is to price most things at beer/coffee money levels.

my brother in cripes the post is mostly images. you should upgrade from that 56k modem.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

God I just remembered the whole $1000 jeans thing and got mad again

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
who on earth would pay real dollars for clothes on avatars you never see

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

dragonshardz posted:

CCP is so hyperfocused on whale-hunting with their MTX that they've completely ignored the standard practice for F2P MTX is to price most things at beer/coffee money levels.

It doesn't feel like there's much point in trying to tell CCP either, they seem hellbent on doing dumb, counter-productive poo poo.

I would have been willing to pay a lot more for proper alliance skins too, but that's probably never happening :smith:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

andromache posted:

Subdirector is GSOL slang for dude who has been space trucking long enough to be trusted with some more complicated/riskier tasks.

They arent in illum and no one outside of GSOL really knows/cares who they are.

Guy is an older Eastern European who escaped from ~the commies~ (Ie trauma) and has some of that Clint Eastwood old man fear that the kids are going to make the country communist liberal pussies.

So he has on three occasions donned his old eastern euro track suit and raged war on the libs (two corp mails and his epic SA post where he demanded yall apologize to him (come on guys, that poo poo was funny)).

He was told in no uncertain terms to muzzle his poo poo or hed be removed and afaik he has done so.

Main thing to take away here is yall arent the only ones with traumatic experiences shaping your world view so maybe chill a bit on the whole everyone who disagrees with me is a piece of poo poo.

lol

paul harris
Oct 22, 2020
The word “doxing” is derived from the term “dropping documents.” Doxing is a form of cyberbullying that uses sensitive or secret information, statements, or records for the harassment, exposure, or other exploitation of targeted individuals.

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

yall truly are fighting the right fight

who is "yall"?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

stop posting right after each other this is illegal avatar similarity

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

stop posting right after each other this is illegal avatar similarity

The joke's on you for enabling avatars tbh :sun:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I don't actually know where the pusheen avatars even came from so it's doubly bizarre

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Pusheen is pretty great.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I'm just laughing at how much the loving EVE drama parallelled Archeage poo poo back in the day.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Wibla posted:

The joke's on you for enabling avatars tbh :sun:

if you dont have avatars enabled you're not a person

paul harris
Oct 22, 2020
The word “doxing” is derived from the term “dropping documents.” Doxing is a form of cyberbullying that uses sensitive or secret information, statements, or records for the harassment, exposure, or other exploitation of targeted individuals.

dragonshardz posted:

my brother in cripes the post is mostly images. you should upgrade from that 56k modem.

thats not a bad price compared to other free to play games and they need to make money somehow. plu its an optional purchase. nobody is making you spend the money if you can't afford it. without this sort of thing, you'd have less staff and less resources to put towards making exciting and new content. why would you want to not have the game succeed?

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

Bigbillthaboss posted:

oh absolutely - I was just hyperfocused on the fact that it had 3 XL ASBs

I hosed around with the fit a bit but having active shield so dependent on booster charges is spooky to me, also resists are gimped:

[Vargur, BigBillthaBad]
Dread Guristas Co-Processor
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Syndicate Damage Control
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Dread Guristas Co-Processor

X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster
Dark Blood Warp Disruptor
Shadow Serpentis Heavy Stasis Grappler
Dark Blood Heavy Capacitor Booster

Dual 650mm Repeating Cannon II
Dark Blood Heavy Energy Neutralizer
Corpum C-Type Medium Energy Neutralizer
Dark Blood Large EMP Smartbomb
Bastion Module I

Large Projectile Metastasis Adjuster II
Large Projectile Ambit Extension II

Warrior II x15

Navy Cap Booster 400 x90
Republic Fleet EMP L x1280
Barrage L x1280
Hail L x640
Republic Fleet Titanium Sabot L x640
Navy Cap Booster 3200 x4
Agency 'Pyrolancea' DB9 Dose IV x1
Strong Blue Pill Booster x1
Improved Frentix Booster x1
Improved Drop Booster x1

I was shooting a bait praxis with a huge tank in high sec. with 3 battleships.
They just brought in extra cap boosters with a hauler for it. Pretty smart move I thought.

Works only in high sec of course.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

It would be better for the health of the game and the wealth of the devs to get 100 players to buy something for $10 each than 10 players to buy something for $50 each.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Mr. Grinch posted:

who on earth would pay real dollars for clothes on avatars you never see

Horse Armor for Oblivion is, like, Bethesda's best selling DLC?

hailthefish posted:

It would be better for the health of the game and the wealth of the devs to get 100 players to buy something for $10 each than 10 players to buy something for $50 each.

World of [Thing], Star Citizen, and half of EA's catalogue beg to differ because they don't care about the game: just the bottom line...and it's all about the whales. But a more apt analogy is probably like the joke tiers of Patreon: probably no one will buy the $1000/month premium package but if they do :homebrew:.

And that's how you get $100 monocles that, I would wager, have generated a couple grand over the last decade or whatever.

I don't look at avs or usernames just everyone's post so almost everyone is the same person, with a few glaring exceptions, in my mind.
:confuoot:

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

i didnt play Oblivion, do you never see the horses?

your eve avatar could be a stick figure and youd never know

wibla and herstory should get into a several page slapfight imo

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Mr. Grinch posted:

wibla and herstory should get into a several page slapfight imo

I'll pass.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

alright well lets wait and see what Wibla has to say about it

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

You actually can see your whole eve char's body now, but I don't think anyone else can.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

paul harris posted:

thats not a bad price compared to other free to play games and they need to make money somehow. plu its an optional purchase. nobody is making you spend the money if you can't afford it. without this sort of thing, you'd have less staff and less resources to put towards making exciting and new content. why would you want to not have the game succeed?

You do not understand how most games design their MTX. While yes, you do have your Whale Packages - $2000 worth of PLEX! - most people engage with MTX at the level of cost similar to a cup of coffee.

It's simple economy of scale. A thousand people who spend $5 every month is more sustainable and reliable income than one person who spends $1000 once.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

hailthefish posted:

You actually can see your whole eve char's body now, but I don't think anyone else can.

Everyone can see everyone's full body (it's a button below the portrait after clicking their portrait). Not that it changes much.

Aedaxus
Feb 3, 2019

hailthefish posted:

They added this around 2011 and around 2012 there was the green screen background option in settings under Display&graphics - Miscellaneous to activate green screen.
You can click show info on any character, then click on the portrait and then there is a "view full body" button.
Then you do Print Screen (or take a picture with your phone and mail it to yourself) so at that point you can use paint.NET or MS Paint to start being creative with it. The green screen makes it easier/faster to change the background.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

I don't have an avatar and I claim to be a porpoise. So it checks out.

Rojo_Sombrero fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Aug 3, 2022

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

CainFortea posted:

Do you know who your new AV is?

Anders is a shitbird. Really hope the new DA wont suck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

paul harris posted:

Same