Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TRUMO 2024 Greatest Hits Prediction
This poll is closed.
Rolling Stones still on the rally playlist despite 5 more cease n desists 144 17.08%
insanely transphobic rapist billionaire on speed leads nuremburg rallies 214 25.39%
literally he beats his wife lol where's melania?? 114 13.52%
goku 219 25.98%
Trump 152 18.03%
Total: 498 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Alex saying he wanted to shut down infowars 6 years ago but kept falling back into fighting the globalists got a sensible chuckle outta me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Hatebag posted:

Yeah lol

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

What happens to that phone data after the trial?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/KT_So_It_Goes/status/1554884023549304834

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Yeah she made some proclamation that because she has seizures she can give Beyonce permission to use the word spaz in her songs. Bunch of people pointed out how stupid that was and she deleted her account lol

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

petit choux posted:

I bet they will try. What else are they going to do?

The defending lawyer was given the opportunity to claim privilege but failed to do so.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23GdGEzZPvE

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Basebf555 posted:

I work for lawyers and there are definitely lawyers out there who will simply miss every single deadline, it's just how they operate. You'll be working a case against them and they will just never, ever meet a deadline no matter how much it hurts their case or how much it pisses off the judge.

I think it's because a lot of people manage to get through college and law school without basic organizational habits, and then they get a job with a firm that doesn't provide full-time administrative assistant help and they're unable to keep themselves organized.

It’s also commonly because of alcoholism. I’m a CPA and it’s understood that lawyers are the only profession more consistently drunk than we are

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I ANAL, what's to keep Alex Jones from just acting like a stupid rear end in a top hat and getting a mistrial over and over

the fact that the judge has to make that declaration, and this judge is absolutely not going to let these assholes off the hook

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://mobile.twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1554881434480934918

If jones gets hosed because of these texts leaking and he goes to jail I’m gonna celebrate like trump getting COVID

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMJpytDpn0w

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

kaleedity posted:

they peter principled themselves up to that point. even losing whatever case what's it gonna matter

Just depends on what your ambitions are. If you want to become a prominent name and eventually have your own successful firm and all that, you do have to maintain a reputation for not being an embarrassing gently caress-up that all the judges in town make fun of behind closed doors.

But not everyone cares about that, a lot of lawyers definitely just kinda stumbled into it like you said, just "oh well my parents are paying for law school being a lawyer will make them proud so whatever I guess I'll be a lawyer"

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
company that makes 70 million a year sunk by 2 million dollar damage payout

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I've had bad days on my job but I will always be able to find solace in the fact that I've never exposed an entire collection of confidential/criminal information to my opposition

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
https://twitter.com/Quesly2/status/1554866921249550337

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
being a lawyer seems kind of like a hilarious job

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

loaded gun on those things in 2 years

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

RealityWarCriminal posted:

company that makes 70 million a year sunk by 2 million dollar damage payout

wait why'd we call it the 69 million chili again? something about sailors

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Basebf555 posted:

I work for lawyers and there are definitely lawyers out there who will simply miss every single deadline, it's just how they operate. You'll be working a case against them and they will just never, ever meet a deadline no matter how much it hurts their case or how much it pisses off the judge.

I've missed deadlines at work, but never on something regarding compliance or the law. This is incredible

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

So why are people giving infowars $60m/year? He does streaming shows and sells snake oil. How is he getting that much money? I guess he's got advertisers as well but are supplements to make you redder really that profitable?

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

A Bakers Cousin posted:

loaded gun on those things in 2 years

https://i.imgur.com/IMTVyNv.mp4

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hatebag posted:

So why are people giving infowars $60m/year? He does streaming shows and sells snake oil. How is he getting that much money? I guess he's got advertisers as well but are supplements to make you redder really that profitable?

One of the emails they pulled up showed the weird buckets of food he's selling actually have like a 70% profit margin rather than the 20% he was claiming

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

A Bakers Cousin posted:

especially if you loving suck at it

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Hatebag posted:

Everyone wants to be the smartest person in the room, and it's easy to do that if a loud rear end in a top hat is yelling at you telling you that you're smart for listening to him. Not even that you're smart, but righteous because everyone else is evil. I guess once you go there it makes sense to buy his pills, too. It happened to my brother and a good friend of mine.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

I need to find a full copy of the remake

edit: oh it's on vimeo

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

A Bakers Cousin posted:

it's a very official who's line is it anyway gig

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer

Hatebag posted:

when your audience consist solely of rubes though

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

A Bakers Cousin posted:

lawyer friend says it's basically a sales/therapist hybrid job with some annoying paperwork thrown in.

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer
i mean these are the same people that believe alex when he fake cries on air about fish people

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

euphronius posted:

ah we lost another leftist poster with her

it's fine. leftism is a luxury ideology. won't survive in the future.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/oldTrumpTweetz/status/1554885781424152576?t=qRp2DFRIqE9_Wu6seqeAUg&s=19

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Being a judge seems fun. Being a lawyer is endless tedium that makes you crave death

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

mdemone posted:

the fact that the judge has to make that declaration, and this judge is absolutely not going to let these assholes off the hook

narrator voice: unfortunately,

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

lol

need a professional, call nolw!

and if reynal can't get you off, magliolol and hardawayl will take the case

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

One of the emails they pulled up showed the weird buckets of food he's selling actually have like a 70% profit margin rather than the 20% he was claiming

Well that's profit, i thought $60-70m was revenue.
Anyway I looked at the website and a bag of infochow is $47 lol

I guess some people don't have any instinct to be wary of conmen, but that's still like a million people buying stuff from an obvious liar which is bizarre to me but i guess people buy teslas and go to chiropractors so whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1554832224205254657