Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

williams getting a tow off alpine again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Gotta take the piss when you can

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Dictator. posted:

how the gently caress are alpine and alonso gonna ride out the second half of this season? engineers gonna be throwing brie in his engine

Alonso got through the remainder of the 2007 season at McLaren after utterly nuking Ron and McLaren into orbit. The dude literally didn't talk to anyone aside from the mechanics directly working on his car, and even then communication was at an utter minimum. Finishing off the season with Alpine will be a cake walk for Alonso.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I really hope it works out for him or he's going to be humiliated...

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

yeah boy, you double down you harry potter looking pasta eater

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
lol… like he has to be losing it and delusional, right? i say this as someone that wants to see ferrari come back and do well.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Pragmatica posted:

lol… like he has to be losing it and delusional, right? i say this as someone that wants to see ferrari come back and do well.

Ferrari can never fail, they can only be failed by their drivers and fans.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uBi-FWlYuI

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Good for Albon, he's solid and Williams can use solid

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Pragmatica posted:

i say this as someone that wants to see ferrari come back and do well.

sorry to hear you're ill, get well soon op!

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

GramCracker posted:

sorry to hear you're ill, get well soon op!

:lmao:

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

“I can spend almost 5 minutes in the cryochamber at -110.”

:wtc:

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Williams are the butt of so many jokes, I'll let them have this... when someone is more ridiculous than you, you have to capitalize on it.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

someone get these two a podcast, asap

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Ethiser posted:

Name one driver with a faster sector 1 time in Hungary.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Our boat needs absolutely zero changes.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Get this loving idiot and Rueda out of the team. Bring back Maurizio and recall Ruth Buscombe from Hass

Zeta Acosta fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Aug 3, 2022

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Can we get Walter Audisio to visit Maranello and have a sit down with this delusional fuckwad?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Is it too late to change my fandom away from Ferrari?

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Kirios posted:

I’m afraid the condition is quite permanent.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Kirios posted:

I think the rules allow for a transfer to a sister team with a Ferrari PU? thread?

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

No

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I think the head of strategy for Failolarri is a Max fan

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I wasn't really super taken with Ferrari, being new to the sport, but between the last few GPs I consider myself a fan, now. Last year's championship fight was fun, sure, but with Ferrari you can expect something exciting every week.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

iunno I kinda want off this wild ride.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Anime Store Adventure posted:

with Ferrari you can expect something exciting every week.

queue this title up lmao

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
Formula1.com says that Piastri had a clause in his contract that Alpine had to offer him a drive for 2023 or they would lose him, at the same time they were offering Alonso a one year contract extension and Ocon is under contract for multiple years anyway. Of course, Alonso was not happy about a one year extension and that was the main point of contention in the contract negotiation, but for Alpine this was all small beans and clearly Alonso was going to sign any moment now because he would have no other options in F1.

So then Vettel dropped out of Aston Martin, Daddy Stroll waved the new factory and wind tunnel that will come online for 2023 around and offered Alonso a two year contract, and that was that.

Webber meanwhile had been working on a drive for Piastri the whole time, because they knew Alpine wouldn't be able to offer a drive, and I guess they will now argue over what deadline Alpine had to stick to before Piastri was allowed to sign elsewhere, because pretty sure the contract wouldn't have said "Alpine can decide on the last day of the 22 season if they will offer a drive for Piastri in 23".

So, all in all, Alpine truly are the Ferrari of contract negotiations

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

turns out the Ferrari pit wall are also Alpine's lawyers

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

How I love mark webber

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Spice World War II posted:

Formula1.com says that Piastri had a clause in his contract that Alpine had to offer him a drive for 2023 or they would lose him, at the same time they were offering Alonso a one year contract extension and Ocon is under contract for multiple years anyway. Of course, Alonso was not happy about a one year extension and that was the main point of contention in the contract negotiation, but for Alpine this was all small beans and clearly Alonso was going to sign any moment now because he would have no other options in F1.

So then Vettel dropped out of Aston Martin, Daddy Stroll waved the new factory and wind tunnel that will come online for 2023 around and offered Alonso a two year contract, and that was that.

Webber meanwhile had been working on a drive for Piastri the whole time, because they knew Alpine wouldn't be able to offer a drive, and I guess they will now argue over what deadline Alpine had to stick to before Piastri was allowed to sign elsewhere, because pretty sure the contract wouldn't have said "Alpine can decide on the last day of the 22 season if they will offer a drive for Piastri in 23".

Idk, Ferrari extended Sainz' contract on the basis that he fit in the car, which seems pretty loving TikTok'd to me.

I can sympathise with Alonso, he wanted a full-time seat in F1 whilst having the opportunity to gently caress around in Alpine's WEC endeavour. Presumably the hypercar races have also fallen through?

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
Haha I just read that Szafnauer not only claims that Alonso was lost at sea on a yacht, but also that he hasn't been able to reach Mark Webber at all for ages. I would say that Alpine somehow thought they had all cards in their hands and completely overplayed their cards in the negotiations and now everyone is happy to gently caress them over.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

3.6 Rotengen, not great but not terrible.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Spice World War II posted:

I don't really buy this because contracts can't be signed that quickly. In MotoGP Rins going to LCR Honda was a known thing for like a month before they could actually announce it. My vibe is that this Alonso move has been baking for a while, Sebastian found out and jumped and then Alpine got caught with their pants down.

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Undercut so powerful it works even during the summer break

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

does he tho?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
is contract negotiation allowed during summer break then? since it is for 2023?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I don't think its banned since it mostly is just lawyers and doesn't affect team personnel. To announce it when theres no eyes on the sport seems odd though

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

aunt jenkins posted:

Undercut so powerful it works even during the summer break

thanks seb

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

italian quid posted:

I don't think its banned since it mostly is just lawyers and doesn't affect team personnel. To announce it when theres no eyes on the sport seems odd though

sure seems like all eyes were on the nando announcement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Pragmatica posted:

is contract negotiation allowed during summer break then? since it is for 2023?

If you no longer go for a contract then you're no longer a racing driver's lawyer