Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what do you like best
This poll is closed.
pics 69 0.39%
vids 420 2.40%
gazza.txt 8008 45.77%
havin yer mam 9001 51.44%
Total: 17498 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:

It's funny you see because Rose West raped, molested and murdered multiple children, including her own.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

nawilo_420 posted:

It's funny you see because Rose West raped, molested and murdered multiple children, including her own.
that’s not why it’s funny hth

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

jesus WEP posted:

that’s not why it’s funny hth

Humour is subjective, if that's why nawilo_420 is laughing, you can't really argue that's not why it's funny to them.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Not sure where this should go so figured why not here - had to double check that PSG wasn't in Pima County:

quote:

The Pima County Board of Supervisors voted to allow the county sheriff to donate a police dog named Messi, which the department called an “unusable capital asset,” to the Yuma police, where the Belgian Malinois could maybe be trained out of some antisocial behaviors, the Green Valley News reports.

“We purchased the dog about a year and a half ago and tested it out, fine. It’s basically bitten our handlers four times. They have attempted to train that out of it, and it has not worked,” Lt. Robert Krygier said.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Simply rotate the stadium 180 degrees so it's now the Gilbert & Rose East Stand.

Problem solved.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

nawilo_420 posted:

lmao get hosed

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
They should change stand sponsors to BetFred

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/nottingham-forest-transfers-jizz-hornkamp-7419239

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021

nawilo_420 posted:

Look, I like this forum for posting about football, but I don't want to be confronted with an actual nightmarish child rapist when I want to read or post about how bad united are. I think it's terribly uncool to name a forum after a convicted child rapist. When I made the above post to this effect, the fact that ninpo immediately lashes out with a probe for being 'tedious' shows that I've hit a nerve. Call me crazy but I don't think child rape is something you should be jokey about, and especially mods on somethingawful dot com should know better.

I don't believe I have to say this, but can you please not name the football forum (or any forum) after a famous child rapist and murderer? Thank you.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Lmao gently caress off concern troll

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

nawilo_420 posted:

Look, I like this forum for posting about football, but I don't want to be confronted with an actual nightmarish child rapist when I want to read or post about how bad united are. I think it's terribly uncool to name a forum after a convicted child rapist. When I made the above post to this effect, the fact that ninpo immediately lashes out with a probe for being 'tedious' shows that I've hit a nerve. Call me crazy but I don't think child rape is something you should be jokey about, and especially mods on somethingawful dot com should know better.

I don't believe I have to say this, but can you please not name the football forum (or any forum) after a famous child rapist and murderer? Thank you.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

nawilo_420 posted:

The only nerve you hit is the one you always hit when you post your stupid concern troll poo poo. The forum has very obviously been named after a funny stand naming accident involving a company called Gilbert and Rose.

I refuse to believe you actually give a single poo poo about a case from nearly 30 years ago involving a nightmarish couple that's been the butt of many jokes over the years. Reading the words "The Rose West Stand" isn't confronting you with an "actual nightmarish child rapist" you moron.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

nawilo_420 posted:

The football forum is named after Southend United's west stand ticket closed

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

nawilo_420 posted:

hey raspy

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Gonna make a (rose west) stand on this issue.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

nawilo_420 posted:

:qq:

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Please just change the name of the forum so that's its not the name of an actual child rapist, that's all I ask. It would be nice to read the football forum without being reminded of a person who raped and murdered their own children. Please mods on something awful could you do this.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

interesting that posters are trying to attack the SA mods, when they should be attacking southend united for making this happen in the first place. very sad

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

nawilo_420 posted:

Please just change the name of the forum so that's its not the name of an actual child rapist, that's all I ask. It would be nice to read the football forum without being reminded of a person who raped and murdered their own children. Please mods on something awful could you do this.

Why don't you get banned and re-register a new dumbass account with the name in reverse about it

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

nawilo_420 posted:

Stupid oval office lol

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

nawilo_420 posted:

This is such a low effort attempt please try harder or I’ll put you under the fuckin patio

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

nawilo_420 posted:

The Jeffrey Dahmer-Benz Arena

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
In other news. I enjoyed this (with videos I can't be bothered to repost ).

A forensic analysis of Dion Dublin’s glorious headbutt on Robbie Savage

https://www.planetfootball.com/nostalgia/dion-dublin-headbutt-robbie-savage-glorious-aston-villa-birmingham-2003/

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
dont even know who the forum is named after but oliwan's request seems very reasonable to me and furthermore i cant believe the mods are still letting ninpo be a mod, literally every frivolous probate i see is by him

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

EC10 posted:

dont even know who the forum is named after but oliwan's request seems very reasonable to me and furthermore i cant believe the mods are still letting ninpo be a mod, literally every frivolous probate i see is by him

mate, just dig up, jfc

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I hadn’t heard about Rose West and I’m only in the Background section of her wiki and it’s already icky as hell. It gets so much worse.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I've tried to demod him but he's too powerful. He left the last mod meeting early and keeps demanding a move to a top-level forum

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Vegetable posted:

I hadn’t heard about Rose West and I’m only in the Background section of her wiki and it’s already icky as hell. It gets so much worse.

Nothing compared to the previous namesake who I heard played for *j*x. Vile

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

EC10 posted:

lol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
issuing correction on a previous forum name change, regarding the marketing mix up by Southend United. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to" Rose West

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

issuing correction on a previous forum name change, regarding the marketing mix up by Southend United. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to" Rose West

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
lol https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4009185&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Get your votes in!

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

#GOAT

https://twitter.com/nocontextfooty/status/1555312657275797504?s=21&t=gATd9Bxj2p9F-uqV1HWGDA

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Oliwan is an engaging, high impact poster with a lot to offer.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Personally I can understand Oliwan's POV because if someone was a victim or sexual assault it may not be a good experience for them to see a rapists name in the forum title. Context really doesn't matter in that situation

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Otoh Oliwan is just being a concern troll

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Looke posted:

Otoh Oliwan is just being a concern troll

It's loving this. Anyone who is taking anything he says seriously has never seen an Oliwan post before.

Also loving lol at EC10 managing to show his rear end again.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The name is being changed back.

Oliwan your decision to take your tantrum to QCS means that the types of weird drama goblins who only post in QCS and make 7000 posts a minute about the secret mod pedophile cabal are now making hilarious posts about TRP having a culture of child molestation, about which you are presumably as upset as I am given you are a regular in this forum as well.

I really am inordinately cross about this. I will probably calm down once I've thought about this for more than five minutes (I am notably a big softy) but as of right now if I see you posting anywhere in TRP I'm nuking you on sight. gently caress you.

Here is the line I'm drawing under all of this:

Post football photos and videos that are cool and good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Change it back when the club officially does imo.