Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I use a Wiimote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Regalingualius posted:

I just put my entire rotation into a single macro

…As a Ninja

Ninja probably requires a bit much button-pushing but this guy has one-button rotation macros that do decently for DRG and SMN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZX-xhexJFk
This is not macroing your actual buttons, but it macros placing the right ability on the one button you're supposed to be pressing and changing hotbars to load up the next macro.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Aether data center exploded early tonight, everybody lagged out and kicked from server at once.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Not just Aether :v:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Thundarr posted:

Aether data center exploded early tonight, everybody lagged out and kicked from server at once.

Primal too.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Okay, good, it wasn't just me.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

girl dick energy posted:

Okay, good, it wasn't just me.

The classic "should I be yelling at Comcast" check.

Trick question, you should always be yelling at Comcast.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Not counting this hiccup are the servers *supposed* to go down tonight, or just travelling between them?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Bruceski posted:

Not counting this hiccup are the servers *supposed* to go down tonight, or just travelling between them?

Should just be the world and data centre travel that's down.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Can't believe yall spilled your gosh darn coca colas on the server tubes

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

1300 people in queue on Excal right now, might just try back later

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It's fine, it's borderland ruins day anyway. Nothing goin on in eorzea even if it was up

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Servers still backlogged?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Regalingualius posted:

Servers still backlogged?

They're saying it's a DDoS?

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/679b91a58331cb037bac6cfb15010d2b80e3885c

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

It's funnier to think that somebody accidentally pulled the wrong cable while prepping for the World Visit maintenance.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

A Moose posted:

Someone help, I've never seen anything that makes less sense than DRK pvp. How do you even survive 1 person hitting you? I get that plunge + Salted Earthx2 should lock someone down if they've already used Purify, but what if it doesn't? You also don't have enough self-heals to justify ever hitting shadowbringer. Everyone moves so much! getting shadowbringer, quietus or eventide to land is an ordeal. my first 2 matches I died so many times I didn't even get to limit break

DRK's gameplay gimmick is that it can bank up a lot of on-demand damage. Most jobs have cooldowns on their more potent attacks, but if you really need you can toss out multiple Shadowbringers in a row to secure a kill on a low-HP target. DRK's damage isn't enough to solo anyone. In fact it's probably the worst tank for 1v1, because so much of its damage is tied up in sacrificing HP. But if you can time your Shadowbringers strategically (ie when a target is at 50% or less health, or when they've already used their bubble), you can help your team secure kills during situations that would otherwise become long, protracted fights.

I'd say if you aren't being actively targeted, you can safely use Shadowbringer once without putting yourself in jeopardy. That means if you got TBN to pop, you can toss out two Shadowbringers without worry.

Naturally, Eventide is really potent because it's a mega Shadowbringer that also makes you immune to death and lets your regain hp. Don't use it early! Save it for a pivotal moment during big team fights when you know your team really needs to win the exchange. It can help take out multiple targets, and it can help you stay on the objective. You can use TBN-Shadowbringer to restore your health during this period, as well as Quietus and Salted Earth to quickly regain HP. If you're ballsy I think you can also toss out a bunch of shadowbringers during this immunity period, as long as you're restoring enough health between each use.

I think DRK in particular needs to know when to run and heal, how to heal mid-fight, and how to strategically duck a little bit out of the thick of things. Instead of Plunging straight into the enemy, you can cast TBN on an ally who is already engaged, that way you can Plunge and Shadowbringer.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

https://clips.twitch.tv/DaintySpikyKiwiBuddhaBar-HVxKOgMRZnfCombX

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The DDoS disconnects left me in the middle of Bardam's Mettle by myself. So I did the second boss while I waited for my group to log back in. Turns out those little challenges are easier to do solo than with a group lol

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Moonfire Faire is is coming on the 10th, and it looks like the tower's coming back in some manner since it's in the art and there's a "Prepare to Dive!" subtitle this time.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Ohhhh, it was THAT one on the billboard that was wearing the datamined clothes!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the summer tower is the best content in ffxiv and I'm happy to see it back

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I am sad that ladies won't be able to get the really cool pants that guys do, in favor of Yet Another Tanga

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Leraika posted:

I am sad that ladies won't be able to get the really cool pants that guys do, in favor of Yet Another Tanga

Yeah it sucks.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I really need a top that can be made to look like Majima's snakeskin jacket that ALSO works on a female Mi'qote. The only other Majima cosplayer I've seen used the Endless Summer top, but that only works for males.

I need to make Myaajima Goro.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Leraika posted:

It's weird they have been taking away gender restrictions on stuff but still add new stuff that has them. I don't get it

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

the monkey's paw curled when people demanded they remove gender restrictions on gear and they just started making gear that adapts to your character's gender instead

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i kinda miss this game, can someone please assist with these 2 questions:

1- how are sages doing right now
2- how much does the current tier of crafted sage gear cost on the market board on primal? i haven't played since endwalker launched so my gear is trash but i had a lotta gil
2- are there any new options for glamours that are just regular modern clothes? last thing i picked up was a pair of ripped jeans and a baseball cap that hid my cat ears

ty in advance

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Sages are amazing. Probably not quite SCH level if you're in a hard core speedkill static (but what ever is), but they rock everywhere.
Crafted gear should be cheap enough, since it's 4 months old now. That said, a new set is coming in a few weeks if you wanted to wait. You can limp by on tomestone or alliance raid gear if you wanted.
There's been a couple modern-ish sets released since the one you're talking of, I think. Although at least one is Mogstation.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

ty i will wait a few weeks instead

i look forward to shooting lasers at things for a couple months before i get bored and unsub again

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Hope we'll be able to use outdoor furnishings on our island.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

blatman posted:

ty i will wait a few weeks instead

i look forward to shooting lasers at things for a couple months before i get bored and unsub again

the most valid way to play

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I'm not gonna glamshame, but the regular modern clothes just aren't for me. I am a mystical whatever in a mystical world, I'm gonna own it.

That said, I did see a good Pokemon Trainer cosplay on a SMN. And there need to be more ninjas/samurai running around in Allagan cyborg bodysuits.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1554844592729600001

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Obviously my daughter Ryne

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Got my wife into the game via the free trial. Been watching her play as I wind down from work and who should I see greeting her than Mordiceius himself.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Obviously my daughter Ryne

Shinryuu, he already comes with his own shelter.

On the other hand bringing anything wind-up seems cruel. So maybe hedgehog.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

My emergency XP stash, aka Smallshell.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The one and only Fat Cat

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

My adorable and somewhat inexplicable flying goldfish. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!