Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

-Blackadder- posted:

Biden really should have saved himself some trouble and paid Manchin off earlier.

If it was just a question of a payoff, yes it's horrifically bad politics to have waited this long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Stay your blade.

The trial is being broadcast live. You can watch it right now and I'm sure the entire VOD will be available later.

I thought they meant the phone

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Nancy Pelosi's husband got a DUI.

Nobody was killed and it is a first offense, so California makes it a misdemeanor and caps the punishment at probation, fines, and a mandatory DUI class.

According to the police, they basically have him on the DUI charge (he blew a .082, which is slightly above the legal limit of .08) and he'll likely plea down from 5 years probation to a few years probation + fines + restitution + passing the DUI class.

There is also a minimum of 5 days in prison if found guilty, so that is another reason he is likely to plea down.

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1554893613233995783

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 3, 2022

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Nancy Pelosi's husband got a DUI.

Nobody was killed and it is a first offense, so California makes it a misdemeanor and caps the punishment at probation, fines, and a mandatory DUI class.

According to the police, they basically have him on the DUI charge (he blew a 0.82, which is slightly above the legal limit of 0.8) and he'll likely plea down from 5 years probation to a few years probation + fines + restitution + passing the DUI class.

There is also a minimum of 5 days in prison if found guilty, so that is another reason he is likely to plea down.

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1554893613233995783

Holy poo poo, 0.82? That man's liver is inhuman.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

forbidden dialectics posted:

Holy poo poo, 0.82? That man's liver is inhuman.

lol.

I meant .082.

Decimal got away from me.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Pretty sure we'd be hearing about Nancy Pelosi's late husband if he had a .82

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Josh Hawley carrying water for Putin in Senate debate for Finnish and Swedish NATO membership.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?522156-1/senate-vote-ratify-sweden-finland-joining-nato

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
no idea if he actually paid but Alex Jones and Free Speech Systems were hit with over $1M to pay for plantiff's legal fees.

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/2022/04/22/alex-jones-infowars-sandy-hook-lawsuits-1-million-penalties/7394307001/

he also got $8M in bitcoin from an ~anonymous donor~

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2022/05/26/alex-jones-bitcoin-8-million-infowars

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Professor Beetus posted:

Pretty sure we'd be hearing about Nancy Pelosi's late husband if he had a .82

His wife nearly started World War III for stupid political prizes. He is more alcohol than man at this point :v:

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Honestly, the craziest part of the trial is the revelation that Infowars is making around $800,000 PER DAY and that Jones is personally taking home about $100,000 of that each day.

And how many people are buying those stupid supplements and "gorilla brain pills" for $139.99 a month.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

nine-gear crow posted:

His wife nearly started World War III for stupid political prizes. He is more alcohol than man at this point :v:

You gotta stop swallowing extreme framings of Pelosi.

She sucks because she kills leftist policy and doesn't retire or do poo poo. Not because she "almost started WWIII"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Honestly, the craziest part of the trial is the revelation that Infowars is making around $800,000 PER DAY and that Jones is personally taking home about $100,000 of that each day.

And how many people are buying those stupid supplements and "gorilla brain pills" for $139.99 a month.

You really find it that difficult to believe that at least about a thousand people are willing to lock themselves into a $100/month brain pill and brain pill accessories subscription plan because Alex Jones tells them to?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jaxyon posted:

You gotta stop swallowing extreme framings of Pelosi.

She sucks because she kills leftist policy and doesn't retire or do poo poo. Not because she "almost started WWIII"

It was a joke, but go off, champ.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

nine-gear crow posted:

You really find it that difficult to believe that at least about a thousand people are willing to lock themselves into a $100/month brain pill and brain pill accessories subscription plan because Alex Jones tells them to?

Jones is taking in $100k PER DAY.

So, it is a lot more than 1,000 people paying $100/month.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

nine-gear crow posted:

It was a joke, but go off, champ.

I can't tell anymore. Which isn't your fault.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Ultra male vitality folks. It's the good stuff.

By the way for more context on this bullshit, if you've got 4 hours to spare watch The Joe Rogan Alex Jones interview from a few years ago. He basically admits the whole Sandy Hook thing is bullshit. By that I mean his conspiracy theory is bullshit not that Sandy Hook is bullshit

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Wait

Wait

Wait

Hold on

Wait

You're telling me this loving clown is making $100k *a day*?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jones is taking in $100k PER DAY.

So, it is a lot more than 1,000 people paying $100/month.

Oh god, I missed the per day part. I thought it said per month. Yeah, what the gently caress

This rear end in a top hat is making $36.5 MILLION a year? From pills and saw dust and sweatbands and coffee mugs? wha

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Aug 3, 2022

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Meatball posted:

Wait

Wait

Wait

Hold on

Wait

More context: Alex Jones has trouble getting banking because his credit profile is marked with an H.

That H stands for hate speech basically.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Meatball posted:

Wait

Wait

Wait

Hold on

Wait

The financial documents he had to turn over for the trial show that his store made $168 million in sales in 3 years and that he took 1/7th of it as a personal salary and another large chunk of it went indirectly to him for travel, food, clothes, etc.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

p t barnum undersold us on the prevalence of suckers, if anything

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Now I'm just a simple country moron but I'd love to see the figures on his food clothing tracel budget if it's separate from salary but still "a significant" chunk of 9 figures. Like i guess he's flying private everywhere but a new suit and steak and lobster every day is still a rounding error of a rounding error of hundreds of millions.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

projecthalaxy posted:

Now I'm just a simple country moron but I'd love to see the figures on his food clothing tracel budget if it's separate from salary but still "a significant" chunk of 9 figures. Like i guess he's flying private everywhere but a new suit and steak and lobster every day is still a rounding error of a rounding error of hundreds of millions.

To give you a taste of how much he indirectly took from the show:

He bought at least two $40,000 Rolexes and a $7,000 suit for a single show (lol, we all know it wasn't just for the one show) because "he needed to wear the uniform of the devil and mock him by wearing his uniform to show we are not afraid of him."

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Oh god, I missed the per day part. I thought it said per month. Yeah, what the gently caress

This rear end in a top hat is making $36.5 MILLION a year? From pills and saw dust and sweatbands and coffee mugs? wha

The profit margin on those supplements he sells is around 70%, according to the leaked texts (he claimed on the stand it was more like 20%).

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

If the 1/6 Committee makes these public, then they have justified their entire existence 1,000x over.

https://twitter.com/arawnsley/status/1554903595258191872

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

To give you a taste of how much he indirectly took from the show:

He bought at least two $40,000 Rolexes and a $7,000 suit for a single show (lol, we all know it wasn't just for the one show) because "he needed to wear the uniform of the devil and mock him by wearing his uniform to show we are not afraid of him."

Lol.

That's a pretty good grift tbh. He didn't even need to do it so blatantly, that's clearly just funny to him and I kinda agree

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Jesus loving hell Tom Carper from Delaware is a senile old man. In this drat NATO debate dude is just talking about immigrants in Delaware, some nickels, fish food, and how Delaware is actually the first state. Dude is a senile old man rambling about random poo poo.

Watching this on C-SPAM just leaves me like :dogstare:

EDIT: HE IS TALKING ABOUT ABBA and if there is a connection between them and Queen Sylvia what the gently caress

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Aug 3, 2022

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Failed Imagineer posted:

Lol.

That's a pretty good grift tbh. He didn't even need to do it so blatantly, that's clearly just funny to him and I kinda agree

The John Oliver episode on Alex Jones actually has the video clip from this specific scene. It's available on Youtube.

He also describes needing to flaunt nice cars as a way to attack the devil on earth and then seemlessly transitions to, "Can you please buy this $189 bone broth subscription to keep our ramshackle operation (whose store has ~$63 million in sales each year) on the air? The powers that be want to silence us and you can strike back by helping us out. Otherwise, they'll win and I'll have to shutdown in the next few months."

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Crows Turn Off posted:

Why do people think getting Republicans "on the record" has any effect?

It has an effect only if it's used in campaign ads.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Edit: wrong us** thread, lol

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Sinema has named her price.

$5 billion for drought resiliency and water funds for Arizona and dumping the carried interest changes.

The carried interest changes are a relatively small amount of money (just $1.4 billion per year and $14 billion over 10 years), but they benefit such a small amount of people (estimated to be only ~400,000) such a large amount that it is so nakedly a giveaway to people that own their own large businesses, some doctors and lawyers, and hedge funds that there is no public policy justification for it.

Sinema doesn't even pretend there is one. She just said she wants it gone with no reason given.

https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/1554915118529613825

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sinema has named her price.

$5 billion for drought resiliency and water funds for Arizona and dumping the carried interest changes.

The carried interest changes are a relatively small amount of money (just $1.4 billion per year and $14 billion over 10 years), but they benefit such a small amount of people (estimated to be only ~400,000) such a large amount that it is so nakedly a giveaway to people that own their own large businesses, some doctors and lawyers, and hedge funds that there is no public policy justification for it.

Sinema doesn't even pretend there is one. She just said she wants it gone with no reason given.

https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/1554915118529613825

That was exactly what people said she would be told to try and sink by her owners and she did exactly what she was told to do. Now let's see what she does if she's told no by Majority Leader Manchin.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
The Alex Jones phone texts thing gets fractally dumber the more you look in to it.

It was accidentally sent to the plaintiff's lawyers. They received it and said "holy loving shitballs this is a god drat thing. Are you sure you wanted to send this to us? Like, this may be straight law breaking entirely on its own. Are you really, really, super, mega sure you wanted to send this to us? It should probably be reviewed and likely is not admissible in trial. Are you really, really god drat sure?"

There was no response to their official enquiries on the topic and it got admitted to evidence.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

nine-gear crow posted:

That was exactly what people said she would be told to try and sink by her owners and she did exactly what she was told to do. Now let's see what she does if she's told no by Majority Leader Manchin.

Give her the drought $$$ and tell her to get hosed on the tax stuff.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

bird food bathtub posted:

The Alex Jones phone texts thing gets fractally dumber the more you look in to it.

It was accidentally sent to the plaintiff's lawyers. They received it and said "holy loving shitballs this is a god drat thing. Are you sure you wanted to send this to us? Like, this may be straight law breaking entirely on its own. Are you really, really, super, mega sure you wanted to send this to us? It should probably be reviewed and likely is not admissible in trial. Are you really, really god drat sure?"

There was no response to their official enquiries on the topic and it got admitted to evidence.

Where did the defense suggest it was law breaking or not admissible?

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

VideoGameVet posted:

It has an effect only if it's used in campaign ads.

Why do you think campaign ads that bring up prior votes makes a noticeable impact on an election? Especially on an issue where most politicians are pretty upfront with where they stand on it, such as abortion?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Fart Amplifier posted:

That's the problem. The defense didn't do any of that. The plaintiff received the evidence, poo poo about a ton of bricks and asked them if they wanted to review any of it for privilege cause "loving yikes" and didn't get a response.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1554919225919143941?t=kmgZm_LMbVfhuWIy_u7ZIA&s=19

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

bird food bathtub posted:

That's the problem. The defense didn't do any of that. The plaintiff received the evidence, poo poo about a ton of bricks and asked them if they wanted to review any of it for privilege cause "loving yikes" and didn't get a response.

It's legal and totally fine for plaintiffs legal team to use the info after the 10 day point.

Unintentionally revealing too much in discovery allows the opposition to use it in the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Fart Amplifier posted:

Probably because it was above and beyond the scope of what was requested during discovery. If the defense had said "oh that was an accident" at any point it would of been removed. But since they didn't and it's officially entered into evidence all of it is usable.

Like, this is a catastrophic fuckup to the point where I wonder if Jones' lawyer is purposely trying to tank it.