Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Vermain posted:

It increases the chance of getting rare items from desynth depending on your desynth level compared to the ilvl of what you're desynthing. For most things, this largely means an increased chance of either getting an HQ crafted material from the desynth, or for getting demimateria that sells well to merchants from gear that's well below your comparative desynth level.

The actual reason to level desynth is to increase your haul of primal crafting mats by rolling greed on all those primal weapon drops that everybody else ignores. Which for ex primals from the most recent two expansions is usually worth a healthy amount of money.

Except culinarian desynth. That kind of has no reason to exist past ARR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
I thought people did desynth because they put bars on your character screen and I need to fill all the bars.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Mordiceius posted:

I want it just as a team management sim. Playing Blitzball sucks. Let me manage a sports team though.

I've been wanting this for literal years. :negative:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Have none of y'all played X-2? It literally has Blitzball Manager 2003.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Quote is not edit

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Electric Phantasm posted:

But does it let my WoL be the star striker and Tataru my keeper?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Yeah, but that's not FFXIV.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

can I wash your team with my crew of superstuds? no? OK then

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

I see gold sellers.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
We got a couple screenshots of the untouched Island Sanctuary with this latest update to the 6.2 website. Spoilered just in case there's anyone that's wanting to go in blind.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

What a pretty place to go all Robinson Crusoe on.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Final Fantasy Extreme Beach Volleyball

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

That first one looks a whole lot like Mog Gardens from FFXI.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Kazy posted:

Praying that they don't lock poo poo behind months-long grinds like that.......

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Are islands confirmed 6.2? For some reason I'd convinced myself they were coming 6.2.5

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I think we might have been told 6.25 at some point, but the site has only been saying 6.2 sine it went up.

Since they're hyping it up on Twitter I'm guessing it's changed or we were told the wrong thing.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Veotax posted:

I think we might have been told 6.25 at some point, but the site has only been saying 6.2 sine it went up.

Since they're hyping it up on Twitter I'm guessing it's changed or we were told the wrong thing.

It would be reasonable that they want their seemingly tropical island zones to be available for their summer event. Might have shuffled some development tasks around to make that happen.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

6.25 is relic weapons I believe

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Warmachine posted:

It would be reasonable that they want their seemingly tropical island zones to be available for their summer event. Might have shuffled some development tasks around to make that happen.

Not sure the summer event would have any influence there. Assuming the "late August" release window holds the event will either last three days into the patch or end four days before.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yeah, YoshiP said it would be 6.2.5 for Island Sanctuary on the last PLL. With the website not saying that, even after this latest update, I'd say there's a good chance something changed or there was/is some misinformation.

Either way, I imagine we'll know for sure with the second part of the PLL on the 12th.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Kazy posted:

What are "Mog Gardens" for the people who didn't play FFXI?

Ibblebibble posted:

Praying that they don't lock poo poo behind months-long grinds like that.......

I fully expect it to be a long term project. And honestly, I hope it does take a long time and isn't something you can complete in a week.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Island Sanctuary is probably the equivalent of the Doman and Ishgardian Restorations, so yeah, it's probably a long-hauler.

Which is fine by me, you don't rush the concept of a chill island hangout.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mordiceius posted:

What are "Mog Gardens" for the people who didn't play FFXI?

Essentially an extension of your private room where you could do some version of mining, gardening, tree cuttings, drag in fishing nets, and eventually raise monsters. The gist of it was you could do each action once a day, the results of which were small mats and items you'd probably otherwise just buy from a vendor. The monster rearing ended up being slightly more important, as unlocking new monsters after long enough care could unlock mats/items worth buying for slightly cheaper prices, as well as key items that increased your stats slightly with other boosts to exp.

To grind all areas in the mog garden to max, it took about 6 months straight of daily check ins, if I remember correctly. And it was mandatory to do it all if you wanted to unlock a quest line later that provided a decent healing trust.

Oh, it also gave you a malboro mount. Yaaaaaaay.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

Mog Gardens

Honestly, I would expect the FFXIV team to make something a little more beneficial, but that core concept sounds pretty loving decent to me.

Take that, refine it, give it a FFXIV twist, and I'm loving in.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/interestingsasf/status/1554413231955132416

iykyk

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Bout to get water aspected to hell and back

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Onean posted:

Yeah, YoshiP said it would be 6.2.5 for Island Sanctuary on the last PLL. With the website not saying that, even after this latest update, I'd say there's a good chance something changed or there was/is some misinformation.

Either way, I imagine we'll know for sure with the second part of the PLL on the 12th.

My current guess is that they chunked it up so people can access the island "early" but there may be some stages that won't be ready to go on 6.2.

But if it does end up as a long haul that probably doesn't make a real difference anyway!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

My guess is that'll it be along the lines of the Doman Restoration where there's specific stages of reconstruction that you can progress weekly (and which get added in subsequent patches), with a couple things gated behind that progress. I doubt they'll do any major time gates (like "you can access gardening after week 4" or whatever), but it feels like something that's intended to fill in the longer lulls between patches.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
We do know there's something gated behind other patches, because we have two (maybe just one?) more islands coming through 6.3 - 6.5. Or maybe they were both in one of those patches? I forget exactly.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Yeah I’m expecting it’s going to be a weekly that lasts the rest of 6.X (and then exists as a long term side project for people who didn’t do it when it was actively updated like the Doman Restoration). You’ll get cosmetic stuff from it like emotes, minions, mounts, and glam like the Ishgard Restoration that you buy with the internal currency.

At least, that’s my prediction.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, I really wish ladies were getting those cool patterned swim trunks as an option too. I think they'd look way better on my lizard than another generic bikini bottom.

Liberate our swim trunks, yoship

I am not being remotely ironic with this

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i fourth this motion it would be super cool to have frumpy low effort beach attire to swap out on my overworked grad student scholar RP story

hell i'd probably spring for a 1920's style Modesty Swimsuit just to stay in theme

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, where's my long-sleeved knee-length striped one-piece so I can look like an 1890's strongman at the beach

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, where's my long-sleeved knee-length striped one-piece so I can look like an 1890's strongman at the beach

with old timey weight monk weapons

HUT!

HUT!

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Don't some of the Firmament NPCs in the baths have those sort of outfits?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

I fully expect it to be a long term project. And honestly, I hope it does take a long time and isn't something you can complete in a week.

You do not understand just how loving long it took to get anything done in Mog Gardens.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Jonny 290 posted:

with old timey weight monk weapons

HUT!

HUT!

Those are just the kettle fists.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Bruceski posted:

Those are just the kettle fists.

so gerolt finally got those kettles finished huh

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
When will the weapon design contest winners be in game? I thought several of those were incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

I haven't seen any official statements, but my money's on them becoming Hildibrand artifacts.