Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Can we post podcast adjacent content here? Because Lemon just posted this on his Twitter and it's a fuckin' banger

https://twitter.com/AhoyLemon/status/1554173869488996356

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens

LanceHunter posted:

At this point I suspect that the 20th-century high school stereotypes will live on in fetish culture long after they have vanished from the mainstream, in the same way that Victorians had lots of fetishes related to equestrian traditions that had mostly vanished from their day-to-day lives.

Also, this episode helped answer the question I’d had about these bimbofication transformation fetishes: Are the people writing these stories wanting to gently caress someone who is suddenly a ridiculous bimbo; or do they want to be transformed into a ridiculous bimbo themselves? Now I see the answer is both. They want both.

I dunno, my gut tells me that the bimbofication people have a slightly different demographic breakdown that precludes the kink reciprocity.

Lumbermouth posted:

Loving all the Pansy Division in the recent Extra Credit intros.

I keep handing Dijon episodes and they keep having a Pansy Division song for them.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I feel there's a solid dissertation to be written about the impact of structural dissociation on kink and sexuality. Still, I'd be worried that it'd lead to a new genre of alters/systems erotica.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ShellGame posted:

I dunno, my gut tells me that the bimbofication people have a slightly different demographic breakdown that precludes the kink reciprocity.

Definitely the case with most fetish sites y'all read

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

Grondoth posted:

The production takes a bit to work up to what you'll be used to. They didn't even record separate tracks for a while, instead just recording the whole thing in one big call.

You'll also be cursed with knowledge. If they're ever confused about, say, what DMT is or laugh off a fetish as if no one has it, you will know, and you will know that they will know.

I was surprised at how mean they were to some of the people in the twilight episode, it felt a lot more "check out these weirdos, they suck" than the more "you do you strange person" vibe of later stuff.

The transformers radio play was solid gold though

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

carrionman posted:

I was surprised at how mean they were to some of the people in the twilight episode, it felt a lot more "check out these weirdos, they suck" than the more "you do you strange person" vibe of later stuff.

They went through the arc a lot of people on this website went through; realizing that there's far worse people out there to be mad at and just generally maturing and appreciating that people can be different. There's still great stuff back there, the kid who hates how big is head is gets referenced for a decade, but they were different people in a different world back then. Like all of us, really.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it feels like the MRA episode was a legit 'turning point' kinda marker, at least as a listener. Before it yea they kinda hit everything with the same 'gently caress off' brush but after it was a lot more 'oh wait no there are just insane people who aren't hurting people and there are ones who think rape should be legal and encouraged so I guess I'd rather have oversharing furries and Twilight fans than those guys yea'.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grondoth posted:

They went through the arc a lot of people on this website went through; realizing that there's far worse people out there to be mad at and just generally maturing and appreciating that people can be different. There's still great stuff back there, the kid who hates how big is head is gets referenced for a decade, but they were different people in a different world back then. Like all of us, really.

I WISH I'D NEVER BEEN BORN

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'll continue to take Lemon's word that "just skip the first 50 or so episodes, they're bad"

And yet because of this I'll never figure out the episode where "I'm eight years old and I love fried chicken" was first stated :smith:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

carrionman posted:

I think the one episode that really sits wrong with me now is the one about Asexuals. Yes it is filled with a lot of dipshits who deserved to get rightfully dumpstered, but these days it comes off as a bit too insensitive and mean spirited as a whole.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

Nyoro posted:

I'll continue to take Lemon's word that "just skip the first 50 or so episodes, they're bad"

And yet because of this I'll never figure out the episode where "I'm eight years old and I love fried chicken" was first stated :smith:

It was either #26 or #58. I have the recipe episodes saved for days when I need a laugh.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Nemo2342 posted:

I think the one episode that really sits wrong with me now is the one about Asexuals. Yes it is filled with a lot of dipshits who deserved to get rightfully dumpstered, but these days it comes off as a bit too insensitive and mean spirited as a whole.

The episode unironically got me to think about my own sex drive and played a nonzero part in eventually figuring out that I was on the ace spectrum.

Doesn't hold up tho, agreed.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
The patreon one (146) has always been pretty off-putting because of how mad Lemon and Portaxx are at the concept of weirdos making money outside of established industries, always seemed especially weird that a cartoonist would be against patreon :v: Lots of really good episodes right before and after it though, the car-loving episode is 156 and the ball-busting episode is 136.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Count Uvula posted:

The patreon one (146) has always been pretty off-putting because of how mad Lemon and Portaxx are at the concept of weirdos making money outside of established industries, always seemed especially weird that a cartoonist would be against patreon :v: Lots of really good episodes right before and after it though, the car-loving episode is 156 and the ball-busting episode is 136.

Yeah the Patreon one was weird, even at the time when it came out. I don't think I ever gave it a second listen.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I proudly back the extra credit Patreon and urge you all to do so too

https://www.patreon.com/extracredit

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
The first clips4sale episode is still one of my favorites.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens

Count Uvula posted:

I think it's fair to keep in mind that even though such services had been established for awhile at that point, there were definitely many rather notorious examples of crowdsourcing sites having mixed to bad results which soured a lot of people towards the very idea. And a lot of proposed projects were... audacious to say the least. Patreon, Kickstarter, and the like all had some kinks to iron out too.

I'd have to give it another listen though. Could very well be forgetting some strangely pointed stuff.

RandomPauI posted:

I proudly back the extra credit Patreon and urge you all to do so too

https://www.patreon.com/extracredit

Ah shucks, thank you. We like to downplay it because we legitimately able to make do, but that also means we don't say thank you as much as we used to. So thanks. We were able to keep our Discord server boosts after I lost my job because of it. We also have much more space to store old files now. These are all technically convenience items, but they're super helpful.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

portaxx was definitely very very notmad about people daring to try making money by drawing webcomics

BootsRaingear
Sep 10, 2013

I can't grow a beard.
September 17: Escape From Garbage Day

https://thefpl.us/wrote/escape-from-garbage-day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt92NUrMZ-0

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Nyoro posted:

COCKRUB WARRIORS is still an all-time great episode though

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

hell yeah i actually can donate this year

looking forward to it

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Unreasonably pumped for this.

The Killer Dynamo
May 31, 2011

Gonna have a good time tonight
Hooray!!! Garbage Day!!

God, I hope there's rocks this year too!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is the discord like for recording, or for fans talking about the podcast and other stuff?

BootsRaingear
Sep 10, 2013

I can't grow a beard.

RandomPauI posted:

Is the discord like for recording, or for fans talking about the podcast and other stuff?

We do not have a public discord at this point, so it's pretty much just for us recording episodes.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

gently caress yeah it's Garbage Day

Gonna throw some money around

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
oh goodie, Garbage Day comes after my new job training begins, maybe I'll have some cash to splash at my favorite brain-poison mongers raising money for a good cause

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Good luck to everyone this glorious up ming garbage day!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

This should fall during my planned week off from work so I'm :stoked:

I think I say this every year, but seriously, thank you for always raising funds for the Abortion Network. You guys are awesome

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Follow me, set me free, trust me and we will escape from the garbage

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Not me, lock me in a trash bin please

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

i'm the garbage now

i'm exactly where i belong

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

i'm the garbage now

i'm exactly where i belong

https://youtu.be/F-jZHMX-CJ0

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't listen to dad music sorry

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

When you guys donate to charity, do you just drop a huge chunk of money or do you tell them you're doing a fundraiser? And do you ever have to explain what you're doing for it?

BootsRaingear
Sep 10, 2013

I can't grow a beard.
We're in communication with the director of donor engagement at NNAF for this. They're absolutely wonderful to deal with.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

tokin opposition posted:

I don't listen to dad music sorry

so you skip the intros and outros of each episode?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I assure you, Storybook Children is 100% some grandmom music.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens

RandomPauI posted:

I assure you, Storybook Children is 100% some grandmom music.

Episode-appropriate music is timeless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

Goon Boots posted:

:nws:
abandon all hope, etc.
but then again, the path less traveled?
https://jalopnik.com/sex-with-cars-a-tutorial-285522

Found over in the PYF Funny pics thread DON'T gently caress THE CAR HOT!