Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Vanguard Warden posted:

10 ft reach is barely reach at all, you gotta' stack a reach weapon with Enlarge or a giant Barbarian archetype for 15 ft reach. :eng101:

Simply be a Twisting Tree Magus, and have reach equal to 5*spell level+10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

couldcareless posted:

On the topic of foundry and pf2e, my long time group is finally nearing the end of Runelords (after like 6 years). We are already planning switching to foundry and moving to pf2e with the strength of thousands AP.

I'm looking for a quick easy module that would be good for easing players into 2e (and also help me learn both foundry and 2e a little better as DM). Doesn't have to be free. My main goals are learning mechanics with a perspective of only knowing 1e and moving into 2e and it being short.

Congrats, I've always wanted to get through Runelords.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

sugar free jazz posted:

if someone in my group wants to play a melee character i will just not have them fight flying things or maybe ill give their sword a 60 foot range

ok

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
But there is climb and ancestry flying and potions and

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Thanks to the Lancer Discord, I have gotten onboard the Pathfinder 2e Train.

Actually finding players or GMs is the hard part because people just want to run 1e because "it's more traditional" or "It has more content" or "it's more in line with what an RPG should be"

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Harold Fjord posted:

But there is climb and ancestry flying and potions and

:hmmyes:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

https://2e.aonprd.com/Archetypes.aspx?ID=195

I like this archetype because the gimmick is that you're incredibly good at sleeping. Also Vision of Forethought looks very good but that's beside the point.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jul 28, 2022

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Andrast posted:

I like this archetype because the gimmick is that you're incredibly good at sleeping.

That’s a class fantasy we can all get behind.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I really like Chronoskimmer, but it seems primarily for a martial given the flanking feat and not psychic which I feel like is the best thematic fit

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

lmao

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Fivemarks posted:

Thanks to the Lancer Discord, I have gotten onboard the Pathfinder 2e Train.

Actually finding players or GMs is the hard part because people just want to run 1e because "it's more traditional" or "It has more content" or "it's more in line with what an RPG should be"

I think finding a GM is way harder than finding a player. I've been part of the r/pathfinder2e discord for months and have applied to join numerous games as a player, but never actually being chosen because all the GMs regularly respond with something like "there were way more applicants than I expected and I can't choose everyone, sorry" because they're getting at least 50 applications to join within the first 24 hours of posting.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

ihatepants posted:

I think finding a GM is way harder than finding a player. I've been part of the r/pathfinder2e discord for months and have applied to join numerous games as a player, but never actually being chosen because all the GMs regularly respond with something like "there were way more applicants than I expected and I can't choose everyone, sorry" because they're getting at least 50 applications to join within the first 24 hours of posting.

As a forever-GM, I've been trying to find a random online game to at least give the player side of 2e a shot and it's been a nightmare trying to find anything, yeah.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.

"Free rope at will" actually sounds like a pretty handy cantrip for cutting down on inventory requirements along the same lines as Light, but the rest of the viscera theme here is genuinely gross enough that I'd never take the spell. Horf.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
okay but how does that spell work if I'm playing a skeleton

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Blockhouse posted:

Conjuration magic all the same

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Vanguard Warden posted:

"Free rope at will" actually sounds like a pretty handy cantrip for cutting down on inventory requirements along the same lines as Light, but the rest of the viscera theme here is genuinely gross enough that I'd never take the spell. Horf.

I'd wager that's why it's Uncommon. So a DM can be like "Nope, that's not the kind of table this is."

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Blockhouse posted:

You just keep regular ropes in there now, for just such an occasion.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

skeletons would use their guts bones

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Toshimo posted:

I'd wager that's why it's Uncommon. So a DM can be like "Nope, that's not the kind of table this is."

that DM is a coward

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Maybe the skeleton still has some fleshy bits left

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
make it also a ghost

It being the intestine rope.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

maybe the skeleton borrowed the intestines from a friend

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Jen X posted:

Maybe the skeleton still has some fleshy bits left
We're all just skeletons with fleshy bits left

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Blockhouse posted:

The spell doesn't specify that they're your guts.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I am playing a Forensic Medicine Investigator in Abomination Vaults. For the second level Skill Feat I'm looking at Continual Recovery or Ward Medic. Thoughts on which to take?

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I am playing a Forensic Medicine Investigator in Abomination Vaults. For the second level Skill Feat I'm looking at Continual Recovery or Ward Medic. Thoughts on which to take?

Continual recovery lets you get more done in an hour even if multiple people are injured. How good is your front line at protecting people in the back?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

The Slack Lagoon posted:

It’s basically a choice between downtime action economy and increased pace during active adventuring.

Ward Medic is unquestionably the choice if you’re expecting multiple party members to be diseased basically ever; similarly, it means you can treat a party of 4 in 20 minutes rather than 40. Continual Recovery by contrast will let you heal one person twice in 30 minutes (or even three times inside of one hour), but if you have multiple people wounded, it can take longer to get to everyone.

A lot of that choice then is going to come down to how your table decides to handwave (or not) the passage of time immediately after/between combat encounters.

The one thing that is worth noting, since it is a common misconception, is that Battle Medicine is not Treat Wounds and feats that apply specifically to the treat wounds action (such as Ward Medic and Continual Recovery) do not apply to Battle Medicine and do not affect its cooldown or action economy.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Our cleric in AV took Ward Medic because a bunch of us got diseased on the 2nd or 3rd floor. I wish he had taken Continual Recovery though because I feel like we are always in a situation where people are banged up and it hasn't been long enough since the last Treat Wounds to get treated again.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Asked the GM for some input, and they suggested Continual Recovery since we have 3 PCs out of 5 that are trained in medicine with healing kits. Sounds like CR it is!

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Finally ending my forever gm days to get to try out a fighter in a Path of thousands game! Hyped to punch people and do a bunch of bullshit grapples. Did you know lizardmen get THREE different feats for unarmed attacks?

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
I’m very surprised there’s any lack of PF2e GMs, it’s a very GM friendly game as long as you have a reference handy.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
I do wish there were more games going on the forums. I have a bunch of things I want to try, especially with Dark Archives out now. And of course the Battlezoo Bestiary stuff, Dragon Ancestry, then the other Ancestries coming out next year and maybe the pokemon trainer like classes. Of course that stuff would not only require a game to play in, but also a DM that allows the Battlezoo stuff, much of which is written by Mark Seifer.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah I also wish there was a PF2e game going on on the forums I am so very tired of always GMing

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
It seems to be one of the more popular games in the paid GM circles.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Apparently the announced book for next year is Rage of the Elements with one class going into playtest on Monday. Here comes the Kineticist. An official version this time instead of Legendary Games Legendary Kineticist.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Some of the PFS lodges playing online via Warhorn are basically dedicated tables, and I've found several that are a lot of fun (even some goons!). You can also play a bit of PFS as a drop-in and just ask if anyone's got an AP or other dedicated table happening. I filled up my play schedule this way

Full disclosure there can also be some cringey PFS games, so it's a bit of a crapshoot

https://warhorn.net/games/search?c=64&o=1

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I have played 3 games already on warhorn with iconics. I can say that pathfinder 2e is a great system for me and once my 5e campaign ends I'm totally making the switch.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
one of these years I'm going to get over my crippling social anxiety and play a game. Probably online because I should get rid of my car, I use it so little :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

So I'm playing a Ysoki in AV. Investigator, Eldritch Anatomist background... DM let me take the Eldritch Researcher Free Archetype. So to continue with a rat obsessed with the occult and fleshwarp... I took the Inside Ropes cantrip for Eldritch Researcher.