Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

Movie toys from 2008 are older now than beast wars toys were then

Made with better plastic though. Movie toys are made with much more spindly parts, but they're generally doing a lot better than my Beast Wars toys were back then. No crumbling to bits, much less parts snapping off. Except for Scalpel, who was pretty doomed.

And now that they've moved away from balljoints and away from the worst eccentricities of the bayformer style, they seem even more durable and may last much longer. Although I can imagine Titanmasters may have some issues with aging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Knormal posted:

New upcoming figure leak:
code:
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Skar
New dinobot or the Powermaster that we got as a tape not that long ago?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Rhymenoserous posted:

Nobody actually got regular Ramjet unless they were lucky.
And apparently "PR" stands for packaging refresh and just means a straight-up re-release of an earlier figure, so now's their chance.

Arquinsiel posted:

New dinobot or the Powermaster that we got as a tape not that long ago?
I hadn't even considered the Dinobot angle, it probably is.
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Skar_(IDW)

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Knormal posted:

code:
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Grimlock
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Swoop
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Snarl

On the one hand, new Dinobots gently caress yeah
On the other hand, core class dinobots oh no

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

In just four years we'll be further away from the first Bay movie than it was from G1, isn't that crazy?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

That's a lot of names that aren't Thundercracker or Lugnut.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Knormal posted:

code:
• Tra Gen Legacy EV core Nemesis Prime
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Grimlock
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Bomburst Pr (Core Energon Monster Package refresh)
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Swoop
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Starscream Pr
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Core Snarl
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Deluxe Shrapnel
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Deluxe Prowl
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Deluxe Crosscut
• Tra Gen Legacy Ev Deluxe Junkion 2
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Voyager Nemesis Leo
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Voyager Ramjet Pr
• Tra Gen Legacy EV Voyager Junkion
• Tra Gen Legacy Ev Voyager Bludgeon
We already got regular Ramjet, G2 Ramjet, and Desert Camo Ramjet, someone at Hasbro really likes Ramjet.

Look, Hasbro, I need an arm and a leg for this Menasor and this aint none of those.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

My Tracks just arrived! And it does indeed have the leg problem! Looking at it, it does seem like the pin just isn't in all the way. Thing is, it's annoying that it doesn't all tab together properly, but it's not actually stopping me posing him. Maybe if I was going for something more dynamic it would be an issue, but getting him standing up and looking cool isn't really an issue.

Getting him transformed is a fiddly pain in the neck for sure. Those little tabs on the front of the clear plastic top shell don't seem to be serving any purpose other than making it really, really difficult to peg in and out. It already secures onto the legs just fine!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

DoctorWhat posted:

Movie toys from 2008 are older now than beast wars toys were then

Shut uppppppppppp

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Dabir posted:

Yeah I thought we would get a core class Thundercracker by now.

Those core class Dinobots are gonna be weird.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I wanna know what an Energon Monster is. Also what those other Junkions are.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Sockser posted:

On the one hand, new Dinobots gently caress yeah
On the other hand, core class dinobots oh no
Teeny dinobots will be great. I will buy all of them.

Dabir posted:

:hmmyes:

Dabir posted:

My Tracks just arrived! And it does indeed have the leg problem! Looking at it, it does seem like the pin just isn't in all the way. Thing is, it's annoying that it doesn't all tab together properly, but it's not actually stopping me posing him. Maybe if I was going for something more dynamic it would be an issue, but getting him standing up and looking cool isn't really an issue.

Getting him transformed is a fiddly pain in the neck for sure. Those little tabs on the front of the clear plastic top shell don't seem to be serving any purpose other than making it really, really difficult to peg in and out. It already secures onto the legs just fine!
I feel like heating the pin with a soldering iron and applying pressure will fix that just fine. I just... don't have a soldering iron here, and I can't work out where to apply pressure without breaking the leg.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Good Listener posted:

I wanna know what an Energon Monster is. Also what those other Junkions are.

Apparently Energon Monster is Skullgrin.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Arquinsiel posted:

:hmmyes:

I feel like heating the pin with a soldering iron and applying pressure will fix that just fine. I just... don't have a soldering iron here, and I can't work out where to apply pressure without breaking the leg.

Larkin's Lair has this fix, which doesn't even involve heat, just a pair of grippers and a bit of cushioning. Another channel suggested just supergluing a snippet of one of the plastic ties from the packaging onto the tab, which fixes it as legs but doesn't fix it in vehicle mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=disoinbQNRA

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Arquinsiel posted:

Teeny dinobots will be great. I will buy all of them

I'm too far behind on collecting and on shelf space to get all the Studio Series largeboys* but a fistful of Dinobots sounds awesome

*I may yet grab Sludge and Swoop if I see them ever because I've never had either of them in any form

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Core class dinobots are pocket friends you can take anywhere! :3:

I had PotP Cindersaur living in one of my winter coat pockets for over a year.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I should bring Slash over to be a deskbot next time I'm at home and have time to visit my storage unit. She's great :3:

Dabir posted:

Larkin's Lair has this fix, which doesn't even involve heat, just a pair of grippers and a bit of cushioning. Another channel suggested just supergluing a snippet of one of the plastic ties from the packaging onto the tab, which fixes it as legs but doesn't fix it in vehicle mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=disoinbQNRA
That's pretty much what I was going for first, but I couldn't work out how to get the angle on it right. The video answers that though, thanks!

Also gently caress glueing random bits on to fix one mode, that's ridiculous.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Arquinsiel posted:

I should bring Slash over to be a deskbot next time I'm at home and have time to visit my storage unit. She's great :3:

That's pretty much what I was going for first, but I couldn't work out how to get the angle on it right. The video answers that though, thanks!

Also gently caress glueing random bits on to fix one mode, that's ridiculous.

She is!

That's an... interesting video. Hmmmmm.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Cosmos is a little confusing to transform but man if he isn't cute.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’m gonna end up buying Cosmos in the UK because I’ve yet to see any of the Velocitrons in a Walmart here. I mean, I’m in the US till Tuesday, so there’s time, but it’s not looking likely.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Wow, Red Cog sure has a lot of guns. Four extra guns, five barrels, and a sort of cylinder thing that comes in two parts that can bulk things up.

An embarrassment of pew-pew-pews.

No official "permanent" configuration on any of it, the instructions show different configs for different modes. How dare you make me use my imagination, Hasbro. How dare you.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Yea mine was a Pulse order. I haven't looked in any Walmarts around here cuz usually they're just barren. Burnout also showed up and I got Menasor shipping soon which kind of surprised me.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Wow, Red Cog sure has a lot of guns. Four extra guns, five barrels, and a sort of cylinder thing that comes in two parts that can bulk things up.

An embarrassment of pew-pew-pews.

No official "permanent" configuration on any of it, the instructions show different configs for different modes. How dare you make me use my imagination, Hasbro. How dare you.

Drooling at that description

E: is this as close as they've come to just selling a zip loc bag full of guns

E:E: Bone scorpion! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9wpY19tvUI

Dabir fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Aug 4, 2022

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Arquinsiel posted:

Tbf, my concern is based on all the tiny green Grimlocks and tiny movie Grimlocks and how absolutely awful all of them were

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Those are a size class down again, but yeah, fair.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dabir posted:

Drooling at that description

E: is this as close as they've come to just selling a zip loc bag full of guns

The Centurion pack came close, it had a bunch of guns and accessories from the G1 cartoon. Red Cog is all guns, baby!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

True, true, I forgot about the "why weren't these included with the toys they obviously belong with" pack

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

flavor.flv posted:

In just four years we'll be further away from the first Bay movie than it was from G1, isn't that crazy?

Stop! I get enough of this on the Triple Takeover podcast!

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
They lost 2 mpm blackouts at my local target, but it was up for online order for like an hour this AM so I have it shipping to me.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
One of the accessories in Red Cog slots into the big socket in the small of ER Arcee/Elita's back to convert it to 5mm so she can weaponizing like in the Netflix show.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Anil Dikshit posted:

They lost 2 mpm blackouts at my local target, but it was up for online order for like an hour this AM so I have it shipping to me.

Have fun, he's so cool. Definitely a complex conversion but really spectacular. I have him on my studio series shelf for sheer scale.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bizarrely Red Cog is cheaper in the UK than the US. He’s £24 from InDemand Toys, which is ~$28, as opposed to $32+tax from Target.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

SS86 voyager Ironhide is a new mold.

[Peter Cullen voice] I have been locked in alt mode. Ironhide, what are you doing?!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

That's a fine Ironhide.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

That's a fine Ironhide.

Finehide.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

He needs his yellow stripe to break up the red, but I guess I can live without it. Or Reprolabels it, but man I hate stickers.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I just saw this ad on TV. Anyone else notice anything strange?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDQnCACnG60

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Knormal posted:

Ha! Can they get in trouble for using that design?

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Knormal posted:

Ubiquitous set decoration in every single sci-fi movie for the next 20 years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Eyy, my Toyhax stickers arrived! I'll get around to cleaning and relabelling the Jumpstarters at some point, but for now...

MUCH better. Even with my cack-handed application.

The MSJ posted:

SS86 voyager Ironhide is a new mold.

[Peter Cullen voice] I have been locked in alt mode. Ironhide, what are you doing?!

SS86 toy for a guy who was in two scenes then died horribly. Alright.

Dabir fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Aug 5, 2022