Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

The Lone Badger posted:

The tutorial automatically took me to a tinyass rural base.
Unless I'm still in the tutorial I suppose.

When I upgraded my command centre to lvl2 it said I could go to one of the map edge points to move to a new map, if I wanted.
Ah, I just looked it up and it looks like the tutorial now always takes you to the same map. If you want to move to another, you have to do it in-game via the command center or you skip the tutorial and choose manually. That's... pretty dumb.
Guess it doesn't matter too much if you haven't played yet since the map will be fresh anyway. But yes, it starts you out in a very quiet and empty corner in a crummy little temp base. Move inward when you're able, but I think the tutorial will send you out to find a new base in short order anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

The Lone Badger posted:

It's difficult to tell which zombie game people are talking about sometimes.

(SOD2) The starting map seems to have very little... stuff on it. I assume that means i'm supposed to grab what I can then move to a new map.
Do I need to dismantle my base and load everyone up with rucksacks, or will stuff be automatically transferred?

this is a little bit of a problem with the game, is that the maps are pretty homogenous. i.e. there's not a real progression of "you start in the north and rare/harder stuff is to the south". there's the base locations and the various plague heart hotspots and they're just wherever. if you want a narrative and a more directed story experience then you want the Trumbull Valley game mode and that is its own thing, there is no transferring or restarting newgame+ type thing there.

it's been a little while but I remember you just pick three people and they go to the next map with whatever their personally equipped items are, I don't think you can take any stash stuff with you to a new map.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Jawnycat posted:

I love it, but I've said my piece on it allot before. Once you can get past the weird presentation, UI and abstraction, it's a really solid little survival game. It's leaving early access soon too, august is slated to be it's last month in EA, so it's pretty feature complete at this point. Latest big additions are beekeeping, a new volcano and bay area, a huge expansion for the underground cave system, and a revamp of the preset characters to give them unique goals and victory conditions compared to the custom ones. The Farmer is pretty neat with having to take care of your sick grandfather as well as yourself in exchange for a more solid starting position.

Definitely give it a try, if you can't click with it after an hour or so grab a refund.

Edit: Might as well quote my last spiels about it

Could you post some beginner tips? This game is pretty neat but doesn't really tell you much of anything outside of whatever's in the survival handbook

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Flesh Forge posted:

this is a little bit of a problem with the game, is that the maps are pretty homogenous. i.e. there's not a real progression of "you start in the north and rare/harder stuff is to the south". there's the base locations and the various plague heart hotspots and they're just wherever. if you want a narrative and a more directed story experience then you want the Trumbull Valley game mode and that is its own thing, there is no transferring or restarting newgame+ type thing there.

it's been a little while but I remember you just pick three people and they go to the next map with whatever their personally equipped items are, I don't think you can take any stash stuff with you to a new map.

In addition to this, a big part of the game is learning how to create infinite resources from nothing. In the current editions this means knowing where resource hotspots you can survive are as higher difficulties tend to make infected zones and towns stupidly dangerous. Then, once you have a buffer of influence you build up outposts to give you a neutral or net gain on resource counts.

The future update will change this by making hordes able to take over outposts. Hopefully the updates past that will reintroduce survivors, including your own, being able to be sent out into the world to do things to alleviate the insane strain this will cause (along with AI survivors doing their own things in the world independent of you. I mean, geez, this was literally the one improvement they needed to add to over SoD1 and they botched it hard.).

If you want a more urban heavy experience in a unique area i'd recommend SoD1 Lifeline.

If I had to sum up Lifeline in a sentence or so i'd describe it as a game where: "What if the military took on an entire city full of zeds in SoD only to gently caress it up so bad you start out with like three to four soldiers including their CO on the run in a Humvee due to their superiors following the wrong zombie genre conventions. The result being that most of their personnel are cut off and under siege elsewhere in the city. As commander of the base with no clear higher chain of command you are now in charge of either recovering the operation and/or organizing an orderly retreat for any available military forces you can reach through the highway loop. Also, beware the tunnels. :unsmigghh:"

In addition to this, while this is slowly changing. SoD1 also has lots of nice QOL features like being able to order survivors to loot buildings without you there to handle it. It says how badly they were lazy with SoD2 that they are just now starting to catch up to core fundamental features that SoD1 had to begin with. It also has a survivalish roguelike system in that you can unlock heroes and the like through multiple runs.

On top of that, it's actually possible to temporarily depopulate areas of zombies. Since in SoD1 some genius decided to take a page out of the book of games like Shadow of Mordor and track zombie numbers in a given area. Meaning unless you take an action that spawns more zombies (Leave an area and come back, stop a car and get out, start a car, or just botch a search.) in you can feasibly clear a town and set up camp there.

The downside is that SoD1 only has one map and some older mechanics with a decreased amount of "fluff" content like the zed laboratories that show up to sell you goods every now and then. In addition to that, there's no difficulty tweaks unless you get some of the rather fantastic mods.

Edit: While it doesn't entirely meet the requisites of survival games, I was curious about how Decision: Red Daze is if someone has it? It clearly has early survival elements before you're building an empire out of the zombie mutants, and appears to have npc's that are living in the world and doing stuff?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1621760/Decision_Red_Daze/

Archonex fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 3, 2022

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
It looks like Fallout: The Twin Stick Shooter, it looks fantastic :shrug:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Decision looks really cool. Would love to hear any thoughts if someone has played it.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
Project Zomboid sounds really interesting, but it sounds like walking a tightrope. One wrong step and its game over. Is it like that or is it more forgiving?

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Fortunately you can change a lot of the settings to make it more forgiving. I certainly have to, but I'm the guy who struggles in games on Easy mode anyway.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
By default getting bitten is basically the end of your Zomboid character, but you can turn off zombie infection entirely. Getting bitten is still pretty bad because the wound lingers for like an in-game week, but it essentially means single zombies won't be able to end your run unless they get a lucky neck/head wound in and you can't bandage in time. Getting caught by a horde will also end your life real quickly, so it's not like it kills all the tension.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Hubris is mostly what will take you down, as I know all too well. Losing zombies chasing you isn't super difficult, a walking speed outpaces them and once you have a chance to lose line of sight you can start running to be safe. Most bites are gonna happen from being cornered or messing up the timing/location of all the ones you're trying to hit with your weapon- and even then it's a dice roll of scratch (no problem), laceration (survivable), and bite (rip).

The only real change I made to my sandbox settings were zombie respawn times, so I didn't have to worry about an entire horde respawning outside my safe house every other day. Also worth noting that, "game over" means your current character (traits, skills), you can respawn as a new one and keep using your safe house and even find your old self as a zombie and killing them to get back whatever they still had one them.

Tweak fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 3, 2022

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
That sounds pretty perfect. I'll give it a try.

Thanks.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Travic posted:

Project Zomboid sounds really interesting, but it sounds like walking a tightrope. One wrong step and its game over. Is it like that or is it more forgiving?

It's well known for being unforgiving but fair. The rules are consistent. In multiplayer you can sometimes get screwed over if the server lags

When you die, you have to make a new character but everything else stays the same. So death isn't even that bad, you just spawn back in the same town and walk over to your base. Go kill your zombified previous character and loot your stuff. You won't have your old skills but mods let you restore those, if you want

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
When I know my character is boned I like to drop off all my vital equipment in the safe house if I'm able to and then rush out into a group.

It's fun to see how many zombies you can take out naked and unarmed.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

There is even a mod that will let you sit down and record your skills into a book which if you die another character you make can read and aim all that skill progression. Then you can go out find your dead character’s zombie and kill it to get your stuff back, minus whatever damage to the clothes the zombies devouring them or you (re)killing them did.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Zomboid has been revived largely by bringing back multiplayer and having a large modding community. On top of already having a surprising amount of depth built in, this game has a lot of good mods.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
Very cool. I'll probably try vanilla first then start adding mods as I go if the death mechanics are too much for me. Thanks.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

I want to say I saw a mod a few months back that provided you with more trait points over time at your next character creation, the idea being that if you're spawning back in the same world, it wouldn't be a day 0 character. I haven't been able to find it. :(

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Eventually I would consider doing a run with some map mods - a bunch of them all work together. They are nice for multiplayer servers once you've gone through Louisville etc. already.

E.g.:
- Fort Redstone: Huge military base
- Over the River: Adds a bunch of stuff beyond the river. Has a really highlight section where you fight across a boat to access it.
-Bedford Falls: Pretty vanilla mid to large town
- Raven Creek: Much harder very large city
- Slocan Lake: nice little rural area added
- Fort Knox: A medium size set of towns (based on the actual place)
- Eerie County: A really cool but less vanilla map, tons of places which recreate famous movie scenes subtly.

Also I would consider installing Eris minimap - it can be nice if you are using the new maps especially. You have to get some additions for them, but it will work.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

HelloSailorSign posted:

I want to say I saw a mod a few months back that provided you with more trait points over time at your next character creation, the idea being that if you're spawning back in the same world, it wouldn't be a day 0 character. I haven't been able to find it. :(
My friends have a policy where if they haven't gotten basic power/water set up, and don't have any VHS tapes hoarded, they'd rather just start the whole world over. Starting a brand new character in a world that's closer to water/power shutoff and also missing those early carpentry broadcasts makes the game harder in ways that matter, and they'd generally rather have the skills and prep time than a small stash of early items.

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015

Umbreon posted:

Could you post some beginner tips? This game is pretty neat but doesn't really tell you much of anything outside of whatever's in the survival handbook

I can try but I'm bad at giving tips hahah

Firstly, as you increase your skills in varies things you'll unlock more and more crafting recipes. It's a good idea to grind simple skills when you have the time to. You can make your first axe by taking the embers from a campfire and dropping them on a bundle of wood to burn a handle, then you need to combine it with a sharp rock.

A good starting camp is in the small forested area next to the beach, you get all the resources and safety of the beach but with a bit of shade and easier access to loose wood. Exploring deeper inland is useful but time-consuming as the transition from your camp to the jungle takes awhile, you can find bananas and other such forage there, tho be wary of boars. The wetlands have trees you can harvest for a kind of flour once you have an axe and are a source of snakegrass, which can be used as bug repellant and for fibers. You can also find water ponds there, which while unsafe for drinking, can be used in an emergency or boiled. Avoid both the grasslands and highlands till you are well equiped, cobras and lizards do not gently caress around.

Coconuts are extremely useful early on, both as a limited food/water source, and for crafting materials. Making a flask out of one should be a first priority. You'll want to have a decent supply of bowls from them for collecting rainwater early as well, tho they'll quickly evaporate so make sure to store the water properly if you have a method to do so.

Make shoes ASAP out of coconuts, once you have them you can more safely explore the rocky section of the beach, the jungle, and the mangroves. Keeping yourself covered is the best way to avoid incidental injuries.

The rocky beach section is where you can find infinite rocks, the occasional seagull corpse or nest, and urchins to eat (which will Destroy You if you step on them without shoes). You can find a cave there which will contain some fabric sheets you can break down for material, and a wreck you can dive in for some very useful materials (tarps for making rain catchers/evaporators, jerrycans for liquid storage) at HIGH RISK if you swimming skill is poor; make sure you can take a week or more to recover if you get hurt before you dive.

The mangroves are the closest source of mud to the beach, and are also a source of sugar wine by taking sap from the treenut things and letting it ferment, which can be used to get yourself drunk enough to do poo poo like wash your wounds with saltwater and such without having become mentally hardened yet. If your having trouble doing a thing because it's too scary for your dude in general, try getting drunk first. Do be carefull while exploring however as the mangroves are home to snakes and lizards, which will gently caress you up. Have shoes and preferably clothes.

Animal populations are finite and plant populations are semi-finite. Don't go ham and carve a swathe of destruction, think about sustainability. Tho murdering all the lizards generally isn't a bad move, it lets the bird populations skyrocket, prevents camp attacks by them, and boars provide all they do but better from hunting, but you then have to be really careful to not extinct the boars as well.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I remember a while ago, someone in the Steam thread posted about some game that was like minecraft but better, made by some group that made a big minecraft mod. Does anyone know what I'm talking about or is this a fever dream I had?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Valhelsia probably. This very thread has been talking about it on and off lately,.

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.
Vintage Story?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

ERrr yeah, that was the game I was thinking of, I'm not sure why I said Valhelsia... wait is that the modpack they made?

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hey, PZ question - for the radio station that's out in the boonies west of Riverside, does the big generator out in the compound actually function as a generator, or does it simply take up space? I just noticed it on the online map while perusing in my spare time, so I haven't been there ingame at this stage. (I'm still leaning towards the Muldraugh relay station as my base, but that radio station seems kinda cool)

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

The only generator vanilla that I know works is the portable one.

While I totally get the impetus to do a base way out in the boonies... it's frequently not that fun from a play standpoint imo. Heck, even the picnic area just outside West Point is a little far out for me. Though, if I would go way out there, I'd really settle next to a lake or a place that has a well.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

HelloSailorSign posted:

The only generator vanilla that I know works is the portable one.

While I totally get the impetus to do a base way out in the boonies... it's frequently not that fun from a play standpoint imo. Heck, even the picnic area just outside West Point is a little far out for me. Though, if I would go way out there, I'd really settle next to a lake or a place that has a well.

Yeah, true. I've got a more combat-oriented game going with a friend though, so I'd be playing this solo one more to see if I can go out and last through the winter, more than anything. Try and get a car, do supply runs to Muldraugh and maybe West Point or Rosewood for extra gear and building materials, then build up and forage in my spare time, kinda thing. (I agree though, about the lake. It's gonna be a pain without fish as a source of food. I'll have to farm, compost and forage a lot I guess)

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Don't discount trapping. If you can secure cabbage seeds, you can be absolutely flush with 2k-3k calorie rabbits daily (until winter) that is completely sustainable.

There's a trio of houses next to the river and a lake, one with high metal fences, out northwest of West Point that I'd take as an ideal out of town yet not completely cut off location.

Zosologist
Mar 30, 2007
Speaking of Vintage Story, does anyone have opinions on it? I've played my share of minecraft over the last decade and I'm interested in something a little more.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Jawnycat posted:

I can try but I'm bad at giving tips hahah

Firstly, as you increase your skills in varies things you'll unlock more and more crafting recipes. It's a good idea to grind simple skills when you have the time to. You can make your first axe by taking the embers from a campfire and dropping them on a bundle of wood to burn a handle, then you need to combine it with a sharp rock.

A good starting camp is in the small forested area next to the beach, you get all the resources and safety of the beach but with a bit of shade and easier access to loose wood. Exploring deeper inland is useful but time-consuming as the transition from your camp to the jungle takes awhile, you can find bananas and other such forage there, tho be wary of boars. The wetlands have trees you can harvest for a kind of flour once you have an axe and are a source of snakegrass, which can be used as bug repellant and for fibers. You can also find water ponds there, which while unsafe for drinking, can be used in an emergency or boiled. Avoid both the grasslands and highlands till you are well equiped, cobras and lizards do not gently caress around.

Coconuts are extremely useful early on, both as a limited food/water source, and for crafting materials. Making a flask out of one should be a first priority. You'll want to have a decent supply of bowls from them for collecting rainwater early as well, tho they'll quickly evaporate so make sure to store the water properly if you have a method to do so.

Make shoes ASAP out of coconuts, once you have them you can more safely explore the rocky section of the beach, the jungle, and the mangroves. Keeping yourself covered is the best way to avoid incidental injuries.

The rocky beach section is where you can find infinite rocks, the occasional seagull corpse or nest, and urchins to eat (which will Destroy You if you step on them without shoes). You can find a cave there which will contain some fabric sheets you can break down for material, and a wreck you can dive in for some very useful materials (tarps for making rain catchers/evaporators, jerrycans for liquid storage) at HIGH RISK if you swimming skill is poor; make sure you can take a week or more to recover if you get hurt before you dive.

The mangroves are the closest source of mud to the beach, and are also a source of sugar wine by taking sap from the treenut things and letting it ferment, which can be used to get yourself drunk enough to do poo poo like wash your wounds with saltwater and such without having become mentally hardened yet. If your having trouble doing a thing because it's too scary for your dude in general, try getting drunk first. Do be carefull while exploring however as the mangroves are home to snakes and lizards, which will gently caress you up. Have shoes and preferably clothes.

Animal populations are finite and plant populations are semi-finite. Don't go ham and carve a swathe of destruction, think about sustainability. Tho murdering all the lizards generally isn't a bad move, it lets the bird populations skyrocket, prevents camp attacks by them, and boars provide all they do but better from hunting, but you then have to be really careful to not extinct the boars as well.

By small forested area by the beach, do you mean the jungle outskirts? And what's a good way to grind skills? Just doing simple recipes over and over?

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015
Yeah, jungle outskirts. No time cost for traveling between it and the beach so it makes a great campsite. Not far enough inland that bugs are a problem, but no constant sunburn management from living directly on the beach. Living in the deeper jungle itself can be more convenient for a buncha stuff later when your more established however. Namely the soil fertility at the jungle outskirts is terrible so if you want to farm it's a bad spot.

And pretty much, though aim for doing useful crafts, you will need an insane amount of twine and the like for example, and you want to get tailoring up for those sweet sweet fabric sacks. For weapon skills, most basic weapons have a practice action you can use too. Can train swimming at the beach, climbing on a palm tree (use a rope for a success boost/injury mitigation), make plenty of aloe gel to use as sunscreen/antiseptic/-emergency- food/water and increase your herbology skill.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I've been looking for people to play some survival coop games with. There a discord for this thread, or a good one you can recommend?

Zosologist posted:

Speaking of Vintage Story, does anyone have opinions on it? I've played my share of minecraft over the last decade and I'm interested in something a little more.

Been looking to try this one myself.

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015
Vintage Story is fantastic, a very strong recommend, double since it has a healthy but small modding community too, so things can be more tweaked to ones liking. Only downsides to it is allot of tedium when it comes to making certain stuff in bulk, bad numbers when it comes to certain item durability (armour mainly) and iffy combat: hunting and animal combat is fine but the main antagonistic monsters currently suck.

Also persistent food spoilage and long seasons can make multiplayer a bit... unno, lowkey stressful? On a private friends server at least I always felt bad if I was playing entirely on my own since I was actively making everyone's larder rot and robbing them of notwintertime.

piano chimp
Feb 2, 2008

ye

A Sometimes Food posted:

I've been looking for people to play some survival coop games with. There a discord for this thread, or a good one you can recommend?

The three Discords I've seen recommended for general coop shenanigans are Serious Overchill, Co-op Goons and Marvelous Pro Elite Gaming Society.

None have a specific focus on survival but there's plenty of people from all timezones who might be up for a game.

e: has anyone tried Vintage Story on the Steam Deck? Seems like it could be relaxing when travelling. Found this cool guide to set it up. It sounds like it should run ok since it has a Linux distributable.

piano chimp fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Aug 4, 2022

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Travic posted:

The base PZ game without changing any settings, or even cranking them up, can be pretty unforgiving if you make a small mistake or get unlucky, but then again I only play a little bit every once in a while, so I never really take the time to "get good". However...

Travic posted:

Very cool. I'll probably try vanilla first then start adding mods as I go if the death mechanics are too much for me. Thanks.

You don't even have to do "mods" if you don't want to. As a person who hates tracking down a bunch of mods then managing them, or those so called "must have" mods, Zomboid is super customizable right out of the box by just fiddling with the settings right in the regular menus. You could set up anything from "the first time you open your door you get swarmed and die 3 seconds into the game impossible" to "there aren't even any zombies at all, and you just walk around a town full of more food and gear laying around than your character can use". I'm not saying there aren't good mods out there, I'm just saying that huge range of difficulty is possible with the base game.

For instance, as someone who doesn't play often enough to get very good, I decided I wanted to make a lower stress easy game so I could just explore a bit and feel relatively safe, because I like exploring. I turned off infection, turned off the fast and the tough zombies, turned down their starting numbers and respawn rates, cranked up supplies laying around, made the power and water say on longer, and gave my character some extra skill points to spend and a starter kit from the get-go. Honestly, I probably made it too easy, but since the goal was to make a game where "I walk around and explore while occasionally bashing a zombies head in now and then" it worked pretty well, and that's all with no mods.

piano chimp
Feb 2, 2008

ye

I much prefer playing Zomboid without infection since it makes First Aid actually useful and fun. Dealing with deep wounds makes for quite tense gameplay if you're stuck in the middle of a city, for example. You still have to deal with regular infections if you're not careful.

I also play with population on low and respawns off cos I'm bad and like to be able to fully clear an area to make it safe. Even on low pop, places like Louisville and West Point can get pretty crazy.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Yeah to be clear, I usually don't nerf Zomboid down as much as the game I recently made that I mentioned above. Those tense moments where things get a bit panicky are a blast, but I just wanted to cruise around and explore for a change, maybe scout some places out for future games without extra high threats being a super common thing. However, taking a wrong turn or having an alarm going off bringing in all the zombies around still can create those moments occasionally even with those settings, but it feels more manageable.

I think like piano chimp said above, and many others have said before, turning off infection is more common than not for most people, because that unlucky bite to the neck from behind that you didn't see coming while you were fighting off a few in front of you or a similar situation feels like too brutal of a random death sentence.

Even story wise it can make sense if that matters to you as you can imagine that the whole reason your character survived the outbreak is you are one of the "immune ones" from the infection, but in no way does that make you some sort of invincible superman. Droves of violent zombie attackers, looking for food and shelter, and plenty of other things are still a lot to deal with for survival in the apocalypse.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Zosologist posted:

Vintage story is absolutely worth it. There's not as much game there as there could be, but the systems in place for crafting are quite interesting and engaging. Mining is very difficult, but once you actually find metal you're good for metal for a long time. If you're into minecraft, enjoy terrafirmacraft, sevtech, or RLcraft I'd recommend grabbing it.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
My current Zomboid run is set to only become a zombie through saliva. I also have it set to only shamblers with low vision, hearing, and no memory. But I set their spawn rate to high.

You'd think for as dumb as they are they wouldn't be a threat but ho man there is so many of them. It's actually a lot of fun because you can still nope out if it becomes too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
I've been playing Survivalist: Invisible Strain off and on the last couple days and think it's pretty neat
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1054510/Survivalist_Invisible_Strain/

Pretty difficult depending on what sort of zombies you go up against, and what communities of people you find but it has the base building, scavenging, crafting, farming, all the standard zombie survival stuff in it. I'm still trying to figure it out, but my current community is living out of a Kwik Mart and I'm slowly making a fence around it. Still trying to find a stable food source though.

Also works great on the steam deck.