Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: slave to my cravings)

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah I mean Cum Town fans are embarrassing, Legion of Skanks fans would actually get Stav to kill himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i actually like legion of skanks :(

but anyways, new TAFS ep is out, and they have a greenscreen allegedly

no video yet.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
isn't it funny when people hate their own fans who are not at all like them in most ways

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
How did Adam get so bad between last episode and this episode

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Yeah lol I hadn’t even considered how cruel the twitch chat can be. to be fair I didnt ever see the cum town subreddit, but like hasan’s chat/hate watchers who just tweet awful poo poo to him/other twitch streamers who literally just stream themselves hate watching hasan’s stream/etc. must be so much worse than the cum town subreddit just repeating nick’s jokes or whatever … and judging by Stav’s thumbnails on his tik Toks or whatever and the YouTube crowd work stuff, if he started a podcast or streamed regularly doing stuff like that, and started doing more stuff with bigger comics/streamers like Bert kreischer, Ari Shaffir, andrew Santino, Chris distefano and Andrew schulz, who all had Stav on their respective podcasts in the last month he could easily become one of Redbar’s Fools (I’m honestly not trying to sneakily bring up Redbar, there’s a Redbar thread now and the joke isn’t funny anymore, but all of those guys get poo poo on by Mike David on like a weekly basis, and I was just imagining what would happen if Redbar made fun of Stav every now and then), like if Nick’s relatively tame fat jokes got Stav that worked up, Redbar would probably make Stav just log off of the internet for good.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Aug 4, 2022

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
He does stream with Hasan sometimes as well, so maybe Hasan is helping out?

https://youtu.be/pnNCVCzKmQE

If and when he does stream though I'll need to figure out some better ways to call him Albanian.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Sunk Dunk posted:

How did Adam get so bad between last episode and this episode
nick telling him he was both sincere and full of poo poo when he says producer things

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

yeah like in terms of fanbases cumtown is probably on average pretty easy to deal with relative to most. like your worst fringe cases are the really pathetic openly parasocial dweebs and the outright nazis, and those don't make up that much of the fanbase compared to your average internet thing where they usually make up collectively like, the whole group.

stav is going to get wrecked by an audience that doesn't even bother keeping up any pretense of ironic distance about their interactions with him

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

loling at the idea of stav going the way of the McElroy bros and endlessly apologizing about the most pointless woke scold stuff

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If you’re digging Soder in this episode you should really consider subbing to the free Bonfire podcast because this is what he’s like every episode, he’s like an unstoppable riff machine and he’s one of the best voice guys in comedy. Big Jay is like Jabba the Hutt, just plodding through the episodes with occasionally funny points but it’s Dan that really pops the show into top gear.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
That's why I don't listen to The Bonfire on the reg, because Big Jay isn't good enough and they get kinda into the same topics over and over.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
They haven’t gotten obsessed with a musical freak in a while, that’s where they really shine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2HJuzjbTDE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aUDI_IcLXs

These videos are hilarious watches, IMO, and of course there’s literally weeks of Feldman content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvFSrIcYXhE

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXCWcaoIp52y7LF5wZIcGG2RMpei7RhAm

CoolRanch
Apr 5, 2019
Nick is definitely alluding to Stav this episode, specifically bringing up crowd work and “2.9 million views”

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Does stav have notably cool shoes

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

evilpicard posted:

Does stav have notably cool shoes

say what you will about the rest of his on-stage appearance but if it's being taped he's got new shoes

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Bust Rodd posted:

They haven’t gotten obsessed with a musical freak in a while, that’s where they really shine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2HJuzjbTDE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aUDI_IcLXs

These videos are hilarious watches, IMO, and of course there’s literally weeks of Feldman content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvFSrIcYXhE

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXCWcaoIp52y7LF5wZIcGG2RMpei7RhAm

I think it was the bonfire where they got interested in some girl on YouTube who was like going to see Dave Coulier and legitimately excited about it. It was making me laugh real hard.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Are the crowd work audience members plants?

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Let's go even further- is it possible he paid for fake views on YT??

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Futanari Damacy posted:

Let's go even further- is it possible he paid for fake views on YT??

those view counts are consistently way too high for a channel with 400k subs

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
The monologues for TAFS are hilarious. I’d like to hear/see him do one really polished and late night talk show host-like

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Sphyre posted:

those view counts are consistently way too high for a channel with 400k subs

nah he's doing what he's supposed to do with the algo. i bet he shows up on all sorts of randos' recs

problem is youtube pays like absolute dogshit unless you're a streamer with a contract. someone said $5000 per million views and i think that sounds about right

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Social Media posted:

say what you will about the rest of his on-stage appearance but if it's being taped he's got new shoes

I mean I'm sure with all that weight on those shoes, that isn't by choice.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

i say swears online posted:

he pulled between 300-600 viewers per stream. it's not big money but plently of people make a living off those numbers at ten hours a day six days a week for months on end

if he put in the work and maintained a 500 viewer channel and fully monetized things with ads and sponsors i'm pretty sure that's a 150-200k/year gig

Lol if you are right with those numbers, that is sooo much work compared to cumtown for less money. Lmao

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

i'm a stav standup defender but it all seems like garden variety crowd work, not nearly good enough to be staged

"what do you do? software developer? yeah you look like one"

stump collector
May 28, 2007
stav yelling "turn on your monitor"

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

sponges posted:

Stav sorta alluded to cumtown fans being psychos as the reason he quit

Don’t blame him. That subreddit was full of crazies

Nothing will beat the German guy snorting heroin for Adam

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
so no video or what

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

he lost the sd card on the subway

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I wish the yes ma’am guys came up more often

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Rorobb posted:

Lol if you are right with those numbers, that is sooo much work compared to cumtown for less money. Lmao

it really is. the worst part is that cum town had no forced fan interaction, but profusely thanking donos two bucks at a time is your bread and butter as a streamer. it's a psychotic life

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

you also have to be psychotic to give someone $15 so they read your comment quickly and dismissively before getting back to whatever they’re doing

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Adam is so bad at reading out loud haha

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

i say swears online posted:

nah he's doing what he's supposed to do with the algo. i bet he shows up on all sorts of randos' recs

problem is youtube pays like absolute dogshit unless you're a streamer with a contract. someone said $5000 per million views and i think that sounds about right

5k per million views is pretty generous. Plenty of YouTubers make less than 1000$ on million views videos.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

it’s more like $1-2k per million views. stav quit his $25k/month do-nothing job to make $6k tops on shooting a $40k special so he could then take the rest of the year off and not build on its momentum

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

why does this thread talk about stav so much?

hes not even a part of the show anymore

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Stav was a big part (as in fat) of the show since the beginning. It’s only natural people would want to talk about him. Also we’re still processing him breaking up with us.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

doesngtreally seem like your business you backseat bitch

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

The_Rob posted:

Stav was a big part (as in fat) of the show since the beginning. It’s only natural people would want to talk about him. Also we’re still processing him breaking up with us.

wrong. he has never been on the adam friedland show

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

wrong. he has never been on the adam friedland show

You son of a bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Sunk Dunk posted: