Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emo-ignorance
Jun 12, 2020

Tbh I have a couple of friends who got sent to those schools and their parents were just desperate, naïve, and didn’t understand what they were doing. I googled one of the ones my friend went to and there’s really no indication online that anything shady was going on there.

That being said, would I send my kid someplace where they explicitly couldn’t contact me? gently caress no. No regular camping either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

emo-ignorance posted:

No regular camping either

lol

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I can understand being desperate enough to try anything, I’m not the parent of a troubled teen and really have no idea how I’d try to cope with it, but the indication is “a program for troubled teens in the remote wilderness”, like if that doesn’t set off gigantic alarm bells in your head then IDFK what to tell ya. I wonder what these parents expect the results to be… a good kid? A sober kid? A kid who comes home from prison-summer school in the desert and is suddenly really into school and church? It’s like trying to read a book in a language I don’t speak and have never heard of.

Congo Park episodes slaps but is also insanely dire and horrific.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

gladio 2 baby!!

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

not much of a drop because he talked about it extensively in an episode about the "troubled teen" industry (and also Paris Hilton)

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

TenementFunster posted:

being the first place in the US with legal weed really did a number on this place, and the delayed effects have really hit hard in the past few years.

my gf is about to drag me to CA or HI for school so it’ll be someone else’s problem soon.

Seconding wanting to hear more about this. What's the deal?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Dr.Radical posted:

Colorado has been gradually shifting from cool to annoying since 2014 or so

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I remember visiting Colorado maybe 6 months after weed became legal and my buddy who I was visiting said that traffic and general public errands like groceries etc had become markedly more annoying and silly as people more frequently started just forgetting what they were doing, sometimes in the middle of a highway intersection. I saw a ton of people driving around with passenger doors swinging open or trunks just popped and bobbing, extremely funny.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
got my bush did 9/11 hat today

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I love these old timer guests that show up.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Nick Bryant is good and you should all read his book.

Divot
Dec 23, 2013
Yeah that was an A+ episode loved it will be reading The Franklin Scandal

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Dr.Radical posted:

more about what? denver was the first place in the US with widespread legal weed stores in 2013. a shitload of Weed People moved here so they could smoke more weed. not only do a lot of really terrible people really love weed enough to move somewhere, but it spurred a ton of expensive (and only expensive) development. suddenly, previously less-expensive places are now expensive. so now the only people who can live/move here are rich people who really love weed, the most boring drug. it’s a lot of salesforce dickheads and ancap programmer idiots.

Bust Rodd posted:

I remember visiting Colorado maybe 6 months after weed became legal and my buddy who I was visiting said that traffic and general public errands like groceries etc had become markedly more annoying and silly as people more frequently started just forgetting what they were doing, sometimes in the middle of a highway intersection. I saw a ton of people driving around with passenger doors swinging open or trunks just popped and bobbing, extremely funny.
2013-2015 was especially funny because a lot of big concerts got ruined when the headliner got way too high backstage off some mad scientist poo poo before they went on. ellie goulding’s 2013 red rocks show was the most hilarious example of a clearly-panicking woman trying to get off the stage as fast as possible.

the second funniest example was the maureen dowd edible article

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Aug 4, 2022

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
in short, Metal Gear Rising: Revengence was prophecy

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Weed is the best drug but other than that correct

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The best drug is going to fight ISIS then unionize a microbrewery in your hometown

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

selec posted:

it’s the best drug if you’re boring

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

selec posted:

"Best" and "most boring" are not mutually exclusive

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

TenementFunster posted:

in short, Metal Gear Rising: Revengence was prophecy

yes but also Vanquish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLPkSVJxxE8

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

exorciated

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ex-Core-Ee-ate-ed

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

TenementFunster posted:

more about what? denver was the first place in the US with widespread legal weed stores in 2013. a shitload of Weed People moved here so they could smoke more weed. not only do a lot of really terrible people really love weed enough to move somewhere, but it spurred a ton of expensive (and only expensive) development. suddenly, previously less-expensive places are now expensive. so now the only people who can live/move here are rich people who really love weed, the most boring drug. it’s a lot of salesforce dickheads and ancap programmer idiots.

2013-2015 was especially funny because a lot of big concerts got ruined when the headliner got way too high backstage off some mad scientist poo poo before they went on. ellie goulding’s 2013 red rocks show was the most hilarious example of a clearly-panicking woman trying to get off the stage as fast as possible.

the second funniest example was the maureen dowd edible article

Lol why did you say “more about what?” and then proceed to explain exactly what I was asking about?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Dr.Radical posted:

Lol why did you say “more about what?” and then proceed to explain exactly what I was asking about?

It's a Denver thing

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Their brains are cooked because they are a mile closer to the sun

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i was up at 9000 a week ago and felt like i could run a marathon back home. altitude rules

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/la_meme_young/status/1556323063783899136?s=21&t=jM6l6WjlH68g9-pFJH6Udw

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

step one: buy a braided leather belt for every day of the week

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
New trueanon is really good

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
it's.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
little light bulb above my head when the guy said that social media apps sucking the humanity out of people is the real adrenochrome

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Gone Fashing posted:

little light bulb above my head when the guy said that social media apps sucking the humanity out of people is the real adrenochrome

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Gone Fashing posted:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Gone Fashing posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X6SQBNjymo

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

lol

emo-ignorance
Jun 12, 2020

edit: nvm

emo-ignorance fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Aug 24, 2022

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/HuntClancy/status/1561553184799133696?s=20&t=2P72ME3uDSTNY6VdvyUhDw

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Didn't they get caught shooting illegal guns on cocaine in the basement?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

War and Pieces posted:

Didn't they get caught shooting illegal guns on cocaine in the basement?
its called “after care” and it’s an important part of affirmative consent

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

The new True Anon series is out with ep 1 and it’s real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

drat, poo poo's heavy