Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Imagine having enough time to actually rewatch anything with the firehose of new shows we have now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/nash076/status/1555024402835963904?s=21&t=Mf_t-KORqvHw2DfEdOeimA

Hmmmm

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

withak posted:

:lol: if you didn’t diligently follow around all of the private :filez: offshoots for the last 10 years or so for just this eventuality.

10 years? I'm pretty sure the files forums shut down right after I signed up nearly 20 years ago holy poo poo I'm old

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Medullah posted:

10 years? I'm pretty sure the files forums shut down right after I signed up nearly 20 years ago holy poo poo I'm old

That was a :regd04: thing. I remember finally signing up for the forums after lurking forever, with no idea the file forums even existed, and getting lumped in with the people that were signing up just for :filez: right before it all imploded. I think they were gone in December 04?

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Usenet still exists, and is Apple level easy once you get it running. OP is out of date, but still has some good information to get started.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3409898

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

smackfu posted:

Imagine having enough time to actually rewatch anything with the firehose of new shows we have now.
This is how I always feel with books, there's a lot of stuff I really really wanna revisit but I'm also just adding like 100 new books a month lmao

mystes
May 31, 2006

The Modern Leper posted:

Usenet still exists, and is Apple level easy once you get it running. OP is out of date, but still has some good information to get started.

Usenet was nice when you could just go download anything, including extremely obscure stuff for it, as long as it had been posted at least once in the last 10 years. It's a lot more obnoxious now that you need to have a program constantly monitoring for stuff to be reposted before it gets taken down.

If you're not that picky about video quality it's probably easier in 2022 to just go to one of the zillions of illegal streaming sites (and if you want to watch the content elsewhere, use a browser extension or something to download the video).

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

This is how I always feel with books, there's a lot of stuff I really really wanna revisit but I'm also just adding like 100 new books a month lmao

Films are easiest (well, easiest after music) for me because they’re almost always done in under three hours. I don’t remember one book or game I finished in quicker than a day or two, and even that was rare; it’s part of why I don’t game anymore, I still read but it’s definitely not as much/as often because of how much I want to be reading but it would take so much longer and in that time I could see a decent amount of films or a few shows on my watchlist

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yes, movies are the best form of both art and storytelling, correct.

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

A MIRACLE posted:

all my good tv torrent sites are long dead and im stuck googling "which Pirate Bay is the real one" like a fuckin boomer these days

Better to ask Bing, Google gives lovely answers to torrent related questions.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
They are having Beavis and Butthead react to cringe TikToks lol

Bring back the music videos.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

People do fastidiously archive and distribute streaming media. Make your own drat physical copy if you want one.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

A MIRACLE posted:

all my good tv torrent sites are long dead and im stuck googling "which Pirate Bay is the real one" like a fuckin boomer these days

bro just google "thepiratebay", the real one will always be the first result

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

precision posted:

bro just google "thepiratebay", the real one will always be the first result

Not for me, it's one of the proxies

The real domain is "thepiratebay.org" but it might be filtered on DNS level by your ISP. Works with Google's DNS (8.8.8.8) though.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Get an Android stick from Walmart for like $20 and throw syncler on it and you are good to go.

There are some possible extra costs to make it better. Real debrid subscription, trakt subscription, but once you got it setup it's pretty much Netflix with everything you could ever think of. 4k, no buffering, loads fast. Pretty amazing honestly.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I have no idea what you're talking about, and now I'm frightened and confused. Do you have a nephew who could do it for me?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ymgve posted:

Not for me, it's one of the proxies

The real domain is "thepiratebay.org" but it might be filtered on DNS level by your ISP. Works with Google's DNS (8.8.8.8) though.

i guess maybe i've visited the site so often it knows to put it up top for me lmao

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Part of me is hoping all these current streaming services will just implode, which will give room for more focused streaming services like Shudder to pick up the rights for a bunch of content for a low price.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm awake, no more pirating tips n tricks

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm awake, no more pirating tips n tricks

But how are people going to know to wear an eyepatch, so they can see better in the dark?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Sorry, Our Flag Means Death being (super likely) canceled means no more pirate fun for anyone :colbert:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

IShallRiseAgain posted:

But how are people going to know to wear an eyepatch, so they can see better in the dark?

There's a cosplay thread somewhere on the forums!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
The "all digital" future was always going to be poo poo, folks.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I mean yeah consumers are pissed but Warner's is burning a ton of goodwill with creators. I know they only want to do DC tentpoles but will anyone capable of doing that actually be willing to work with them after this week?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm doing my best to buy physical over here. Just please let the price of 4K discs drop soon...

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Peaky Blinders has become painful to watch now that every episode is a series of music videos set to music I don't like, plus the teeth-grinding aggravation of knowing that nobody is going to put a bullet in Oswald Moseley.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

IShallRiseAgain posted:

and where can i get a reliable parrot??

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
It was just announced that a bunch of Chip and Joana Gaines content is being added to HBOMax. No way they kill off the service entirely.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

The "all digital" future was always going to be poo poo, folks.

Yea it's the inevitable outcome of the content wars where like three companies ended up owning everything because they wanted to dominate the streaming landscape. Eventually somebody was gonna be running one of those companies who thinks "you know what? People don't really care about old movies or scripted shows, let's throw all that crap back in the vault".

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
When Netflix became a big thing, I predicted that one or two companies would just absorb everything and put everything on streaming. Instead there are a dozen different overpriced networks that don't maintain a back catalogue at all.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

feedmyleg posted:

Sorry, Our Flag Means Death being (super likely) canceled means no more pirate fun for anyone :colbert:

They just announced yesterday they're about to start production.

They just seem to be cutting Max Original content, if something is making money they might just move it over to HBO proper.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

The Modern Leper posted:

Yeah, but it costs more than a VPN and the level of difficulty to get it running is higher.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
The first two episodes of the new Beavis and Butthead dropped today.

First half of episode 1 was kinda weak. The rest was really good. I was laughing pretty hard at them riffing on an ASMR video.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Halloween Jack posted:

When Netflix became a big thing, I predicted that one or two companies would just absorb everything and put everything on streaming. Instead there are a dozen different overpriced networks that don't maintain a back catalogue at all.

I still think this might be a thing. My honest prediction is it ends up like Video Games, with EA/Ubi/Microsoft being played by Disney/Discovery/Netflix and Shudder and poo poo playing the role of indies.

The real fun part is when they get sick of "just" a monthly subscription fee and start really cranking the monetization wheel. Don't know how they'll get lootboxes on Netflix but I'm sure they'll find a way!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

If you want truly braindead pirating just get an Nvidia shield pro (absolutely owns) + Kodi + realdebrid

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
bae: come over

me: can't, fabricating rooms for confronting fears

bae: I crashed my scion tc at 100mph

me:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Nightmare Cinema posted:

bae: come over

me: can't, fabricating rooms for confronting fears

bae: I crashed my scion tc at 100mph

me:

Oh, okay

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Halloween Jack posted:

The Netflix disc service might be the best resource of physical copies of movies at this point

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Halloween Jack posted:

Or you have WoW Presents Plus (the production company behind RuPaul's Drag Race and Million Dollar Listing), where for $5 a month, not only do you get access to international editions of Drag Race, but also all of their youtube content that is already free to watch on youtube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Google Butt posted:

If you want truly braindead pirating just get an Nvidia shield pro (absolutely owns) + Kodi + realdebrid
I'm going to say that, no, using the software with the world's worst interface with a confusing assortment of shady plugins and services that require subscriptions that probably require constant janitoring is not actually so easy as to be "braindead."