Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

well that's what i mean, if you take away the music mechanic you could just be playing any old roguelike

necrodancer doesn't play like other roguelikes even without the rhythm component. learning enemy attack patterns lets you dodge all hits in a way that doesn't match up with games like nethack or rogue at all. if anything it's a roguelike interpretation of fromsoft combat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i thought real hard about if that was to sophist to post but i've decided to go all in. crypt of the necrodancer is exactly the same thing as elden ring

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

There's not enough block repost block repost circlestrafe backstab block repost repeat ad nauseum for it to be a fromsoft game.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i respect the power of the just post mentality

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Hwurmp posted:

Aside from color mix, board members should also have a good balance between high Persuasiveness(offense) and low Command Cost. High Tenacity(HP) can be nice, but if you do well you won't need it. Use Auto-Care on everyone before starting the meeting. Pick the shareholder whose temper is rising fastest, and wait for them to almost be fully pissed off before answering--draw it out as much as possible to build up your Command Points and Apology.

One thing to watch out for is that after you break a shareholder's question, the color you want to hammer on for bonus damage can sometimes be different.

Thanks for the tips! Once I realized that the colors on the speech bubble and the actual shareholder are different, it started making a lot more sense... although I have to keep a post-it note with the right color combos near the monitor and keep pausing the game to make the right calls.

I think I'd need some more good employees. I've made it to rank 50 or so by basically with just one person manning each business. I've got an old lady, a chicken, an ex-baseball player and a 10-year old child. Most of the recruits the game offers seem very mediocre and I don't think hiring them gives enough boost to justify their salary or investing in them. Past rank 50 it gets harder and there's a lot more people in the board meetings.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Is Sims 4 base game worth it? I played it a long time ago and remember disliking the aging system. I see there are a million DLCs but for $5 I'm tempted to just pick up the base game and give it another shot.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Desktop Dungeons is getting a 3d remake:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1976950/Desktop_Dungeons_Rewind/

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

this is shocking. qcf designs has been radio silent for five years, and according to blog posts the entire team had gone their separate ways. i guess this is a reunion tour?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

wait how does the 8 player multiplayer work

i mentioned the dlc added multiplayer co-op to my friends and now they all grabbed it since it's on sale for ~$13 bucks for everything sans soundtracks as a potential game night candidate and i blame you people

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Popete posted:

Is Sims 4 base game worth it? I played it a long time ago and remember disliking the aging system. I see there are a million DLCs but for $5 I'm tempted to just pick up the base game and give it another shot.

It's ok. There are lots of mods if you want to add stuff.

I own all the dlc so you can ask what's worth buying down the line.

Also LGR videos has alot dlc reviews

https://youtu.be/AEi9FFZhqn0

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

fit em all up in there posted:

It's ok. There are lots of mods if you want to add stuff.

I own all the dlc so you can ask what's worth buying down the line.

Also LGR videos has alot dlc reviews

https://youtu.be/AEi9FFZhqn0

Well I was hoping I'd get enough out of the base game but is it a case where you basically have to buy some DLC?

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Popete posted:

Well I was hoping I'd get enough out of the base game but is it a case where you basically have to buy some DLC?
It is fun by itself. I played without dlc for about 4 or 5 months base game before I bought any dlc.
Depends on what you want really if you do decide to buy dlc. I only have it all because I waited for sales and the like.

Like I said on pc you got mods and addons to use that dont cost anything.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Saw the announcement and wondered why the hell they would ruin the one screen nature of the game. But the original is still great, as was the alpha and beta before it.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

That's going to be a day 1 purchase for me. Love that game

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

So many things are explained by this error.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh poo poo

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

TeaJay posted:

Thanks for the tips! Once I realized that the colors on the speech bubble and the actual shareholder are different, it started making a lot more sense... although I have to keep a post-it note with the right color combos near the monitor and keep pausing the game to make the right calls.

I think I'd need some more good employees. I've made it to rank 50 or so by basically with just one person manning each business. I've got an old lady, a chicken, an ex-baseball player and a 10-year old child. Most of the recruits the game offers seem very mediocre and I don't think hiring them gives enough boost to justify their salary or investing in them. Past rank 50 it gets harder and there's a lot more people in the board meetings.

The best employees come from substories, or from paying real money to have bullshit OP main character employees.

The color triangle is always in the lower left corner: red > green > blue > red. It miiight? help to think of them as Pokemon or Digimon elements: Fire beats Plant beats Water beats Fire.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

So many things are explained by this error.

...i didn't even notice that that didn't say "riposte" in his post until you said that :eng99:

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Popete posted:

I would say it's absolutely worth five bucks for the base game and you don't need any dlc to just boot it up every so often and make a weird love triangle or design a good/bad house or power game a single lonely man in an empty house to become the greatest hacker/artist/writer/chess grandmaster the world has ever seen. It's fun. Also, aging is entirely optional, you can slow it down or turn it off with in game options.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

This was finally the month that got me to stop skipping or forgetting about it and actually cancel Humble Monthly.

It's not entirely their fault since there are just so many ways to get cheap bundles of old AAA or indie games these days. Game pass is also about the same price and while you don't get to 'keep' the games it is such an absurd pile of gaming anytime I feel the particular need for it.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/sam101chap/status/1554899403445608448

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
rune factory 5 is just worse in every way then four, huh

v tragic

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Gamerofthegame posted:

v tragic

You can swap crafting menus more efficiently in 5, and add all your fodder and material stone/lumber to the bin at once rather than stack by stack. And character events are on the minimap whereas in 4 you have to hunt around for them.

But yeah 4 is a better game by leaps and bounds. 5 was such a disappointment.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Citizen Sleeper is great. Very simple gameplay mechanics but the story/atmosphere/prose is so well done.

Highly recommend it if you like narrative games with interesting characters.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Gamerofthegame posted:

v tragic

hey, at least it runs above 15 fps on pc, buying the switch version of that game is genuinely one of the worst game purchases i've made in years.

im hoping Harvestella will be good

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Spent the evening playing Zero Sievert, one of the game Demos in the Survival Fest. Its basically a hybrid of STALKER and Escape from Tarkov with a top-down action-shooter perspective. It very much follows its apparent inspirations, combat is pretty lethal at first with you having crappy guns and almost no armor. But after a few hours I was able to save enough money to buy a decent suit of armor (which looks basically like a Sunrise suit from Stalker) and find/buy some decent guns and mods for them and I'm having a lot more success and surviving most raids. I'm quite enjoying it and will probably pick it up when it comes out whenever. Demo is out for a week or so, anyone who enjoys Stalker and/or Tarkov should give it a try.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLIKgOZXv10

Clip from one of my last raids of the evening:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt8_IE92VMg

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Since a bunch of posters have gaslit me into thinking that Deathloop actually has more depth than it appears I gave in and have now actually played it for 6-ish hours.
The levels are pretty gorgeous, the whole loop setup is interesting, and the banter between the two main characters is probably the best part of the game. It's just shame that the gameplay itself is very very dull (and the terrible PC performance isn't helping the experience either).
The game turned out to be exactly what it seemed from gameplay videos. No, it's not an immersive sim, like some people are saying, and no it's not a Hitman-like game, like some moron journalists were claiming, It's just Dishonored 0.5: Majora's Mask.

Total waste of time.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Aug 5, 2022

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It's okay to have a different opinion to other people. They're not gaslighting you.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

No, everyone should have my opinion

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
To be fair, Deathloop probably wouldn't get quite as much attention as it did if other immersive sims were still being made. As it is, I guess we're glad for each crumb.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

My one major complaint about Deathloop (aside from the ending being underwhelming in general) is the fact that there is one objectively correct route that allows you to take out every visionary with no deviations possible. I liked the game a lot, but other potential paths that allow you to take out the visionaries in different ways would have improved it heavily.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

anilEhilated posted:

To be fair, Deathloop probably wouldn't get quite as much attention as it did if other immersive sims were still being made. As it is, I guess we're glad for each crumb.

For all it's massive warts and non-existent budget Weird West, created by a bunch of people that left Arkane, made a much more successful attempt at being an immersive sim compared to Deathloop.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

My one major complaint about Deathloop (aside from the ending being underwhelming in general) is the fact that there is one objectively correct route that allows you to take out every visionary with no deviations possible. I liked the game a lot, but other potential paths that allow you to take out the visionaries in different ways would have improved it heavily.

Does the game even ever makes you figure any of it out on your own? Because from what I've seen in 6 hours, it just gives you waypoints for collecting codes until you have enough of them to activate the winning route.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Why does there seem to be a copy pasted Steam review on every game about how this particular game brought me closer to my son because I'm an old fart blah blah blah. It's the same text but it's always different users posting them.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

People trying to farm... steam store points?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jack Trades posted:

For all it's massive warts and non-existent budget Weird West, created by a bunch of people that left Arkane, made a much more successful attempt at being an immersive sim compared to Deathloop.

Have the bugs been patched out of that? I was interested in getting it but heard it was a real buggy mess when it first came out.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Have the bugs been patched out of that? I was interested in getting it but heard it was a real buggy mess when it first came out.

They have had several big patches since launch. It should be fairly bug-free now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thanks, will look out for the next sale.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Why does there seem to be a copy pasted Steam review on every game about how this particular game brought me closer to my son because I'm an old fart blah blah blah. It's the same text but it's always different users posting them.

Have you heard of the concept of a "meme"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Kilroy was here