Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I dunno about you guys but I always pick the nopon coin reward for overworld conflicts

same 100%. theres always more exp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I dunno about you guys but I always pick the nopon coin reward for overworld conflicts

same. seems crazy to go for like 300 exp or whatever over the coins

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Love the casual reveal in the opening cutscenes if ch 3 that the commander's are also Mecha pilots controlling robots the size of mountains

It's gonna take me a year to finish this game lol

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I've hit a point where I can't have an even spread of roles and I have to double up on classes to make sure everyone is gaining ranks. Got 3 attackers so I'm having a Hero character take some of the tanking burden.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Mid-chapter 3 spoilers just in case: Some Android 16 poo poo just happened. Had to stop playing at that point, but looking forward to expanding a new colony.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

What's the crafting like in this? I fuckin' love crafting.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fortaleza posted:

What's the crafting like in this? I fuckin' love crafting.

there isnt much. you craft gems that give set bonuses in a secondary accessory slot and you can cook to get set bonuses at rest sites

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

When you get the purple quality Elegant Ansel Feather when you need the yellow quality Elegant Ansel Feather to craft your gem:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kongming posted:

When you get the purple quality Elegant Ansel Feather when you need the yellow quality Elegant Ansel Feather to craft your gem:

lmao

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Kongming posted:

Lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

ear that, noah? lanz wonts somfink a bit meteor!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

being led to believe that sena is the girl with the gall

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

being led to believe that sena is the girl with the gall

Many people are saying this.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

chapters 4 and 5 knocking my socks off. good lord.

lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dealing a million+ damage on a combo is a Goomba stomp for sure

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I can't believe I'm playing XBC1 instead of this

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Picked this up last night its loving awesome. I'm really bad about finishing JRPGS but I saw XBC2 all the way through and enjoyed it, and this seems so much better

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I can't believe I'm playing XBC1 instead of this

I'll probably still be playing it when you start

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Man don't sleep on the sprint/dodge move in battle (press down on R stick), it makes positioning so much easier

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Man don't sleep on the sprint/dodge move in battle (press down on R stick), it makes positioning so much easier

poo poo i didn't even think of that, just got real annoyed whenever I fight apsars

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fungah! posted:

poo poo i didn't even think of that, just got real annoyed whenever I fight apsars

it changed the jaguar class into a glass cannon, it's so much fun now

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

man, this game kicks absolute fuckin rear end. 100% killer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I will be sidequesting in chapter 3 until the leaves turn..it's so chill. I really like the incidental dialogue that you can revisit with your party members at rest spots. Big "shooting the poo poo at June's" vibes.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I thought Guardian Commander was a little eh but I'm warming up to it a bit. The taunt cooldown isn't that bad and I equipped the gem that increases aggro generation from arts. What I don't understand are the arts that say "Awakened+" because I'm not certain what the Awakened buff is and none of the other arts appear to grant it.

I still wouldn't use them without a Zephyr to back them up, though.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it changed the jaguar class into a glass cannon, it's so much fun now

This and Flash Fencer are routinely getting aggro and eating poo poo on tougher fights. But Jaguar is sick as hell.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Kongming posted:

I thought Guardian Commander was a little eh but I'm warming up to it a bit. The taunt cooldown isn't that bad and I equipped the gem that increases aggro generation from arts. What I don't understand are the arts that say "Awakened+" because I'm not certain what the Awakened buff is and none of the other arts appear to grant it.

I still wouldn't use them without a Zephyr to back them up, though.

This and Flash Fencer are routinely getting aggro and eating poo poo on tougher fights. But Jaguar is sick as hell.

Yeah, I might stick a de-aggro gem on her for the bigger fights but man.. it's so sick lol. I just did like 40k damage each to 2 monsters using the Giant Swing/Demolition combo

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I have a purple quality Bunnit Choker which speeds up aggro reduction by 80% that I threw on my Flash Fencer but I honestly can't tell how much of a difference it makes :shrug:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Fungah! posted:

man, this game kicks absolute fuckin rear end. 100% killer

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Kongming posted:

I have a purple quality Bunnit Choker which speeds up aggro reduction by 80% that I threw on my Flash Fencer but I honestly can't tell how much of a difference it makes :shrug:

yeah i think if you're doing insane amounts of damage you're gonna draw aggro no matter what

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

There is that move jaguar gets that nullifies accumulated aggro but that's boring and the animation is so loving long.. rather do dmg

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

just unlocked a second accessory slot :guinness:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

right arm posted:

just unlocked a second accessory slot :guinness:

Same. ANd I can't believe it's been a week since release already, and I'm still in chapter 3 lol. I knew I would like this game, but it's really got its claws in me. Fuckin good rear end game, drat..

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Kongming posted:

What I don't understand are the arts that say "Awakened+" because I'm not certain what the Awakened buff is and none of the other arts appear to grant it.

Okay I figured it out, Guardian Commander's Talent Art grants the awakening buff. I didn't notice because I'm playing as Noah and had switched to Infinity Blade. Oops!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
im having way more fun with this game than i expected.

love picking up items like pacman tho