Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Xeno
gears
saga
blade
View Results

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Chapter 4 fucks SO HARD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It is amazing how often they pull the "lengthy cutscene where characters are struggling and then pull out a crazy come behind victory while awesome music plays" card and it keeps working.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Are the outfits and items worth the expansion pass price so far? or wait?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
"How good could signifier be, All I see is a bunch of *random* buffs and 1 at that."

*look at passives*

oh, I see.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Are the outfits and items worth the expansion pass price so far? or wait?

At the moment wait. The outfits are just reskins of the main outfit and you get so many different costumes you'll probably find one for free you like. The items are a minor boost and you can get a ton of them just by playing the game normally.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

It is amazing how often they pull the "lengthy cutscene where characters are struggling and then pull out a crazy come behind victory while awesome music plays" card and it keeps working.

I'm curious if they'll be able to top (end of chapter 3) Sena flipping the turtle Ferronis.

Ardryn posted:

Good news there's post-game content.

I can't speak for others, but I have a really hard time getting myself to continue doing side content in RPGs after finishing the main plot.

To get around this I try to do as much side content as possible before doing the final stretch of a game.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I want the cutscene team to make a cg feature movie. It'd be the best ever, holy poo poo

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

ajkalan posted:

That cloth texture looked really good on the Switch screen!

The art direction in this game is just so solid. It's gotta be one of the best looking games on the system.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Ytlaya posted:

I'm curious if they'll be able to top (end of chapter 3) Sena flipping the turtle Ferronis.

that's great but I actually prefer (same cutscene spoilers) Taion's bajillion clones and the boulder fake-out from that scene.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

MorningMoon posted:

I want the cutscene team to make a cg feature movie. It'd be the best ever, holy poo poo

When I typed this I thought the chapter was over and did something else. Now I'm finding that I was probably halfway through chapter 4 jesus

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Junpei posted:

that's great but I actually prefer (same cutscene spoilers) Taion's bajillion clones and the boulder fake-out from that scene.

I really liked that part but in retrospect I don't think he actually did anything but troll his old boss there. I guess it was a big distraction?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
just had a very fun moment of gameplay and cutscene synergy where I killed a boss with Sena & Lanz's Ouroboros Chain Attack Finisher, only for the cutscene immediately following it to feature the two of them punching the boss's lights out in that very same form

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

ajkalan posted:

Uh, yeah, totally agree friend

Oh, apparently this is intentional. I should know better than to doubt the localizers.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I’m on chapter 2 I think? And I am walking through the desert fighting a lot of different enemies with Noah as a Zephyr and why do all his attacks seem to miss? I mean, when I fight a Hox maybe it has some kind of evasion buff but like, his attacks seem to miss constantly. I’m on hard fighting enemies at my same level or maybe slightly above and it’s very tiresome.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Those giraffes be dodgy

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Geez, the sheer amount of side quest content in this game.

I took a break from the plot mid chapter 5 to tackle the side quests that i'm high enough level to tackle and am drowning in them. It's like every side quest I work on, two more turn up in the process. It's been hours, and there's quite a few hours worth left before i'll be able to get back on to the main plot path at this rate.

And that's not even counting mapping out the entire area of the region I just got to, or working on unlocking stuff in that one class I just got access to.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yeah Eunice, drag her rear end, gently caress the hero from chapter 4 colony 11

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Those giraffes be dodgy

Okay so it’s just these specific enemies? Seems like the flying birdy bois also evade everything. I was trying not to be overleveled but it seems like being the same level as the enemies on Hard is actually being underleveled.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't know if its just those specific enemies but I had the same issue in the desert. Not entirely sure why, I do think some enemies just be dodgier than others but also probably partially a level thing.

I do have a bit of a conspiracy that attacks having a decent chance to miss is to balance Agnus and Keves classes, because while Agnus classes usually be faster they're not charging if the auto-attacks don't land.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
left my game on idle for a bit while reading posts, then i heard Lanz go "EVERY DAY'S A TRAINING DAY" and just start doing squats

i love my idiot son

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
Holy poo poo chapter 5

VERY END GAME SPOILERS also when they said Mobius Z... that is the moment I'm very sure of who the final boss is.

ntan1 fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Aug 5, 2022

Mea Tulpa
Sep 4, 2006

Hoping there's a good answer for how exactly Dannagh Desert is an explorable area once again.

ForteanMan
Jun 3, 2020

Yeah Chapter 5 just finished and the whole time I kept thinking of the title for this thread. “It really is a ‘wild ride’!”

This game just keeps getting better.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me

ForteanMan posted:

Yeah Chapter 5 just finished and the whole time I kept thinking of the title for this thread. “It really is a ‘wild ride’!”

This game just keeps getting better.

I also love (ch5 spoiler) how that fight was a re-mixed version with flutes

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

lmao this pirate guy

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

how’s the English dub this time around
you know, considering what happened last time…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCoLf76dVMA

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
As equal or better than XB1, they got a new studio with a lot of veteran theater people including Ranni from Elden Ring as Mio.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Tae posted:

As equal or better than XB1, they got a new studio with a lot of veteran theater people including Ranni from Elden Ring as Mio.

all I needed to hear

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
okay nevermind Eunie getting one over on D by faking being afraid of him despite her actual fear and tricking out his sensor horns was rad and cool, especially cutting his arms off with her sword wings. Bonus for Taion for a cool finger snap and revealing all of those feathers to actually be his Mondo beats the earlier rad cutscene Ouroboros thing.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
alright, I am not kidding when there is a section in the game with (ch5/6 spoilers) a total of five fights in a row, with a 60 minute cutscene in between with parts of the cutscene ONLY split by you walking 8 steps three times

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Augus posted:

how’s the English dub this time around
you know, considering what happened last time…

Sena is a valley girl who could bench press the average goon with one arm as a warmup activity

Mokinokaro posted:

I just did the Colony Iota quest and I absolutely love Alexandria.
She's already figured out a decent part of what's going on and manipulated the party to free her colony mostly because she wants to break the mould she was forced into. Especially love how immediately after you can listen in on her colony going full logistics mode for all of the freed colonies.

I just did this tonight too and agree with everything you said.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I just got the flash fencer class and all these laser swords are triggering my PSO addiction.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

You all are so far ahead of me. I know it was the right decision to take a week off from work before this game came out so I could be sure to finish Live-A-Live but drat if I don't feel like I regret not having THIS week off also

I'm in Chapter 4, still early in, just got rope powers and canceling and a cool archer and I can already feel the side content calling out to me...

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Question about a side area in chapter 4

In one of the last areas with the buildings there's like a room to the side with a 75 level elite monkey monster that is guarding a chest, how do you get there? Normally the map offers some clues that makes you think "I will be there later" but no such thing here. Is it something that will happen later or am I just blind and missed a obvious path to that?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It seems like almost every single boss fight in this manages to be a close call where people are dying and I pull off a clutch recovery/victory through use of Chain Attacks/Ouroboros forms.

It's a nice change from Xenoblade 2 where I mostly sleep-walked through the battles as long as they were against things of a similar level and skill/tactics only really played a roll in how fast I ended the fight.

I think the change to reviving was a massive improvement, because it removes the inevitable death spiral where people dying = losing the ability to use Chain Attack in Xenoblade 1/2.

Blaziken386 posted:

just had a very fun moment of gameplay and cutscene synergy where I killed a boss with Sena & Lanz's Ouroboros Chain Attack Finisher, only for the cutscene immediately following it to feature the two of them punching the boss's lights out in that very same form

This happened to me twice. Once when I was using the Chain Attack finisher (probably in the same fight you're thinking of) and a second time when I was just in the Ouroboros form and the fight ended when I was attacking with it.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Aug 5, 2022

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I just did the Soul Hacker sidequest and salty sea captain Moebius grandpa was not a thing I was expecting but I'm so glad he joined my hero roster because he's the best character. :allears:

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
lmfao and we get (ch6 spoiler) human experimentation in part of the plot too oh my loving god Tetsuya Takahashi.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Guys Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is the best game ever made

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

QuantaStarFire posted:

I just did the Soul Hacker sidequest and salty sea captain Moebius grandpa was not a thing I was expecting but I'm so glad he joined my hero roster because he's the best character. :allears:

The Soul Hacker class sent me to space, is it worth it?? It looks absolutely ridiculous and a gigantic time sink. They really dropped a dang blue mage into my xenoblade (owns).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
There's literally only one thing I'm missing from XB2 and that's the towns.

They wouldn't really fit here due to the story though.

The fact that nothing seems to be left of any settlement from XB1 or 2 makes me wonder how long the world's been in this state.