Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
It is appropriate that it took a gut wound a fist fight for Ed to understand how destructive his version of masculinity has been in his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Still haven't watched the episode but I hope Ed died of toxic masculinity

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

tokin opposition posted:

Still haven't watched the episode but I hope Ed died of toxic masculinity

It was a gut wound, so technically it would be septic masculinity.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Vegetable posted:

I thought the scene where doctor decides he needs to drill a hole in Russian dude’s head to be kinda nuts. Like, my first thought was he got a concussion. I don’t know how you diagnose someone with brain pressure stuff just by looking at them.

Pretty loving obvious when you had a prior blunt force head injury, nauseating headaches, and one of the pupils is slow to react or whatever.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Grand Fromage posted:

This seems most likely to me. I can't imagine they didn't bring one, and there was the discussion of sending Danny back up to the Phoenix for medical treatment. Current NASA missions don't (though there are MD astronauts), but everyone gets medical training and the circumstances are different since you can get back to Earth relatively easily + real time communication with a doctor on the ground to walk you through things if needed. Mars you're going to need a doctor locally.

I attended a really fascinating talk earlier this year with some NASA officials talking about healthcare plans for Mars Missions etc. Basic feeling was there are a ton of hard decisions to make about what to bring in terms of equipment, medication etc. but also acknowledging that if something really rough happens there are contingencies for someone dying like 3 months into a 2-3 year mission. They effectively broken down into 3 domains, LEO, where if anything bad happens you pretty much just send them back ASAP. Lunar space, where if poo poo gets real then you stabilize and send them back. Then the aforementioned Mars problem where palliative options need to be considered. The privacy side of things is pretty interesting as well, does the public deserve/need to know if an astronaut finds out they have cancer 3 months into a multi-year mission?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

Pretty loving obvious when you had a prior blunt force head injury, nauseating headaches, and one of the pupils is slow to react or whatever.
Those are also the symptoms of about ten other things. I’m just saying you’d perform more than a cursory inspection before deciding to drill into
someone’s skull.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Tv show

Rental Sting
Aug 14, 2013

it is not the first time I have been racist in the name of my own mistake and sadly probably not the last
I kinda liked that guy. They probably should have kept him around, or at least the Cuban.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
I was definitely hoping some of the younger characters other than Danny would make it into next season

with so few episodes left we're definitely in for a season of cyborg ed

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
This documentary is sorely lacking in specifics.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Vegetable posted:

Those are also the symptoms of about ten other things. I’m just saying you’d perform more than a cursory inspection before deciding to drill into
someone’s skull.

Epidural hematoma is at the top of that list -- so much that you'd just assume it were the case and make a burr hole, because if it is you save their life, and if it isn't you're probably not going to harm anything.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

yeah a hole in your head isn't as bad as it sounds.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
We've been drilling holes in people's heads to deal with this injury for a couple thousand years now.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

nooneofconsequence posted:

yeah a hole in your head isn't as bad as it sounds.

it actually isn't, especially when we have antibiotics

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Danny was in charge of packing the birth control and the antibiotic

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Oh man, how much of this baby drama is based on the baby being half Russian?

I still stand by the best/worst way this ending is with Kelly and Danny becoming a couple, and Danny would absolutely do it if they needed to fake a non Russian father (and there literally aren't any other viable options at this point).

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Every pill on the ship is either oxy or amphetamine.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

it actually isn't, especially when we have antibiotics
I wasn't being sarcastic :eng99:

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

New episode is up! Goons made some good predictions

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Hahahahhahahah. Episode owned. I love this show.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Amazing

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
lmao at that ending.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

The sons of bitches actually did it.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Well a couple of things happened that episode.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
Oh drat this season DOES have a pulse.

peak television top ten anime betrayal moment

Bobcats fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Aug 5, 2022

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
gently caress yeah.

Question: Would Mars Baby or Lesbian President win the headline wars?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

withak posted:

gently caress yeah.

Question: Would Mars Baby or Lesbian President win the headline wars?
North Korea Steals Mars?

stuart scott
Mar 9, 2007

that ruled

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
lol good bounce back after a few lame episodes. Gay rights for everyone!

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Great episode overall. I was almost expecting an "I'M SPARTACUS" moment between Madam President and the First Gentleman over who's gay, but that'd probably be too campy.

The People's Republic of Mars' dude has to be seriously hosed over being in a Soyuz for 1-1 1/2 years.

Also, no NASA denier brother, so that was a plus. He probably get's framed when his roll coal bud's OKC NASA in the finale.

Space_Wizard
Dec 21, 2018
Echoing the others that the show is once again good.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Oh hey, that early-second-half-of-a-season-"lull" is once again paying off handsomely!

nooneofconsequence posted:

North Korea Steals Mars?

I don't know if we have the info to work it out, but this seems entirely and hilariously plausible.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What the hell? How the hell did that guy stay alive that long?

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
I was joking lmao I wasn’t expecting there to actually be a guy in there

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Mister Bates posted:

I was joking lmao I wasn’t expecting there to actually be a guy in there

Soylent was invented a decade early and made up all of his ballast. Wait till that hits the Happy Valley toilets.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Curious how crazy North Korea is in this timeline. In ours poo poo didn't go real hosed until the Soviets withdrew their support, which presumably didn't happen in this one.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

They should kill that guy and hide the body.

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
The plan: send Korean Astronaut to Mars, have them hide out for 2 years, and then claim the abandoned bases and equipment when the Americans/Russians leave.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

At least now they’re bending plausibility for cool stories instead of dumb Danny bullshit. One guy living out of a Soyuz capsule for 2 years? Sure why not!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This show got so batshit crazy it just became great. Loved gay president, loved north korean cosmonaut. Lmao.