Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

I. M. Gei posted:

I won't hear you slander the good names of All Might and Major Armstrong like that

Blame Chuck Hubert for taking that particular swing, and mostly miss because no VA had an earthly clue what the gently caress he was talking about (in which Hubert in the same breath kinda substantiated Vic as a sex pest too despite how he was trying to come to Vic’s defense, so lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MechaX posted:

Blame Chuck Hubert for taking that particular swing, and mostly miss because no VA had an earthly clue what the gently caress he was talking about (in which Hubert in the same breath kinda substantiated Vic as a sex pest too despite how he was trying to come to Vic’s defense, so lol)

Hubert himself had his own oopsies, didn't he?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Vic isn’t unique in the entertainment industry for this kind of thing, and the fan reaction is also fairly typical. The unique thing about this case and the main point of this thread is that Vics response was to sue his accusers and Funimation. He took part in a SLAPP lawsuit so ludicrous it got a significant proportion of legal Twitter laughing at him.

Vic isn’t special, he’s not some monster that if we get rid of him the anime industry becomes righteous. He’s just the guy who allowed the spotlight to be shone on him because he thought he was above it, and who people have jumped on as being on their side in a culture war.

We do probably need a spin-off thread to discuss problems with the industry in general, because in the recent course of this thread we’ve covered some scummy conventions and just now begun talking about other voice actors with stuff flying over them. A generalised industry thread would be a better and clearer place for people who want to have those conversations and we can have this thread just be about the funny thing: vic and his lawsuit.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
That'd be a good idea I think

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

I guess, but it seems like a lateral move because this stuff only came up because it is Vic adjacent (and the direct consequences of his dumbass suit), plus VA specific issues usually just get brought up in the threads for the anime they were involved in.

Plus, this case likely died under a mountain of paperwork on some judge clerk’s desk and we won’t be getting an update there for awhile (highly likely the judgment will be affirmed and Vic is out $300k while Ty Beard pretends this phase of his legal career never happened)

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

MechaX posted:

But in typical Vic stan fashion, instead of hitting people like Haberkorn or DC Douglas where their issues were caught on 4K or they admitted to it, they instead go hook line and sinker for the “Christopher Sabat has actually been running a Casting Couch for decades and that’s the only reason a lot of these (women} VAs have their jobs” variety of absolute loving fever dreams

I totally missed that DC Douglas was a creep. What happened with him?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I was much happier not knowing that DC Douglas did creep things. I know he used to host Playboy TV shows in the 90s but I didn't think he was a pest.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Scratchman Apoo posted:

All I can find is him constantly mocking chuds

EDIT:

Well, I was wrong.

https://twitter.com/BewareCreepyVAs/status/1464759142766325772

YIKES

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Scratchman Apoo posted:

I don't know if this even actually happened or if it's some chud fantasy that went viral, but the story I once heard that that, DC Douglas, being an extremely online and combative Twitter leftist who loves dunking on chuds, as previously mentioned, did something where he walked into a bathroom filming it on his cellphone in an effort to try and debunk insane chud copypasta about trans people.

Vic fans took it and ran with it and went "See! This guy's an even worse creep than our guy!" and he got suspended from Twitter over it, but that was it.

So more huge idiot than creep, but it was still a bad and very creepy look.

e: Oh, and I guess that too ^^^ wow

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

bunnyofdoom posted:

All I can find is him constantly mocking chuds

EDIT:

Well, I was wrong.

https://twitter.com/BewareCreepyVAs/status/1464759142766325772

YIKES

Somehow this makes me like his role as Kira Yoshikage even more

I don't know if it should though

EDIT: probably shouldn't

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 5, 2022

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Jesus, that whole tweet thread :barf: What a creep.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
around like three years ago i remember #IStandWithChrisNiosi flopping hilariously in comparison to how vic mignogna became a cancel culture martyr and "trigger the libs" convention guest

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

around like three years ago i remember #IStandWithChrisNiosi flopping hilariously in comparison to how vic mignogna became a cancel culture martyr and "trigger the libs" convention guest

I figure that’s largely because Niosi actually (somewhat) fessed up after the accusation post came out

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Regalingualius posted:

I figure that’s largely because Niosi actually (somewhat) fessed up after the accusation post came out

Apparently Niosi's still working in the industry. Did ADR scripts for some Crunchyroll show.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

He's Reigen

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

okay yeah that'll do it, a lot of his would-be stans probably wrote him off as a cuck afterward

his breaking NDA costing him his role as male byleth in fire emblem and by extension his childhood dream of being in smash brothers was comedy loving gold though

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Apparently there's video footage of Vic out there saying, in essence, "only losers crowdfund." Um.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Dawgstar posted:

Apparently there's video footage of Vic out there saying, in essence, "only losers crowdfund." Um.

Real big Trump energy

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

that's just typical behavior

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Doucette's teasing new filings, sounds like Vic got owned again

e: thread
https://twitter.com/questauthority/status/1560433433775509504

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ignis posted:

Doucette's teasing new filings, sounds like Vic got owned again

e: thread

lol eat poo poo vic

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Ahaha wow, imagine that thanks to your absolute clown of a lawyer you got your entire dick kicked in, you filed an appeal that your case should be reconsidered, and the outcome of that is that you actually didn't get kicked in the dick enough.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

EAT ALL OF THE poo poo, VIC

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
lmao "you still lose and also pay them more"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
In addition to the L you're holding, please hold this additional L.

Love it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I wish every weeabo PoS that defended Vic was required to update their video to explain how much absolute poo poo the dipshit ate entirely as a result of his own actions.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1560443954734288898

link to the docs

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
it's fine I'm sure Vic can always grift the money out of his church anime televangelist style

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Lmao eat you creepy piece of poo poo, and your dumb little lawyer friend, too!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Vic Mignona lost his appeals. Now we can say he is literally a piece of poo poo. Or whatever their silly argument was.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

lmao seeing the courts say that they didn't kick vic hard enough already made my evening

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Have to share Amanda Winn Lee's reaction

https://twitter.com/amandawinnlee/status/1560450487719104513

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
A threadnaught highlight: https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1560454789410037760

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

*Billy's laugh from Predator just going on forever*

Covok
May 27, 2013

We can now legally call Vic a pedophile and sex offender without fear of reprocussion. He hosed this case up so bad he literally removed his ability to ever claim defamation on these subjects again. Holy poo poo.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Ty Beard is lucky as gently caress that the Bar Association didn't knock on his door about that notary fraud issue too lmao, he can go back to trusts and estate planning or some poo poo and pretend that this never, ever happened

I wonder if Rekeita is going to push Vic to appeal it to the Texas Supreme Court to continue the grift

Also, is this the first time the phrase "Broly from Dragon Ball Z" has ever appeared in an appellate brief

MechaX fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 19, 2022

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MechaX posted:

Ty Beard is lucky as gently caress that the Bar Association didn't knock on his door about that notary fraud issue too lmao, he can go back to trusts and estate planning or some poo poo and pretend that this never, ever happened

I am still amazed he didn't get blasted for that.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

MechaX posted:

I wonder if Rekeita is going to push Vic to appeal it to the Texas Supreme Court to continue the grift

Also, is this the first time the phrase "Broly from Dragon Ball Z" has ever appeared in an appellate brief

I mean isn’t the Texas attorney general exactly the kind of idiot who would culture warrior over this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's been a long time coming but it sure is satisfying.