Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/08/04/kill-team-into-the-dark-whats-in-the-box/

GW has finally revealed the new KT box in full. And it sure looks like a doozy.

Also they subtly hinted that the next set is also space hulk related: Or at least Space Hulk adjacent.

We get not one, but five pets this time around. Who knew this was also secretly a pokemon game.

That terrain and promise of more hulk terrain is really making Necromunda attractive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Oh they are definitely teasing more space hulk related stuff in the future.

quote:

The Gallowdark is a big place, and we’ll be exploring its vast and varied environs for a while – there are some very cool new visitors coming to the corridors on that three-month release cycle…

poo poo, this is like the KT box I'd want for the teams and the terrain.
Especially the terrain, I really need some good 40k walls for a scene/diorama I wanna do and that would fit so well.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
DOn't really need the core book again, but if that's the price I have to pay for this, then yeah; I'm down. Imperial Navy and Kroot are too cool.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I can just sell/give away the core book and stuff

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Those models all look really nice, this is the first time a KT box really tempted me with both sides looking good.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/08/04/kill-team-into-the-dark-whats-in-the-box/

GW has finally revealed the new KT box in full. And it sure looks like a doozy.

Also they subtly hinted that the next set is also space hulk related: Or at least Space Hulk adjacent.

When they first announced/ previewed it on live stream, they outright said the terrain would be linked between sets.

They also said the rulebook would be updated with the new rules introduced in the sets since Octarius.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Eediot Jedi posted:

When they first announced/ previewed it on live stream, they outright said the terrain would be linked between sets.

In my defense it's been a while since that one happened. :v:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Yep! That's why I posted. The bad news is I read the article and it was there too, near the bottom. :v:

I really dig those kroot and love the dumpy kroot dogs, but I fear the price and dread "but I need to finish the terrain set" pulling me towards future boxes.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
I wonder if Ray Dranfield will end up revealing a bunch of ways the Space Hulk terrain has been cleverly and inobviously designed to work with the Zone Mortalis kits.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Pity he has seemingly nuked all of those handy tips for the previous terrain sets. There was at least one I wanted to do with the ash wastes (if I could ever get my hands on the relevant pieces) for a command platform for my RT and have a spot for the command throne I got from the RT KT set.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Those sets are great. I guess I wish the Navy guys had a bit more of an 18th/early 19th century sailor thing going on because that's how I always pictured the Imperial Navy, but that's just me. Kroot especially own hard.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Stephenls posted:

I wonder if Ray Dranfield will end up revealing a bunch of ways the Space Hulk terrain has been cleverly and inobviously designed to work with the Zone Mortalis kits.

It looks like it is, based on the column and wall format.

My guess is that there's a forthcoming set of Hulk floor tiles, which can be confirmed if 1) the board is a processed photo of them and 2) they already leaked it in the promo.

But it makes sense that the ZM tiles, walls, and columns would all be compatible. Finally a use for the stairs!

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I wonder if we'll ever see a rerelease of the Rogue Trader kill tram that has a very similar aesthetic, or at least a white dwarf rules drop.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Floppychop posted:

I wonder if we'll ever see a rerelease of the Rogue Trader kill tram that has a very similar aesthetic, or at least a white dwarf rules drop.

A Hive fleet is heading towards an Imperial agri-world. You may pull a lever that diverts the fleet to a less productive Imperial planet, but the lever is a chaos artefact that will drat your soul.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

A Hive fleet is heading towards an Imperial agri-world. You may pull a lever that diverts the fleet to a less productive Imperial planet, but the lever is a chaos artefact that will drat your soul.

Because I'm an Inquisitor I will pull the lever and wax lyrical about how the ends justify the means and if that means I drat my soul to save millions that is my fate. I will then insist I can control the chaos curse and use it to destroy the Imperium enemies, before I become an obvious twist villain in a bad novel or good video game.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I played in a Wrath & Glory Rogue Trader campaign last year, our response to finding a weird and very obviously evil artefact (OC Xenos race and not Chaos but still very mysterious and kinda sinister) was to go "Nope, gently caress that poo poo" and then bury it six feet underground and pile rubble on top of it.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Cooked Auto posted:

I played in a Wrath & Glory Rogue Trader campaign last year, our response to finding a weird and very obviously evil artefact (OC Xenos race and not Chaos but still very mysterious and kinda sinister) was to go "Nope, gently caress that poo poo" and then bury it six feet underground and pile rubble on top of it.

If your GM was any good he'd have one of your crewmen get drunk and spill the secret in a bar and a rival rogue trader digs it up and uses its arcane Xenos powers against you.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
If I ever find myself running a 40k campaign, I'm going to have the party stumble across an alien artifact, and once they have been fully convinced it is a soul-devouring doom weapon I will then have them find the packaging that clearly shows how it is a toothbrush.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Kitchner posted:

If your GM was any good he'd have one of your crewmen get drunk and spill the secret in a bar and a rival rogue trader digs it up and uses its arcane Xenos powers against you.

Oh I'm passing that one along as a missed opportunity. :D

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Slashrat posted:

If I ever find myself running a 40k campaign, I'm going to have the party stumble across an alien artifact, and once they have been fully convinced it is a soul-devouring doom weapon I will then have them find the packaging that clearly shows how it is a toothbrush.

An entire campaign to find the STC disintegrator weapon only to discover it only works on plaque

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ro5s posted:

An entire campaign to find the STC disintegrator weapon only to discover it only works on plaque

You're still awarded governorship of a planet when a xenos species with plaque-based biology invades

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Just about finished a major project and figured I'd post a video rather than pictures.

https://youtu.be/9OJpTrZl0M8

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

Eifert Posting posted:

Just about finished a major project and figured I'd post a video rather than pictures.

https://youtu.be/9OJpTrZl0M8

oh poo poo it is so good!

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

This sucks lmao

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's what they deserve

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Solus posted:

This sucks lmao

man, these are so bad it’s amazing. previewed immediately after the also disappointing white scars helmets, gives me the impression that they’re being super lazy here. it’s the exact same helmet literally SEVEN times and then the last three also the same but with added bangles ahahahahaha

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I honestly don't get what's so bad about them that people are harping on so much. They're the same as the ones that come with 40k small marines.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ya I don't get it either.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

JBP posted:

I honestly don't get what's so bad about them that people are harping on so much. They're the same as the ones that come with 40k small marines.

i think most space wolf fans want them to
lean more into the Viking thing and less into the wolf thing

also I forgot these helmet/pauldron things are all resin so I no longer care

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

could have been a lot better imo if they abstracted the shape a little more, kind of like how beaky helmets are only mostly bird shaped. but no, that helmet's got fuckin' cheek bones and eyebrow ridges, cute lil' ears, whisker holes and an open mouth area with teeth and everything

its too ornate and detailed for a whole rear end legion of dudes. maybe it would have been fine for a character or something

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Reading some spacewolf lore and I liked the part where the drop pod doors opened and the space wolf said "it's wolfin' time" and then he wolfed all over them thousand sons

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

a fatguy baldspot posted:

i think most space wolf fans want them to
lean more into the Viking thing and less into the wolf thing

also I forgot these helmet/pauldron things are all resin so I no longer care

I mean I'm a space wolf fan and I like the Viking aspect, but they've always had wolf poo poo and I don't think a bunch of mk6 helmets is a big deal for heresy/great crusade ultra mass produced armour.

JBP fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Aug 5, 2022

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Eej posted:

It's what they deserve

The Wulfen are going to replace mainline marines some day, mark my words.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

JBP posted:

They're the same as the ones that come with 40k small marines.

Mostly the same, the 40k one has sideburns that these are missing and a couple of other minor details.

I think the weird nose thing they could've skipped. Otherwise I don't mind them.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I am wholly uninterested in Space Wolves, but one of their original character models was a guy with a wolf mask, so it’s not like these are weird or a new direction.

I think some more variety would have been good though because as a chapter they are not super into uniforms.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Ashcans posted:

I think some more variety would have been good though because as a chapter they are not super into uniforms.

They don't wear helmets a lot of the time because they're dumb as hell in a good way, but during the heresy power armour was being super mass produced. It makes sense that Russ or an offsider told the manufacturer to make funny wolf helmets and they did.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I think the Deathwatch RPG actually explains the wolf helmets as being designed so the Space Wolf can still use his advanced senses while protecting his head.

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!
Warhammer 40k Age of the Emperor, where the universe splits away from the stale old lore that has become less profitable and reformed into distinct marketable spheres.

Each space marine chapter gets a different home sphere and new powers, space wolves become 18 foot tall werewolves wielding wolf weapons (made of wolves) and blood angels become sentient blood elementals . Chaos, tyranids and the other bad guys get crammed into a single sphere but may try to escape or get their own based on how much you fans want them ;).

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I don't think the jokes about AoSing 40k were ever funny. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Big yawn