Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

thrawn527 posted:

I mean, it might have. It was a sequel to Scoob.

Presumably most people would have seen the previous film first. So the new one wouldn't have all that many eyeballs left to melt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Shaggy won't allow it to be cancelled. I assume he will simply use a fraction of what he has to re-align the exectives.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Jaxyon posted:

I can't believe that Discovery's leadership is even dumber than Warner's but here we are
Just for confirmation, note the 'franchises' they choose to highlight here

https://twitter.com/azalben/status/1555295932153008129?s=20&t=AgmivNulFDCowZna4kkcRQ

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

90 Day Fiance Universe :psypop:

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Hobo Clown posted:

Oh, I can't wait for the Shark Week Multiverse to start up

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Jaxyon posted:

I can't believe that Discovery's leadership is even dumber than Warner's but here we are

It's like what Frank Zappa used to say about the music biz. It was great when it was run by people who had no artistic inspirations (AT&T) but got ruined when execs think they have a better grasp on art than artists.

Cue the Shark Week Multiverse

E: lol didn't even see the post above me

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

I hate that Game of Thrones is a Franchise rather than an Iconic Series.

Come on, they even say All Men Must Die in the show!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

https://twitter.com/azalben/status/1555295932153008129?s=20&t=AgmivNulFDCowZna4kkcRQ

90 Day Fiance in the Multiverse of Madness

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Hmmm...a Big Bang Theory vs. Peacemaker series....

Nope. Peacemaker Kills Big Bang Theory. That's your money.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

FlamingLiberal posted:

This is bleak as hell.

"Do you like Superman? And Fixer Upper?" I don't think anyone could possibly answer yes to both of those questions.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

thrawn527 posted:

This is bleak as hell.

"Do you like Superman? And Fixer Upper?" I don't think anyone could possibly answer yes to both of those questions.

Making up a guy then feeling immense sadness for that guy.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I would like them to make Guy Fieri into a DC hero though

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They probably make way more money on low budget reality home remodel shows than any DC superhero stuff besides maybe Batman.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

This is bleak as hell.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

:golfclap:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Invalid Validation posted:

They probably make way more money on low budget reality home remodel shows than any DC superhero stuff besides maybe Batman.

surely it would be even cheaper to just have a youtube style person react to old content they've already produced. throw on some old eps of monster garage and monster house, have one of the property brother clones mumble nonsense over it in the corner.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Well played.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.businessinsider.com/ezra-miller-flash-running-a-cult-grooming-minors-carrying-guns-2022-8

Business Insider did a new huge thing on Ezra Miller. They've gone beyond Waco to Charles Manson. Stumbling around Iceland mumbling in bare feet with infected wounds and smelling like a corpse while making a sex cult, trying to groom/kidnap an 11-year-old goth, waving guns around at people, nearly breaking Tokata's mom's arms with an Uber door. The Flash is likely to be in prison or dead by June 2023.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Invalid Validation posted:

I used to think at least they'd pay for the remodels but apparently the stupid homeowners actually pay for it, and half the time they don't even get what they asked for or just shoddy garbage. lol. Best grift in television.

But yeah, did scripted television gently caress this CEO's wife or something? I've never seen any media exec just go ape poo poo like this.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

chitoryu12 posted:

https://www.businessinsider.com/ezra-miller-flash-running-a-cult-grooming-minors-carrying-guns-2022-8

Business Insider did a new huge thing on Ezra Miller. They've gone beyond Waco to Charles Manson. Stumbling around Iceland mumbling in bare feet with infected wounds and smelling like a corpse while making a sex cult, trying to groom/kidnap an 11-year-old goth, waving guns around at people, nearly breaking Tokata's mom's arms with an Uber door. The Flash is likely to be in prison or dead by June 2023.

:allbuttons:

Seriously, wtf

Thundercracker posted:

But yeah, did scripted television gently caress this CEO's wife or something? I've never seen any media exec just go ape poo poo like this.

He's just seizing the synergy to capture and strategically course-correct into profit town.

itry fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Aug 5, 2022

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

12 foot ladder has been disabled for that site.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

Anyone got the text?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Hobo Clown posted:

It was faaaaaaaaaaaaaar more well constructed then the DC Movies Universe.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

MiddleOne posted:

Anyone got the text?

https://archive.ph/lsyKj

Edit: Miller is now being charged with burglary for breaking into a neighbor's house in Vermont to steal their liquor.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Aug 10, 2022

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
We Have to Talk About Ezra

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

At this point I dunno why they don't just replace him but I suppose there's no one Better Than Ezra :v:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

They should release the Batgirl movie instead of the Flash movie.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

itry posted:

They should release the Batgirl movie instead of the Flash movie.

Zaslav is participating in the child psychology delayed gratification test and he's scarfing the marshmallows before the plates even hit the table.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Thundercracker posted:

I used to think at least they'd pay for the remodels but apparently the stupid homeowners actually pay for it, and half the time they don't even get what they asked for or just shoddy garbage. lol. Best grift in television.

Even when the show covers the actual remodel/labor cost I've heard that a lot of the homeowners on those shows end up getting screwed on their property taxes the following year since all of the "improvements" make their home "worth more".

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Can we please not turn this into another thread where people are casually misgendering them? Regardless of how much of a loving monster they’ve turned out to be.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Can we please not turn this into another thread where people are casually misgendering them? Regardless of how much of a loving monster they’ve turned out to be.

On second thought, gently caress all the hands. We won't misgender because we're not assholes no matter what Ezra Miller chooses to do or how they choose to act.

Everyone fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Aug 12, 2022

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Everyone posted:

On the one hand it seems a little silly for us to be all "whatever happens, we must use the correct pronouns for the accused child molester." But on the other hand, it's not about respecting Ezra Miller. It's about respecting all trans people and they just happen to be a subset of "all trans people."

There is no reason for your "on the one hand" what the gently caress

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Everyone posted:

On the one hand it seems a little silly for us to be all "whatever happens, we must use the correct pronouns for the accused child molester." But on the other hand, it's not about respecting Ezra Miller. It's about respecting all trans people and they just happen to be a subset of "all trans people."

You could have just not posted anything at all you piece of poo poo.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Isn’t Ezra identifying as non binary and is not, in fact, trans at all? Or do I not fully grasp it

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

i am a moron posted:

Isn’t Ezra identifying as non binary and is not, in fact, trans at all? Or do I not fully grasp it

I think the idea is that every nonbinary person who is born biologically binary is trans.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Everyone posted:

The idea is that, while Ezra Miller might be losing their mind, and turning into a monster to those around them, that doesn't mean you have to be an rear end in a top hat when talking about them. It's honestly pretty simple.

There was absolutely no reason for the first part of your post. Just don't be an rear end in a top hat about people's pronouns, no matter who they are. Simple as that.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Can we just skip to the end of this derail, please.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Can we just skip to the end of this derail, please.

The slow motion collapse of the DCEU is relevant in a thread about one of its shows. You'll take it and like it, buster.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

chitoryu12 posted:

The slow motion collapse of the DCEU is relevant in a thread about one of its shows. You'll take it and like it, buster.

Especially relevant when Miller appeared in this show as the Flash, even if it was a cameo. The character, as played by Miller, exists in this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

At the end of the day the stance of “Miller doesn’t deserve the consideration of gendering” presupposes that proper gendering is done as a service or (little) a treat and not a basic human interaction for non-binary folks.

There are going to be some spicy Barry jokes in season 2 if/when we get it.