Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Whistling rear end in a top hat posted:

as i've gotten older, i've really come to hate how unreliable weed is as a drug

When's the last time you checked your blood pressure? Are you having spells of lightheadedness without weed, like while going from sitting to standing sometimes? On any new medications since the last time you smoked? Did you have a heavy meal prior to the effects?

You're about the same age as me, I'll be 40 this fall. Might be time for a physical, get the old cholesterol pump checked.

I don't mean this in a "haha we're old" way. Wouldn't hurt to jump into a blood pressure machine at Walgreens or just buy one for home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whistling Asshole
Nov 18, 2005

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

When's the last time you checked your blood pressure? Are you having spells of lightheadedness without weed, like while going from sitting to standing sometimes? On any new medications since the last time you smoked? Did you have a heavy meal prior to the effects?

You're about the same age as me, I'll be 40 this fall. Might be time for a physical, get the old cholesterol pump checked.

I don't mean this in a "haha we're old" way. Wouldn't hurt to jump into a blood pressure machine at Walgreens or just buy one for home.

I think I'm probably fine on bp / heart stuff? what I'm describing *only* happens when I get high and only during the initial come on of it. i play pickup basketball with a crew of dudes generally 10-15 years younger than me a few times a week so i'm running around a lot and generally stay fit and active and stuff.

edit: and yeah, not on any meds, generally feel fine day to day. in the situation i described in my OP, I felt 100% perfectly normal and then when i smoked my first bowl of the day it felt like it doubled my resting heart rate almost instantaneously, like i just chugged 2 cups of coffee or something. i've been smoking long enough to know weed has always kind of affected cardiovascular stuff to some degree, but only in the past few years has it become noticeably uncomfortable when it happens. maybe it's just that i don't smoke consistently enough? like if I was smoking every day or a couple of times a week or something i'd settle into it, but i'll smoke in bursts like every couple of months when i'm in the mood and maybe jumping in and out of it like that isn't great? idk!

Whistling Asshole fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jul 30, 2022

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

tl;dr: weed good, but unreliable. help

Where does your weed come from? Most commercial weed, legal and illegal, is harvested too early and not cured properly. This helps to maximize the THC%, make lots of money, and force the plant into a 4 month grow cycle that doesn't quite fit (but looks very tidy in the books, so in the industry you have business types insisting on a 4 month turnaround). But if it had had another 2-3 weeks or more and/or a longer cure a tiny bit of the THC would have broken down into CBN which would balance things out. I used to kind of get this intermittently from one batch of weed or another, and it never tracked with indica/sativa really. Once I started growing my own and harvesting when the trichomes were 10-15% amber I stopped having problems

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jul 30, 2022

stoopidmunkey
May 21, 2005

yep
I just got a new dealer that I love. She has rso which I’ve been wanting to try at least a decade. I tried a dose last night and woke up still high. I normally smoke about 1g/day so this is surprising

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

I think I'm probably fine on bp / heart stuff? what I'm describing *only* happens when I get high and only during the initial come on of it. i play pickup basketball with a crew of dudes generally 10-15 years younger than me a few times a week so i'm running around a lot and generally stay fit and active and stuff.

Okay. It would probably be better to be certain about that kind of thing, hitting a blood pressure machine takes 5 minutes. If you come up normal, no worries, no harm done.

One of my uncles was a pretty fit guy, exercised regularly, 32 waist his whole life, wasn't the kind to gorge on junk food, never smoked. Dropped dead in a gas station parking lot in his 40s from a heart attack.

Sometimes it doesn't matter how well you take care of yourself, the lights can still just go out.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

edit: and yeah, not on any meds, generally feel fine day to day. in the situation i described in my OP, I felt 100% perfectly normal and then when i smoked my first bowl of the day it felt like it doubled my resting heart rate almost instantaneously, like i just chugged 2 cups of coffee or something. i've been smoking long enough to know weed has always kind of affected cardiovascular stuff to some degree, but only in the past few years has it become noticeably uncomfortable when it happens. maybe it's just that i don't smoke consistently enough? like if I was smoking every day or a couple of times a week or something i'd settle into it, but i'll smoke in bursts like every couple of months when i'm in the mood and maybe jumping in and out of it like that isn't great? idk!

I'm a daily smoker and I've had similar issues from time to time. My blood pressure is fine, I take stimulant meds for ADHD and my numbers for cholesterol, etc are normal as well. Poverty goat is on to something if you're like me and smoking commercially grown weed. I've found that if I go for the less THC potent strains, like 16-26%, I end up getting a flower with a lot smoother higher and less racy effects. I also primarily smoke cartridges because I've been lazy and gently caress, and I've noticed the heart racing thing happens wayyyyy less with my vapes and I think it's because of how controlled the dosage level is.

Someone mentioned the Dynavap or Fury Edge, I really gotta recommend the Fury Edge here. Dynavap is awesome if you're daily smoker like I am, that thing hits like a truck and sometimes gives me the raceys because of it. The Fury Edge is much more of a "sipping" vape, where it takes 2-3 sessions to fully vape a capsule and each session can be up to 2 minutes. That means you're spreading the dose over a lot more puffs and are much better able to control your dosage. It's also pretty affordable for a flower vape, considering how expensive the Pax 2/3 were when they came out

edit - note on the 26% top end for me - Michigan's THC potency testing is absolutely wonky and 26% is not the high end for our stuff here. I generally expect 26% weed to feel like what 20% weed should. The 16% weed is loving wonderful with a bit of concentrate sprinkled in

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Buffer that poo poo with 0-thc cbd farm hemp

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day
Looked back a few pages and couldn't find it, does anyone have a link for one of the triple cartridge vape rigs?

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Lucid Nonsense posted:

Looked back a few pages and couldn't find it, does anyone have a link for one of the triple cartridge vape rigs?

https://hamiltondevices.com/product/starship/

Hamilton also makes a few double-cart ones, and for a premium single-cart battery I can attest the Shiv is good.

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

Protocol7 posted:

Hamilton also makes a few double-cart ones, and for a premium single-cart battery I can attest the Shiv is good.

Thank you!

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

Protocol7 posted:

I grabbed the double cart bubbler PS1 and the single cart PB1 and I’ve been quite happy with them both

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

sometimes i get a kind of tunnel vision and start to feel like i'm gonna pass out on a particularly hard come-up - my vision gets super blurry at the edges and narrows and i get all clammy and dizzy.

In UK parlance that's a "Whitey". I get it whenever I go too hard on the first go when I havent had any for a while (month+). I think it's just that, you had a massive tolerance break and then just hit a whole bowl in one, maybe just roll a spliff next time?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Yeah when I got the starship I also got the little single cart battery

it's pretty good, airflow is meh compared to more open batteries, but the quick switch magnet thingy is nice, and it's auto draw, which I always like.

e. Also, aesthetic wise, it's tiny and actually looks very nice. Far cry from your typical Ed Hardy print vape battery from the corner shop lol

DJOprahSpinfrey
Dec 18, 2018

Wah Wah Wee Wah
An update on the bud situation here in East TN. So an easy road trip distance away in VA a CBD store has opened up that sells grow materials and of course CBD. You waaaaay overpay for CBD, as much as you want really (within reason I assume, I didn't ask) and they SELL you a gram of CBD and then GIFT you a gram/$10 up to how much you paid. Edibles too. Good as poo poo. No more brick weed for me goons, its pedigree weed time bbbbbb
:gary:
https://www.zarationline.com for the online store if any of you want to peruse or mayhaps take-a-little-shopski
If you are near or thru Abingdon, VA, check them out, cool folks

DJOprahSpinfrey fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jul 31, 2022

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
I HAVE BEEN LAUGHING AT THIS PICTURE FOR A loving HOUR

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
My friend used the power of weed to create this chair (for weed)

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oh my.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DynaVapers, is getting an ultrasonic cleaner for a DynaVap a good idea? While cleaning it isn't the most intensive experience I'm lazy and want to be lazier.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

ReelBigLizard posted:

My friend used the power of weed to create this chair (for weed)

does the arm move, can it feed you grapes?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

sigher posted:

DynaVapers, is getting an ultrasonic cleaner for a DynaVap a good idea? While cleaning it isn't the most intensive experience I'm lazy and want to be lazier.

it works well on mine, I usually just hand clean it but I've tossed it in the cheap amazon jewelry cleaner I have a few times, removing the soft bits first, and it cleans it up quite well.

e. the real pro tip with those? Dirty screens. Forget burning them clean or scraping them or w/e, throw a handful in a cheap sonic jewelry cleaner and they'll come out sparkling. Makes me change the bowl a LOT more on the Arizer when I elbow pack it.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I've decided to try one. Since using the wand, the vapcap lid inside and oven outside have needed direct cleaning a lot more frequently than with butane, and the heat sink fins part of the vapcap inside gets constricted a lot faster.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
My core 2.0 arrived today, holy heck this thing is tiny, was not expecting it to be this compact.

Three hours until I can fire it up.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

sigher posted:

Like, I just keep a little jelly jar full of iso by the sink and soak all the parts except the cap every week or so. Rinse, run a few q-tips through and it’s fine.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
is it possible to make gummies using oil from vape cartridges?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

DJOprahSpinfrey posted:

An update on the bud situation here in East TN. So an easy road trip distance away in VA a CBD store has opened up that sells grow materials and of course CBD. You waaaaay overpay for CBD, as much as you want really (within reason I assume, I didn't ask) and they SELL you a gram of CBD and then GIFT you a gram/$10 up to how much you paid. Edibles too. Good as poo poo. No more brick weed for me goons, its pedigree weed time bbbbbb
:gary:
https://www.zarationline.com for the online store if any of you want to peruse or mayhaps take-a-little-shopski
If you are near or thru Abingdon, VA, check them out, cool folks

if you look a little harder you might be able to find a pop-up in VA where you can buy actual weed

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

sigher posted:

Crimson Harvest posted:

I've decided to try one. Since using the wand, the vapcap lid inside and oven outside have needed direct cleaning a lot more frequently than with butane, and the heat sink fins part of the vapcap inside gets constricted a lot faster.
I have an ultra lovely $15 ultrasonic cleaner that I got to try on vape poo poo. And it sucks for sticky parts, but is nice for occasionally getting the tip shining again, and yes also for getting poo poo out of the cap. I have the same experience since using the wand. I never had to worry about buildup in the cap with a torch but it's definitely a thing now.

For regular cleaning I take it apart, pop out the screen and shake/soak all the metal parts with alcohol and kosher salt in a ~45ml plastic test tube w/ lid. It all comes clean without drama in ~10 mins and I never have to q tip anything or anything like that. Just a pinch of salt and enough 90% rubbing allcohol to cover everything, shake good, let it soak while you shower, shake it good again, and it should pretty well rinse clean under the sink after that. Be careful NOT to lose the screen or any of your o-rings down the drain because that's a bummer

The bb6 stem with the bbs inside takes loving forever to soak, but all the goop will wash out in 10 sec under hot tap water, so I do that and try to catch all the goop in a paper towel so it doesn't go down the drain. but this won't work for the really hot parts

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Aug 5, 2022

DJOprahSpinfrey
Dec 18, 2018

Wah Wah Wee Wah

poverty goat posted:

if you look a little harder you might be able to find a pop-up in VA where you can buy actual weed

Should have clarified, the gift gram they give you IS actual weed, but legally you only buy the CBD

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Usually for the bb9 i either hold it over the trash and heat the outside with a torch, or hold it over the kitchen sink (with a paper cone filter in the drain) and pour the leftover boiling water for coffee through it. This too is getting kind of tiresome so some kind of finger-safe but very short glass adapter might be the thing.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Rippin the bong on the front porch, happy Thursday weed thread

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Vashro posted:

is it possible to make gummies using oil from vape cartridges?

yes but it's like making jam with sugar packets

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

The Walrus posted:

yes but it's like making jam with sugar packets
How so? It’s the right substance, and a gram cart should have about 800mg of THC in it which should be enough for many gummies.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Depending on your local prices/availability, it's probably better and less complicated to use wax or shatter. If that's out of the question, it should just be a matter of figuring out how to get it out of the cart, putting it in a pyrex bowl of the appropriate size with whatever fat/oil you use for gummies, and heating the mix for an hour at 200⁰.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

How so? It’s the right substance, and a gram cart should have about 800mg of THC in it which should be enough for many gummies.

insofar as it's a needlessly complicated and wasteful format.

just get oil or tincture.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Oh, I thought the sugar packet part was referencing the small package. And yeah, just thinking of how to empty a cart makes me say no thanks, if there are other options available.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Oh, I thought the sugar packet part was referencing the small package. And yeah, just thinking of how to empty a cart makes me say no thanks, if there are other options available.

You blast it with a hairdryer until it’s super runny and you yank the top off. You then pour it into a silicone container.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

It's my birthday and I'm celebrating it with the only one that's with me on this day.

My weed.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
thanks for the tips. I realize it's inconvenient but my goal was to salvage a bunch of near empty carts into cooking oil or something.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Vashro posted:

thanks for the tips. I realize it's inconvenient but my goal was to salvage a bunch of near empty carts into cooking oil or something.

I'm saving a few carts that died on me just for this reason, one day I'll find the motivation for that project

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Happy birthday to weed.