Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aedaxus
Feb 3, 2019

Solus posted:

You have made 1 post outside of an eve online thread since you joined in 2019 lmao
I read the SomethingAwful.com mainpage since around 2006. It's much more fun than your posts. I think someone posted the exact same thing you posted. Why do you need to see more of my posts? Do you need more personal information? Do I feel secure you are hitting a wall on information about me? Do I feel safe knowing you cannot sleep at night without knowing everything about me? Not really, stop being creepy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
You have made 1 post outside of an eve online thread since you joined in 2019 lmao

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Vando posted:

The guy who supposedly posted the announcement both said it was fake and that it was not accurate to his views, and really without any other evidence I see no reason not to believe him.

I can't find any trace that any of it ever happened. Other than people bringing it up, that is.

I remember it happened but not even google has a trace of it.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Why do members of ASCEE always post like they’re trying to impress Jordan Peterson

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Aedaxus posted:

There have been so many posts I do not find the one where someone of importance indicates that ANYONE who left or was kicked out is free to talk with them in DM to have a chat on joining back in.
Don't you think it's important to have a chat with the people you are about to get back involved in? Would you (and others) not like to make sure the situation is the one you want to be involved in?

As far as I am aware;
Xenuria
- Banned and blacklisted (thanks to Hezzy's relentless effort on getting the truth).

TheMittani
- Walked out through washout lane in shame. Never to be seen again, abandoning the alliance.
- The people around him no longer support him and clearly stated that.
- Has been replaced with a new leader who is leading us.

Yoghzi
- Has been clearly warned not to engage in activities that exclude/insult/threathen part of our community.

So to be sure on what happened to who it would be best advice to talk to those in leadership as I only know a small part of what is going on and most people in GSF don't even know this treasure trove of information I just posted. Let that sink in. Most people just want to enjoy a spaceship game. No one enjoys political emails from anyone, we all pay to play a game and want to enjoy it with people. A place where everyone starts out the same way. And I am glad we as a community were able to oust some very creepy people.

I have never seen someone say so little with so many words.

The entire point of the Imperium offering a blanket amnesty to the people that got banned for making noise about the issues you list is to make reparations.

Even if we don't accept, and have no intention of returning to the Imperium, it would be the right thing to do and a public act to back up the supposed reform.

This isn't about ~~politics~~, it is about being just and egalitarian.

dragonshardz fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Aug 5, 2022

Aedaxus
Feb 3, 2019

dragonshardz posted:

I have never seen someone say so little with so many words.
That's true, I don't really have a to to talk about. So I try to make the best on what was just a short overview of what I think has been made of progress.

EDIT: (just saw your edit).
I understand it would be a very nice gesture. And if you guys are now enjoying what you are doing, there is probably not much chance of you rejoining our ranks. The most important thing is to be in a good group of players. Where you can enjoy the game, because after all, this is supposed to be entertainment.

Aedaxus fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Aug 5, 2022

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
The point of not punishing people for speaking up is so that people don't avoid speaking up because they think they will be punished.

It's not for the benefit of people who have left, it's for the benefit of people who remain.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
The goodness is that all of my poo poo from Delve was finally delivered to asset safety. The bad news is I have 8million m3 of poo poo I need to either sell, ship to Jita or bin

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

The goodness is that all of my poo poo from Delve was finally delivered to asset safety. The bad news is I have 8million m3 of poo poo I need to either sell, ship to Jita or bin

you are welcome to bin it all directly to Suplex Backbreaker ingame and I’ll make sure it’s properly disposed of.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

dragonshardz posted:

So hey, how about that no-questions-asked blanket amnesty?

dragonshardz posted:

The entire point of the Imperium offering a blanket amnesty to the people that got banned for making noise about the issues you list is to make reparations.

You've already had an answer to this several times but what the hell I'll bite too. No one was banned solely for "making noise". Repeating this is an attempt to rewrite history. Several members did things like reposting the summary of events and saying "Mittani needs to go" or similar. They were never punished or kicked, and are still around now.

Something I don't think has been mentioned publicly yet is that a few of the delta ringleaders were set to be banned a while back over obnoxious behaviour in other unrelated events. In a twist of irony those bans were overruled by Mittani. Wonder how much he regrets that now...

Asher has said he's willing to review any individual bans, and some may well be reversed. But there won't be any blanket reversal to open the doors for the handful of people who don't want to return and should have been gone long before last month.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

xtothez posted:

No one was banned solely for "making noise".

Deadtear was shot for posting a sick burn.

I know he didn't have a valid pilot, but his accounts isn't out of compliance or "member status". It's shot dead like all the other blacklisted people.

I'm pretty sure that Shanes account went for a similar harmless reason.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

All my alts were kicked, my main was put on role cooldown and I was removed from services the day after Mittani "stepped down". Even Atrum didn't think my three posts on GSF were kick worthy, so stop with this "no-one was kicked" bullshit because people were

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

xtothez posted:

Something I don't think has been mentioned publicly yet is that a few of the delta ringleaders were set to be banned a while back over obnoxious behaviour in other unrelated events. In a twist of irony those bans were overruled by Mittani. Wonder how much he regrets that now...

As an actually active director at the time, this is either a lie, or ill informed

They were a few directors who had no power or ability to kick people, who have the emotional capacity of a loving potato, who took things like helldump shitposting too seriously and were agitating to kick some people for posting in the forum with, infamously, no rules.**

There’s multiple people who have been banned for the crime of “continuing to post on a forum your ancient loving systems hadn’t automatically removed them from yet because it broke and no one checked”

Atrum himself has said some of the bans were and are bullshit

People are banned and it took a loving week to simply add “Delta Schism” to their blacklist entry lmao.

If you’re gonna make up some loving reasons then be consistent about it, or at least get someone who was actually active at the time to write about it - I burnt my way out of the directorate over how poorly the wider alliance leadership handled it and I’m not particular interested in a disconnected leader from the star chamber accidentally or on purpose rewriting the storyline.

**the same fuckwits who instead of caring about someone being the victim of abuse, decided to throw their toys out of the cot about 300b of isk that Mittani set on fire btw

Solus fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Aug 5, 2022

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

shut the gently caress up about the pubbie organization "goon swarm federation" jesus christ

if i want to read about the trials and tribulations of pubbies i'll go on r*ddit or get reinvited to cesspool

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Anyway, Goonswarm has, years ago at this point, consigned itself to a slow loving death internally as it sits there as a decaying and dying culture thanks to insisting on staying on Jabber for all things and therefore allowing the alliance culture to degrade into nothingness while anything actually social occurs in sig/squad/Corp discords.

Jabber consists of Wibla sad opt-all pings, Yoosetsu saying good morning goons in 12 channels to no response, some skirmish commander getting emotionally abused by John Harltley in the SC Channel and nothing else of note aside from pings. After removing helldump you’re basically killing the forums and at that point you’re basically saying goodbye unified alliance culture.

The warhammer 40k metaphors we all loved are unfortunately accurate in that regard

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Nothing remains but the husk of a fat bee at the centre of a golden throne

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

xtothez posted:

No one was banned solely for "making noise".

I'm retracting this and replacing it with: "most people were not banned solely for making noise". Asher has said there are likely a handful of bans made that would be reversed on appeal. Deadtear's in particular was a 'hack' to remove him because due to being a former moderator the auth system hadn't done it automatically .

The original point still stands though; there won't be a blanket unban as most had valid reasons.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Honestly not really knowing anything about this I'd really like to know which deltas got put up against the wall and how exactly they were toxic.

Right now, afaik "toxic" just means "annoyed someone" and it's super easy to believe that they all got got because they made a stink about pedo-harboring because the pedo was someone important's friend and that someone important wanted to defend their friend by banning all the mean people. This cloak and dagger WE HAD OTHER REASONS bullshit isn't convincing anyone given the current state of affairs. I mean gently caress, if you've got dirt on someone :justpost:

Free Deadtear, ban mittens.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Keep on tweaking the story until you think it will work on us, I reckon there's a bit more work left to go still though

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

People were permanently blacklisted for crimes such as "continuing to post after leaving corp before the auth system got rid of them normally" and "editing the wiki to insultingly yet accurately describe what happened"

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

The horribly outdated and defunct wiki was ~vandalized~! Oh the humanity!

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
The same wiki full of slurs until delta members got mad about it.

I might be confusing it with our load bearing slur emotes that delta got mad about though

Hard to keep track

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Those toxic motherfuckers.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Bigbillthaboss posted:

I thought you were all about geese n stuff now

I'm not. My goal was not to leave GSF. It was to get 2 ppl kicked and then naively trust the new system.

But ive been kicked & banned. And as much as i want to be unbanned, im not gonna go beg Asher for it or ask Atrum to intercede on my behalf.

We should be unbanned on principle. The fact we have to ask for it is, imho, the proof that nothing has really changed. Its a way for Illum to remind us they think we hosed them over. Its a way for them to exert power, "You want back in? Beg!"

If i played EVE regularly, i'd be pissed. But since i mostly just show up for major wars to be a +1 logi, im not too distraught. And I can imagine that for the directorate, my contribution is not worth the time it takes to unban me.

Vando posted:

The point of not punishing people for speaking up is so that people don't avoid speaking up because they think they will be punished.

It's not for the benefit of people who have left, it's for the benefit of people who remain.

Also, this

xtothez posted:

You've already had an answer to this several times but what the hell I'll bite too. No one was banned solely for "making noise". Repeating this is an attempt to rewrite history. Several members did things like reposting the summary of events and saying "Mittani needs to go" or similar. They were never punished or kicked, and are still around now.

Sorry but that's BS. All i did was post in the Q&A thread. A bit angrily maybe, but all I did was post.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Aug 5, 2022

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Aedaxus posted:

I read the SomethingAwful.com mainpage since around 2006. It's much more fun than your posts. I think someone posted the exact same thing you posted. Why do you need to see more of my posts? Do you need more personal information? Do I feel secure you are hitting a wall on information about me? Do I feel safe knowing you cannot sleep at night without knowing everything about me? Not really, stop being creepy.

see this is how we know its all a lie.

There is no mainpage, and even if there were somehow this magical unicorn it never refreshes

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

xtothez posted:

I'm retracting this and replacing it with: "most people were not banned solely for making noise". Asher has said there are likely a handful of bans made that would be reversed on appeal. Deadtear's in particular was a 'hack' to remove him because due to being a former moderator the auth system hadn't done it automatically .

The original point still stands though; there won't be a blanket unban as most had valid reasons.

so i was banned for posting things mittani said in helldump, a place with no rules

was that valid you quisling

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Aedaxus posted:

theres a front page?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Ice Fist posted:

Honestly not really knowing anything about this I'd really like to know which deltas got put up against the wall and how exactly they were toxic.

Right now, afaik "toxic" just means "annoyed someone" and it's super easy to believe that they all got got because they made a stink about pedo-harboring because the pedo was someone important's friend and that someone important wanted to defend their friend by banning all the mean people. This cloak and dagger WE HAD OTHER REASONS bullshit isn't convincing anyone given the current state of affairs. I mean gently caress, if you've got dirt on someone :justpost:

Free Deadtear, ban mittens.

Never Forget. #FreeDeltaSqad

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Dalael posted:

And as much as i want to be unbanned, im not gonna go beg Asher for it or ask Atrum to intercede on my behalf.
Anyone genuinely interested in returning only needs to say so, absolutely no begging required. It's literally just a case of:

a) I expect Asher will want a quick chat with some folks to get their side of things.
b) Not wanting to review everyone's case when most of them ain't coming back anyway. No sense in doing space paperwork when it's not required. We don't love bureaucracy as much as people think.

Aedaxus
Feb 3, 2019

esto es malo posted:

theres a front page?
Yes;
https://www.somethingawful.com/

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

xtothez posted:

lol i was banned literally seconds after i posted, it was absolutely a rage ban idk what you got told my dude

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

xtothez posted:

Deadtear's in particular was a 'hack' to remove him because due to being a former moderator the auth system hadn't done it automatically .

I think my eyes just dislocated from rolling so hard

try again, you might get a little closer next time

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

It's perfectly fine to say "we won't be issuing a public pardon for those people we kicked out of the alliance for pointing out the enabling and rotten culture that exists in the alliance, because if we do, we'll be acknowledging that everything they said is true and we can't give our enemies propaganda. Also, we haven't even fixed the issues they raised, so what's the actual point?"

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

xtothez posted:

The parents of the kids who were molested and have been ex-communicated from the church when the pedophila scandal hit in the 80's, must have an interview with the pope before being let back into the faith.

ftfy

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

xtothez posted:

Anyone genuinely interested in returning only needs to say so, absolutely no begging required. It's literally just a case of:

a) I expect Asher will want a quick chat with some folks to get their side of things.
b) Not wanting to review everyone's case when most of them ain't coming back anyway. No sense in doing space paperwork when it's not required. We don't love bureaucracy as much as people think.

Like an exit interview? Hell with that poo poo. I left on my accord. When I knew the people with the moral high ground. Were getting purged, black listed, and banned for being correct.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

It's perfectly fine to say "we won't be issuing a public pardon for those people we kicked out of the alliance for pointing out the enabling and rotten culture that exists in the alliance, because if we do, we'll be acknowledging that everything they said is true and we can't give our enemies propaganda. Also, we haven't even fixed the issues they raised, so what's the actual point?"

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

xtothez posted:

xttz i like you but this is stupid. The reasons given for "not banning mittani" and "all the people banned for 'drama' need to ask individually to be let back in" are stupid and dumb. "We're lazy" isn't any better. And stop appending "space" to everything as this handwavy "it's just videogames" bullshit because the problem in the first place is that real life abuse was being treated like video game bullshit.

The point isn't if Mittani has any more power or if he'll want to come back at all, nor is the point that a lot of the people ragebanned don't even want back. Just ban him and unban everyone banned for 'drama' and be done with it. There is no good reason to not do that stuff.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

xarph posted:

I predict that mittens will be running horde in a year

:hmmyes:

Good call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Xolve posted:

GSF doesn't want to associate with SA any longer, from their own admission.

Having an SA account, which is less than 1% of applications to GoonSwarm, isn't an 'in' anymore, so, if anything, they barely deserve to get listed at all.

an off handed quote from one guy one time that no longer has power

jumping to conclusions are we

dragonshardz posted:

in things we already knew, globby knows nothing about Goosefleet at all, continues to post dumb lies and bad takes because we won't let him in

ew no, gross, that group sucks!