Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Powershift posted:

Motor Trend tested the Honda Civic Sport(lol) HPD(lmao) at 0-60 in 9.2 seconds and 17.0@86.5 quarter mile.

Jesus' Christ, I did a faster quarter mile in my old stock 97 protege like 20 years ago. And I wasn't even dumping the clutch that hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I have a Bronco Sport OUTER BANKS EDITION as a rental car and I gotta be honest, I don't hate it. The interior is fairly nice - some very cheap components let it down, but it's got a clear identity and style and feels intentional. Lots of handy storage pockets, brown seats with gray heather cloth accents, and copper colored plastic accents make it a more interesting car. I kind of like the exterior styling and it seems to be quite popular with regular people.

Driving experience is like what if we had an Escape, but truckier, which is not terrible. It handles OK though you feel the size/mass in corners. The engine and transmission work well and seem better implemented than on the Escape, although fuel economy is worse. I think this must be the 2.0 245hp model as it gets out of its way pretty welll. It reminds me a bit of the Element, only modern (and without the hose-out interior).

It actually makes me even more interested in the gas-powered AWD Maverick.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

Jesus' Christ, I did a faster quarter mile in my old stock 97 protege like 20 years ago. And I wasn't even dumping the clutch that hard

My younger benchracing self would have loved the current state of cars.

Civic:

Price: $24,765
0-60: 9.2
1/4 mile: 17@86.5mph
70-0: 170ft
Fuel economy 30/37
Sheets of 3/4" plywood it can haul in the back: 0

Maverick hybrid

Price: $23,885
0-60: 7.7
1/4 mile: 15.9@90mph
70-0: 158ft
Fuel economy: 42/33
Sheets of 3/4" plywood it can haul in the back: 15+

Why would anybody ever choose a Civic over the Maverick.

Just a shame it has been killed in Canada by dealers.

Even without their $10k mark-up, they only seem to order the $45k sticker trucks.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 5, 2022

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

The civic has more space for the rear seats.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I have a Bronco Sport OUTER BANKS EDITION as a rental car and I gotta be honest, I don't hate it. The interior is fairly nice - some very cheap components let it down, but it's got a clear identity and style and feels intentional. Lots of handy storage pockets, brown seats with gray heather cloth accents, and copper colored plastic accents make it a more interesting car. I kind of like the exterior styling and it seems to be quite popular with regular people.

Driving experience is like what if we had an Escape, but truckier, which is not terrible. It handles OK though you feel the size/mass in corners. The engine and transmission work well and seem better implemented than on the Escape, although fuel economy is worse. I think this must be the 2.0 245hp model as it gets out of its way pretty welll. It reminds me a bit of the Element, only modern (and without the hose-out interior).

Pretty sure the Outer Banks only comes with the 1.5 Ecoboost. Also, lol $40k out the door without dealer markup

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Powershift posted:

Plywood storage...plywood storage. I don't even own a plywood, let alone many plywoods that would necessitate an entire bed. What am I gonna do, with plywood?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cage posted:

Plywood storage...plywood storage. I don't even own a plywood, let alone many plywoods that would necessitate an entire bed. What am I gonna do, with plywood?

build a fort

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Check the VIN dude or post it here, first thing I do when I get a rental car is check a VIN decoder and see which one of 19 trims of the model and year I have. But I am a weirdo so.

Bronco is gonna be a nice success for Ford. The F-150 Lightning is getting a good amount of buzz with regular people as well.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Powershift posted:

build a fort

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

KillHour posted:

NGL, the idea of having a HUD and not wanting to use it is loving weird to me. HUDs are one of the best safety and convenience features of the century.

100% agree. Im to the point where it would sway which vehicle Id buy if one of the vehicles Im comparing is missing this feature going forward. I love them. I seriously go through build configuration tools for vehicles and look for HUD as an option.

The Macan doesn't have it as an option and even though Im wrong, it sways me more towards a X3 because of this.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

Powershift posted:

Even without their $10k mark-up, they only seem to order the $45k sticker trucks.

If they're only going to get a scarce few stock units outside of customer orders it makes sense to buy the blingiest configuration you can and maximize the profit.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

The base corolla hatch is faster and costs half as much lol

What a shame

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Mustache Ride posted:

Pretty sure the Outer Banks only comes with the 1.5 Ecoboost. Also, lol $40k out the door without dealer markup

yeah i checked the trim and you are right. it feels pretty good honestly, plenty of power. but yeah sticker including D&D is 38,7 (D&D is loving 1600 now wtf)

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Acura has long been shown to be an utter waste of time and money. Wrap it up hondailures

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Some of the most aggravating drives I've gone on are Highway 52 between Rochester and the Twin Cities because of this. We spent about 30 miles doing a little ballet rotating which of FOUR cars was in the lead going 70-75 MPH. I got fed up, smashed the gas to put a quarter mile between us, then set my cruise to 75. Ten minutes later the three of them screamed by me going about 85.

Oh hey, that's the road I see them on too. It's just flat enough to make people think they can plant their foot in one position and forget about it and just hilly enough to call them out on it.

carry on then fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Aug 5, 2022

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Car and Driver got a much better number out of it: https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a40051658/2023-acura-integra-drive/

Maybe the 90s really have returned and we're being reminded that the editors of Motortrend can't drive.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Twerk from Home posted:

Check out this lineup from 1992, how would the 2023 Acura Integra stack up to some cheap cars from 30 years ago: https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparison-test/a35884953/1992-fun-four-cylinder-two-door-showdown/

Those cars have very impressive braking distances from 700mph-0

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

Those cars have very impressive braking distances from 700mph-0

For the first ~400mph, wind resistance is doing most of the work.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

PeterWeller posted:

Car and Driver got a much better number out of it: https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a40051658/2023-acura-integra-drive/

Maybe the 90s really have returned and we're being reminded that the editors of Motortrend can't drive.

They must have been uncompromsing on the clutch and slamming the gears because for a 1360kg car with 150Kw and 260NM that's a decent time.

Not particularly greaaaaat compared to everything else (A 1.5 litre turbo isnt exactly what I would call an appropiate engine for a ca that size and weight) tho.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Here are some notes on a 2020 Toyota Camry SE that I had as a rental last week:
  • Really efficient. Returned 39 MPG over 570 miles of driving, and indicated 41 MPG at 75 MPH cruise. 5 years ago you'd have to drive a gutless Corolla to get a non-hybrid this efficient.
  • Powertrain doesn't make any performance or drivability sacrifices for efficiency in normal operation. Throttle tip-in is especially aggressive.
  • Soft ride quality overall, though small impacts are more present than I'd like in the cabin. Steering is light.
  • Competent on a backroad, but still not fun. Does not feel nimble, and the powertrain is not eager.
  • Good interior UX, and great visibility for a modern car. Seats are flat and wide. The A/C is icebox cold.
  • Cheap interior. The interior materials felt like they were selected for their low cost, and how easy they were to clean. There was always something rattling in the interior when I was driving. The stereo was so bad I thought something was broken when I first played music. CarPlay took about 30 seconds after start-up to be ready whereas it's ready after a few seconds in my Mazda. Honda and Kia do better jobs at making their base-trim cars not feel so cheap.
The Camry is an easy car to live with that doesn't do anything seriously wrong. I'd say the Camry is the 2nd best car in the class today after the Accord, given the Hyundai/Kia dealer experience, and the sketchy reliability of Hyundai's modern 4-cylinder engines.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

but what if you got the TRD Camry? that one's supposed to be fun and sporty.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

No AWD option and an open diff.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Full Collapse posted:

No AWD option and an open diff.

Can you even get a midsize with 300 HP and AWD for less than like $45k?

gently used Taurus I guess

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

carry on then posted:

Not a midsize, but the GR Corolla hits the rest of that with a projected $31k

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Toyota already having an AWD Camry with the I4 is my argument

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

But not having a limited slip in your sport model these days is pretty lame

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Full Collapse posted:

But not having a limited slip in your sport model these days is pretty lame

Artificial segmentation baby, gotta step up to the Lexus/Acura/Genesis for that.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Not a midsize, but the GR Corolla hits the rest of that with a projected $31k

Sorry, but there is no way a GR Corolla is going to MSRP at $31k. I will be incredibly surprised if it even starts with a 3.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

carry on then posted:

Artificial segmentation baby, gotta step up to the Lexus/Acura/Genesis for that.

Is the G70 even good? I know the auto press praises it but somehow I’m not convinced the actual experience of living with the car day to day justifies picking it over a 3 series or a C class.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I never use cruise control and it's part of why I really like the hud in my car. The main reason I don't use it is it's uncomfortable for me to keep my right foot hovering over the gas or brake for extended periods of time. I realize I could keep my foot slightly depressing the gas but honestly highway speeds are a pretty comfortable amount of gas pedal pressure for me and maintaining a specific speed exactly helps keep me engaged with driving. I don't vary up and down by more than 1 mph and I can generally keep it on an exact speed for a minute or more at a time without adjusting, depending how hilly things are.

I have adaptive cruise in my new car and I thought I'd like using it in traffic but I just don't feel secure relying on the car to brake.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

carry on then posted:

I paid 38k for a CTS V-Sport with 32k miles which is a full size with 420 HP. RWD only, but you can get an AWD V6 CTS for less and that has over 300.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

BlackMK4 posted:

Sorry, but there is no way a GR Corolla is going to MSRP at $31k. I will be incredibly surprised if it even starts with a 3.

The Yaris GR stickered at roughly double what the base cost so I'd expect the GR Corolla to be somewhere in the $40s for the USA

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

dissss posted:

The Yaris GR stickered at roughly double what the base cost so I'd expect the GR Corolla to be somewhere in the $40s for the USA

40's was my thought too. The new CTR stickers at $39k and that is a higher production car with a more simple drivetrain, I can't see Toyota coming in under that.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BlackMK4 posted:

40's was my thought too. The new CTR stickers at $39k and that is a higher production car with a more simple drivetrain, I can't see Toyota coming in under that.

They could msrp it for $5 and dealers will cheerfully mark it up to $60,000.

Kivi
Aug 1, 2006
I care
E: Re: Integra sloooow

It probably had to shift three times to reach 60. It makes for more fun driving experience (more shifting!) but won't win any bench races.

My old Honda was like that. 0-100 took over 8 secs in stock trim, but bumping up the red line via software meant it could do 60 in 2nd and would reach low 7s.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Kraftwerk posted:

Is the G70 even good? I know the auto press praises it but somehow I’m not convinced the actual experience of living with the car day to day justifies picking it over a 3 series or a C class.

As long as you get the V6, the G70 is actually good, not just good for the price. The only complaints I had with the V6 G70 I drove was that the back seat and trunk sucked if you had to use them regularly, and the dealer experience is extremely YMMV.

Yes, the M340i is better if you can afford it. But if you can afford an M340i, and live somewhere where you can work out the chassis regularly, you should get a CT4-V Blackwing for a similar price.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

I never use cruise control and it's part of why I really like the hud in my car. The main reason I don't use it is it's uncomfortable for me to keep my right foot hovering over the gas or brake for extended periods of time.

That's not how most people use cruise control.

If traffic is light enough to use conventional cruise control you don't need to have your foot ready to slam on the brakes at a moments notice. If you need to be able to hit the brakes instantaneously then you shouldn't have cruise on.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

*black and white footage of someone rigging a rickety support to hold their foot over the brake pedal* THERE'S GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY!

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a40771105/2023-ford-gm-truck-price-increase/

quote:

The Raptor's base price will increase by $5220 for 2023, with the Limited going up $6285. The price for our preferred trim, the Lariat, swells $7580 from 2022 to the 2023 model year.

Well, it looks like paying $5k dealer markup on a 2022 model might still be coming out ahead if 2023 models cost $7580 more. This is happening for many manufacturers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Kivi posted:

E: Re: Integra sloooow

It probably had to shift three times to reach 60. It makes for more fun driving experience (more shifting!) but won't win any bench races.

My old Honda was like that. 0-100 took over 8 secs in stock trim, but bumping up the red line via software meant it could do 60 in 2nd and would reach low 7s.

I wasnt expecting a leader level Time Attack car, but it's a bit disheartening to think that in 2023, they accomplished the performance benchmarks from my 1990 Ford Probe :(