Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

afaik you're not allowed to say it outside of the aus, ireland, and uk threads

yeah the point is that it's not considered a slur in those cultures and is a common phrase like how north americans might say "you fucker"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

If the forums censored cunts there'd be nobody posting in D&D at all :haw:

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Zero_Grade posted:

^^^ Whoa, a whole pack of morons!

OP is obviously not the idiot:
https://twitter.com/LauraJedeed/status/1555557890806644738

(For those unaware CPAC stands for Conservative Political Action Conference. It's traditionally been an annual gathering where Republicans compete to say the wildest poo poo possible, until recently where there's spinoff imitation CPACs like every other week).

https://twitter.com/JordanOnRecord/status/1555590553508749312

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

What’s a silent disco headset

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A silent disco I believe is like a normal disco except everyone wears headphones rather than playing the music on speakers.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Arivia posted:

yeah the point is that it's not considered a slur in those cultures and is a common phrase like how north americans might say "you fucker"

In Ireland, it's not a slur, but it is considered extremely rude, way ruder than gently caress or poo poo.
I used it last week to describe some hard right rear end in a top hat, and because I was talking to my mother, I was momentarily embarrassed, said "excuse me, I meant to say 'that evil motherfucker'"
And she understood that I was trying to be a little less coarse.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Easy marks or what ever, but jesus christ:

https://twitter.com/djdunclive/status/1555362181071351808

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

was he trying to sleep through his wife's delivery??

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Aha, that's that Milo-esque gay dude who is all "I'M A FORMER LIBERAL" now, he's popped up in here before.

I saw "queersling" in this thread and I have since stolen this term for my own use.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Some dumb rear end in a top hat In line behind me at Costco when I was getting pizza kept talking about how monkey pox is just herpes and it’s about gay people. Also china. Who we should nuke.

It was like someone posting in real life it sucked.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

OwlFancier posted:

A silent disco I believe is like a normal disco except everyone wears headphones rather than playing the music on speakers.

Why would such thing exist

Sounds like something made up by the kind of dead-eyed sociopath rich people who throw sober raves and things like that

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

Why would such thing exist

Sounds like something made up by the kind of dead-eyed sociopath rich people who throw sober raves and things like that

"Silent discos are popular at music festivals as they allow dancing to continue past noise curfews." Apparently the first mention of one was an Astroboy comic from 1967.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_disco#History

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Every year at the Edinburgh festival there’s silent walking discos where someone leads a line of a dozen paying customers around the city, dancing away to their headphones and everyone loving hates them.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Read After Burning posted:

Aha, that's that Milo-esque gay dude who is all "I'M A FORMER LIBERAL" now, he's popped up in here before.

I saw "queersling" in this thread and I have since stolen this term for my own use.

So I just thread searched to see who first used the term in the thread and it's been used twice - both times by you.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

There was an episode of that WeCrashed series that took place at one. It was very lmao

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
bliffnarg

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
a very handsome, intelligent, and well-endowed poster itt once coined the phrase "bliffnarg" which I have now stolen for my own use

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

In some more light-hearted news, Bob Odenkirk's Twitter likes have exposed him as a women's feet enjoyer.

That's TWO Breaking Bad cast members that have been horny on main!
https://twitter.com/deanjnorris/status/999149383038971904

Inceltown posted:

So I just thread searched to see who first used the term in the thread and it's been used twice - both times by you.

christmas boots posted:

a very handsome, intelligent, and well-endowed poster itt once coined the phrase "bliffnarg" which I have now stolen for my own use

My mistake, it was a D&D thread I had been skimming, ha. I've definitely seen it on some queer-focused subreddits as well.

I AM handsome, intelligent, and well-endowed though. :wiggle:

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 21:36 on Aug 5, 2022

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Better Call Sole

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Read After Burning posted:

In some more light-hearted news, Bob Odenkirk's Twitter likes have exposed him as a women's feet enjoyer.

That's TWO Breaking Bad cast members that have been horny on main!
https://twitter.com/deanjnorris/status/999149383038971904

My mistake, it was a D&D thread I had been skimming, ha. I've definitely seen it on some queer-focused subreddits as well.

I AM handsome, intelligent, and well-endowed though. :wiggle:

Amazing that he still hasn't deleted sex gifs lmao. Has he ever commented on it?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Dude can't even bend a spoon and he wants to try to bend a missile?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

This is the kind of poo poo that would make a person launch missiles they had no intention of firing in the first place

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I am visualizing a slightly smaller tactical nuke hitting Uri Geller only

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I recently found out that the missile used to assassinate Al-Zawahiri was a kinetic kill missile, basically a bunch of swords strapped to a rocket engine and a guidance package.

Let's see Uri Geller try to bend one of those :v:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Kit Walker posted:

This is the kind of poo poo that would make a person launch missiles they had no intention of firing in the first place

Welp, I'm pro-Russia now. Nuke 'em hard, Comrade Vlad. Change him for Uri Geller to Irradiated Feller.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Tarezax posted:

I recently found out that the missile used to assassinate Al-Zawahiri was a kinetic kill missile, basically a bunch of swords strapped to a rocket engine and a guidance package.

Holy poo poo that's the best thing I've seen all day.

"Sir we could launch the regular missile, or we have this other one that's like...a bunch of swords duct taped to a rocket engine"

"The gently caress arent we firing the sword rockets all the time?! Replace everything with sword rockets!"

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

News: Cracker Barrel added an item to their menu. It's Impossible sausage (spoilered if you don't want ruin the surprise reveal in image 1, but it's really not too hard to guess). Note that no items were removed, meaning you can still get your dose of country fried steak, hash browns, and/or biscuits 'n gravy (pro tip: pick this one).

Views: https://twitter.com/whyangelinawhy/status/1554531082816602112

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

joylessdivision posted:

Holy poo poo that's the best thing I've seen all day.

"Sir we could launch the regular missile, or we have this other one that's like...a bunch of swords duct taped to a rocket engine"

"The gently caress arent we firing the sword rockets all the time?! Replace everything with sword rockets!"

Something the US invented for use with drones in the Middle East, as it happens. There was serious concern that the Switchblade munition might be considered a war crime when they were first used.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Nice try, Yuri.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
He's totally tarnishing my memory of the TV adaption of "Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrel" which was a pretty good show about English wizards doing magic for their country during one of the world wars while also dealing with Fey folk accidentally getting involved. At one point Mr Norrel puts up a barrier around the british isles (the government commissions him to) and Jonathan Strange has to rescue a british boat that gets caught on it using a different spell. Uri's just a really poo poo version of Mr Norrel, because he can't actually DO the spells.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Zero_Grade posted:

News: Cracker Barrel added an item to their menu. It's Impossible sausage (spoilered if you don't want ruin the surprise reveal in image 1, but it's really not too hard to guess). Note that no items were removed, meaning you can still get your dose of country fried steak, hash browns, and/or biscuits 'n gravy (pro tip: pick this one).

Views: https://twitter.com/whyangelinawhy/status/1554531082816602112

As always, the vegan products just drive some people absolutely batshit.

Ah well, at least I'll actually be able to cobble together something new the next time my partner's mom wants to go to Cracker Barrel. Seriously, it's previously been one of the hardest places to piece together a meal. I've had an easier time of it at straight up steakhouses.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Tarezax posted:

I think they invented these to reduce collateral damage and civilian casualties (lol). They're typically aimed at vehicles IIRC; easy to hit the roof of a car and everyone in it is close enough together to get gibbed. There are photos alleged to be from the scene of some of these assassinations, if you dare. They seem comparably effective to a bomb.

EDIT: apparently they hit him on his balcony because he never leaves the house.

Mister Speaker has a new favorite as of 23:40 on Aug 5, 2022

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

BioEnchanted posted:

He's totally tarnishing my memory of the TV adaption of "Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrel" which was a pretty good show about English wizards doing magic for their country during one of the world wars while also dealing with Fey folk accidentally getting involved. At one point Mr Norrel puts up a barrier around the british isles (the government commissions him to) and Jonathan Strange has to rescue a british boat that gets caught on it using a different spell. Uri's just a really poo poo version of Mr Norrel, because he can't actually DO the spells.

Napoleonic wars, not world wars. Is the show good? I loved the book and heard good things about the show, but never got around to it.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Cythereal posted:

Something the US invented for use with drones in the Middle East, as it happens. There was serious concern that the Switchblade munition might be considered a war crime when they were first used.

I think the sword missile is different from the switchblade.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AeroVironment_Switchblade

Volcott has a new favorite as of 23:37 on Aug 5, 2022

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Van Kraken posted:

Napoleonic wars, not world wars. Is the show good? I loved the book and heard good things about the show, but never got around to it.

The guy who played Norrell is a massive turd in real life but the series was pretty well done for a BBC thing.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

ultrafilter posted:

Just slightly too long for a username.
G.I. Girlfriend fits, though

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Cythereal posted:

I mean if the US did it yes, it's probably a war crime in some way. We're really good at doing those and then never actually doing anything about it other than shrugging our shoulders and saying "Won't do it again, Pinkie promise"

:911:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Isn’t the sword missile supposed to cause less collateral damage or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

christmas boots posted:

Isn’t the sword missile supposed to cause less collateral damage or something?

That's what the marketing team at Raytheon say about it. No reason to think they'd lie about something like this.