Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Hmm that person doesn't have a blue checkmark, I don't think I should listen to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1555038749238743040

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1555026021396758529?s=20&t=NRvYf5mlwMJlqpXNe1kBbQ

Let's fuckin gooo

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
was thinking of these for no reason the other day except laughing with the dry boys

a good CTH ep makes you feel like it's 2016/2020 again where hope existed that America could get its poo poo together somehow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxlR3AS8wUU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moNHfeBJ81I

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

That seems ill advised

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Fuckin' Must-See TV right here

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Oh hell yeah Taiping Rebellion.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
Oh god, I did a paper on the Taiping in college. Hope I don't end up yelling into my phone at Matt for GETTING THINGS WRONG!!!!1

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

This is definitely ableist, but please don't let that stop it from happening

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

snoremac posted:

10 minutes into this episode and have no idea what they're talking about.

I just turned it off and came to the thread thinking "I know they are past caring, but would a coherent paragraph of context that introduces the subject matter the guest is talking about really be too much to ask?"

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

PostNouveau posted:

Brace is cool. I was somewhat baffled by the start of this one though. Takes them ~25 minutes to establish who they are talking about though. Really should have started the pod with that. I thought this was a random group of hobo twitch streamers they were dunking on for a long time.

ah. well they can't all be winners

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

they're a cult run by a guy I'm 100% convinced is a fed who jumped from various black liberation movements (that kept kicking him out because he was obviously at 'best' a nutjob nobody respected and at 'worst' a COINTELPRO flunkie) until he started his own group that mainly just called Anne Frank a bitch and publicly near instantly teamed up with fellow fed riddled group The Proud Boys. There was just a hostage thing where the leader got busted.

Has anymore come out about all this? What happened to the leader who was raping homeless kids at gunpoint. I had never even heard of the group before.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Jippa posted:

Has anymore come out about all this? What happened to the leader who was raping homeless kids at gunpoint. I had never even heard of the group before.

quote:

When police searched the home, they ordered Kodzo and nine other people outside. In the houes, they found an 18-year-old man named Amonte T. Ammons dead of what police call an “an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.”

Now Kodzo, a 36-year-old whose legal name is Augustus C. Romain, faces a bevy of criminal charges, including aggravated sodomy, two counts of conspiracy to commit a felony, two counts of false imprisonment, two counts of kidnapping, two counts of aggravated assault, and two counts of criminal street gang activity, according to a press release from the Fayetteville Police Department. Further details on the charges weren’t available Wednesday from the police.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
What's the middle name? Caesar?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol 36, I thought he was like 25 at the oldest

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

i say swears online posted:

lol 36, I thought he was like 25 at the oldest

Same. That’s wild.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

The 36-year-old Zoomer

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
he seems to have given a different age every time someone asked him so who knows.

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO
have we posted this already
https://mcrumps.substack.com/p/my-own-dimes-square-fascist-humiliation?r=2efo&s=r

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I want to know more about Frederick Townsend Ward and Chinese Gordon; they sound like cool guys.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

an eight thousand word substack article by someone i've never heard of? yeah it's been posted and discussed thoroughly itt

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
My Own Pizza Shovel Monkey Dishwasher Depression Sermon

https://twitter.com/mcrumps/status/1550193131949375495

RIP Johannes Keppler, we loved you for being an asexual furry Posadist antinomian colonizer and programming video games with Derek Smart and Nolan Bushnell

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 5, 2022

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
what is going on??

e: *bust rodd voice* Mc Rumps

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the new yorkers are at it again...

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Hold up

Andy Warhol just now died?? I thought he died in the 80s

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Imagine Matt seeing this guy, in person, on acid

https://twitter.com/LauraJedeed/status/1555557890806644738?s=20&t=7oMJXwhctmp2bpbar16zdg

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Shockingly soy, although in many ways the Nazis themselves were pretty soy I guess?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
there's nothing more american conservative than making a fruity little performance art space to let some suburbanite con goers go gawk at a sobbing actor pretending to be one of them being oppressed before getting some Patriot Corn Dogs or whatever the gently caress they have around there.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

holy poo poo lmao

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Oh it gets better

https://twitter.com/jordanonrecord/status/1555590553508749312?s=21&t=KQthZ17b75rUSiaOI23Cmg

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

okay gently caress THIS is american conservatism, that poo poo I said but the fruity little actor is actually a dude who actively avoided the fictional oppression he's showing off by being a snitch and putting others in the movement in jail.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

that's so cool lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

imagine being some dallas suburbanite harley dad who just got eight years in leavenworth and he sees this motherfucker on tv during rec hours

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

porfiria posted:

Shockingly soy, although in many ways the Nazis themselves were pretty soy I guess?
Y'know how Felix has been saying that everyone online is adopting this tactic of "I'm such a huge pussy that you're not allowed to be mean to me?" The greatest trick the Right pulled was convincing people that acting like a pathetic weakling is an inherently left-wing tactic. They do this poo poo all the time now.

For example, the way they coopt slogans like "I can't breathe" and "My body my choice" to whine about masks and vaccines.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I saw the Christ man like this on Twitter. It did nothing but assure me that New York City is full of weird self-important assholes.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

as soon as I read "New York’s downtown wannabe art scene" I closed the tab

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Rhesus Pieces posted:

as soon as I read "New York’s downtown wannabe art scene" I closed the tab

That's where I scrolled down to see how long it would go from there and after 3 thumb swipes of text wall with no end in sight, thought better of continuing

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Will made this tweet that made me think the piece might be a fun dunking-upon, but then it just kept going.
https://mobile.twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1555234711533785088

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

thiel giving money to the lamest rich kids to make really bad art is pretty funny but I also wanted to give that writer a wedgie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's thirty loving pages