Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

You would be surprised how many people are robots and don't think even a half-step ahead.

poo poo Jordan was seemingly unaware of this most obvious response to his gay wedding cake stance.

Don't take fascists at face value. He was aware of the most obvious response. He just got backed into a corner and it was either drop the mask or keep the mask on. He chose to keep the mask on. You could see the utter disdain in his face when he answered. It wasn't a moment of serious self reflection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

The Fattest PI posted:

Don't take fascists at face value. He was aware of the most obvious response. He just got backed into a corner and it was either drop the mask or keep the mask on. He chose to keep the mask on. You could see the utter disdain in his face when he answered. It wasn't a moment of serious self reflection.

but thats what got him a following and support. he kept the mask on and cloaked his weird trad bullshit in tweed suit academic jargon and stories and poo poo, now he busted his own brain so the mask is at best half off now if not fully off which apperently makes some of his followers uncomfortable because they want secular bigotry. not whatever the gently caress jorp is.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah it's just even still if he looks at the camera and says "black people don't deserve equal rights" then that'll be it for a lot of people. He can hide his fascist poo poo in the right-wing popular LGBT hate still. He can spout literal nazi poo poo about gay people or trans people or women or whatever, and conservatives love it.
If he goes fully open white supremacist, he loses whatever credibility remains among a big chunk of his fans I think.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

The Fattest PI posted:

Yeah it's just even still if he looks at the camera and says "black people don't deserve equal rights" then that'll be it for a lot of people. He can hide his fascist poo poo in the right-wing popular LGBT hate still. He can spout literal nazi poo poo about gay people or trans people or women or whatever, and conservatives love it.
If he goes fully open white supremacist, he loses whatever credibility remains among a big chunk of his fans I think.

i think it also depends on how he spews his hate. alot of younger chuds and rogan types just want to poo poo on twitter progressives/liberals and get mad about "Nerd culture" being ruined or whatever, they are still bigoted fucks but their bigotry is more secular and shallower. they want to be able to go to high school 4chan days and call people the f word and laugh at "freaks" and poo poo and are mad that its not socially acceptible too. jorp was able to appeal to those assholes through the college lecture/story time poo poo. but now he is showing all rear end with weird trad uber poo poo and evangelical church lady poo poo, which they don't want because many are old enough to remember those types being killjoy assholes in the 80s/90s/every early 00s. chud bigotry isnt a monolinth least not fully. they all hate the same people but differing degrees and levels. idk. gently caress chuds.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Aug 5, 2022

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I think that's the optimistic case. I think a lot of these assholes are able to realize "wait, but this time I would be the one in charge" and will happily make that leap. This is what you see with redpill assholes going all tradcath/orthodox/deus vult à la Roosh. https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...fb3d_story.html

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Anne Whateley posted:

I think that's the optimistic case. I think a lot of these assholes are able to realize "wait, but this time I would be the one in charge" and will happily make that leap. This is what you see with redpill assholes going all tradcath/orthodox/deus vult à la Roosh. https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...fb3d_story.html

oh they exist but its mostly the weird sex monster bigot grifters/hosed up rich kids who hate themselves and need to find jesus to fill their voids. hillbilly elergy rear end in a top hat is one now. my point is it shrinks their audience a lot more and most become like rod dreher, doomers who run off to hungary and pretend to not be predators.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Aug 5, 2022

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I thought I was in the Alex Jones thread for a few moments, and then I realized that the line is blurring so much right now.

Just another lovely white grey tomato-red-with-anger man.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I thought I was in the Alex Jones thread for a few moments, and then I realized that the line is blurring so much right now.

Just another lovely white grey tomato-red-with-anger man.
They are both good buddies with Joe Rogan. Connections aplenty between them.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Zugzwang posted:

They are both good buddies with Joe Rogan. Connections aplenty between them.

Ah, the triumvirate of poo poo.

At least Rush Limbaugh's loving dead. :toot:

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Thank you for the happy reminder :buddy:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Stink Billyums posted:

cody helpfully condensing this thread into a mere 3 hours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSNWkRw53Jo

quote:

mere 3 hours

quote:

3 hours

:gizz:

dot communist posted:

I've heard the lobster jokes but I've never actually bothered to look into his original argument and good god, the lengths Jorpy goes to in order to establish his support for the status quo are, uh, lengthy

1) Pumping lobsters with serotonin makes them aggressive
2) Aggressive lobsters dominate the lobster hierarchy
3) Dominant lobsters reap the rewards of their position
4) Lobsters are older than trees
5) Hierarchies are older than trees
6) Hierarchies are a fundamental part of nature
7) Patriarchy and capitalism are hierarchies
8) Supporting patriarchy and capitalism is natural and good, actually
9) Give me money

i legitimately don't get it. like, even if all that stuff is true, why should any of us give a poo poo? there are many behaviors that are probably around hundreds of millions of years (like walking around naked) that doesn't mean we should just go ahead and accept such behaviors. it's literally the naturalistic fallacy. bonobos are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay closer to humans and have a matriarchal system, so why don't we do what they're doing? i mean, we all know why...

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
You know you hosed up at some point when your mortal enemies are best described as being awake and having morals.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I've been enjoying the videos splicing JorP into Command and Conquer cutscenes. He fits right in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPmx9wpnLTo

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Aug 5, 2022

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

this isn't necessarily news per se, but this thread on r/enoughpetersonspam about jorp's foundational problem with "compelled speech" is even more moronic than it already seemed:

quote:

Realized this reading the thread about the lobster bitching about his job putting the 'respect people's pronouns" flyer. Another poster here pointed out how companies having customer greetings is an example of "compelled speech". a cashier at McDonald's is COMPELLED to say "welcome to mcdonald's". an employee can be COMPELLED his employer to address him as "MISTER *insert last name here*. a soldier in the military is COMPELLED to address officers of a higher rank as whatever their designated rank is. as a customer service rep, i was COMPELLED to say "hello, my name is Hyperking, how may I direct your call today?".

and of course, how do you think the lobster king would act if one of his students didn't feel COMPELLED enough to call him "Dr." or "Professor"? OF COURSE he would throw in an utter shitfit!

https://www.reddit.com/r/enoughpetersonspam/comments/wgj0ek/im_sort_of_ashamed_to_realize_this_just_now_but/

jorp always made it sound like bill c-16 was doing something that had never in history been done before, when in fact we've all been using very obvious instances of compelled speech all the goddamned time

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Mr Interweb posted:

this isn't necessarily news per se, but this thread on r/enoughpetersonspam about jorp's foundational problem with "compelled speech" is even more moronic than it already seemed:

https://www.reddit.com/r/enoughpetersonspam/comments/wgj0ek/im_sort_of_ashamed_to_realize_this_just_now_but/

jorp always made it sound like bill c-16 was doing something that had never in history been done before, when in fact we've all been using very obvious instances of compelled speech all the goddamned time
I think the new thing from him was his claim that C-16 would make it literally a crime to refuse to use someone’s pronouns or to misgender/deadname them. Not just punishable or fireable or whatever.

Of course, he was full of poo poo and he just plain hates transpeople, so.

Zugzwang fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Aug 5, 2022

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Mr Interweb posted:

nevermind the fact that you can't yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater and incite a panic/trampling.

but then again, dipshits are dipshits and can hand wave these things all away.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
So "Conceptual James" was just permabanned from Twitter. So Orwellian, maaaaan.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

WaryWarren posted:

So "Conceptual James" was just permabanned from Twitter. So Orwellian, maaaaan.

Yeah he finally got clipped for his QTing randos with "ok groomer" shtick - this time he said "ok kid sexualization expert" or something.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

Yeah he finally got clipped for his QTing randos with "ok groomer" shtick - this time he said "ok kid sexualization expert" or something.

which is rich coming from someone who palled around with Nicki Clyne.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Also you're not actually compelled to refer to people by their preferred pronouns; you just can't misgender them. It's exactly as compelled as any other anti-discrimination laws or laws against threats or defamation, they don't force you to say anything, they just declare things you can't or shouldn't say.

i refuse to believe anyone gave him the time of day for any reason other than that they too wanted an excuse to be a bigot because it was always obvious that that was what he actually cared about

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yes C-16 was specifically about workplace harassment. In the same way you couldn't call a colleague sugar-tits or thunderthighs, you likewise couldn't be aggressively lovely to trans people.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Slotducks posted:

nevermind the fact that you can't yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater and incite a panic/trampling.

but then again, dipshits are dipshits and can hand wave these things all away.

well for that type of thing, he'd actually argue that it's different because that's preventing you from saying something, not forcing you to say it (which is still dumb cause he says he also opposes that as well )

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT

Tesseraction posted:

Yes C-16 was specifically about workplace harassment. In the same way you couldn't call a colleague sugar-tits or thunderthighs, you likewise couldn't be aggressively lovely to trans people.

Specifically workplace? I thought it was an amendment to the Canadian Human Rights Act.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

it amended the human rights act and the criminal code, but the opposition to it was almost entirely framed around how you'd lose your job for accidentally calling someone the wrong word once

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Also you're not actually compelled to refer to people by their preferred pronouns; you just can't misgender them. It's exactly as compelled as any other anti-discrimination laws or laws against threats or defamation, they don't force you to say anything, they just declare things you can't or shouldn't say.

i refuse to believe anyone gave him the time of day for any reason other than that they too wanted an excuse to be a bigot because it was always obvious that that was what he actually cared about

The media did a piss poor job reporting on Peterson when he was first coming to prominence (and after of course). That "free speech" rally that set everything off was an explicitly transphobic affair and even following this stuff I didn't know that until a video about Peterson that came out a couple of months go.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Ghostlight posted:

it amended the human rights act and the criminal code, but the opposition to it was almost entirely framed around how you'd lose your job for accidentally calling someone the wrong word once

nevermind the fact that it was just the federal human rights act picking up on the Ontario one that was changed in like 2011 or 2008 or something ridiculous (which he's suspiciously quiet of)

Hamburger Sandwich
Nov 24, 2007
It's even worse than that. Universities in Canada (im not Canadian btw so feel free to correct me) fall under Provincial laws. C-16 is an amendment to the Federal Human Rights Act and only applies to Federal institutions and services. The goal was to make the federal act consistent with many provincial acts and include discrimination on the basis of gender identity and gender expression as part of its scope.

The relevant act for the university Peterson's was teaching at was the Ontario Human Rights Act, which as noted above, already had the amendments C-16 was implementing for several years by then.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Arc Hammer posted:

I've been enjoying the videos splicing JorP into Command and Conquer cutscenes. He fits right in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPmx9wpnLTo

They're very good. I don't think this one was posted yet: Jordan Petrson Briefs You About Your Mission

Edit: drat, how many of these are there? JP Incoming Transmission

Powerful Katrinka fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 6, 2022

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

Hamburger Sandwich posted:

The relevant act for the university Peterson's was teaching at was the Ontario Human Rights Act, which as noted above, already had the amendments C-16 was implementing for several years by then.

In a similar vein, it is funny to pretend Peterson is right and apply his hysteria over gender identity being included in protected classes to other protected classes.

In Peterson's world, the law is so broad that it means that accidentally misgendering someone can lead to the gulag or whatever. Of course then this totally real over policing of day to day interactions would also apply to other classes already protected, as these tyrannical woke legislators wouldn't pass up the opportunity to virtue signal over race, sexuality, etc.

We can simply look at all the Canadians locked away for dropping an N bomb once to see that Peterson was correct, and not a not a raving lunatic.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Powerful Katrinka posted:

They're very good. I don't think this one was posted yet: Jordan Petrson Briefs You About Your Mission

Edit: drat, how many of these are there? JP Incoming Transmission

I liked this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKpuzk6Mry4

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

I liked the "Clean up your base and then clean up the entire map" at the end.

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

beepo posted:

In a similar vein, it is funny to pretend Peterson is right and apply his hysteria over gender identity being included in protected classes to other protected classes.

In Peterson's world, the law is so broad that it means that accidentally misgendering someone can lead to the gulag or whatever. Of course then this totally real over policing of day to day interactions would also apply to other classes already protected, as these tyrannical woke legislators wouldn't pass up the opportunity to virtue signal over race, sexuality, etc.

We can simply look at all the Canadians locked away for dropping an N bomb once to see that Peterson was correct, and not a not a raving lunatic.
Apparently his argument is that he could be jailed if he refused to pay a fine, which is the kind of bad-faith bizzaro logic that also makes littering and parking tickets into federal prison sentences.

It's like that video he made after getting banned from twitter where he threatened to hunger strike if he went to prison. We all thought the penalty was he just had to delete the tweet, but actually it's a death sentence via starvation and this is all the woke moralists' fault and somehow HE'S the crazy one?!?!?!?!?!?!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Hamburger Sandwich posted:

It's even worse than that. Universities in Canada (im not Canadian btw so feel free to correct me) fall under Provincial laws. C-16 is an amendment to the Federal Human Rights Act and only applies to Federal institutions and services. The goal was to make the federal act consistent with many provincial acts and include discrimination on the basis of gender identity and gender expression as part of its scope.

I didn't want to be the one to keep bring it up, but yes, the biggest argument against his horseshit is that it already existed where he lived.

In fact, I'm pretty sure he already knew or was notified of this, but was ignored because he was chasing clout.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

chippy posted:

Specifically workplace? I thought it was an amendment to the Canadian Human Rights Act.

workplace, schools, if you're a renter dealing with a landlord, all government institutions, really pretty much anywhere that has a situation where a trans person is subordinate to someone else.

yook posted:

Apparently his argument is that he could be jailed if he refused to pay a fine, which is the kind of bad-faith bizzaro logic that also makes littering and parking tickets into federal prison sentences.

It's like that video he made after getting banned from twitter where he threatened to hunger strike if he went to prison. We all thought the penalty was he just had to delete the tweet, but actually it's a death sentence via starvation and this is all the woke moralists' fault and somehow HE'S the crazy one?!?!?!?!?!?!

yeah, it's utterly hilarious cause he initially did try to argue that accidental misgendering would cause cops to materialize out of thin air and haul him off the trans gulags. but when people smarter than him pointed out how that was....really loving stupid and thus not real, he changed the argument to refusing to pay fines and all that

"oh, so you postmodern neomarxists don't think i can go to jail for misgendering huh? well what if i violate multiple subsequent laws AFTER that HUH??"

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Aug 9, 2022

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-StbZDIRHU

Okay now I'm convinced that JorP is actually just a super big fan of C&C and nobody knew before now.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
This has been bothering me lately, isn't the correct way of saying it "up yours, woke moralists, we'll see who cancels whom"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Pontificating rear end posted:

This has been bothering me lately, isn't the correct way of saying it "up yours, woke moralists, we'll see who cancels whom"

That's correct, yes. Others have brought it up, and I think a bunch of them to Jorp directly on twitter.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Mr Interweb posted:

workplace, schools, if you're a renter dealing with a landlord, all government institutions, really pretty much anywhere that has a situation where a trans person is subordinate to someone else.

yeah, it's utterly hilarious cause he initially did try to argue that accidental misgendering would cause cops to materialize out of thin air and haul him off the trans gulags. but when people smarter than him pointed out how that was....really loving stupid and thus not real, he changed the argument to refusing to pay fines and all that

"oh, so you postmodern neomarxists don't think i can go to jail for misgendering huh? well what if i violate multiple subsequent AFTER that HUH??"

Given that they have the exact same "fears" about someone like Justin Trudeau, it's complete projection. That is, their favourite recent PM Stephen Harper wanted to implement a barbaric cultural practices hotline where you could rat out your neighbours if they were ostensibly practicing things such as FGM or child marriage or something -- though it would have most likely been filled with "I heard my brown neighbours speaking in a way I don't understand."

But sure, the Liberals are the actual autocrats.