Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Dalael posted:

But ive been kicked & banned. And as much as i want to be unbanned, im not gonna go beg Asher for it or ask Atrum to intercede on my behalf.

We should be unbanned on principle.

I mean hold on a second let me pull up your ban and check a few things but oh wait I found the "unban Dalael" button ANNNNDD...

Dalael posted:

quote:

equalizing the EVE Goonswarm community to actual irl pedophilia behavior 7 posts later
ftfy

...its gone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
nono you see they're space lazy and dont want to do space paperwork

but they want to individually interview anyone who wants to come back

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

WilWheaton posted:

nono you see they're space lazy and dont want to do space paperwork

but they want to individually interview anyone who wants to come back

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

This isn't the first time I've seen this but I'm especially fond of the "Please guys. No posting while we run our imaginary space empire. It's too distracting"

"Excuse me. I can't fuel this POS while you're sitting here posting drama. Now hang on while I ban all of you."

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Aug 5, 2022

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Solus posted:

I find it really weird that obvious J4Gs globby alts are caping this hard

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
X I'm the sleeper agent

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

xtothez posted:

You've already had an answer to this several times but what the hell I'll bite too. No one was banned solely for "making noise". Repeating this is an attempt to rewrite history. Several members did things like reposting the summary of events and saying "Mittani needs to go" or similar. They were never punished or kicked, and are still around now.

Something I don't think has been mentioned publicly yet is that a few of the delta ringleaders were set to be banned a while back over obnoxious behaviour in other unrelated events. In a twist of irony those bans were overruled by Mittani. Wonder how much he regrets that now...

Asher has said he's willing to review any individual bans, and some may well be reversed. But there won't be any blanket reversal to open the doors for the handful of people who don't want to return and should have been gone long before last month.

I was banned for making noise, my guy.

E: Peep this lovely screenshot, in the OP of the thread!

You see that line "made 100+ posts in the Q&A thread despite not having a legitimate character in GSF for days"? That's me.

I left and expected to have my access removed, except it wasn't. So I kept posting and agitating until someone decided to ban me.

I'm not going to beg anyone for amnesty when I didn't do a goddamn thing wrong. It is up to y'all to do the right thing and grant a no-questions-asked blanket amnesty to the activists who dared protest in a way the state disliked.

dragonshardz fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 5, 2022

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
So the answer is: if you want unbanned you have to talk to Asher. There's no blanket unbanning coming.

If you don't want unbanned, or if you refuse to talk to Asher, same outcome I guess. e.g.. dragonshardz, rhymenosaurus

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 5, 2022

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Dalael posted:

If you're talking Xenuria, afaik it was reported to the FBI years ago. Or so I've heard. But here's the thing that many people who come here juuuust to ask, "did you call the cops :smuggo:"

Most law enforcement agency dedicate as much time, energy and budget towards these kind of cyber crimes as GSF did during Mittani's reign.
Most law enforcement agency stay within their borders, i think jurisdiction is what is called, so if you report some dumb gently caress in alabama fron new york, then odds are nothing will happen.

The FBI is the law enforcement agency that has the biggest budget for this sort of stuff and they can only take care of a few % of all reported cases. No one has the budget to really deal with these crimes.
Add to this the fact in some case, the perpetrator is in a country that don't see pedophilia as a crime. Xenuria is a great example of this, where he lives in a shithole country called *checknotes* The United States of America where rapists can now decide who the mother of their children is going to be. So Xenuria the pedophile is like, a very low priority

~snip~

k, I see. Is this the same person who had a relationship with a underage person or is this the one who went bear arsing through chat looking for some cubs? Either way, I didn't see if anyone called them in for it.

And yes, I agree. This country is really screwed up as far as who goes to jail and who gets elected. (Oops! Did I say that out loud?) Pretty shameful that a black kid with one ounce of Jane gets five years while white collar guy gets six months home sitting.

Thanks for the info.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

xtothez posted:

Anyone genuinely interested in returning only needs to say so, absolutely no begging required. It's literally just a case of:

a) I expect Asher will want a quick chat with some folks to get their side of things.
b) Not wanting to review everyone's case when most of them ain't coming back anyway. No sense in doing space paperwork when it's not required. We don't love bureaucracy as much as people think.

Speak for yourself.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

lol i was banned literally seconds after i posted, it was absolutely a rage ban idk what you got told my dude

Can confirm, this was literally mittens last act in illum chat. Which on a scale of 1-10 on epic ways to go out, deadtear broke the scale.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Just let Atrum review the bans and then trust his judgement on who should get amnesty.

Even if the amnesty might just be symbolic for people that will never return. It still sends the tiniest sliver of a message that speaking out against wrong doings will not be punished by this new leadership.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Rust Martialis posted:

So the answer is: if you want unbanned you have to talk to Asher. There's no blanket unbanning coming.

If you don't want unbanned, or if you refuse to talk to Asher, same outcome I guess. e.g.. dragonshardz

so you're basically admitting that nothing has changed in GSF, and it's still a rotten org from top to bottom? Thanks for the confirmation!

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

dragonshardz posted:

I was banned for making noise, my guy.

E: Peep this lovely screenshot, in the OP of the thread!

You see that line "made 100+ posts in the Q&A thread despite not having a legitimate character in GSF for days"? That's me.

I left and expected to have my access removed, except it wasn't. So I kept posting and agitating until someone decided to ban me.

I'm not going to beg anyone for amnesty when I didn't do a goddamn thing wrong. It is up to y'all to do the right thing and grant a no-questions-asked blanket amnesty to the activists who dared protest in a way the state disliked.

tag urselves, im the guy doing the PEOPLE OF RISE bit

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
How about this? Why don't Asher comes by here and we'll do a group interview? Maybe we can do some team building games, Karen from HR will make those tiny triangle sandwich everyone loves, there will be punch. It'll be great!

Alone in the Dork
Dec 4, 2019
I'm the guy who decided that dropping goatse in TWR was a better move than being associated with people defending the undefendable. It really improved my enjoyment not being in any way accountable for what was said by some of the gamers

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

andromache posted:

Speak for yourself.

Can confirm, this was literally mittens last act in illum chat. Which on a scale of 1-10 on epic ways to go out, deadtear broke the scale.

Feliday Melody posted:

Just let Atrum review the bans and then trust his judgement on who should get amnesty.

Even if the amnesty might just be symbolic for people that will never return. It still sends the tiniest sliver of a message that speaking out against wrong doings will not be punished by this new leadership.

:haibrower:

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

tag urselves, im the guy doing the PEOPLE OF RISE bit

an absolute loving classic bit, along with goatmans

dragonshardz fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 5, 2022

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

"GSF did nothing wrong, so we have no reason to pardon all of the people who pointed out the many things which were very wrong in the alliance, as they didn't happen. Case closed"

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Feliday Melody posted:

Do it for the people still in the Alliance. When I express my worries and concerns on the goonfleet forums about the direction of the Alliance. I feel like I'm playing Russian roulette. I'm only about 85% sure that I won't get shot for it. And I feel like the only reason I can do it relatively freely is that JT would raise hell if I was shot arbitrarily.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

ssb posted:

xttz i like you but this is stupid.
I could not agree with you more, my man.

Dalael posted:

equating Goonswarm to the catholic church seven posts after "i want to be unbanned"

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

so you're basically admitting that nothing has changed in GSF, and it's still a rotten org from top to bottom? Thanks for the confirmation!

RazNation posted:

literally any post

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Again, just confirming that nothing inside GSF has changed, or can admit that they made mistakes, or they did anything wrong. The mask isn't just off, but has launched into the sun

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

xtothez posted:

I could not agree with you more, my man.

If you dont want to be compared to the Catholic Church, then stop using their playbook when it comes to dealing with this poo poo.

Its not hard to comprehend. Stop shuffling the priests around and pretending those who forced you to deal with the issue are the problem.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

i don't even know what you guys want any more, to be honest

from where i'm sitting it looks like a bunch of incoherent screaming

it can't be being unbanned, not a single one of you is ever going to go back of your own volition even if you could

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Aedaxus posted:

Most people just want to enjoy a spaceship game. No one enjoys political emails from anyone, we all pay to play a game and want to enjoy it with people. A place where everyone starts out the same way. And I am glad we as a community were able to oust some very creepy people.

The whole "please don't get *~*politics*~* in my video game space" is truly one of the most tiresome aspects of video game culture.

Doubly so when the game you're talking about is a fundamentally social one.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

it can't be being unbanned, not a single one of you is ever going to go back of your own volition even if you could

i love to have cake and i love to eat cake. maybe i can shove cake up my butt too and like that

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Hi, welcome to the Eve Online thread! :)

There are people asking to be unbanned as a sign of good faith, even if they don't plan on returning. This is a goodwill gesture that a current director has offered to help with! Because the bans occurred due to a now-ex-CEO, reversing these bans would show that the bans applied as retaliation by them were not deserved, and that leadership does not reflect the previous CEO.

I hope this helps clears it up! :)

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

:laffo:

It's honestly pretty funny to see how glib some people are about this whole episode.

Trolling or not, if you can't connect the dots about how rotten a group has to be to tolerate stuff like this, and what comes out of that... just lol.

Maybe GSF will get better, but definitely not based on what I've seen in this thread.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

If Imperium directors would just stop impotently trying to defend the Imperium's e-honor, nobody would post about it.

I hope they don't though, because it's insanely funny that they keep making unforced self-owns like Atrum's "the eastern european can't help themselves from transphobia, because of communism."

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i want them to let my alt, Furnok Dorn ForCSM, back in so i can make fun of people's bad posts and buy cheap supers

and uh um mittani man bad

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

"Daddy is back"

Lol lmao

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Clearly we need a GSF-specific Eve thread so all the people who want to get unbanned can have a place to submit these comments and requests to be unbanned since it is such a popular topic here in the general Eve thread.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Rust Martialis posted:

Clearly we need a GSF-specific Eve thread so all the people who want to get unbanned can have a place to submit these comments and requests to be unbanned since it is such a popular topic here in the general Eve thread.

we have one here already

e: god damnit jeffrey why doesnt that trick work

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

I'd love to know if I got banned because of my post in the ratting thread, or if services just got caught up and noticed id dropped corp on all my alts coincidentally at the same time and it auto-removed roles.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Personally, I'd be embarrassed to be part of a gaming organization whose leader referred to me as "kid" and himself as my "daddy."

Even more so after that organization publicly distanced itself from the community that made me join in the first place.

But I'm a grown man, so... :shrug:

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Dieting Hippo posted:

Hi, welcome to the Eve Online thread! :)

There are people asking to be unbanned as a sign of good faith, even if they don't plan on returning. This is a goodwill gesture that a current director has offered to help with! Because the bans occurred due to a now-ex-CEO, reversing these bans would show that the bans applied as retaliation by them were not deserved, and that leadership does not reflect the previous CEO.

I hope this helps clears it up! :)

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

In other EVE news:
Over a dozen players were doxxed in the last two weeks, across multiple groups, many of them being PL members who have been had someone contact their employer and given false accusations/falsified evidence implying them in harboring BFM or covering up for his crimes or something along those lines - the accusations I've heard of so far all referenced this

This is pretty evidently either the premeditated & planned work of one individual, or multiple in coordination, and carried nothing except blatantly harmful intent directed on the recepients.

I've been told several of the affected players are quitting over this.

Some are confirmed to be suffering serious real-life legal/employer/social disruption & distress due to this.

From what I can tell the common connection between the
harassed was hanging out in the same discord channel and/or some being PL members.

One doxxing happened last Monday, the rest happened this Monday, as far as I know.
I just found out about this yesterday, and don't know who all has been affected, so I may be wrong/inaccurats about this
This is /!\ BREAKING /!\ style info so inaccuracies are possible, don't run this this info as fact without verifying it independently please - feel free to correct me on stuff by the way if I'm wrong/inaccurate on anything

I'm giving this info as I hear about it, based off what I've observed and been told by people who don't have the whole picture yet. None of this info is from CCP directly or indirectly

None of the victims were (or were, from what I can tell, even capable of) covering for BFM's crimes, most were unaware who he is, what he's done or their knowledge started and ended with "Heard that guy is v. yeugh", Some were not at any point in the same organization as BFM, or had not been for several years.

What accusations precisely have been made are unclear to me right now, besides them involving BFM/harboring/covering for BFM

AFAIK the actual doxxing(s) & harassment happened this Monday and last Monday.

If you've been doxxed, or know of anyone who has or have any other info, CCP Dopamine is heading this issue up. CCP/eve official Discord: https://discord.gg/eveonline

Also probably local law enforcement and/or the FBI because this is a mass harassment thing at this point

I'm moving literally right now, today, but I'm cooperating with CCP & giving them as much info as I can on this - if you have any info, please contact them

This is far less of an issue, p but is directly connected to it, please do not let this distract from the important part, which is the stuff you just read, and not this part, TY! I promise I'm not trying t,o, nor am I assuming things are about me here and I understand that I am not the victim compared to the actual victims of this.
To cut it off before the goobers come out: if you are concerned I had anything to do with this, or that it was something instigated by me posting it: I don't have any involvement.
This is felonious stuff and if you're gonna imply my involvement due to my recent Post Posting? Get it together. This is felony stuff.
One of the victims is active military and facing serious poo poo over it, this is not jokey-trolly time nor is it time for MMO tribalism.

I'm saying this entirely because I heard from one of the victims that my name came up among people who felt (understandably) suspicious due to my recent Posting proof or evidence of people having done bad things, with lots of uncertainty as to what I have actually done / been doing, what my motivations are, who I am, what I've been encouraging, the total lack of GSF clarifying and acknowledging anything that happened, or any recusal of statements that I'm a shitter, who wants to run everything or whatever that Mittani made, and a few salty individuals like like Wibla continue to make( kind of, but, I don't think he ever knew me really, and is under the impression that I directed a statement towards him that would be incredibly mean if it was read that way, and I think he read it that way) etc.
I would like to restate that I have been strongly and unequivocally discouraging any IRL or online harassment of anyone for any reason by any method every single time I have mentioned contacting anyone, and so do not try to spin this as some "you see what happens? Genies outta bottle now" cautionary tale against "saying the truth, responsibly pushing towards positive change and encouraging others to do the same" - your whole rear end will show.

This is serious as gently caress and if you're going to imply my responsibility for or or involvement in a criminal conspiracy involving the stalking and mass-framing/harassment of people including active military personnel who may now be facing a loving court martial? You'd better have some sort of argument to support it.

I've heard it enough times now, it's dumb. If you have a genuine suspicion, or if you're unsure the role I've had in this? Feel free to raise the issue! I'm not trying to shut people down, and I will happily clear things up. I understand there's a lot of people who don't know who I am, especially people not from here, but that
one specific 'thing' is played out, and is clearly not at play here, so just st a word in advance on that, do not expect a response if it's the out of control witch hunt thing.

This is clearly a planned, multi-stage retaliatory attack that was not meant to helpfully inform anyone of anything or make anyone safer or make anything better and certainly not acting from any encouragement on my part.

I had been working with one of the people in PL since the middle of July to show the accusations and statements made regarding him were credible.

I've been in communication with some of the people impacted, I've sent CCP a bunch of info already, currently in contact with them, and I'll be contacting them further on this once I've moved to help in any way possible.

if you know anyone who has been affected, please don't name who here, talk to CCP if they don't have info, but if you're their friend, do check in on em. This is scary stuff that messes with people's heads bad

I'm pretty certain a certain pedophile recently shooed off of an alliance after their pedophilia had been revealed is behind it, if you are curious.

Also I don't have the time but if someone could make this fit for Reddit and repost it there, like strip out the spoiler stuff non-allowed sfuff or write something yourself you don't have to credit me this information just needs to be known because people who've gotten hit by this need to know where to go and it's not clear how many people have gotten hit by this.

Also this is just the directions for the CCP Eve online part, not the real life part, if a crime was committed against you, you should probably report it, but I am not a lawyer. Fr tho this is a hugely illegal thing.

CCP DOPAMINE is the person to contact on this! Ty

FirstnameLastname fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Aug 5, 2022

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE
Yo I thought we agreed to talk about EVE and not the EVE Online SA guild Goonswarm you guys don't want to be a part of but are still mad you're banned from even though you seriously have no desire to join it but think you should be able to because even if you wanted to reaffiliate, although you totally don't want to, it should be an option

Let's address the real problem here that I, myself, bigbillthaboss3, was absolutely 100% correct in predicting the butterfly effect from nerfing super capitals, rorquals, and nullsec PVE over the last couple years, you can please refer to me as BigBillThaBosstradamous from now on.

Who would have thought that removing the greatest source of content generation (spoiler: it was rorquals and supers in space) would somehow have a negative impact on overall player activity.

LMAO where the gently caress is bomber's barr after the obliterated their own loving play style by perpetually screeching on Reddit about how a stealth bomber should be able to kill a titan without any resistance??

We've easily produced a trilogy's worth of rage posts and infuriated commentary that ultimately yielded quantifiable notable results... imagine if we aimed this hate boner towards improving the game so we don't have to cannibalize each other?

I bet Hilmar has all KINDS of juicy loving skeletons in that Icelandic closet of his.

EDIT: Well I poorly timed my post to come out after FNLN's, that's some really hosed up poo poo. Like really really really hosed up poo poo.

Bigbillthaboss fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Aug 5, 2022

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Solus posted:

Why do members of ASCEE always post like they’re trying to impress Jordan Peterson

also

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

shut the gently caress up about the pubbie organization "goon swarm federation" jesus christ

if i want to read about the trials and tribulations of pubbies i'll go on r*ddit or get reinvited to cesspool

psilocybin laden fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Aug 5, 2022

Aedaxus
Feb 3, 2019

PhilippAchtel posted:

The whole "please don't get *~*politics*~* in my video game space" is truly one of the most tiresome aspects of video game culture.

Doubly so when the game you're talking about is a fundamentally social one.

I don't need helicopter emails, thank you. You can keep those to yourself.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Actually this doxxing issue was mentioned to me two days ago as something like "did you hear about the huge doxxing outbreak" and I had to admit I'd heard nothing.

These are the first details I've seen and... wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

xtothez posted:

No one was banned solely for "making noise".

This is absolute bullshit and uh you either know this and are just bullshitting yourself or... ? Please explain my ban. I'll wait.