Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Quackles posted:

That can't be sanitary.

He rinsed out the pickle jar before filling it with cum, what more do you want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DrBouvenstein posted:

Strap in, it's a doozy:

I found a jarthe my husband has been ejaculating in and I threw it away. He got very upset with me.

And it gets better/worse:

this reads like the slug boyfriend story. just :wtc:

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Cacator posted:

r/relationships: This is the cum jar now!

That's a good title.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA flipping out on my fiance for cancelling all the vegan food options from our wedding food menu behind my back?

A great start to a great marriage.

UPDATE

quote:

UPDATE: So his mom messaged me earlier to try to get me to listen to what she had to say after I kept ignoring her phonecalls. She spent long walls of text just to "address" what I did at her son's workplace, calling it all kinds of stuff from immature to unhinged. She then went to explain how she's noticed that me and my family kept "acting dismissive" of her son's input and "contributations" to the wedding. She said that she noticed my behavior towards him and her entire family and wanted to speak up earlier but didn't and tried to keep the peace. She then went on to address the food menu issue and denied her involvement in the cancellation of the vegan option but that didn't mean she doesn't support her son's decision. moreover, she thought it was soooo responsible of him to make that move because of my continual refusal to see how this stuff is waste of money. she also pointed out how I kept saying "I paid for it" and said that technically this isn't just my money, it's mine and his because we're getting married she suggested I wisen up and get rid of "my money, I paid for it" mentality. She finally mentioned how "bad" this whole situation is making me look, and said that she and her son had already offered a number of compromises that I chose to brush off and decided to make it my "weird" hill to die on. She said that not only her son is upset but she and "the family" are as well after hearing about it and suggested I just agrre on their compromise and be done with it. This pissed me off beyond belief I responded by letting her know that I'm still standing my ground on this even if I'll have to call the whole wedding off because of it because honestly? this is just ridiculous, it is!!! my mom and dad....they don't even know what to say anymore. Apparently, my fiance saw my response to her (he's with her) and is now trying to call me but right now I'm waiting on him to get home and see if he's still insisting on the stance he took.

Why the hell is she even talking to that family still.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Hughlander posted:

UPDATE

Why the hell is she even talking to that family still.

Excuse me, I need to go buy a stepladder to get my eyebrows off the ceiling.

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

Reading over Mommy’s shoulder while she tells my fiancee how mean she is for letting vegans eat at MY WEDDING.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

DrBouvenstein posted:

Strap in, it's a doozy:

I found a jarthe my husband has been ejaculating in and I threw it away. He got very upset with me.

Call the husband Jarthe Vader

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

DrBouvenstein posted:

Strap in, it's a doozy:

I almost posted this for the cum jar line but held off because of the sexual assault. The good news is the reddit commenters dug into the account history and the odds are good it's a fake.

Still

quote:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
jar hacked, all my cum gone

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

AITA for saying my GF cannot climb the mountain with us?

quote:

My girlfriend’s friend, Rosie, and I turn out to both love mountaineering! We’ve become such great friends from our common interest. We have the goal of doing Denali together by the end of next year and have been training by doing Rainier (along with general conditioning, etc.) and we will do a Denali prep course together probably in Feb-Apr 2023.

Now my girlfriend is fit, that’s not the issue, she just completely lacks the relevant experience to come along. She’s come with me twice, to Mt. Adams and Mt. Hood. She knows the very basics, but still we’re not going with a guide or anything, so I don’t want to be responsible for her safety.

She’s very mad that me and Rosie exclude her from these trips, (“how will she learn if I don’t teach her, etc.”) but I think it’s healthy to have separate interests in a relationship. She doesn’t need to be a part of every part of my life. AITA?

"I think it's important to a relationship to keep some separate interests. That's why I'm excluding you from my time spent with another woman, who I also plan to travel with on my own"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Captain Hygiene posted:

"I think it's important to a relationship to keep some separate interests. That's why I'm excluding you from my time spent with another woman, who I also plan to travel with on my own"

The rare horizontal AND vertical long-distance relationship.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

first thing I can find when checking for Denali is this

quote:

Climbing Denali is difficult and requires adequate physical and technical training. Keep in mind that not only will you have to deal with altitude, but also with extreme weather and pulling sleds with food, gear and more.

So, yes, OP is 100% correct that his gf should not expect to go as a matter of course, and she needs to get active in the hobby if she wants to join. It sounds like these aren't good trips for "learn as you go" and she should make an effort to learn the knowledge on much lower risk trips.

He's right that separate interests are okay, and if she's worried that he's going to cheat on her then she needs to just say it out loud. If she is cool with him going mountaineering with guy friends then the only issue is jealousy.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

pentyne posted:

first thing I can find when checking for Denali is this

So, yes, OP is 100% correct that his gf should not expect to go as a matter of course, and she needs to get active in the hobby if she wants to join. It sounds like these aren't good trips for "learn as you go" and she should make an effort to learn the knowledge on much lower risk trips.

He's right that separate interests are okay, and if she's worried that he's going to cheat on her then she needs to just say it out loud. If she is cool with him going mountaineering with guy friends then the only issue is jealousy.

I don't know enough about the technical side to know what amount of training is necessary for either trips, it's just the whole vibe I get of not wanting to actually help her move forward so he can keep having trips with the friend.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
I understand how it's important and good to have separate interests that you can enjoy without your partner. However, I think it's a good idea to re-evaluate that if you're having to DEFEND that activity from your partner if they want to participate in that thing (or vice versa, something you wish to share). Just think hard and have a conversation about it, why this thing should be separate/shared.

Or, like this knob, generate feelings of isolation, rejection, and jealousy.

Dude, she said she wants to learn and you're not teaching her. Talk about failing the voight-kampff test

e: lots of training. From gear familiarity, specific skills and mountaineering techniques, area knowledge, and just raw physical conditioning to take on a massively challenging adventure. Denali is no joke, that mountain kills people just like any other peak of its height.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Cacator posted:

Also yeah it's fine and good to have separate interests but you don't get to gatekeep a shared interest. Obviously the solution is for girlfriend to seek hot mountaineering partners to go with her.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 5, 2022

gay frog chemicals
May 27, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It kinda sounds like he's way more into mountaineering than she would want to be if she's only come along a couple times. You have to be pretty hugely dedicated if you want to do the real poo poo like Denali or whatever, it's not really fair to tell the guy he can't go without her when there's not really any way to get that much experience in something she doesn't really share his passion for anyways.

Could just be unreliable narrator trying to justify his side piece though.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

Friend of mine just did this exact thing, Ranier into Denali, and has trained for several years on this. It's the highest peak in North America at 20,194 feet.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

tell me you dont know anything about mountains without telling me you don't know anything about mountains

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Yeah, you don't learn by way of Denali prep. That's already assuming you know what the gently caress you're doing (hopefully). It'd be like taking a beginning biker to do the Tour de France.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
It's a hobby that involves him spending weeks and eventually months away from his partner. That could end a lot of relationships. The fact that she does seem interested in taking part and he's pushing her away makes me think that this relationship isn't going to survive even up to Denali, much less through it.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

This is like complaining when your partner with an aviation license doesn’t let you fly the plane too.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

house of the dad posted:

This is like complaining when your partner with an aviation license doesn’t let you fly the plane too.

He already admits that she'd climbed a few mountains with him and he just feels strong about separating his hobby from her, so it's more like complaining when your partner with a ILS license won't let you join a long trip because you only have a visible license because they've been actively refusing to let you join the ILS qualifiers with them.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Yeah, you don't learn by way of Denali prep. That's already assuming you know what the gently caress you're doing (hopefully). It'd be like taking a beginning biker to do the Tour de France.

Hmmmmm, yeah, “walk up” sounds hard to learn. :hmmyes:

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Rescue Toaster posted:

She says "I do have a decent amount of savings which I use to contribute to our household." which gave me the impression she was still contributing at the same rate she was before quitting. ie if she was paying 25-30% before, she still was while she wasn't working.
If her previous income and prospects for future income line up with whatever amount she was contributing, and she has the savings to cover that amount while temporarily not working, I don't feel like she's being unreasonable? It seems weird to ask her to increase her contribution at the exact time she was out of work.

I think old mate feels a moocher settling in and wants to nip that poo poo in the bud.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Hmmmmm, yeah, “walk up” sounds hard to learn. :hmmyes:

Denali is the tallest mountain in North America and three people have already died this year trying to climb it.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for having an operation in the same week as my work colleague wedding causing my manager to cancel her time off?

quote:

I'm in my late 20s and work in a large retail chain. I have a work colleague "Candice" (22-23f) who is planning to get married later this month. Originally she was planning the wedding for 2020 however due to lockdowns etc it had to be postponed to 2022. She has booked 2 weeks off for her wedding and for her honeymoon nearly 2 years in advance and everything is paid for. Me and Candice work in the same store section (white goods).

Now I had bad eyesight as long as I can remember myself and was finally able to save for an operation. Upon the check up the doctor said he operation must happen sooner rather then later. They explained that they can see a small rapture in one of my eyes and they are worried that if I fall down or hit my head or due to stress it will become worth and they won't be able to fix it, which would make me uneligable for an operation. Due to this the operation was scheduled for the time of Candice wedding.

When I have told my boss that I will need 2 weeks off for the same week, they declined my request saying its too short notice and Candice already booked it off, so us 2 can't be off at the same time. I had to go through the doctor to have a note issued stating I will be having an operation and due to recovery will not be able to work for those 2 weeks and legally it is not something my boss can decline.

Because of this and since Candice wedding is more then 2 weeks away, he cancelled her holiday request. She can't get any refunds at such short notice and said she will take unpaid leave in this case, however our boss said he won't be granting her any leave as we are understaffed (someone started their maternity leave recently) and if she won't show up, then they will treat it as anauthotised absence which will lead to dismissal.

During our shift Candice had a go at me and called me a massive rear end in a top hat for scheduling the operation during her wedding and getting signed off, making her even more stressed before the wedding. Some other colleagues believe I'm in the wrong too and should have chosen different dates.

Aita?

Edit: this is getting asked a lot. I am not able to reschedule the surgery as my doctor believed it was urgent, should have been done a lot sooner and if not done quickly then it might make me uneligable for any other eyesight improving operations and permanently affect my eyesight. He has tried to book me in for next week, but there was no availability, so he went with the earliest available dates that were reserved for emergencies.

Edit 2: as some people seem to be missing the point. 1 - my doctor scheduled the operation on those days not me. 2 - original operation was a Lasik operation, which I would be happy to carry later on in the year and it had a waiting list since it is not covered by NHS or considered vital for your health. 3 - my doctor found a rapture which made him book an operation sooner as it was not spotted by any other doctors. So the reason for the emergency now is not for me to have better eyesight but not to go blind or make my condition worse. If the problem was spotted by other health professionals sooner I would have booked it sooner, but I was just made aware of the issue and those dates are the earliest he can book me in.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Denali is the tallest mountain in North America and three people have already died this year trying to climb it.

Because they tried to "climb up" instead of "walk up", clearly.

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

He already admits that she'd climbed a few mountains with him and he just feels strong about separating his hobby from her, so it's more like complaining when your partner with a ILS license won't let you join a long trip because you only have a visible license because they've been actively refusing to let you join the ILS qualifiers with them.

Mt. Adams is one of the easiest mountains of its height to summit and can be done in a day. Denali is almost twice as high as Mt. Adams and climbing it is a three week expedition.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Yeah, if this was a different hobby I'd be like 'haha cheating cheaterson' but mountain climbing is legit super risky even for the trained and prepared a lot of the time. If climberdude and climbergal are already like, prepping and practicing for Denali then they don't really have the time to bring potentialclimbergirlfriend up to speed because it takes A Lot. Otherwise she ends up like that lady who just photoshopped herself in front of a mountain then went for Everest.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

denali more like denial

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I know it was only a suggestion but I feel uncomfortable if the thread title was a joke / reference to sexual assault.

So like. Count this as a vote again it, just throwing it out there.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

value-brand cereal posted:

I know it was only a suggestion but I feel uncomfortable if the thread title was a joke / reference to sexual assault.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Kitfox88 posted:

Yeah, if this was a different hobby I'd be like 'haha cheating cheaterson' but mountain climbing is legit super risky even for the trained and prepared a lot of the time. If climberdude and climbergal are already like, prepping and practicing for Denali then they don't really have the time to bring potentialclimbergirlfriend up to speed because it takes A Lot. Otherwise she ends up like that lady who just photoshopped herself in front of a mountain then went for Everest.

On the one hand this, on the other hand if your hobby is something that makes you burn most of your annual leave on being away from your partner then that relationship isn't credibly going to survive.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

value-brand cereal posted:

Agreed tbh

gay frog chemicals
May 27, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hughlander posted:

AITA for having an operation in the same week as my work colleague wedding causing my manager to cancel her time off?

Sounds like a job for working class solidarity, too bad none of these people have any idea what that is and are content to blame their lovely conditions on each other rather than their lovely bosses.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Hughlander posted:

my doctor found a rapture

:angel:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Cacator posted:

:emptyquote:

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Seems weird that people would be so bad at walking upwards. Should maybe have thought about another hobby. :thunk:

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

gay frog chemicals posted:

Sounds like a job for working class solidarity, too bad none of these people have any idea what that is and are content to blame their lovely conditions on each other rather than their lovely bosses.

Yeah it's funny no one ever talks poo poo to the actual person who cancelled their vacation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

Strap in, it's a doozy:

As horrific as this story is, I couldn't help but laugh at

quote:

"This is the cum jar now!"

I just know these words are going to randomly pop into my head at the most inopportune time as well.