Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Feline Mind Meld posted:

oh I know the unlock I just cap out at 34 followers and there's an achievement for 100 so I assume there's a way to get to that

It's 100 followers in a life so just keep purging useless followers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Houses give 3x house level, and then its +1 for every ascend level, caps at 66 max, but also higher charisma unlocks training

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
So does spirituality have an upper limit for life? Ended up hard resetting with the slower updates and now with meridian 7 spirit life is outpacing aging pretty easily and just waiting on bloodline houses.

American Dad
Mar 28, 2004
I started playing Lazy Kings again, a game last updated in... 2016. I'm surprised Kong still works, I thought it was getting shut down?
https://www.kongregate.com/games/veterum/lazy-kings
I love how each added layer tends to interact with the previous ones in some way, and while resets are very meaningful you don't need to babysit it to reset as fast as possible.
Is there anything out there that's like this? I couldn't really get into synergism because of how frequently you need to reset.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
When does a prestige happen? It's painfully slow right now, just unlocked orcs as an enemy

American Dad
Mar 28, 2004
The UI is not great for that.
You need to go back to the menu (click the x in the top right corner). Look at achievements, and then rewards. It shows you how many points you'd get if you reset, and what you can spend them on.
If you've just unlocked orcs as an enemy, once you defeat them once you'll unlock orcs as a playable race. You play all of the races you unlock at the same time, it's not a choice of one or the other.
The orc icon will appear in the top right if you've unlocked them. I think there ends up being five in total once you've unlocked them all and they stay open if you reset.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

American Dad posted:

You play all of the races you unlock at the same time, it's not a choice of one or the other.

Right, now I remember why I quit it years ago. Hate resetting and building up everything all over.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
lazy kings kicks rear end as a concept and I wish more games in the genre stole the idea. having your prestige layers be horizontal instead of vertical is fun and it's why all the particle flavored games are fun

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Yeah I really enjoyed Lazy Kings but it eventually ground to a halt. Had some super cool ideas.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

American Dad posted:

I started playing Lazy Kings again, a game last updated in... 2016. I'm surprised Kong still works, I thought it was getting shut down?
https://www.kongregate.com/games/veterum/lazy-kings
I love how each added layer tends to interact with the previous ones in some way, and while resets are very meaningful you don't need to babysit it to reset as fast as possible.
Is there anything out there that's like this? I couldn't really get into synergism because of how frequently you need to reset.

I've thought about this a few times nothing else has really tried the 5 or so similar idle games you play at the same time and they interact.

I'd love to see someone else try it, LK is probably best left as proof of concept at this point.

American Dad
Mar 28, 2004

pixaal posted:

I've thought about this a few times nothing else has really tried the 5 or so similar idle games you play at the same time and they interact.

I'd love to see someone else try it, LK is probably best left as proof of concept at this point.
Yeah it's definitely an unfinished game from 2016, it's a shame no one else has tried to do it better because the concept really works for me.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I looked at the source and I'm not really sure what's going on. I'm not great at coding, and they might just be really smart, but it feels sorta like it's designed by someone who learned to code in assembly tried to write something in JavaScript.

Edit:

To clarify, it hasn't been minified or compiled from another framework into a single line of wild JS. It was very methodically written, but in a way that makes very little sense.

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jul 26, 2022

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I looked at the source and I'm not really sure what's going on. I'm not great at coding, and they might just be really smart, but it feels sorta like it's designed by someone who learned to code in assembly tried to write something in JavaScript.

Did they obtusify it?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

pixaal posted:

Did they obtusify it?

I'll try to grab the code after work. It's sorta hard to pull out of Kongregate.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I swear to God

I'm just trying to get automerge for armor on mobile so I can progress in immortality, but getting animal handling high enough to make the gear outright is impossible, and drag and drop doesn't work on mobile. I got the bright idea to borrow someone's computer and do an import export, and the save string is eighty thousand characters long and won't copy. It's honestly a fun little time waster when I poop or have down time, but this one achievement is keeping me from getting any deeper because I can't kill monsters fast enough without dying. The only program I've been able to get it into where I can split it up is pdf, and it inserts newlines.

:(((((

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

pixaal posted:

Did they obtusify it?

This is what it looks like

JavaScript code:
function loadGame() {
	var temp = new Int16Array(gsbuffer);
	var temp2 = localStorage["LazyKings00"];
	if (temp2 != null) {
		var i = 0;
		while (i < 30000) {
			temp[i] = temp2.charCodeAt(i);
			i++;
		}
	}
	if (gameState[0] == 0) {
		if (gameState[31950] == 0) {
			gameState[30001] = 1;
		}
		var i = 4600;
		while (i < 5000) {
			gameState[10000 + i] = 0;
			gameState[20000 + i] = 0;
			gameState[30000 + i] = 0;
			i++;
		}
		i = 9500;
		while (i < 10000) {
			gameState[10000 + i] = 0;
			gameState[20000 + i] = 0;
			gameState[30000 + i] = 0;
			i++;
		}
		var temp3 = new bigInt();
		pullBig(temp3, 14500);
		addSmall(temp3, 20);
		pushBig(temp3, 14500);
		pullBig(temp3, 24500);
		addSmall(temp3, 20);
		pushBig(temp3, 24500);
		pullBig(temp3, 34500);
		addSmall(temp3, 20);
		pushBig(temp3, 34500);
		temp3.data.fill(0);
		temp3.data[1] = 2;
		pushBig(temp3, 11500);
		pushBig(temp3, 21500);
		pushBig(temp3, 31500);
		temp3.data[1] = 0;
		temp3.data[2] = 1;
		pushBig(temp3, 11600);
		pushBig(temp3, 21600);
		pushBig(temp3, 31600);
		gameState[11700] = 0;
		gameState[21700] = 0;
		gameState[31700] = 0;
		gameState[11701] = 0;
		gameState[21701] = 0;
		gameState[31701] = 0;
		gameState[0] = 1;
	}
	if (gameState[0] == 1) {
		gameState[40001] = 1;
		gameState[41501] = 2;
		gameState[41602] = 1;
		gameState[44501] = 2;
		gameState[0] = 2;
	}
	if (gameState[0] == 2) {
		while (gameState[11901] > 1) {
			gameState[11901]--;
			gameState[11900]++;
		}
		gameState[0] = 3;
	}
	if (gameState[0] == 3) {
		gameState[50001] = 1;
		gameState[51501] = 2;
		gameState[51602] = 1;
		gameState[54501] = 2;
		gameState[51984] = 1;
		gameState[51986] = 1;
		gameState[0] = 4;
	}
	if (gameState[0] == 4) {
		var i = 0;
		while (i < 10000) {
			gameState[50000 + i] = 0;
			i++;
		}
		gameState[50001] = 1;
		gameState[51501] = 2;
		gameState[51602] = 1;
		gameState[54501] = 2;
		gameState[51984] = 1;
		gameState[51986] = 1;
		gameState[0] = 5;
	}
	if ((gameState[0] == 5) || (gameState[0] == 6)) {
		var i = 1;
		while (i < 6) {
			if (gameState[(10000 * i) + 1900] > 50) {
				var j = 1;
				while (j < 6) {
					gameState[(10000 * i) + 1900] = 0;
					j++;
				}
			}
			i++;
		}
		if (gameState[20609]) {
			newGame();
		}
		gameState[0] = 7;
	}
	postNew();
}

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

:psyduck:
Those are some beautiful magic numbers
I'm just gonna assume the temp3 thing is some debugging/trying out stuff he left in since it seems to do nothing

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

That looks like decompiled code. Is there some flash to javascript converter? Take ActionScript that has been compiled and make HTML5 out of it?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Was lazy kings in JS originally or was it converted to escape the Flashpocalypse?

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
Evolve Chat:

Just finished my truepath runs and MADed the artificial species, so now the endless pillaring can begin. I broke down the species into two categories: pillar ASAP, pillar at 4* (for the achievement). Some will require some bioseeding or universe hopping, but I identified 24 species I can pillar in consecutive 0* runs just to push that harmony bonus up. A 0* ascension takes somewhat less than a day with my custom species, but I expect it'll be longer just from soul gem restrictions. I pushed into the spire a bit on a 0* run and I definitely don't want to try to push for the next reset until I've pumped up the pillars a bunch. I'm guessing that people only 0-2* for their first several demonic infusion resets, because I can't imagine how many weeks it would take at 4* right now.

I'm staying away from the inflation and sludge challenges for the time being. They do not look fun.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
I'm terrible at idler games, somehow, but I never stop subjecting myself to my own stupid compulsion towards them.

Finally finished NGU the other day, that was neat.

Amazing Cultivation Idler sounded like a fun concept, so I started that. I am at least entertained by the sheer grit and determination of 'THIS life's gonna be the one, TOTALLY gonna live forever' on life 36 of doing politics and amateur alchemy from a grass hut and then dying at age 30.1 for the third dozen time. I am beginning to suspect I should be focusing more on base stats at this stage of the game. :v:

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Shady Amish Terror posted:

I'm terrible at idler games, somehow, but I never stop subjecting myself to my own stupid compulsion towards them.

Finally finished NGU the other day, that was neat.

Amazing Cultivation Idler sounded like a fun concept, so I started that. I am at least entertained by the sheer grit and determination of 'THIS life's gonna be the one, TOTALLY gonna live forever' on life 36 of doing politics and amateur alchemy from a grass hut and then dying at age 30.1 for the third dozen time. I am beginning to suspect I should be focusing more on base stats at this stage of the game. :v:

If you want a hint:

Your first major goal should be to learn how to do alchemy, which eventually leads to your first major gameplay change. Look for things that will make you smarter.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

I'm staying away from the inflation and sludge challenges for the time being. They do not look fun.

They are not fun at all - just doing a BH with them isn't that bad but if you go for Slime Lord you're in for a month of slow grind.

For hell resets you really only want to do 4* because blood stones are needed to reset and their gain is based on how many challenges are active. The first artifact upgrade you'll get also doubles that base amount. With that said hell resets aren't strictly required and instead give QoL upgrades and uncapped progression for post-endgame players.

The upgrades that let you play any species on any planet are very good to have, though.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Ah, okay, I was on the right path, but it didn't at all feel like it because MAN that's a big hump to get over and a lot of repetitive clicking; hopefully the curve of the game will get smoothed out a bit because it felt like a ton of progression and stuff was happening both before and after that point, but I spent more than an entire day off repeatedly going back to the grind with very little indication that I was achieving anything at all, doing the not-fun 'trapped in a skinner box but no rewards are happening' bit before A Thing happened and there were things to either do or wait on again.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Shady Amish Terror posted:

Ah, okay, I was on the right path, but it didn't at all feel like it because MAN that's a big hump to get over and a lot of repetitive clicking; hopefully the curve of the game will get smoothed out a bit because it felt like a ton of progression and stuff was happening both before and after that point, but I spent more than an entire day off repeatedly going back to the grind with very little indication that I was achieving anything at all, doing the not-fun 'trapped in a skinner box but no rewards are happening' bit before A Thing happened and there were things to either do or wait on again.

It smoothed out relatively quickly in my experience, but it took a little bit before I reached genuine "I can walk away from my computer and leave this running" idle status. A lot of the repetitive clicking gets automated in reasonably short order, though

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Update to the Idle game I'm working on:

I've got Saving working! for non-web based versions A few things are missing, but that's nearly all related to the Dungeon mechanic which is not greatly fleshed out anyway. WebGL based saving might be a bitch, but I'm not planning on pushing out any public builds for this until I've got the prestige mechanic going, so that's getting pushed off as long as I'm able.

Dungeon traits are in! Now the Dungeon runs are modified by traits that each dungeon has. Positive Dungeon traits give you a bonus to adventurer power or drop rates if you meet the Criteria, Negative ones give you a penalty to adventurer power if you do not meet the criteria. This is an idle game, so eventually you'll be able to run whatever composition you want just by the power of sheer numbers, but it's there just to make sure older units don't get obsoleted the second you unlock something with higher base power. As a side note, you can run every dungeon at once as long as you've got the units for it.

I'm also considering doing daily infinite dungeons that get generated off a daily API call to my webserver with small but permanent bonuses as rewards, because it'd be easy as hell to accomplish, but also veers a little too close into FOMO mechanic territory for me.

Item generation is now a lot stronger, and each of the 8 main types of unit have their own set of statistics pull from so items look like they're something that makes sense in a Diablolike/MMO/generic rpg.

This is almost entirely cosmetic for now (only things that matter are sale price and power) , I've got some ideas kicking around for systems that would use these, but they're far past the general plan I'm working on.

Finally, I've plotted out the first roughly 10 hours of gameplay and will be re-building the entire upgrade tree soon. Thankfully I already have a tool I made for a different project that takes C# code and makes an editor for it, otherwise I'd be handling this all via excel or notepad, and that would suck!

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Deki posted:

Echoing the post that said this looks interesting and reminded them of Shop Titans. Looking forward to giving this a whirl.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
anyone got any insight on the new immortality idle achievements? I'm at the point where I have infinite money and lots of meridians and I don't really know what I'm supposed to do other than push a few more first ascensions

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Feline Mind Meld posted:

anyone got any insight on the new immortality idle achievements? I'm at the point where I have infinite money and lots of meridians and I don't really know what I'm supposed to do other than push a few more first ascensions

The code for all the achievements is on their github

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Deki posted:

Looking forward to playing this when available

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I was just introduced to Paragon Pioneers on iOS and it seems great. It's somewhere between an Anno game and an idler -- you place buildings on a map paying careful attention to positioning, in order to gather resources that other buildings will convert and combine into new resources, which serve to attract new colonists who, when provided with luxuries, are converted into a new "tier" of citizen that can help you produce new resources but also have more complicated requirements to keep happy. It sounds complicated but if you've ever played an Anno game you know exactly what the deal is. I don't know if I'd call it an "incremental" but the game does tick along in the background while you're away and is very nice for making short bursts of progress and then putting it away for a few hours and checking back in later. It's available for $5 on the app store with zero ads or in-app purchases. There's also a free trial version, I'm not sure what the limitations are there.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

goferchan posted:

There's also a free trial version, I'm not sure what the limitations are there.

You get to play through the entire first island and your save carries over if you buy the full game, so it's pretty nice as far as demos go.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Evolve:

An update just dropped with a new challenge and special reset called Terraforming, notably it reads like this challenge is actually possible to fail if you don't escape quickly enough. Seems to have some good perks for completing it as well with 10% steel, cement and craft speed all being solid.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Rynoto posted:

Evolve:

An update just dropped with a new challenge and special reset called Terraforming, notably it reads like this challenge is actually possible to fail if you don't escape quickly enough. Seems to have some good perks for completing it as well with 10% steel, cement and craft speed all being solid.

Looks pretty brutal. Like Cataclysm++

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Sooooooooooooooooo close.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Pope Guilty posted:

Sooooooooooooooooo close.

I discovered that I was missing one of the steam achievements for this. It was the 1 quadrillion Resource 3 cap so I had to open it back up. It’s such a calm thing to have open. Everything else except the NGU is now complete and it only took 100d of it being closed to get there.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
If the Alkahistorian series scratched a specific itch for you and you've been looking for more, or you just enjoy spinning different resource plates, maybe The Altahistorian's Conquest is for you?

https://dystopia-user181.itch.io/the-alterhistorians-conquest

Also, ran into a civclicker, Clicker Ultimate https://clickerultimate.github.io/

Both browser based and free

(For the altahistorian - to buy upgrades with resources, you need them on your mouse, and that means they're not in storage. You may need 2 furnaces full of clay and wood to get pipes, but after that you can automate a bit)

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Jhet posted:

I discovered that I was missing one of the steam achievements for this. It was the 1 quadrillion Resource 3 cap so I had to open it back up. It’s such a calm thing to have open. Everything else except the NGU is now complete and it only took 100d of it being closed to get there.

Had the same experience when I beat NGU lol. Had to let it run in AFK mode for another month to get the last Resource 3 cap cheevo.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Xtanstic posted:

Had the same experience when I beat NGU lol. Had to let it run in AFK mode for another month to get the last Resource 3 cap cheevo.

It’s almost there, but my last NGUs are only about 40% of the way to get capped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

If the Alkahistorian series scratched a specific itch for you and you've been looking for more, or you just enjoy spinning different resource plates, maybe The Altahistorian's Conquest is for you?

https://dystopia-user181.itch.io/the-alterhistorians-conquest

Also, ran into a civclicker, Clicker Ultimate https://clickerultimate.github.io/

Both browser based and free

(For the altahistorian - to buy upgrades with resources, you need them on your mouse, and that means they're not in storage. You may need 2 furnaces full of clay and wood to get pipes, but after that you can automate a bit)

is there any reasonable progress in alterhistorian once you get to steam engine? seems like the only thing left to do is the essence purifier but rounding up hundreds of energy 10 at a time is some bullshit.