Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I'm kicking myself for not submitting a Sage weapon design where it's the Wind-Up Cursor but four of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Ages ago I played thorugh the main plotline of ARR on my computer. Now I want to continue the game on my PS5. Do I just buy the full set with all the expansions on the PS5 and when I log in it'll be like, "oh yeah it's you" or do I need to do anything special?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Gripweed posted:

Ages ago I played thorugh the main plotline of ARR on my computer. Now I want to continue the game on my PS5. Do I just buy the full set with all the expansions on the PS5 and when I log in it'll be like, "oh yeah it's you" or do I need to do anything special?

You’ll have to re-set up your hotbars, options, and UI, but otherwise, yes, just log in after purchasing and adding the new copies to your service account and you’ll be fine.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

SuperKlaus posted:

When will the weapon design contest winners be in game? I thought several of those were incredible.

Some past art contest stuff has taken years to get into the game, so temper expectations.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Some past art contest stuff has taken years to get into the game, so temper expectations.

It was about a year between when they announced the winners of the first gear design contests and items got in the game.

Lost Allagan was announced as the tank set winner in August 2016 and was implemented in 4.05 in July 2017. The healer winner was announced in April 2017 and was in Skalla that October, but the caster set, Bonewicca, wouldn't get into Swallow's Compass until May 2018. The catsuit won in September 2018 as the melee DPS winner and was in the game by October 2019 as the Late Allagan set, and it would take until February 2020 for the ranged winner to be implemented as Neo-Ishgardian.

They made sets for every role based on the winning entry, so that probably ate up some time. For the weapons, it's two of each, but they'll probably want to get them all in at once, I would imagine, so it might take a bit to do every weapon type minus Sage and Reaper which aren't done yet, afaik. Maybe they'll wait for those contests? If they're not relics, I'd guess 6.3.

Housing stuff has been implemented every patch for a long time, though. They got so many entries for housing stuff and I think they're literally doing all of it.

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Aug 5, 2022

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zeruel posted:

so gerolt finally got those kettles finished huh

I mean literally yes, you can get monk kettle fist weapons for finishing an arr relic, along with the kettle decoration item.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I just remembered how the last weapon contest had a lot of good “joke” weapons. They’d make pretty great Manderville weapons.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Okay but when do we get weapons of the best kettle, the Mark XIV Thermocoil Boilbuster

Burnt Poffin
Oct 10, 2012

Was hoping that somebody had added Omega doing his frog-idle animation while sitting on a rooftop. :)

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

HackensackBackpack posted:

I'm kicking myself for not submitting a Sage weapon design where it's the Wind-Up Cursor but four of them.

Good news, Sage and Reaper weapons weren't included in the contest. They're supposed to have a separate contest for those designs at some point.

Don't ask me when "some point" is.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Warmachine posted:

Good news, Sage and Reaper weapons weren't included in the contest. They're supposed to have a separate contest for those designs at some point.

Soon tm

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Huh. I had the weird thought today that if I died I'd be disappointed cause I couldn't play more FFXIV

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

hazardousmouse posted:

Huh. I had the weird thought today that if I died I'd be disappointed cause I couldn't play more FFXIV

"I've got to see what happens in Endwalker" definitely got me through some rough times in 2021.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Cephas posted:

"I've got to see what happens in Endwalker" definitely got me through some rough times in 2021.

Quite appropriate considering the message involved.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm free. After around 2.5-3 months worth of fishing total I got Big Fish.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Ibblebibble posted:

Congrats! I'll miss your sufferingfishing updates

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Congrats! I'll miss your sufferingfishing updates

Hey, I still got Ocean Fishing logs to complete, my suffering isn't over yet.

And then there's whatever big fish come out with 4.2.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Ibblebibble posted:

Hella congrats.

What is the best strategy for starting on this? I figure since my Shadowbringers project was collecting all the triple triad cards, my Endwalker project will be catching the fish.

Is there a good way to plan the attack on that? I'm sitting at 504/1140 fish for the resplendent rod and 29/204 (0/45 for ShB) toward Big Fish.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Use the fish tracker, prioritize fish with really low spawn rates, go to town

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Mordiceius posted:

Hella congrats.

What is the best strategy for starting on this? I figure since my Shadowbringers project was collecting all the triple triad cards, my Endwalker project will be catching the fish.

Is there a good way to plan the attack on that? I'm sitting at 504/1140 fish for the resplendent rod and 29/204 (0/45 for ShB) toward Big Fish.

Get to know https://ff14fish.carbuncleplushy.com/ really really well. I also used https://www.lalachievements.com/ to go through my fishing log and check off what I already had but honestly CP (and its included links to Teamcraft) is all you really need.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

My plan of attack was to just start on the list of zones and just go zone by zone. And catch everything I can. If the rare fish aren't up for that zone, I'd go and add it to the list and then move on to the next zone, back tracking whenever there's uptime. I'll worry about the really rare fish eventually. Just got a lot of junk fish to go through first. So I just figure I'll kinda "build" my rare list while crawling through zones. Is this a decent strategy?

I'm not trying to sprint to get this done. If I get it done before the next expansion, I'll be happy. So that gives me an 18 month goal.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Am I going to get the option to change my character design since I got a copy of the game on a different system? I know that there is a character change item distributed in some way, how does that work?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Gripweed posted:

Am I going to get the option to change my character design since I got a copy of the game on a different system? I know that there is a character change item distributed in some way, how does that work?

You get a free phantasia for completing the 2.0 MSQ (basically after the first credits roll). It will be in-game mailed to you by the system.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
ARR 2.0+ MSQ is dookie

"Huh....sounds like it could be Shiva I'm being brought into."

*45 minutes later*

"Well, the story has just name dropped Shiva finally."

*45 minutes later*

"I hope I can finally fight Shiva."

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
what's funny is by most player's estimations you're into the good part now

unless we're counting the good part as the music drop in the shiva fight itself and everything after that

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

For me when you get to fight shiva was the moment the game actually started to show signs of life. It still takes a while for the ecg to stabilize afterwards, but it was mostly a flatline before that

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mister Olympus posted:

what's funny is by most player's estimations you're into the good part now

unless we're counting the good part as the music drop in the shiva fight itself and everything after that

What is happening is interesting. There is still a ton of busy work though, when as soon as you hear the rumblings of Iceheart and etc it's pretty obvious where the quests will take you. The destination has never been more obvious, I am embarrassed for my supporting cast.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Mister Olympus posted:

I'm willing to accept this. What they do with Iceheart afterwards is super cool, and the fight itself is rad, but you have to get there first, and the most interesting thing about it in the mean time is that Minfilia actually puts on some normal people clothes for a single scene.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

It can be slow at times and but all that 2.0 and 2.X stuff is laying the foundation of characters, concepts, and plot that all the expansions people gush about are built on.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Galaga Galaxian posted:

It can be slow at times and but all that 2.0 and 2.X stuff is laying the foundation of characters, concepts, and plot that all the expansions people gush about are built on.

yeah, as a new player who started last december with no expectations other than 'people like this game' i enjoyed ARR

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, the Iceheart stuff and what it's establishing all has payoff; it's not another "gather the goblin cheese"/"get some sand oops wrong sand" chain. I know it's frustrating when you know what's coming and want to get to the fight, but it's worth paying attention.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'm done! Just finished Namazu and the Allied Stormblood quest.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Been doing frontlines since I've been wanting to get one of my alts jobs to 90 just for low end solo clears and it's been a lot more fun than I was expecting. I figured the pvp changes would make it kinda suck with the much lower time to kill but it's still mostly fun. Really been liking Sage. Didn't think much of them back when I was grinding CC but I think they shine in frontlines. The LB in particular is lackluster in CC but completely rules on seal rock and nadaam.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Still mad that the shadowbringers ones will be permanently stuck on bloodsworn

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
2.0 to 3.0 was a grind that i did not enjoy in the moment, but it was necessary and fit with the rest. I don't have any advice beyond POWER THROUGH.

get into HW where everything's covered in ice and it's nice to run around in while it's 95F and fire conditions in north america

ysayle lets go out for a coffee i want to hang out

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Warmachine posted:

The entry for the Sage & Reaper contest ended June 12.
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/2ea8653ae253ee87a6e182bbbde947c79ae5f616

I don't really have the artistic chops of many of the winning designs and I lacked any decent photo editing software at the time to just use screenshots. I could have tried harder, I suppose. It's just one of those things.

I'm still waiting for a barding design contest. I don't think they've ever done one and I just want basically the stuff on the back of the t-rex or in that adventurer kit housing item as chocobo barding.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/hersheyfont/status/1555559361308680192

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Tough choice but I think the right one was made.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Nero shrugging his shoulders and shaking his head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

in an increasingly fractitious, divided world, it's comforting to know that all nations and peoples can unite in the solemn belief that emet-selch is the most kissable boy of them all