Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
If they run into situations where there are a bunch of wheelie boys or clickers waiting too long for games, the MM should just throw them all into a game together for ultimate enjoyment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

No weekend events. :thumbsup:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

the patch preview looks pretty good. the map changes they went thru all seemed very good. those italian TDs are going to be nutso but the new lines always are and then get nerfed

happy to report that i am back to 49% wr, on the road to unicum

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Nutso doesn't begin to describe it. Apparently the minotauro is so armored, a jp100 with gold (highest pen shell in the game) can't pen it frontally when hull down.

Edit: M-V-Y is ine of the focus tanks for the next season pass with its 3d style already found in data mining.

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2022/08/05/wot-1-18-common-test-new-2d-and-3d-styles

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Aug 6, 2022

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
That just makes me wish they'd done an official Ranzar style for the tank.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

JuffoWup posted:

Nutso doesn't begin to describe it. Apparently the minotauro is so armored, a jp100 with gold (highest pen shell in the game) can't pen it frontally when hull down.

Edit: M-V-Y is ine of the focus tanks for the next season pass with its 3d style already found in data mining.

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2022/08/05/wot-1-18-common-test-new-2d-and-3d-styles

gently caress. Well, guess that is another tree I need to grind now.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
More shots of it.

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2022/08/06/wot-1-18-swordfish-3d-style-for-the-%F0%9F%87%BA%F0%9F%87%B8m-v-y/

The best shot is this though:

Can't stop laughing...

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
So what is the Spershing like these days? Their bolted on armor still seems annoying to pen when well played, and they're much faster than I remember unless everyone is packing bond turbos on them :confused:
Been seeing quite a few of them lately, and it's inexpensive to get at trade-in events.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Aug 8, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Suffers from the standard old medium problem of having awful alpha and generally being kinda meh compared to newer premiums. You see it everywhere because it's available for bonds and without spending real money frequently.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Got the top gun on the Type 61 and it really changes the tank into a potential problem if left alone. Having a much better time in it now, but I am still going to sell it for the STB. The total lack of any armor is frustrating.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

sauer kraut posted:

So what is the Spershing like these days? Their bolted on armor still seems annoying to pen when well played, and they're much faster than I remember unless everyone is packing bond turbos on them :confused:
Been seeing quite a few of them lately, and it's inexpensive to get at trade-in events.

It got buffed and are faster than they used to be, but people are probably still using turbos. They are pretty annoying to deal with when someone knows how to use them and are in a position where they can just keep the front of their tanked aimed at you. You can pen them frontally in a few places, but usually pretty hard to hit the soft parts if they are dancing.

Mesadoram posted:

Got the top gun on the Type 61 and it really changes the tank into a potential problem if left alone. Having a much better time in it now, but I am still going to sell it for the STB. The total lack of any armor is frustrating.

I think I only played the Type 61 with the top gun and it is one of my favorite t9 medium tank grinds. One of the first where I actually enjoyed playing the tank and was kind of sad to sell it. It doesn't have any armor, but I did get some weird bounces as people aimed at (and missed) my cupola when they could have penned me anywhere in my turret.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

TracerM17 posted:

I think I only played the Type 61 with the top gun and it is one of my favorite t9 medium tank grinds. One of the first where I actually enjoyed playing the tank and was kind of sad to sell it. It doesn't have any armor, but I did get some weird bounces as people aimed at (and missed) my cupola when they could have penned me anywhere in my turret.

How quickly it vomits out damage is amazing. But I have found myself getting a little too greedy in it and died because of it (honestly though, getting 4k damage is worth it).

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I'm sitting on close to 35k bonds right now and am wondering:

1) Is the IS-5 worth it? I have the IS-3A and Defender, but neither really fill the spot (or style) of the standard IS-3; I am prone to over-extending in the IS-3A when the first shot misses, while the Defender constantly has the ghost of Roy Orbison as the gunner. The IS-6 is, unfortunately, a sad old relic which feels like a Tier VII now.

2a) Which of the M60 and 121B is the better choice?
2b) If neither, is the T-103 worth spaffing 8k on at all?

I have considered the KV-4 Kres. but I just don't get along well with tanks featuring rear-mounted turrets -- maybe someone can bring up why it wouldn't be a complete disaster? FWIW, I get along well with both the KV-4 and KV-5.

As for the Foch 155, loving forget it; I'd rather superglue my anus shut, given my horrible experience with that line in the tech-tree.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
The 121B is the best non-chieftain tank you can get for bonds.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Or you can save your bonds until you have 135k, like me. :hehe:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I do love the 121b, it is a quick tank that is pretty drat good at brawling and has great DPM. It was one of those tanks where if you played a T54 and loved it, you will love this one too.

The IS-5 is a weird tank. The gun on it (even after the buffs) will make you want to rip your hair out.

Edit: Typo

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 10, 2022

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I'm sitting on close to 35k bonds right now and am wondering:

1) Is the IS-5 worth it? I have the IS-3A and Defender, but neither really fill the spot (or style) of the standard IS-3; I am prone to over-extending in the IS-3A when the first shot misses, while the Defender constantly has the ghost of Roy Orbison as the gunner. The IS-6 is, unfortunately, a sad old relic which feels like a Tier VII now.

2a) Which of the M60 and 121B is the better choice?
2b) If neither, is the T-103 worth spaffing 8k on at all?

Imagine a Defender with a lot of frontal armor sheared off to get a tiny bit of mobility. Very similar guns, gaining a small amount of soft stats for even worse base accuracy than the Defender.
So no, probably not worth it :(

I don't play a lot of tier 10, but the 121B is scarier when I encounter one. Downright terrifying when hull down. M60 is big and squishy and just a funny looking Leo1, even if the gun hurts ofc.

The T-103 is often the tank I play first to get the day started. To me it's like a Patriot with a much better gun, but an unfortunate tumor weakspot on top of the turret.
Since I lack the patience for a Skorp/SU130, it does the turret TD job for me. ymmv it's a real unique beast, not sure if I'd bother buying one if I had a collection like yours already. It's a great f2p bond shop choice.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Aug 10, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This looks kinda neat.

https://twitter.com/WorldofTanksEU/status/1557622849027936262

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I hope they slither themselves back on like a snake.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

the next logical step is for WGing to finally put people models in the game and if you want to put your tracks back on your crew has to get out with wrenchs n poo poo

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I finally unlocked every tank in the game. Now I join the masses of people who tell WG that I have way too many universal blueprints and to give me less of them.

I also noticed everything is on sale except the Yoh tanks, or is that just me?

BadLlama posted:

the next logical step is for WGing to finally put people models in the game and if you want to put your tracks back on your crew has to get out with wrenchs n poo poo

High explosive will have a new purpose in killing your crew outside of the tank.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Feels to me this track anim stuff is stopgap cause they have no better ideas.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

They could put feature development on hold and just do balance passes from here to eternity and I'd be thrilled.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
They should remove arty.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Katamari Democracy posted:

They should remove arty.

:hmmyes:

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
totally they should have little mans pop out and fix stuff and you can spray them down with your coaxial machinegun oh wow! rated M for mature!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

BadLlama posted:

World of Infantry: Welcome to the Suck

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

My idea of having the tracks slither on like snakes is 100% better. :lofty:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Get Logan Lerman from Fury back and have him do some :aaa: lines being the FNG who gets sent out to fix the tracks.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

No need to remove arty entirely, just keep moving things in the right direction until a natural end goal is achieved.

Lock artillery to 1 per team (yes this means there is always 1 arty, you should never be "safe" in the open). Lock lights to 1 per team. Lock TDs to 3 per team. Lock heavies and mediums to 5 each per team. Narrow MM to +1/-1. They can even update "preferred matchmaking" vehicles to never see +1 to keep that train rolling.

Change the capped maximum viewrange of different classes of vehicles and adjust camo values to compensate (radio/signal range and render range remains unchanged): 200m arty, 300m heavies, 350m mediums and TDs, 400m wheeled vehicles, 450m lights.

Hire a map designer who doesn't have a hardon for MOBAs.

Give "winning team" xp/credit bonuses to the top three players on the losing team (by exp earned) to incentivise not just throwing away obvious losses. Apply "losing team" xp/credit penalties to the bottom 3 players (if zero damage dealt) on the winning team to inventivise not AFKing.

Change boosters to be "x wins" instead of "x minutes" and set "win" count based on current average games played within the existing booster timeframe of 1hr/2hrs. EG "50% credit boost for 5 wins/10 wins".

There's 90% of the current problems with the game outside of T10 resolved right there, without even getting into the weeds of goldspam and hulldown meta.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Add to the map thing. Expand the map sizes for t8+ matches. As in, give me grand battle maps for normal 15v15. In just that change alone, arty is less repressive as they don't have the range to cover the full map. And at only 15v15, lights and wheelies along with mobile mediums can actually move and exploit changes in the battle.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Didn't notice I had a 10 battle rental of the M4A1 Ravioli.

Great first battle.

5 down, eh.

And done with the 10 battles. Love it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
double post

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

JuffoWup posted:

Add to the map thing. Expand the map sizes for t8+ matches. As in, give me grand battle maps for normal 15v15. In just that change alone, arty is less repressive as they don't have the range to cover the full map. And at only 15v15, lights and wheelies along with mobile mediums can actually move and exploit changes in the battle.

Yeah it's insanely bad that some of the maps are so small you can literally see into the enemy spawn immediately as the game starts. Good luck playing any kind of slow tank that can't dive into cover in the 10 seconds it takes for a light tank to spot most of your team.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah it's insanely bad that some of the maps are so small you can literally see into the enemy spawn immediately as the game starts. Good luck playing any kind of slow tank that can't dive into cover in the 10 seconds it takes for a light tank to spot most of your team.

That is the reason I have ensk on my ban list. Too drat small for t8+. I still have no idea why that map exists at that tier. A lot of tanks just break on that map because of how confining and brawly it is.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

A per-tank (or at least per-class) map ban list would be :chefkiss:

I have all kinds of tanks except skycancer, and there are maps that I never ever want to see in a light that I woiuld love in a heavy.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Ensk is pretty dogshit no matter the class once you get past Tier III.

Edit:
And loving goddamn do I hate Cliff.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Had a fun game where I just hit W for most of it:

Replay: http://wotreplays.eu/site/6323281

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwGa1cFv7uM

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
I managed to buy my first tier 10 ever. An amx 13 105. About 9 years late, I had been aiming for the bat chat of yore.

Anyway, what equipment should I get?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Molybdenum posted:

I managed to buy my first tier 10 ever. An amx 13 105. About 9 years late, I had been aiming for the bat chat of yore.

Anyway, what equipment should I get?

Congrats!

As for equipment I check out Skills page to see what suggests: https://skill4ltu.eu/17217/amx-13-105/