Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

indigi posted:

numbers are definitely not up

Someone hasn't looked at inflation charts. Numbers are VERY up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Mr. Lobe posted:

Its funny to me how much Bill Clinton has been diminished as a public figure
Al Gore was spared from the #MeToo scrutiny because his "An Inconvenient Sequel" press tour happened a few months before Weinstein broke.

Google al gore massage therapists

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Did remind me of this one though, lol.

trash with a history of awful opinions:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

imagine actually liking a politician, much less a fuckin slaver

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Tommah posted:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?174100-1/senator-thurmond-100th-birthday start at 56:50

politics during the early 2000s were as hosed up as politics today

what is strom Thurman's famous quote

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's really unsettling how much thurmond's peers seem to have liked him. like sure, his abhorrent politics wouldn't drive away other members of congress of any party affiliation because they all have similar, equally abhorrent politics. but why was he everyone's favorite guy?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
He was just a guy you could really have a beer with you know?

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uhTBIJIRLk

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Echo Chamber posted:

Al Gore was spared from the #MeToo scrutiny because his "An Inconvenient Sequel" press tour happened a few months before Weinstein broke.

Google al gore massage therapists
thank you for this even if it makes me slightly sad to learn he's not just an awkward geek with bad opinions but actively cancelled, it is always better to know :911:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's really unsettling how much thurmond's peers seem to have liked him. like sure, his abhorrent politics wouldn't drive away other members of congress of any party affiliation because they all have similar, equally abhorrent politics. but why was he everyone's favorite guy?

I imagine because even then congress skewed real loving old so his ideas weren't THAT out there for most of them

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Mr. Lobe posted:

Its funny to me how much Bill Clinton has been diminished as a public figure

He's just hilldawg's husband at best lol

Remember in 2016 when hillary's people had consolidated all the data centers and determined campaigning in battleground states was stupid and bill said "well as someone who's won two presidencies" and robby mook or whoever was like "shut up idiot"

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

projecthalaxy posted:

Remember in 2016 when hillary's people had consolidated all the data centers and determined campaigning in battleground states was stupid and bill said "well as someone who's won two presidencies" and robby mook or whoever was like "shut up idiot"

hillary eating absolute poo poo because she felt so entitled to the presidency and so sure trump was going to lose in a mondale v reagan level blowout that she didn't even campaign will never not be hilarious.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

projecthalaxy posted:

Wasn't he going around desperately trying to campaign in all the Midwestern states that Hillary ended up losing? The absolute arrogance of Hillary not to listen to him is astounding. Really disproves that old stereotype that she was the mastermind behind the scenes in the 90s. Turns out Bill Clinton the dumb hick with a smart wife who knows what she was doing was just something the media invented.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

bertolt rekt
Jul 30, 2007

this one still gets me every time. moreso than any of the other classics

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I dreaded the nights Father would try and make me class conscious

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
nah I get their point, sometimes it doesn’t matter what’s being yelled about. my hackles go up the second a man raises their voice around me because deep in my brain’s gooey core it signals that I’m in trouble, and I wasn’t raised in a house where there was abuse or threatening physical displays. but as soon as a dude gets a certain tone of voice I can feel that pre-fight vibration. that response doesn’t trigger watching a movie or at a rally/concert/protest, but I believe it would be worse for someone whose dad was a loving maniac

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

indigi posted:

nah I get their point, sometimes it doesn’t matter what’s being yelled about. my hackles go up the second a man raises their voice around me because deep in my brain’s gooey core it signals that I’m in trouble, and I wasn’t raised in a house where there was abuse or threatening physical displays. but as soon as a dude gets a certain tone of voice I can feel that pre-fight vibration. that response doesn’t trigger watching a movie or at a rally/concert/protest, but I believe it would be worse for someone whose dad was a loving maniac

I can't believe Bernie Sanders would do this

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

All the people who were tireless scolds of Bernie Sanders for raising his voice or showing emotion seamlessly turning into tireless promotors of Joe Biden and later, tireless promoters of funding the War in Ukraine

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it’s totally possible they were cynically adopting hallmarks of PTSD to make a very facile point but I don’t want to accuse people of faking trauma, we all know where that road leads

e: except Ben Simmons, I hereby 100% unironically accuse him of faking both mental and physical trauma

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

im going to cynically charge all the people who attacked bernie sanders for idiotic reasons as being anti-Semites

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

bedpan posted:

im going to cynically charge all the people who attacked bernie sanders for idiotic reasons as being anti-Semites
Louise Mensch loves the ASOV battalion. Story checks out.

edit: keeping the typo; dumb Nazi bitch

Echo Chamber has issued a correction as of 23:35 on Aug 6, 2022

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Echo Chamber posted:

Louise Mensch loves the ASOV battalion. Story checks out.

what does ASOV stand for?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

what does ASOV stand for?

A Song OV ice and fire

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

genesis p-orridge and Thee Temple ov Psychick Youth

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Louise Mensch literally had a psychotic break due to doing too much coke

Also she was a Tory MP

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

indigi posted:

that pre-fight vibration

yeah wtf is that, anyway? similar to when shipment shouts really angrily and you can feel the air change

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Zvahl posted:

lmao

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm imagining a constant stream of guys who fend her off by pretending to be gay, autistic, or both. it's a natural defense mechanism.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

indigi posted:

note to dudes: stop being dudes

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Kitfox88 posted:

hillary eating absolute poo poo because she felt so entitled to the presidency and so sure trump was going to lose in a mondale v reagan level blowout that she didn't even campaign will never not be hilarious.

I gotta think everyone underestimated the effect of Shelby County.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Zvahl posted:

it me

Stato-Masochist
Aug 22, 2010

the air is fresh, there's plenty of parking, plenty of space to walk around

that time a basque separatist group assassinated a franco prime minister with a bomb that launched his car over an entire church

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Politics adjacent: that tv show that started with the lady masturbating to Obama's One America speech

the better part was Obama including fleabag in his best tv shows of the year list

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

Wasn't he going around desperately trying to campaign in all the Midwestern states that Hillary ended up losing? The absolute arrogance of Hillary not to listen to him is astounding. Really disproves that old stereotype that she was the mastermind behind the scenes in the 90s. Turns out Bill Clinton the dumb hick with a smart wife who knows what she was doing was just something the media invented.

Hillarycare

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

theflyingexecutive posted:

the better part was Obama including fleabag in his best tv shows of the year list

this is the actual funny part of imo, it isn't that that scene is in the show, it's that Obama supposedly watched the show, saw that scene, and went "yep this is the TV show of the year" and announced it to the world

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

vyelkin posted:

this is the actual funny part of imo, it isn't that that scene is in the show, it's that Obama supposedly watched the show, saw that scene, and went "yep this is the TV show of the year" and announced it to the world

"uh let me be clear, you love to see a young lady bopping the bishop to one of my speeches. that's america right there"

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

indigi posted:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
>Dudes from New York talk loud

>Talking loud means you're a dad who will fist-fight dinner

>All New Yorkers are Daddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Stato-Masochist posted:

that time a basque separatist group assassinated a franco prime minister with a bomb that launched his car over an entire church

Possibly the best assassination ever.