Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which August 16th release are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16 12 21.82%
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16 31 56.36%
Tribes of Midgard [XSX, XBO, Switch] – August 16 5 9.09%
Way of the Hunter [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 16 7 12.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

God, I don't know how to describe it, but there's a certain vibe to Xbox exclusive games that I love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I love the FF14 poster who was mad that the game kept implying that your character loves to go on adventures because they roleplayed their character as a reluctant adventurer who just wanted to settle down. That poor catgirl who just wanted to go fishing and was forced to save the world 7 times...

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
lmao

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Pwnstar posted:

That poor catgirl who just wanted to go fishing and was forced to save the world 7 times...

honestly relatable

https://twitter.com/zucchini_loaf/status/1538207372241358849
https://twitter.com/twilightpopoto/status/1474217778169012228

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Aug 6, 2022

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I wanna meet Papalymo's dad :stwoon:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I have a real-life friend who's really into FFXIV roleplaying and it was interesting to talk to her about it, since I don't really do any of it. (I guess I passively get in my character's headspace when I'm doing story stuff or whatever but I don't to actual RP.)

I was curious how the RP community deals with the really prominent story and every character being the Warrior of Light and the answer is: they don't. It's just compartmentalized. Sure, any given RPer's character is the Warrior of Light when they're playing the story, but then they have a different version of their character with a different background and story and stuff who they actually RP as with other players. Some communities treat the main story as something that's happening in the world but that they aren't necessarily involved with, others just ignore it entirely.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rarity posted:

I wanna meet Papalymo's dad :stwoon:

Grandpalymo

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hwurmp posted:

Hidanko Kushima

Hwurmp posted:

Uchikushi

Hwurmp posted:

Grandpalymo

Hwurmp has found their calling :)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Pwnstar posted:

I love the FF14 poster who was mad that the game kept implying that your character loves to go on adventures because they roleplayed their character as a reluctant adventurer who just wanted to settle down. That poor catgirl who just wanted to go fishing and was forced to save the world 7 times...

Just as good as the one guy who didn't want to upgrade to White Mage cause they roleplayed that Kan-E-Sanna broke their dad's kneecaps.

Then abandoned all that for the Unicorn mount even though they don't need to be a White Mage for that.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I was so good at this game in my house I was banned from using my character. There are no differences between characters.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Woah, the starters of SwoShi all have monotyped evolutions.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

Hwurmp has found their calling :)

no, I just ran out of deez nutz jokes

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The spoiler thread has the infamous "legitimately believes that monarchy is superior governance to democracy" poster though

Moofia posts in the OF so it still tracks (in fact he posted about how we are worse for discussing the game than reddit).

Pwnstar posted:

Given Cythereal is a WoW refugee who hated the constant war storyline I can understand her. That said expecting a FF JRPG to not infinitely escalate is not very farsighted.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The WoL has two personalities to choose from the dialogue options - bold adventurer or slightly snarky guy.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Inferior cover compared to Fuzion Frenzy 1 imo

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

God, I don't know how to describe it, but there's a certain vibe to Xbox exclusive games that I love.

Games made by Mountain Dew

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Better times.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Imagine if they made a new Outlaw Golf.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I used to play a lot of San Francisco Rush 2 on the N64, and that game had collectable Mountain Dew cans. Actually it was just called Rush 2, because you went all over USA, not just SF. Anyways, Dew cans. Every level had 4 hidden Dew cans that you seek and jump your way to. Often at the end of a long ramp, or way off in a remote corner that no one would ever drive by normally. If you got all 4, then you could drive the secret Mountain Dew formula 1 car that had the best stats. But you could only drive it for that level; you had to find them for each stage. It was cool driving the Dewmobile and you'd win every race with it. But since we didn't own a N64 save pak at the time, we'd lose the car every time we shut the game off.

It wasn't a huge loss, since i never bothered to do any racing in that game. I spent most of my time doing tricks in the stunt course instead.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Even as a huge dew head and member of dew nation. There's too many drat flavors coming out. I thought it was nuts when KFC and Dollar General both got one, but now it's LTO one and exclusives and energy drinks. It's diluting the brand.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Gaius Marius posted:

Even as a huge dew head and member of dew nation. There's too many drat flavors coming out. I thought it was nuts when KFC and Dollar General both got one, but now it's LTO one and exclusives and energy drinks. It's diluting the brand.

How many kidney stones have you had?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Zil posted:

7 why?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
really wish i had some Mello Yello right now

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Zil posted:

The pineapple flavor was really disappointing.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
i didn't know they made pineapple flavored kidney stones

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I've such sights to show you

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

FirstAidKite posted:

Inferior cover compared to Fuzion Frenzy 1 imo

Massively inferior game as well.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I used to drink mtn dew when I was a preteen, and later there was a schoolyard rumour that the ‘dew had chemicals in it that would shrink your penis, but at the time I didn’t believe it and kept drinking. Huge regrets now ofc

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I honestly wonder what started that rumor haha.

Also yeah, only dew i drink is Baja Blast.

Probably only reason I order Taco Bell.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I want a loving Volcano Burrito goddamnit

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

DemoneeHo posted:

I used to play a lot of San Francisco Rush 2 on the N64, and that game had collectable Mountain Dew cans. Actually it was just called Rush 2, because you went all over USA, not just SF. Anyways, Dew cans. Every level had 4 hidden Dew cans that you seek and jump your way to. Often at the end of a long ramp, or way off in a remote corner that no one would ever drive by normally. If you got all 4, then you could drive the secret Mountain Dew formula 1 car that had the best stats. But you could only drive it for that level; you had to find them for each stage. It was cool driving the Dewmobile and you'd win every race with it. But since we didn't own a N64 save pak at the time, we'd lose the car every time we shut the game off.

It wasn't a huge loss, since i never bothered to do any racing in that game. I spent most of my time doing tricks in the stunt course instead.

Rush 2 and 2049 owned

Most tracks had so much extra stuff to explore in them it was great

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

it is honestly kinda crazy thinking how much goddamn soda i drank as a kid and now i can barely finish half a can before pouring the rest down the drain

an A&W rootbeer in a cold glass mug is the only soda i drink with any kind of enthusiasm nowadays

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

RBA Starblade posted:

Rush 2 and 2049 owned

Most tracks had so much extra stuff to explore in them it was great

2049 loving kicked insane amounts of rear end

https://youtu.be/nIQI21bkZ6E

RUSHHH

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Vermain posted:

it is honestly kinda crazy thinking how much goddamn soda i drank as a kid and now i can barely finish half a can before pouring the rest down the drain

an A&W rootbeer in a cold glass mug is the only soda i drink with any kind of enthusiasm nowadays

I know that feel. LIke as a kid you chugged soda like nothing. But then you look at how much sugar is in a soda can and its like loving hell 70 to 80 percent of your sugar DV already.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The trick is to drink zero sugar soda

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
:v:

I think the only negative thing about those is certain ones have way more caffine.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You say this like it's a problem

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

400mg of caffeine a day is how god intended mankind to live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Will admt i"m a tad more caffine senstive.

Price I paid for doing crunch QA (not current job!, past ones to be clear) and all those coffees I chugged to stay awake til 3am.