Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

lmaooooo

Props to Bakugo for ducking out of this poo poo series finally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I have my doubts that (My Hero Academia and Chainsaw Man spoilers)

the most popular character in the series would go out like this without accomplishing anything. Even Chainsaw Man brought Power back for a touching final scene where she saves Denji after killing her unceremoniously, and Chainsaw Man is a series that loves killing characters.

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Aug 6, 2022

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

chiasaur11 posted:

I have my doubts that

the most popular character in the series would go out like this without accomplishing anything. Even Chainsaw Man brought Power back for a touching final scene where she saves Denji after killing her unceremoniously, and Chainsaw Man is a series that loves killing characters.

Probably mark the spoilers for the series you're actually spoiling here

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
guy who only ever talks about chainsaw man: "getting some real 'chainsaw man' vibes from all this..."

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

guy who only ever talks about chainsaw man: "getting some real 'chainsaw man' vibes from all this..."

I considered talking about Attack on Titan instead, if it makes you feel any better.

And it's more that Chainsaw Man is one of the Jump series most willing to kill characters, so if something feels too far for it, then My Hero Academia, which is closer to the One Piece end of things most of the time, is very unlikely to off someone under similar circumstances.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Oxxidation posted:

"Can't believe Shiraki has turned into Melon from Beastars by taking an interesting character and then sucking everything interesting out of him in the endgame"

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
When will naruto show up and kill madara

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nuebot posted:

When he's done charging the spirit bomb, and not one second sooner.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Never

chiasaur11 posted:

When he's done charging the spirit bomb, and not one second sooner.

Why did the Spirit Bomb and Kaioken disappear during the Cell Saga?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

RareAcumen posted:

Kaioken: The kaioken blows your body up, so Goku was trying to master super saiyan instead.

Spirit Bomb: The Spirit Bomb is usually only pulled out in desperation moments where all else has failed, and Goku thought he had everything under control with his "make Gohan surpass SSJ" plan until basically the Cell Jrs. were kicking his face in.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Never

Because The People's Hero Hercule Satan didn't need to use fancy gimmicks like that to beat a low down jobberino like Cell.

He only resorted to the Spirit Bomb when he fought against Kid Buu, because he knew the good people of Earth would want to feel like they had a hand in saving the day after going through the trauma of everyone dying.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Nuebot posted:

It was a moon rabbit that killed madara, yes that means Mirko is gonna beat his rear end.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Using the Spirit Bomb against 19 would be a terrible idea, and the only time he could reasonably use it against Cell would've been after he left the ring and entrusted things to Gohan.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

At first I thought that Shigaraki's face was burned from Suneater's attack, but apparently that was there before. So his attack did literally nothing? It's hard to tell from the art. Mirio punched him right before it hit or something? Hard to tell what's going on.

Bleck posted:

I think we're beyond implication, here, like there's literally a shot in the chapter of his heart exploding.

Oh, it's easy to miss the panel with that (it's sort of narrow and sandwiched between other panels).

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

This is kinda what the thread sounds like just more angry

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Ytlaya posted:

At first I thought that Shigaraki's face was burned from Suneater's attack, but apparently that was there before. So his attack did literally nothing? It's hard to tell from the art. Mirio punched him right before it hit or something? Hard to tell what's going on.

Oh, it's easy to miss the panel with that (it's sort of narrow and sandwiched between other panels).

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, the art's really all over the place and hard to follow.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That third page is rough but it's also the kind of page that's going to look much, much better in the real digital version thanks to all the shading and fine details.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i just wish Shigaraki was the villain with the severed hands on his face

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Ytlaya posted:

If the plasma cannon did nothing, how are Mirio's punches anything more than a slap from a toddler? Mirio is strong for a person, but he has no extra strength. So what is he even doing other than being a distraction?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Mirio punching Shiggy got more of a reaction out of me than Suneater's Meat Cannon, and I honestly don't know how to feel about that

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I still don’t quite understand how you make a plasma cannon out of organic animal parts.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

RatHat posted:

I still don’t quite understand how you make a plasma cannon out of organic animal parts.

Hell, I don't understand how you make a plasma cannon out of inorganic materials.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RatHat posted:

Organic human parts can shoot lasers from their tummy or fire from their hands, why not animals?

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

In this universe David Attenborough died young due to getting hit with plasma from a zebra.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Nuebot posted:

At least Madara had a fun poo poo-talking personality while he got lost on the way to the fireworks factory.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Mymla posted:

Hell, I don't understand how you make a plasma cannon out of inorganic materials.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casaba-Howitzer :pseudo:

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I really thought that beam could've just been from Suneater eating a pistol shrimp which can produce heat almost as hot as the sun's surface in an underwater bullet but okay

I don't even know what to say or think about the rest of the manga this week

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Bakugou is going to come back to life next week by using tiny explosions in his body to keep his blood pumping even without a heart.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Nuebot posted:

I think we have a much higher chance of Aizen showing up and revealing Shigaraki has been punching himself in the face for the last 5 chapters.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rhonne posted:

Bakugou is going to come back to life next week by using tiny explosions in his body to keep his blood pumping even without a heart.

O MY EXPLOSIVE QUIRK

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Nuebot posted:

You realize Naruto was there when Madara made his debut.
Plus the entire cast spent a year and a half fighting Obito before finally dealing with Madara.

Rohan Kishibe posted:

At least Madara had a fun poo poo-talking personality while he got lost on the way to the fireworks factory.

Until we got to the Hashirama flashback and he turned out to be just as hungup and irrational as the rest of the Uchihas.

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Aug 6, 2022

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Delphisage posted:

You realize Naruto was there when Madara made his debut.
Plus the entire cast spent a year and a half fighting Obito before finally dealing with Madara.

No, because the naruto finale sucked so much I've put it out of my mind and don't plan to re-read it. Hence why I'm joking about this feeling similar.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rhonne posted:

He will still lose the fight.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Nuebot posted:

No, because the naruto finale sucked so much I've put it out of my mind and don't plan to re-read it. Hence why I'm joking about this feeling similar.

Aren't you lucky. I just read and watched all of Naruto within the space of last year because it was becoming impossible to discuss MHA without knowing Naruto.

Like, there's seriously three Obitos in MHA, and I have no idea why anyone would think he was a character worth homaging to.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
He was the coolest guy.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
If Shigaraki gets a "coolest guy" moment after this it will be very very funny

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Fabricated posted:

If Shigaraki gets a "coolest guy" moment after this it will be very very funny

You know it'll happen. Or at least a "Tenko was a coolest guy" moment.

I was asking seriously there, btw: Why did Horikoshi make three direct homages to Obito in the form of Shigaraki, Dabi and Kurogiri? Does he just not understand how Obito was the worst villain in the entire manga? Or does he think scenes like Madara going "Actually I planned all along for Rin to die at Kakashi's hands and for you to witness it and decide to turn evil" are such big examples of good writing that he's planning to do his own version of that with AFO and Shiggy within the next dozen chapters?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Delphisage posted:

You know it'll happen. Or at least a "Tenko was a coolest guy" moment.

I was asking seriously there, btw: Why did Horikoshi make three direct homages to Obito in the form of Shigaraki, Dabi and Kurogiri? Does he just not understand how Obito was the worst villain in the entire manga? Or does he think scenes like Madara going "Actually I planned all along for Rin to die at Kakashi's hands and for you to witness it and decide to turn evil" are such big examples of good writing that he's planning to do his own version of that with AFO and Shiggy within the next dozen chapters?

Who gets to be Orochimaru

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I doubt he'll be rehabilitated and put into a war crime dungeon as hero backup but AFO has the whole creepy child groomer body snatcher thing going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Nuebot posted:

Who gets to be Orochimaru

Overhaul. He's a villain that should've been a long-term issue, but the story just forgets about him because the author wasn't interested.