Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Schlieffen sex battery is even enough to give trouble to speed boosted Marceau/Kleber, the damage aura has to be respected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

I love the Schlieffen, but since I got the full secondary spec Hannover it's kind of been gathering dust.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

General Battuta posted:

Schlieffen sex battery is even enough to give trouble to speed boosted Marceau/Kleber, the damage aura has to be respected.

Yeah I also completely dumpstered a Marceau who was trying to torp rush me. He was behind an island at ~4.5km when I popped hydro, he rushed out and ... well, he died fast.

Burt posted:

I love the Schlieffen, but since I got the full secondary spec Hannover it's kind of been gathering dust.

The thing that's stopping me from getting the Hannover is that I need to get the Preussen first and I just can't face ~250k xp of Friedrich der Große anymore ;_;

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
FDG is fun, and good. I have a 57% wr and 87k avg damage over 75 games, it’s an underrated ship!

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah I also completely dumpstered a Marceau who was trying to torp rush me. He was behind an island at ~4.5km when I popped hydro, he rushed out and ... well, he died fast.

The thing that's stopping me from getting the Hannover is that I need to get the Preussen first and I just can't face ~250k xp of Friedrich der Große anymore ;_;

Just FXP past it.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Since there are no more and never will be more FXP ships, my pattern now is blow FXP on RB every time the 2x booster is up. This leaves enough FXP in the bank so that every time a new ship line is released, I can get the T7 from the mission chains pretty easily, farm Narai in it for a day, then FXP the TX of that line.

I don't really play this game too much either, just one session of clan nonsense a week. Sure there are lots of posts out there saying to never spend FXP on tech tree ships outright but poo poo, there isn't really any other use for it these days. WeeGee new ship line design is essentially decent T7, ratshit T8/T9 and decent TX so I don't feel i'm missing out not playing them. Only recent outlier is the T9 German BC Rupprecht which shreds in anything T9 competitive.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
You spend your FXP the way you want to spend it. Outside of RB there's no reason to horde it anymore. I'm probably gonna drop 750k FXP to move up to the Mino.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

General Battuta posted:

Schlieffen sex battery

the orgone reactor is operating at 110% efficiency ??

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I want to get a super-BB, is Satsuma still much better than Hannover?

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

kaesarsosei posted:

I want to get a super-BB, is Satsuma still much better than Hannover?

I have both and like them about equally. But saying that I haven't touched them in a while. Yamato is a more comfortable ship with reliable big guns (legendary mod) all the time instead of just during the F gimmick.

Hannover built for main guns feels worse to me than the Pruessen and built for secondaries isn't as yolo fun as the Schlieffen since it doesn't have torps and is a clumsy barge.

They're fine, I don't regret buying them. Satsuma probably gets the nod for me right now because if the future is having to run a supership BB for Clan Wars it's more suited to the task. If you wait a couple of months the Patrie will be out and that thing looks like a good old time, but also probably not a huge leap from the Repub/Bonjovi.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

masterpine posted:

I have both and like them about equally. But saying that I haven't touched them in a while. Yamato is a more comfortable ship with reliable big guns (legendary mod) all the time instead of just during the F gimmick.

Hannover built for main guns feels worse to me than the Pruessen and built for secondaries isn't as yolo fun as the Schlieffen since it doesn't have torps and is a clumsy barge.

They're fine, I don't regret buying them. Satsuma probably gets the nod for me right now because if the future is having to run a supership BB for Clan Wars it's more suited to the task. If you wait a couple of months the Patrie will be out and that thing looks like a good old time, but also probably not a huge leap from the Repub/Bonjovi.

Don’t run a super ship BB in clan battles. Conde, Annapolis, and Zoriky are all just better

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Is there a better feeling than getting accused of being a cheater? In this case it was a Shimakaze who yoloed into my Schlieffen's hydro range and got secondaried to death while trying to smoke up, then kept crying about how I shouldn't have been able to spot him and I was using smoke hacks to see him.

How do you get to T10 without understanding what hydro is, is my question.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Aug 5, 2022

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Is there a better feeling than getting accused of being a cheater? In this case it was a Shimakaze who yoloed into my Schlieffen's hydro range and got secondaried to death while trying to smoke up, then kept crying about how I shouldn't have been able to spot him and I was using smoke hacks to see him.

The best is when you track someone in smoke with a rapid fire ship and do like 18k blind to their dd. They really love that.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Gunboat DD's that sit broadside on in smoke clouds firing constantly then call you a cheater for torping them.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Just watch, especially in co-op games, how many players hit hydro/radar right at the start of the game. Also firing 6km torps at ships 6km +++ away.
In short, WOWs has a really stupid player base.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

For me its never very satisfying because I'm like "cheats? You drove broadside into B cap with 30% health, my man..."
:confuoot:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Burt posted:

Just watch, especially in co-op games, how many players hit hydro/radar right at the start of the game. Also firing 6km torps at ships 6km +++ away.
In short, WOWs has a really stupid player base.

Yeah that's always amazing. I keep hoping it's just a mistake for a lot of them because bindings change from boat to boat and I've definitely accidentally hit heal on my Halland when it was almost at full HP because on most other DDs that button is engine boost.

But it keeps happening and happening and happening and as you say, people don't also seem to understand torpedo ranges.

E: another special I've been seeing a lot lately is Des Moineses who didn't take radar. And Salems who hover at maximum range and therefore also invalidate the biggest reason to even come to ranked in those botes.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Aug 6, 2022

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

For me its never very satisfying because I'm like "cheats? You drove broadside into B cap with 30% health, my man..."
:confuoot:

I get it sometimes from Battleships sailing flat broadside to my Republique or Conqurer after I switch to AP. Like what did you expect to happen?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The upcoming brawls look absolutely nutso.

quote:

First Brawl - September 9-12:
3v3 on Tier VIII aircraft carriers.

Second Brawl - September 12-19:
12v12 on Tier VIII battleships.

Third Brawl - September 19-26:
12 vs 12 on Tier VIII cruisers.

Fourth Brawl - September 26 - October 3:
12v12 on Tier VIII destroyers.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The bads were out in full force the last couple of days. All crying about being killed in smoke screens. Always good for a laugh or two.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Announced on twitch yesterday, possible signs of an impending Dutch DD line

Dutch destroyer Tromp, tier X

Hit points – 24,500. Plating – 19 mm.
Main battery – 3x2 150 mm. Firing range – 13.3 km.
Maximum HE shell damage – 2,150. HE shell armor penetration – 25 mm. Chance to cause fire – 11%. HE initial velocity – 900 m/s.
Maximum AP shell damage – 3,000. AP initial velocity – 900 m/s.
Reload time – 8.0 s. 180 degree turn time – 18.0 s. Maximum dispersion – 114 m. Sigma – 2.00.
Torpedo tubes – 2x3 533 mm.
Maximum damage – 13,700. Range – 10.0 km. Speed – 64 kt. Reload time – 70 s. Launcher 180 degree turn time – 7.2 s. Torpedo detectability – 1.3 km.
AA defense: 4x1 76.0 mm., 2x1 40.0 mm., 2x2 20.0 mm., 2x1 20.0 mm., 2x2 40.0 mm

AA defense short-range: continuous damage per second – 46, hit probability – 95%, action zone – 2.0 km;
AA defense mid-range: continuous damage per second – 249, hit probability – 100%, action zone – 3.5 km;
Maximum speed – 33.5 kt. Turning circle radius – 720 m. Rudder shift time – 5.3 s. Surface detectability – 7.3 km. Air detectability – 3.7 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 3.2 km.

HE Bomb airstrike:

Reload time – 40 s. Available flights – 2. Maximum range – 8.0 km.
Number of aircraft in attacking flight – 12. Aircraft HP – 2,200. Number of bombs in payload – 6.
Maximum bomb damage – 3,700. Bomb penetration – 20.5 mm. Chance to cause fire – 21%.
Available consumables:

1 slot – Damage Control Party;
2 slot – Engine Boost.
All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers. The stats are subject to change during the testing.

Historically Tromp was built as a destroyer leader, hence the cruiser-ish features

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Aug 6, 2022

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

It looks awful. I saw someone say this on reddit and this was the first reply, strong post imo

quote:

Liar. You're a liar and you know it. Tromp is the best ship, it has all the best shells. No other ship has better shells, believe me. It has the best shells and the best speed, you wouldn't believe it. they told me "It's impossible, it's too good!" But it is, folks, it is, and you'll get tired of winning. We're gonna do so much winning, believe me, you're gonna get tired of it. You're gonna say "please, Wargaming, it's too much! We're winning so much with Tromp we can't take it anymore!" But you're gonna keep winning and it's gonna be awesome, and we're gonna build a great torpedo wall, a beautiful wall, with the best torpedoes, and we're gonna make War Thunder pay for it! And we need the wall, because the enemy team isn't sending us their best. They're kill stealers, they're trolls and some, I believe, may be good players. But we can't take them. It's a scam, folks. So we'll build a torpedo wall, the greatest torpedo wall ever.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
That abomination looks very meh but then again, Sherman seemed mediocre on paper when first announced.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

it is

I mean it's a monster in so many ways but unlike the real top-tier DDs (imo) it dies when shot.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

General Battuta posted:

it is

I mean it's a monster in so many ways but unlike the real top-tier DDs (imo) it dies when shot.

It feels like the other Dutch ships to me, I’m not sure what’s it’s supposed to do. It’s little bomber thing seems good but it’s torps are eh and guns look slow on paper at least. It also looks quite slow as well.

Wait is that extract right, no smoke, no repair party, no hydro. Just DC and Speed??

Aramoro fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 6, 2022

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Aramoro posted:

It feels like the other Dutch ships to me, I’m not sure what’s it’s supposed to do. It’s little bomber thing seems good but it’s torps are eh and guns look slow on paper at least. It also looks quite slow as well.

Wait is that extract right, no smoke, no repair party, no hydro. Just DC and Speed??

And an air strike that can preload up to 2 uses, which means you’re sending out 144 bombs into that other DD’s smoke.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
It seems to have sub-Elbing AP damage, better than Elbing HE. But Elbing HE DPM is the worst at the tier, so not saying much. Unarmored which can be good or bad, but basically it’s losing vs any dd in the game in a gunfight.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Also the new IJN CLs are pretty close to what was predicted:

Agano (3x2) [Already ingame as Yahagi]
Super Agano (4x2)
Triple Super Agano (4x3)
150 Mogami
150 Ibuki
150 WG please stop making ships with frontal pyramid setups

With all of them basically using the same 150mm gun

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
I don't think the initial status of that DD means much, you can see Wargaming giving it 5 second reload and a heal from miles away

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I've been playing a bit of Preussen and GK in recent weeks...aside from the potential economic advantages and I guess the ability to run any captain on it, there really isn't any reason to play GK anymore. Preussen just feels so much better, although even its 457mm guns feel like the bottom of the barrel in terms of the 18 inch guns in the game now.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
What are people's thoughts on the Spanish destroyer Álvaro de Bazán? I kinda want to pick up the Kearsarge because I'm a sicko like that, but if there's going to be another super-busted dd I might put my coal on that instead.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

But it keeps happening and happening and happening and as you say, people don't also seem to understand torpedo ranges.

Gun aiming restricts the camera to maximum gun range. Torp aiming doesn't. Hence, torps have infinite range.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

I'm really enjoying Cherbourg and Rooke. Am I broken? Are these lines...fun?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

General Battuta posted:

Rooke I'm pretty sure is objectively good. Its accuracy is generally very very good and the fragility is counterbalanced by the speed and concealment.

Cherbourg is a bit difficult.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I've had mixed experiences with the Cherbourg. It has pretty good AP so against "I see an enemy, time to BROADSIDE!" pubbies it slaps, but it feels kinda fragile and the HE is anemic so it struggles against angled or heavily armoured targets. But my overall impression was more positive than the general opinion seems to be.

Rooke I really enjoyed. The reload is painfully long and the torps aren't great, but it's decently fast and pretty accurate. The line seems to have a lot of promise.

E: also I'm starting to get super into the Marceau. I don't have the range skill on my captain yet so open water gunboating against heavier targets is a bit dangerous, but it loving SHREDS enemy DDs just by running at them and then nuking them straight to hell. I've had multiple ranked games where I've been able to take out both enemy DDs, which is always great.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Range captain skill on Marceau is a bit of a double edged sword, you get to farm from behind islands/openwater a bit easier but it also makes mugging DD's early in the game a bit tougher. The way I play her these days I dont take the skill and go all out DPS, means I can get out of detect-ability quicker since my range is shorter and survive more often. The floaty shells make hitting things at max range less reliable too, not like Kleber where range makes more sense.

It's just a hoot of a DD to play, a monster any time things get sweaty and competitive.

Sevastopol seems like a bit of a dud to me, the concept was cool early in testing with big short fuse guns but especially watching Biison play that thing yesterday... ugh. Gives up a lot just to get 380mm guns and a very strange (kind of neat) heal. Super low DPM to deal with other cruisers and DD's and suffers from overpens deluxe. When Petro, Stalin and Moskva already exist as heavy TX soviets I just can't see a situation when i would rather be in the Sevastopol.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

masterpine posted:

Range captain skill on Marceau is a bit of a double edged sword, you get to farm from behind islands/openwater a bit easier but it also makes mugging DD's early in the game a bit tougher. The way I play her these days I dont take the skill and go all out DPS, means I can get out of detect-ability quicker since my range is shorter and survive more often. The floaty shells make hitting things at max range less reliable too, not like Kleber where range makes more sense.

Huh ok, that's good info. Maybe it's just a question of getting more confidence and learning tricks to just gunboat like hell at ~12-13km.

Are you running propulsion or rudder mod on it?

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Huh ok, that's good info. Maybe it's just a question of getting more confidence and learning tricks to just gunboat like hell at ~12-13km.

Are you running propulsion or rudder mod on it?

Prop mod everything unless it's British and literally can't install prop mod. Speed changes are by far the most effective dodges

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

I run range mod on Marceau for farming battleships and big cruisers in ranked matches. You probably don't need it, but it's a lot more comfortable to have those extra couple km of room.

Farming random big ships is a lot less impactful in random matches than ranked. But in ranked the ability to 1v1 very nearly anything is so clutch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

General Battuta posted:

The Rooke line feels good. They're fast and have torps which is fun and the downside that they have no armour is offset by pubbies not being able to shoot straight.